Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

epalm posted:

Hello, Riding Game thread! I have been following you for a long time.

(Taken at 40 F)

:siren: Your bike missing a part! :siren:

every_picture_of_my_bike.jpg

Wulframn posted:

Thee months! Get your facts straight :v:

Also, I was welcoming him to Riding Game, not Cycle Asylum.

He's actually posted in Riding Game once before.
:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wulframn
Jul 6, 2012

sexy fast velociraptor

Safety Dance posted:

every_picture_of_my_bike.jpg

He's actually posted in Riding Game once before.
:goonsay:

To myself: Get your facts straight! :v:

Me: *turn away in shame*

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Wulframn posted:

To myself: Get your facts straight! :v:

Me: *turn away in shame*

You're a good man, Wulfram Brown.

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
My challenge stands!

I'll offer a better challenge next time, though.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

epalm posted:

Hello, Riding Game thread! I have been following you for a long time.

(Taken at 40 F)

:siren: Your bike missing a part! :siren:

I just finished putting the Speed Triple back together. :negative:

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

drat, I wish I'd taken part in this before all the northern hemispherians mothballed their bikes for winter.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho
Easily done, the joker still isn't running and I've never wanted to use a motorcycle for target practice before...

Your bike somewhere it shouldn't be

The living room, an impound lot, a handicap spot - whatever.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
*sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupppppp*

ENGAGE WULFRAM MODE

If you're bike is there then obviously it should be :colbert:

DISENGAGE WULFRAM

Wulframn
Jul 6, 2012

sexy fast velociraptor

nsaP posted:

ENGAGE WULFRAM MODE

If you're bike is there then obviously it should be :colbert:

DISENGAGE WULFRAM

Hey! :argh: If you're going to say all of my lines for me then what am I supposed to say?

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Wulframn posted:

Hey! :argh: If you're going to say all of my lines for me then what am I supposed to say?

Start being a sarcastic rear end in a top hat to fill in for nsaP while he's covering your comments. :)

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!

Parked just past the handicap spot at a police station, that count?

New Challenge: Your bike on the train tracks. Not at a crossing but on the actual tracks.

Stugazi
Mar 1, 2004

Who me, Bitter?

Ashex posted:

New Challenge: Your bike on the train tracks. Not at a crossing but on the actual tracks.

This would be cake for me. Train tracks are just outside my front door....except my bike is in the shop until next week. =(

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I think I've done this, or something close, twice in the thread so far but if I can think up a good challenge I'll probably get it tomorrow. Got a bike that needs riding.

edit: yah

nsaP posted:

Did you just do your own challenge? Brilliant. Anyway

nsaP posted:

Here ya go

:siren:at a roadside market

Seen a few of them today

Ed: doesn't have to be a big market, just someone selling produce or canned stuff is what i mean

nsaP fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 7, 2012

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

nsaP posted:

I think I've done this, or something close, twice in the thread so far but if I can think up a good challenge I'll probably get it tomorrow. Got a bike that needs riding.

edit: yah

Crossings don't count and bike has to be on the tracks :colbert:

I also just joined in on this game so feh.

Wulframn
Jul 6, 2012

sexy fast velociraptor

Ashex posted:

ENGAGE nSAP MODE

My contribution and challenge stand because I am a smug bastard and your challenge, while clear to everyone else, was occluded by my awesome smugness.

DISENGAGE nSAP

Zero fucks given. :colbert:

Wulframn fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Nov 7, 2012

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Ashex posted:

For a group as ridiculously safety-conscious as this one, I am surprised nobody else has dismissed a photo op on the tracks as being too high on the risk ladder.

I wear denim and flip my visor up when I ride but I don't gently caress around with r/r tracks.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I gently caress around with disused tracks all the time. Risk management is the name of the game.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Ashex posted:

"or something close"

Wulframn posted:

ENGAGE nSAP MODE

My contribution and challenge stand because I am a smug bastard and your challenge, while clear to everyone else, was occluded by my awesome smugness.

DISENGAGE nSAP

Zero fucks given. :colbert:
I didn't claim the challenge or call a new one, i copied old posts. You mad about somthing bro?

Wulframn
Jul 6, 2012

sexy fast velociraptor

nsaP posted:

"or something close"

I didn't claim the challenge or call a new one, i copied old posts. You mad about somthing bro?

I was making a call back to:

Day Man posted:

Start being a sarcastic rear end in a top hat to fill in for nsaP while he's covering your comments. :)

Nothing else was meant by it. :v: We're cool

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Since you all seem to be terrified of being run over by a train, your bike right next to the tracks will suffice. Go to a depot station and park by the tracks.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

flip-flopper

(Although riding on railroad tracks is a pain in the rear end.)

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Double-post

Bonus pic, a few miles down:

Your new challenge:
:siren:Post an interesting road kludge.:siren: For example:

Estoria St, Atlanta GA

This road has two 90* turns 80 or 90 feet apart. It's clear two crews started building the road from different ends, and they soon discovered they weren't going to meet in the middle. Post some interesting fuckup like this.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is the current challenge to post your bike with a mother loving police hovercraft thats for sale? No?

Oh well here this is anyway.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

For $10 it can be.

(How much for the hovercraft?)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

No price listed, just a phone number, sadly

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

No price listed, just a phone number, sadly

You know what the next step is.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Steal it, hotwire it, and go on a joyride on a cushion of air?

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Safety Dance posted:

Your new challenge:

Estoria St, Atlanta GA

This road has two 90* turns 80 or 90 feet apart. It's clear two crews started building the road from different ends, and they soon discovered they weren't going to meet in the middle. Post some interesting fuckup like this.

I live in Seattle, I just need to look out the window to find one. Background.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Ohio has a lot of hodge podged together intersections but I'm not sure how to get a good photo....

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Steal it, hotwire it, and go on a joyride on a cushion of air?

Buy it, fill it full of eels, tell shopkeepers about it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Safety Dance posted:

Your new challenge:

Estoria St, Atlanta GA

BZZZZZZZZZZZT Times up on this one. I know its winter and less people are riding, but I honestly wracked my brain trying to think of something like your challenge near me and I couldnt.

Lets try something easier. Earlier in the thread I posted a challenge of "show me something your bike isnt supposed to be doing".

:siren:Now show me something your bike was built to do. Show me your sportbike cornering, your goldwing loaded up for a trip, your harley parked outside a lovely bar, your supermoto wheelieing over the land you're trespassing on to take it in the dirt, etc etc etc:siren:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I'm making the biggest sad face right now.

Thanks for necromancing this thread, JSB.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Safety Dance posted:

I'm making the biggest sad face right now.

Thanks for necromancing this thread, JSB.

Fine, A DUAL CHALLENGE APPEARS!

:siren:Fulfill either my challenge or SD's road challenge and you get to call the next challenge!:siren:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

BZZZZZZZZZZZT Times up on this one. I know its winter and less people are riding, but I honestly wracked my brain trying to think of something like your challenge near me and I couldnt.

Thanks for this...I was actually out on the weekend and thought "hey, I'll check on the riding game and see if I can accomplish the current challenge" and saw that one and was all helll naw, I don't know this city anywhere near well enough to know about kludges like that. Unless you count all of San Francisco as one gigantic kludge, which is reasonable.

I'll try to find a trail that is 80% road 20% dirt to match a '70s scrambler's functionality.

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Damnit my Harley was just parked outside a lovely bar a few hours ago, in the pouring rain. I can't muster the desire to get dressed and go back out in this poo poo though. To be fair, I was stopping at the bike shop next door to get a new lens for my full face, which my roomate aparently got over spray on this weekend.

Edit2: apparently I suck at phones. How about two Hareys sitting in the garage, becase it's raining?

Ironhead fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 5, 2012

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

I vote that a couple of Harleys sitting in a garage counts for this one. Gotta keep that resale value high! Post a new challenge!

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Haha my Dyna is beat to poo poo, been hit a couple of times, buried in snowbanks, taken off road, but sure, I'll take it on behalf of 99% of Harley owners.

:siren: NEW CHALLENGE! :siren: Since we all know motocycle enthusiasts are learned people, how about your bike outside (inside?) a theater. Not some silly movie theater, but a place where people see plays, or musicals, or, I don't know.

Bonus points if you put it on stage.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Ironhead posted:

Haha my Dyna is beat to poo poo, been hit a couple of times, buried in snowbanks, taken off road, but sure, I'll take it on behalf of 99% of Harley owners.

:siren: NEW CHALLENGE! :siren: Since we all know motocycle enthusiasts are learned people, how about your bike outside (inside?) a theater. Not some silly movie theater, but a place where people see plays, or musicals, or, I don't know.

Bonus points if you put it on stage.

Just giving you poo poo. I'll see if I get time to do this one later this week!

Orange Someone
Aug 20, 2007
Hmmm
Hell yeah. Thread's back. Whatever the challenge is on Friday, I will be doing my utmost to complete it. I've got 4 bikes and a whole day of biking planned.

*edit* vvv How's about 300 miles between my bikes and I?

Orange Someone fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Rode to work in 24 degree weather today, but theres no theatre in town.

Yall got no excuses.

• Locked thread