Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Who or what is Hammer to Nail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
That poor fellow appears to have a sea cucumber affixed to his scalp.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Meltathon posted:

Well now I know what a movie poster would look like if I tried to draw it.

Stick figures and crude penises?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Not really movie posters but I just got these two Mondo posters:

I don't know. It seemed like a good idea at the time, for some reason.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol

Stare-Out posted:

It's a documentary but,

Indie as gently caress.

Olympia, Washington: The Movie

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Not really movie posters but I just got these two Mondo posters:

I don't know. It seemed like a good idea at the time, for some reason.

I like the first one but the second is mostly garish gradient.

CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

And I understand if you ask
Was this life,
was this all?

Stare-Out posted:

It's a documentary but,

Indie as gently caress.

I like the style because it reminds me vaguely of Edward Gorey's art, but yeah, there is no way in hell that poster is not indie as hell.

And I love how wispy and dreamlike the posters for Rise of the Guardians are, even if the movie isn't.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I kind of like this one.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Stare-Out posted:

I kind of like this one.

That is a cool poster, but I've never heard of this movie and am confused by it.

Tom Cruise? Prometheus font? Possible Elder Scrolls game tie-in? Portal-esque suit and vehicle? :wtf:

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
How many movies is Tom Cruise in next year?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Strange Matter posted:

How many movies is Tom Cruise in next year?

As many as it takes to forget his pain.

That poster is cool, and now I want to see that movie.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
How did New York get fossilized.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

That is a cool poster, but I've never heard of this movie and am confused by it.

Tom Cruise? Prometheus font? Possible Elder Scrolls game tie-in? Portal-esque suit and vehicle? :wtf:
I had to look up if that was a fake poster but it's not, the movie's coming out next year and from what I can gather it's like a direct sequel to the first Planet of the Apes, just without the apes.

Still, it should be visually interesting since it's Kosinski and chances are Tom Cruise will run in it. Actually, was that one crazy still of him running in some kind of robot exoskeleton from this movie?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 10 days!)

Stare-Out posted:

It's a documentary but,

Indie as gently caress.

So Pom Pom's City (comma) State is finally getting released?
( http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail203.html )

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Stare-Out posted:

I had to look up if that was a fake poster but it's not, the movie's coming out next year and from what I can gather it's like a direct sequel to the first Planet of the Apes, just without the apes.

Still, it should be visually interesting since it's Kosinski and chances are Tom Cruise will run in it. Actually, was that one crazy still of him running in some kind of robot exoskeleton from this movie?

That was from All You Need is Kill.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Stare-Out posted:

Actually, was that one crazy still of him running in some kind of robot exoskeleton from this movie?

That has the rather unforgettable name All You Need Is Kill?

Edit: :argh:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

That still was from All You Need Is Kill, a Groundhog-Day-Meets-Starship-Troopers scifi movie he's in next year.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Stare-Out posted:

....what :psyboom:

So is he the last man on Earth or something?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

buncha folks posted:

All You Need Is Kill

Well, I'm sold. Tom Cruise seriously owns these days.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

....what :psyboom:

So is he the last man on Earth or something?
I think he's an astronaut sent to a distant planet that might be the future Earth or something. Not sure, but even a slim premise such as that is enough to get me interested.

E: IMDb synopsis:

IMDb posted:

A court martial sends a veteran soldier to a distant planet, where he has to destroy the remains of an alien race. The arrival of an unexpected traveler causes him to question what he knows about the planet, his mission, and himself.

Aww yeah.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 7, 2012

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Stare-Out posted:

Well, I'm sold. Tom Cruise seriously owns these days.

Here, let me oversell it for you:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

GonSmithe posted:

All I know about All You Need is Kill is the title and this image, and it's already one of my most anticipated movies of next year.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GonSmithe posted:

:laffo: I need to see this, holy poo poo

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

GonSmithe posted:

Yeah, this is the best. Knowing Tom Cruise, everything in that picture is real and behind the camera are producers and studio execs who are just about to poo poo themselves.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm working on the super early campaign for AYNIK right now. It's pretty sweet. Think Halo.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That's not encouraging.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

But kiimo I don't like Halo or its aesthetic.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Maybe you should just make that image the poster.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Stare-Out posted:

It's a documentary but,

Indie as gently caress.

I actually like this. It makes me think of Wes Anderson's brother drawing a punk zine. It's not great or anything, but it's giving me a pretty idea of what this movie might be like/about.

At least more effort and time probably went into it than your average floating head photoshop job.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Supercar Gautier posted:

But kiimo I don't like Halo or its aesthetic.

Ha fair enough. But don't worry about that. I didn't mean it like that, I haven't seen it yet, there isn't even an editor's assembly. We do super early sketch/concept presentation pieces with the vendors on films like this. These presentations give a sketch and then comparable films/games/comic books/stock photos next to it to establish a look and feel for the campaign going forward. It could could be a sketch of a guy in mech armor and next to it end up being Halo shot, which is definitely one of the references, or it could be like something like Alien or Predator or The Force Unleashed or Spawn whatever that is a similar pose, feel or look.

That's not to say that the film itself will resemble Halo, like I said, I haven't seen it yet. We've just seen production photos and dailies.

As an aside, these sketch concepts are dynamite and can make the film look really cool and if I was trying to sell a film to a studio I'd have one of these made. I wish I could post one but for obvious reasons they're super classified. They made Green Lantern look like the best comic book movie ever made.

Alas.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
So it probably took someone 10 minutes to put this mess together.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

GonSmithe posted:

Tom Cruise is finally 6 foot tall.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah, this is the best. Knowing Tom Cruise, everything in that picture is real and behind the camera are producers and studio execs who are just about to poo poo themselves.

I do love how everything on that suit looks absolutely feasible in the next fifty years or so. The SCAR rifle turned into an arm gun, the robot suit looks like the Raytheon SARCOS exoskeleton, the helmet looks a bit like current issue with the NVG and light brackets, Cruise's underarmor suit looks like some of the Crye Precision armor mocked up and DARPA experimented with.

Also, I'm still waiting for someone to photoshop Cruise's robot suit blue and call it the Hollywood adaptation of the Mega Man franchise.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Slasherfan posted:

Does anyone have a list of every poster since Social Network that has done this? I'm writing a thing. I can think of Thor, and Evil Dead off the top of my head, but I know there's more.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Slasherfan posted:

The movie took ten minutes to put together. The DVD cover took thirty seconds.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

GonSmithe posted:

I prefer the minimalist exoskeleton look.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Dillbag posted:

That looks like it's made from old desk lamps and bits of stedicam rigs.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Yodzilla posted:

How did New York get fossilized.

Yeah, I want to see this movie based on the poster. But also that poo poo makes no sense.

I suspect they were trying to emulate the style of some of Zdzislaw Beksinski's work. This kind of thing.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

GonSmithe posted:

Awww. It's like a itty bitty Ripley in a power loader. :3:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Dillbag posted:

What's this from? Elysium?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

GonSmithe posted:

What's this from? Elysium?

Yeah. The only thing I don't dig from the Elysium pics is Matt Damon's giant Liefeld gun. I think it looks too big and too plastic-looking, especially compared to the alien guns in District 9, which were supposed to be awkward-looking and brightly-colored since they're built for the Prawns and really construction equipment.

His exoskeleton looks pretty realistic as well. I've seen some poo poo involving the mockup the Australians built for their Kratos soldier program and it looks similar to Damon's gear.