Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

vgperson posted:

Arino, you cappin' awful.

Gonna say I laughed at this even if no one else did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I also enjoyed it! But then I was distracted by turning and signaling to the right.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
The driving level always pissed me, even when I played it as a kid.

quote:

Woah ho ho ho, stop the car, we got an emergency, can't you see?
Do you know why we stopped the car?
I forgot to close the door.
You stupid god drat cow, you're a driving instructor, and you've been on the road with your door just wide open for how long!?

:colbert:

retromonk
Nov 5, 2009

Verveces tui similes pro ientaculo mihi appositi sunt
Just saw the PaRappa episode - awesome work SA team! Thanks.

PS the amount of animated gif potential in that episode is staggering.

Manfrey
Sep 18, 2006

Frying high
Feering good
What a great episode! I guess it makes sense that a game with the motto "I gotta believe" would work well on GCCX. Watching this really brightened up my day. Keep up the great work!

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

rdbbb posted:

Schedule update says that #151 is not Sweet Home, so sorry dudes. In fact I'd be interested if anyone else knows this one. It's Yumemi Yakata no Monogatari for Mega CD, or Mansion of Hidden Souls.

vvv Shoulda known!

I remember reading about this in... I think it was Gamepro? Ages ago. All I remember is that it's got this weird butterfly motif going on.

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

Mighty Bomb Jack just showed up on the 3DS eShop in North America, in case anyone with a 3DS wants to try it out. I don't think I dare, considering I have trouble getting through the original Super Mario Bros.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

the Gaffe posted:

The driving level always pissed me, even when I played it as a kid.

You stupid god drat cow, you're a driving instructor, and you've been on the road with your door just wide open for how long!?

Don't forget Joe Chin's limo having mufflers pointing towards the back seat so everyone back there inhales a high amount of exhaust fumes. I guess the people in PaRappa's world haven't figured out car safety yet (which makes even more sense since PaRappa crashes his dad's car immediately after getting his license).

Humongous Pear posted:

Mighty Bomb Jack just showed up on the 3DS eShop in North America, in case anyone with a 3DS wants to try it out. I don't think I dare, considering I have trouble getting through the original Super Mario Bros.
I want to try it out of curiosity, but I don't want to risk breaking my 3DS when I slam it down in anger/frustration. :ohdear:

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

the Gaffe posted:

Yeah but...I dare you to say that to her face

taopriest
Oct 25, 2011

"Games Are Like Baths, Without Them, We Would Get Sick" Igarashi Koji
So here a update for the first index page (Liar Game mentioned before):

What's that music from that episode?

Barcode Gambler Segment
Intro theme: Yasutaka Nakata (capsule) - LIAR GAME (LIAR GAME OST 2007)
Battle theme: Yasutaka Nakata (capsule) - Electrode Spark 0101 (LIAR GAME OST 2007)

taopriest fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 7, 2012

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Caitlin posted:

Oh holy poo poo the Barcode Battle being a parody of Liar Game is AMAZING.

This parody segment is really more amusing than it has any right to be, even without Doi Yoshio and the other cast members I don't remember. I just wonder if it can stay enjoyable through several episodes.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

It's such a wonderful feeling when three-quarters of the on screen text that I'd have to overlay is already in English...

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Me too, I really dug the Barcode Battler segment. I can't wait for you guys to do more of the current season to see more of that, even though this episode spoils how the other battles went.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I just don't want to grant any of Inoue's dreams.

Retrosmith
Sep 2, 2011

Caitlin posted:

Oh holy poo poo the Barcode Battle being a parody of Liar Game is AMAZING.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who caught that. It was a glorious segment.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Retrosmith posted:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who caught that. It was a glorious segment.

I had to call my friend into the room because I got him into the show and he loved it and we sat there like little giggling schoolchildren. :3:

If anyone here feels the need to degenerate further into the Japanese television scene I would highly recommend looking up the fansubs for Liar Game because it really was a fun show, especially if you're into social engineering and puzzles!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liar_Game_(TV_series)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

AD Emoto has made the biggest mistake of his time as an AD. Arino is recovering from a 26-hour shoot the previous day. Can the two of them working together get through Dig Dug 2: Dig Harder?

This episode is brought to you by the man who has mastered the electric boogaloo, OnimaruXLR.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 548.52 MB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

Random Stranger posted:

AD Emoto has made the biggest mistake of his time as an AD. Arino is recovering from a 26-hour shoot the previous day. Can the two of them working together get through Dig Dug 2: Dig Harder?

This episode is brought to you by the man who has mastered the electric boogaloo, OnimaruXLR.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 548.52 MB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download

Good to see a steady flow of episodes again. Looking forward to this one!

take_it_slow
Jul 7, 2011

How quickly is Onimaru translating these now? Two episodes in a week is a pretty stellar effort.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Random Stranger posted:

Just to clarify, he wasn't up for the entire 26 hours of "26 Hour TV." He was just a guest so he was only there for a short appearance and then probably went off to sleep or do other jobs.

take_it_slow posted:

How quickly is Onimaru translating these now? Two episodes in a week is a pretty stellar effort.

If you're talking about Parappa, I translated that one. The last episode Onimaru did was Ghouls'n Ghosts, which he translated several months ago but took a while for Clover to finish timing. This is his second episode for SAGCCX -- the first one was Fatal Fury Special. And he's working on another! Glad to have him back on GCCX eps!

ETA: As a general note, keep in mind that two episodes released in one week by the same translator doesn't necessarily mean they did them both same week. For example, Child-Rearing Quiz and Parappa were released close to each other, but I translated Child-Rearing Quiz in September whereas Parappa was translated a week ago. There are times when I'll translate 3 episodes in a week and then they end up getting released the same time as a couple of episodes I translated like, two weeks prior, resulting in a 5-releases-in-a-row "deluge" as Random Stranger calls them. It's all an illusion :ssh:

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Dec 8, 2012

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

zari-gani posted:

It's all an illusion :ssh:

My...my immersion...:negative:

[I know what I'm doing once I get home! Thanks again guys. :dance:]

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Thanks for the new episode(s).

I really like this artwork ZG.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Volfogg posted:

My...my immersion...:negative:

Youre gonna be crushed to find out I have most of the episodes completed and ready to upload on my hard drive, but am just waiting for someone to say the magic word which is known only to me.

Oh... sorry.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

I just don't want to grant any of Inoue's dreams.

gotta admit, I laughed a little too hard at that line.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

Youre gonna be crushed to find out I have most of the episodes completed and ready to upload on my hard drive, but am just waiting for someone to say the magic word which is known only to me.

Oh... sorry.

At least you didn't spill the beans about the extra secret Ocarina of Time translations. I can't believe that they still buy that "It's one of the worst challenges" bit.

InsaneDavid
Oct 22, 2012
Probably in the minority but I've wanted to see this episode for a long time. Excellent conversion of the 1985 coin-op release and I can't wait to see how the puzzle Kacho handles the fast action later on. Thank you!

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Even though it's another episode I've seen the untranslated version of, it's still awesome to have it translated by SAGCCX. I really enjoyed rewatching it, especially since I haven't seen it in forever and actually kinda forgot how it ended (I somewhat remember Arino beating the game, but I don't remember it not having a true ending). :)

Once again, you guys are the best and thank you for your hard work! :D

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
YES! And my night gets BETTER. I'm going to be up until 7AM again aren't I?

gently caress. And here I was just going to put on a rerun and go to sleep.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

Gutcruncher posted:

Oh... sorry.

Sasquatch!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

Oh... sorry.

...antiquing?

Olive Mohel
Nov 8, 2006

Life is more than a series of ones and zeroes.
I love me some Dig Dug. The second one is different and weird, which the internet tells me means it's bad, but I'll take what I can get. Thanks as always!

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011
Man, Nakayama wears that Nirvana T-shirt a lot doesn't he?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Midboss posted:

I love me some Dig Dug. The second one is different and weird, which the internet tells me means it's bad, but I'll take what I can get. Thanks as always!

Dig Dug II was the first one I played. When I tried the original, it was pretty disappointing!

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Man, that Parappa episode was awesome through and through. People getting stuck on the second level were lucky, since it is one of the greatest songs of all time. I only wish Arino would challenge Umjammer Lammy now. That caterpillar :argh:

Miss Andrist
Feb 25, 2012

This is the most wonderful Arino face.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Enjoying the Dig Dug Arino.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Oh poo poo, they're playing the Simpsons arcade game, aka the only good Simpsons game.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Silentman0 posted:

Oh poo poo, they're playing the Simpsons arcade game, aka the only good Simpsons game.

If it had a JP release, Space Mutants might have been a good game for the show.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Space Mutants is bad but not in an interesting way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
I asked before a while back, but it got lost in the shuffle, but are there any plans to sub the non-challenge segments for the rest of the DVD episodes?