Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Kovar - Taeloss, Town in the North-west

The general decided that an investigation into the mountain was warranted. After-all, it seemed to be the connecting factor to all the strange goings on. First however, the small group stopped by Algard's home so that Kovar could borrow a change of clothes. The bigger guard was hesitant at first, but once Kovar pointed out that it would quite possibly be less embarrassing for the man to be taking orders from someone modestly dressed than someone in rags he quickly assented. Once their detour was complete, and Kovar looked a bit more respectable they set out towards the mines at the base of the mountains.

Kovar is getting changed out of his rags so that he won't appear to be a beggar. Then heading towards the mines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
Lilian de Grandprč - Streets of Taeless

"Testing a theory." she claimed after taking a few seconds to catch her breath and to calm her racing heart. "I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience." she said with a smile on her face. Already she was focusing more on using her new found powers. "If I could bother you not to follow me I dare say I have more to test, good day." she gave the guard a polite curtsy.

It didn't matter if the guard listened to her or not. She wanted to move and explore and the consequence of running from the guard had not passed through her mind due to her excitement.

Charm +2: She was polite to the guard long enough to distract him before.
Divine: Windflow +2: To create a slip stream in order to outrun the guard quickly.

Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

Another bloody customs post,
Another fucking foreign coast,
Another set of scars to boast,
We Are The Road Crew.

Koth - Inside the Godsheap walls

Koth can barely keep himself from giggling, that really seemed to piss him off, and that burp.

But Koth hasn't lived this long by being stupid. It's time to skedaddle.

Making his way through the walls, he tries to come out somewhere not obvious from the cave mouth.

He hopes he can keep the song going as well, it's quite a catchy tune.

Phase shifting[+2] and Deceptively quick[+4] to make a quick exit where I can't be reached.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Fylas the Doctor - Eisos Laboratory

"So that really is you! To help you I must further explore the secrets of this art. I will explain later, for now I must work!"

Fylas concentrated on the soul in the jar. He place his hand upon it, slowly pulling the energy from the object. He could feel the soul enter his body, like tendrils of oil being sucked from water. Fylas then brought his hand to the rat's corpse, seeing in his mind the soul drain back into the corpse. The energy reached into the center of the body, slowly raidiating out to its extremities. He could feel the rat begin to come alive in his touch.

Lab Rat [+4] - Rat Stuff

Necromancy [+2] - Trying to put the rat soul back into its corpse, basically to see if it can be resurrected.

goodness fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Dec 10, 2012

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Wilhelm (Arandia, Southern Gindarr Jungle)

Embrace the madness, old man. It's not like you'll live long with your mind this far gone. You have a backpack full of bees, after all.

"Come then, little ants! Climb aboard and we shall make a true peace accord of our time!"

As the ants swarm up his boots he moves to try and find some wasp nests to communicate with.

Using etymologist +2 and hivemind usurper +2 to try and find some wasps and keep from having a fight break out immediately on contact.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Dec 10, 2012

oTHi
Feb 28, 2011

This post is brought to you by Molten Boron.
Nobody doesn't like Molten Boron!.
Lipstick Apathy
Aldrain (Eosia, Great Library of Eisos)

Aldrain looks around, trying to see if there was anyone unusual in the library, someone that would explain the presence he felt. Seeing no one, he slowly started wandering through the shelves, making his way towards the Archives, the oldest, rarest books kept under the library. As he walks, he strains, trying to find the source of this unusual sensation.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Ilvis (Arandia, Woods south of Harvan)

"What? Oh Well, let that serve as a lesson to you to... not be a horrible person and a bandit. I guess just the same though we'll have to drag him out of the pit and haul him, mm, them back to town. There's probably going to be some sort of punishment even if he is already dead. You might as well gather him up alongside the rest of the stuff and I just need to discuss something with Ser Daveron here..."

Grabbing Daveron by the arm I lean in close, ignoring the cloud of alcoholic fumes emanating from him as usual as I whisper in a low tone.

"Daveron, you might not have noticed but I'm trying to go in disguise here. There was this old woman and a squirrel and a magic sword and I'll tell you later but it's complicated so don't ruin this for me ok? And keep in mind I'm trying to keep this all a secret from my Mum so just keep it under your hat for now ok? It's. A. Secret."

Well zombie246 maybe you can claim a bounty for the dude's head? Either way though, load em up home we go. Dude you gotta be cool ok? I've got this secret identity thing and I don't need you blowing it for me and making me look bad in front of the surviving bandit. Be cool. Otherwise home we go. Feudal justice being what it is they probably will want to put the guy's corpse through some sort of horrible sham punishment process and in the least it's still better than leaving all these bodies out here in the woods to rot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJGgS9wIJiI

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Andra and Civar (Arandia, woods north of Coltain)

"If I have been wronged? Do you think rape and murder count as being wronged? Having a child forced on me and my old life being destroyed, forcing me out of the worn...then when my baby boy is sick three merchants take my money and my pleas for medicine and do nothing. Nothing at all except steal from me and force me to watch my poor child die of the pox! I gave them at least a swift death and left a message to others. Why else do you think people knew it was a witch doing all of this? Because I let their slack-witted guards go."

The woman's anger is literally palpable as she unconsciously projects it out magically. It is hard to concentrate with her projecting so much onto you. But Civar isn't sure she's telling the truth, after all there are more skulls here than should be accounted for, plus you can't see the goods left around here. Wouldn't she have at least taken the goods instead of leaving it? Something doesn't add up. Andra on the other hand is more sympathetic to the plight of a woman whose life has been destroyed and could go this far for revenge. She doesn't seem so concerned with her own wellbeing anymore.

Success for Andra, failure for Civar. Civar is not sure what part of her story is a lie though.

Alexios (Taeless, Taelos)

Alexios does not find himself welcomed in the slum areas of Taelos, his uniform and weapon mark him clearly as a soldier of sorts which is enough to evoke fears and prejudices amongst the poor and homeless. The two major reactions he encounters are fear which caused entire streets to empty at his sight, with lookouts crying out about approaching soldiers, or anger and hate with name calling and even occasional stones being thrown. The general impression Alexios gets is that the people here are miserable and desperate, and that the government does little to help or alleviate their situation.

Edo (Eosia, Eisos markets)

Edo discovers that he can make more money by healing people's small injuries and minor sicknesses for a small fee. There are doctors and medical wizards in the city, but many of them charge more money than Edo has seen in his entire life! He might not be making a fortune, but he finds that the money is enough to feed him and shelter him for the time being. More than that though, it helps him get to know the people of the city and feel more comfortable. Many of the tales that were told of the people in Eisos were exaggerated it becomes clear. Although Edo has fortunately yet to meet a Wizard or Priest, he does come to know many of the people in Eisos have the same problems and the same dreams as the villagers in Blackwater. After he heals her leg there is a little girl called Taneeya who comes to visit him every day. She tells him some stories and helps him learn things about the city, as well as occasionally smuggling him sweets. Although she only mentions it once, Edo finds out her dad often gets drunk and hits her mum, and sometimes her, which is why she spends as much time out of the house as possible. Besides, she's never met someone from the sea before and Edo has interesting stories of his own.

Success

Degowin and Koth (Frozen Wilds, Godsheap)

Degowin felt the very walls and ice of the cave struggle against him, but eventually they relented...in part. The tune has indeed been captured in the icebox as he wanted, but it seems that the blasted song remains in the walls and ice of the place still. It seems the scraps of power that seeped into the place are difficult to fully quell, as though it was the last defiant action of the dying giant.

Koth was about to leave but froze in horror as the monster tried to capture and seal away the song. It was resilient and still remained in this place, but he dallied for a moment too long and the beast caught sight of him as he phased back through the wall and made to leave. Degowin for his part had little idea of what he had just seen, a man moving through solid rock and ice. Perhaps it was a ghost? He had seen stranger and was something else than human himself now, so it seemed less impossible than a few days before.

Failure on the box action Degowin, but it was close so I made it a partial success as you had two Divine Domains and had your foible. Koth failed to back away and Degowin succeeded his notice check, but Koth has a head start at the moment.

Adam (Taeless, mining town in northwest Taeless)

Adam drinks, and drinks, and drinks, and drinks. In fact quite a crowd gathers around him as he was drinking, astonished at his feat of constitution. Unfortunately his new constitution was unknown to him and he had not anticipated just how he would react to being drunk.

The answer was rowdily.

As his younger brother explained with a mixture of amusement and disappointment, he had become quite rowdy once he was drunk and also quite loud. Apparently he managed to start a brawl in the entire inn which had spilled out into the street. Adam had been yelling things such as "you sodding giants think ye can take on a wee dwarf like me?" and "darned humans!". Why you would have ever said those things is beyond you, but it is enough to make you shrink back into your bed with shame and embarrassment.

But you have learned that you can drink an amazing amount of booze, that the harder a liquor is, the better it tastes, and that your condition is limited only to yourself.

Failure, and how. I had fun with this action!

Mazir (Elysian Sands, Elysia)

Your idea worked, in that you managed to burn the bodies and prevent your house from burning down. However the one aspect you forgot to account for was the smoke and smell. Soon you have people knocking on your door asking if you are okay and why you're smoking something so awful smelling. It seems that people in Elysia haven't smelled a burning corpse before at least. However you are unable to simply fob them off with a few quick answers and it seems you'll need to satisfy their curiosity and nosiness for now.

Success on both actions, but your henchmen will return after you resolve the current issue.

Kovar (Taeless, northwest Taeless)

The guards have a spare uniform and travelling cloak they can grab from the barracks, and go and explain where they are going as well. When they return it seems the faces Jusep and Algard tell exactly how unhappy the captain was. They are however present and present your clothing to you, so after getting changed and grabbing some travelling supplies you start to head off to the mountains in the distance. Jusep explains there's a major mining town near the peak you're heading to, so you'll stop there first.

Lilian (Taless, Taelos)

The guard blinks for a moment in confusion in response to Lilian's casual and honest answer. As he gets his wits together she jumps away out of reach and he is unable to grab her. He starts chasing her as she begins running away to explore a new area of the city.

Success, you didn't get caught and avoided the guard. The guard's chasing you but you could probably shake him if you tried to.

Fylas (Eosia, laboratory in Eisos)

The result was not desirable. Fylas quickly discovers that moving souls around can result in them becoming damaged, as the rats soul loses some of itself as he moves it around. When he reanimated the rat, it was dull eyed and mindless even for a simple vermin. He had succeeded in reanimating the dead, yes, but would this never do for Sara.

Failure, but I modified it to a partial success as you were close.

Wilhelm (Arandia, southern Gindarr Jungle)

Wilhelm discovers quickly why the bees were afraid of the wasps. They were vicious and aggressive making them difficult to commune with and harder to control. Any time he thinks he has managed to pacify them and moves some of the bees or ants closer the wasps kill them. The Wasp Queen is apparently a tenacious and sadistic lady, who lusts after the blood and ichor of lesser insects.

Failure.

Errata from last action: You manage to discover that you can either write out runes like a sentence, in essence speaking what you want. Change to gold works as well as the new symbol you and Stavos created. But you can also combine Runes together to make it more efficient in intent. However without more samples you are currently unclear on what rules govern the creation and usage of these meta-runes.

As Aldrain moves further into the library he feels it call out to him. Directed by almost a hidden hand he finds his way to many old tomes on various subjects. He lingers in front of each for a moment, before being moved along. Eventually he feels like he knows in a way these deeper depths of the library. There is an awareness here...not like that of a human but something slower and deeper. Aldrain can almost hear it, if he were to only reach out and try to communicate with it.

Ilvis (Arandia, woods south of Harvan)

The bandit looks for a moment like he wants to say something, but then decides against it and keeps his silence. Which given the dead bodies around him is neither surprising nor perhaps unwise.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Andra (and Civar) (Arandia, woods north of Coltain)

Andra frowns at the moan's tale of woe, shaking her head - though her sword remains undrawn. "Ma'am, I can sympathize - better than you may think. But killing all the merchants isn't going to bring your son back... and it will only hurt the people who've done nothing to deserve it. There's hoarding starting up in Coltain, did you know that? People can't afford to buy clothing or food because there's no clothing or food to be bought anymore. You're not just hurting the merchants, you're hurting the people who depend on them, too. Is that really what you want? After all this loss, to be responsible for the deaths of other women's children?"

She steps forward, struggling to keep her mind clear. "This isn't the way, Ma'am. How about we three sit down and talk and see if maybe we can work out a way to hurt the people who wronged you without getting innocents caught in the crossfire, okay?"

What the hell, worth a shot. Still using Charming as Hell [+4] to talk the witch down before she melts my brain.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Kovar - Mining town in northwest Taeless

Kovar leads the small band up the mountain, commiserating with Jusep and Algard, attempting to raise their spirits as any good general would. When they arrive at the small mining town, he does not even have to ask about strange happenings as all the town is abuzz about a man name Adam. Rumors swirled about the change that had come over him. Stories claimed he had shrunk to half his height, his body all going into his beard. Other talk of a drunken tirade, where the little man drank a prodigious amount and started to rail at the "giants" all around him. The tales that most interest Kovar are of the strange man's mining miracle. Claims he found unbelievable amounts of metals from what were thought to be dead veins, doing the work of month in merely a day.

If these stories were true, this man would make a valuable lieutenant, after all what was an army without supplies, and anyone who could hold down even half as much liquor as was claimed must have a constitution that would put even the most seasoned veteran to shame. Even if he could not fight yet, it seemed this stranger might have the potential to make a fine soldier, not to mention a miner as well. The fact that all these happening fit into the same time-frame as the events from the mountain was merely the icing on the cake. And so soon, Kovar was at this strange man's door, his knock loud and commanding, his voice strong. "Are you the Adam the townsfolk speak of? I would like to speak to you."

Trying to cheer up, and by doing so inspire some loyalty in Jusep and Algard. Experienced General[+4] and Powerful Charisma[+4] to apply Kovar's experience as a leader of men to do the job.

Also, meeting up with Adam.

Cacto
Jan 29, 2009
Edo (Eosia, Eisos markets)

As he spends more time in the markets, he slowly starts to build a reputation as a healer, and a cheap one at that. For a time he considers asking one of the writers at the market to take down a letter for him to his parents, but he can't shake the suspicion that he hasn't done enough. In Blackwater, his healing had seemed a miraculous gift. But here in Eisos, it's no better than a doctor or wizard's, and doesn't even attract as much money.

But, he rationalises, the stories he hears must be better than any rich man's. Those he heals are simple people, by and large - small traders, minor craftsmen, dockworkers and low-ranking soldiers. People like his family, like his friends. As they come to him with broken limbs and sicknesses, he coaxes out of them a little about their lives. Their hopes, their dreams, even their crimes, become familiar to him.

Taneeya was one of his favourites. No more than six, she was always hanging around, pestering him with questions or dropping him sweets. A year ago Edo might have shooed her away, but here she was the closest thing he had to family and it was good to have her around. Her family, though -

Taneeya's mother was a seamstress, and her father Davos a porter, and a bad one at that. Discreet enquiries had confirmed Taneeya's whispered stories about abuse, and at length Edo decided to act.

Late one night, he walked to Davos' house just in time to hear a slurry of abuse and a persistent sobbing sound. As he stood in the street, weighing up whether to go in, an old woman passing by made the sign against evil. "Bad business, that," she said, noticing where he looked. "But it's not for you to get involved, boy."

Of course, that made Edo's mind up for him. He pushed open the door, strode in and in a flash of inspiration, Edo grabbed Davos as the porter stood over his wife. Focusing, Edo made the subtle adjustments to flow that formed his power. If a man could be healed of plague, perhaps he could be healed of madness...

Using Divine Healing +2 to heal Davos' madness. If it doesn't work, Mortal Strength +2 should help him defend himself.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Stavos (Eisos, Stavos's Laboratory)

The possibilities swirled around Stavos. He had the realization that not only could he use his alchemical "powers" to transmute a base metal into a more noble one, he could use them to transmute it into a material never seen before! If he was truly himself the philosopher's stone, then this would be a way to prove to the world his success once and for all. He could carve his name into Softstone, and transform it into a material that could never have been milled. Who could dispute his skill then?

But. What was his true goal? Stavos stopped, and thought. He had devoted his life to learning, but only idle daydreams had informed him of what to do once he had reached his goals of transmutation. Reproducibility was clearly there, albeit not reliability, and he wasn't sure that this was a skill that could be taught as he himself barely understood it. There was no real chance of opening a school, nor would there be much point in writing a tome with this magnificent information. He was already comfortably wealthy; more would be nice of course, but money was a means, not an end. Without fame or fortune, what was he really doing?

Sighing, he stood up and collected his thoughts, both written down and still in his head. He'd have to really think about this, but perhaps his laboratory wasn't the right place. His stomach growled at him, and Stavos realized just how long it had been since he'd eaten. A more mundane form of alchemy was more relevant at present.

No real action here. Stavos is trying to figure out what to do with his life now that he's basically accomplished his goal, albeit in a way he never intended and in a truly unsatisfying manor. Until he can do that, he has simpler goals.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
DeGowin - Frozen Wilds, Godsheap

Degowin stood with a hand tracing the wall. It was solid, he was sure of it. Yet he had just seen a man walk through it like there was an entrance. So he can walk through walls, then....but how does he not fall through the ground? His ponderings on the stranger’s magic were cut short as the music surged in the cave once more. Degowin waved his hand dismissively, accepting defeat in the matter. He would take the game he had killed the Giant for and go.

Frozen Wilds, Northward

He delighted in stomping on the ground, the sound becoming a loud rumble and scaring birds from their nests. It was good to have this Power, he thought. A stream he crossed over turned to ice in his passing, the water flooding behind the new ice dam. As he approached the village to the North, Degowin noticed the wind was picking up and the air had the feel of a storm brewing. Closer still, he noticed snow beginning to fall heavily. When he should have been within sight, a few flashes of lightning up high. The Thundersnow. Such a rare thing, especially before the Light Celebrations... Degowin kept walking to the Northern Village, trying to amplify the thunder and howling wind to herald his arrival.

I’m starting to understand why people have argued that Ice Man is theoretically one of the most powerful X-men. I’m going to attempt to make a cold front as I walk Northward, which will become large enough to interact with existing(and presumably warmer air) to create a thundersnow effect. Like a thunderstorm, only snow instead of rain. The thunder will be terribly loud, wind should be very bad, all located squarely in and around this Village.

Action: Village-sized Thundersnow event.

Cold[+2](Divine): Cool the air around me while walking such that it is a large dense mass of cold air moving Northward with me.

Sound Control[+2](Divine) To make the thunder and howling wind unnaturally loud and frightening.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Mazir- Elysian Sands

As the bodies burned, Mazir realized too late the smoke that was rapidly accumulating throughout his house and seeping outside. In addition, the rancid smell was not helping either. Mazir cursed his own stupidity in forgetting the smoke, and he doubled up on his insults on himself when his neighbors came knocking.

Mazir! Mazir!!! It's Tullman, is everything alright in there? Is it fire?!? Yell a voice from outside the front door.

Rapidly scrambling around his living room, gathering ingredients, Mazir shouted back:Tullman, an experiment went wrong, its still a bit volatile, I'm working on fixing it, but whatever you do, don't come inside!

Well if you don't out here son, we'll have to knock our way in Mazir, get out of there!

Mazir was intently focused on his cauldron, he had gathered everything he thought he needed, and was frantically mixing it together:

Saltpeter, Sugar, Sodium Bicarbonate, Charcoal for coloring, old rotten ingredients for smell....Aaaaaannnd I think that's it! Mazir thought as he threw all the item into the cauldron. A thick black smoke began to pour out of the cauldron as the ingredients formed an artificial smoke. Mazir waved his hands over the smoking mess to try and thicken the smoke with his magic. Taking some left over charcoal he smeared it over his face to give the impression something had backfired into his face.

Satisfied, he picked up the cauldron and shouted Okay, I've stabilized it, but I'm bringing it outside, the lower parts of my house might still have some noxious fumes! Here I come!!!

Picking up the smoke spewing cauldron, Mazir kicked his door open and took several paces outside before slamming it on the ground and quickly shutting his door.

Sorry he said I didn't want any more of the smell escaping than what has already.

What happened? Why is all this smoke comming out of your cauldron? Tullman asked.

Ah, well, some clumsiness on my part, I was trying to mix a solution to make food last longer than it could by just salting it, but I accidentally knocked over several vials on my shelf and the stuff blew up in my face. He said gesturing to his blackened face.

I know my face is probably black, but I have no clue as to what else might have happened. Anyways, the brew rapidly spoiled the meat and caused some kind of smoke to start pouring out. I was worried it might have a secondary explosion, so I was trying to stabilize it when you folks came to check on me, thank you by the way. Anyhow, its should be stable, the smoke will probably die down soon, but the smell might linger, I do apologize about that. I think I spilled a bit of the mix in my house before thinning the mixture so there will probably be some more smoke for a bit, I'll try and funnel it outwith my magic once it slackens a bit. Again I'm sorry for the disturbance.

I'm making artificial smoke and lying my rear end off to the people gathered outside.

[+4 Intellect] Used my rudimentary chemistry knowledge to make fake smoke and place it in a cauldron with rotting meat.

[+4 Magic] Used my magic to amplify the effect of the fake smoke and smell to make it more convincing to the people outside.

[+2 Charisma] Used my speaking talents to make my self more convincing as I B.S my conversation with the village.

Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

Another bloody customs post,
Another fucking foreign coast,
Another set of scars to boast,
We Are The Road Crew.

Koth - Woods near Godsheap

Koth almost skips as he rushes down the mountainside.

An encounter with a spirit, or monster, or whatever, escaped thanks to this mysterious, wonderous power. Looking back, he smiled at the unbroken snow.
Let someone track him now! Ha.

Reaching the treeline, Koth waits a while for signs of pursuit, but eventually decides none are forthcoming.

Suddenly, he realises he is still humming the song, and shines up a bit.
Time to share the wonder!

Loping into the forest, Koth begins gathering his pack, calling them out from their resting places. When they are all gathered in a clearing, he begins to sing.

Not the calm humming of before, but more of a soft, undulating howl.

It's certainly catchy, now let's see if it's catching.

The Big Bad Wolf[+4] and Animal cunning[+2] to instil the song into my brothers and sisters.
The song lives on. Expect different howls in the night.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Kovar - Adam’s House

quote:

Adam: If there was one thing he was grateful for, it was that his bed seemed to have more space to sleep in. Or, in this case, to cower in. Which was what he was doing, head under the cloth covers when the knock on the door came

Adam: "Go AWAY! WE'RE CLOSED!"

***Kovar persists. This was too good an opportunity to pass up without at least trying. "I really would appreciate it very much if I could come and talk with you."

Adam: "Why! You wanna come in here and laugh?" He willfully moved into the corner, trying to shrink himself as best as he could "Ya'll alike you lot! Bunch a bastards!"

Kovar: Still yelling through the door, "I have no intention of laughing, and if it's making a scene you're worried about letting me in will be much less conspicuous than having me try and talk by yelling through your closed door."

Adam: The notion of Barbara readily eating brownies while avidly eavesdropping from her kitchen window was more terrifying than another human taking the mickey out of him. He huddled himself under the covers, making sure none of him was exposed, before saying meekly. "The door's open..."

***Kovar opens the door and lets himself in. Realizing the delicacy of the matter at hand he silently signals to the two guards in his employ to wait outside and to keep them from being disturbed. Closing the door behind him the general enters the bedroom of the distressed miner.

Kovar: Surveying the room quickly, Kovar sits down in an open chair, "I hope you don't mind but I've been walking for quite a while now and I'd appreciate a chance to take a load off my feet." His tone is calm and normal, not showing any reaction to the man hiding underneath the covers in front of him.

Adam: He hadn't given it much thought at the time, but there was a strange sensation as the man spoke. Usually Adam was very much against people coming within such close proximity - it was why he left his brothers to do all the shopping parts of his chosen career. But the man had pretty much come in, taking a seat near his bed, and Adam hadn't batted a single eyelid.

Adam: Of course, that didn't mean he was going to jump out of the covers and embrace him as one of the family just yet

Adam: "Well la-de-da I hope ya wee walk around the mountains ain't gonna kill ya" He muttered from his safety blanket. "Now what do ya... Ahem... What do you want?"

Kovar: The miner was obviously in shock from whatever had happened to him, the General thought. He takes on a reassuring tone, "Now, I think things would be a bit easier for both of us if you would come out from under there. I give you my word of honor that I will not laugh."

Kovar: This was not all that different from calming a recruit whose nerves had been shattered by the horrors of battle

Adam: The words were quite comforting, and Adam considered them for all about three seconds, before the images of last night's description started to run through his head. The idea of the ridicule he was going to receive when he got out of the covers, the mess he had caused, the length his beard had grown, all of it joined with an odd, tough feeling somewhere deep within his chest. Something different. Something stubborn.

Adam: "W-w-w-why should I? You don't need to see me to tell me what you want! Just say it and be done with it!"

***Kovar sighs. "Very well, but you're going to have to come out of there someday. Hiding won't make whatever happened to you go away. As to what I want, I want to meet you. I've heard a number of rumors around this town, and to be frank, you intrigue me."

Adam: "Why? I'm just a smith with a beard. There's nothing special about me. You should see my younger brother. He can whistle through his nose."

Kovar: "Whatever you were before, now you have suddenly changed height, grown a beard, and if rumors are to be believed drank enough to kill a normal man and did the work of 20 men in the mines. How could anyone with an eye for talent not be interested?"

Adam: The words came slowly, like he was carefully watching his tone in case it suddenly changed. "Because I'm just a normal miner, in a normal town, with normal problems in my life. Like making sure I have some money stashed to help my brothers out. Like wondering if the pretty girl at the pub will ever think of me as more than just a customer. Like having two kids and dying in my sleep. I didn't ask for this. I don't want to be talented or special or amazing. I just want to be left alone... in a mine... with an axe... and maybe a very short woman."

Kovar: "Which is pretty much impossible now. I can tell you that as the rumor spreads I will not be the last to come and seek you out, and I imagine others will be less... discrete and less concerned with your wellbeing. With that in mind, do you mind if I ask you some questions. Your situation strikes a chord with me."

Adam: A defeated sigh came out from under the covers, followed by a half-hearted "Sure thing..."

Kovar: "Can you tell me when this all occurred? What happened in the lead-up to the change?"

Adam: There is another pause from under the covers. "Sometime... two nights ago. I don't know what happened, but I went to sleep feeling just fine... and I woke up... well... like this. I tried to go through my day as normal as possible... but apparently that's easier said than done."

Kovar: "Would this have been the night of the strange comet?" The general sounds excited.

Adam: "What stra...." The body underneath the covers shifted, a strange thought came into his head, "Wait... the... the stars! There was something strange in the sky... I remember trying to... do something... I.. I can't remember it well because I passed out."

Kovar: The same night he awoke to his own power, this was certainly more than mere coincidence, and only served to redouble Kovar's determination to recruit the strange miner. "Indeed, it seems that something momentous has occurred that night, I doubt we two are the only ones affected."

Adam: "Wait... wait you're shrunk too?!" He pulled the covers down, exposing his eyes and red hair, the eyes previously lit up now looking dejected "Oh... nevermind."

***Kovar smiles broadly, "No, my gift is different, let us just say that it would do well to not play chess against me. Ah, but how rude, I haven't introduced myself. My name is Kovar, once of Mirn but now of nowhere in particular." He extends out a broad and weathered hand towards the figure under the covers.

Adam: He stared at the hand before gingerly reaching a stubby palm from out of the covers towards it, taking it with a firm Shake. "Um.. Adam. Adam Lebron. Mirn?"

Kovar: The general gets a far off look and his voice turns somewhat wistful, "An island nation, between the two great continents, a verdant and beautiful land."

Kovar: In his distraction he doesn't realize he has failed to release the smaller man's hand.

Adam: Adam quietly lets the hand stay, not wanting to upset any more people than he already has. "An island huh... sounds pretty far away. You came all this way to come see little ol me?"

Kovar: Realizing what has happened, Kovar pulls his hand back, somewhat embarrassed by his mistake. "No, sadly, that is a much more... tempestuous story." A shadow crosses his features for a moment, but then it is gone and the confident charisma of the general returns. "I came to a nearby town and heard tell of strange happenings on the mountain. When I came to town I heard of you, and came at once to find you."

Adam: He cocked his head, feeling like his missed something important. "Well, at least you didn't have to travel too far. Nice to meet you Kovar." He pulled down the cloth further, now exposing his face and beard. "I hope it wasn't too disappointing. I mean, you got, what, super smarts, and all I got was itchy regrowth."

Kovar: "I think you are selling yourself short. I am... was..." he appears indecisive for a moment, "no, am... a general, and if even half the rumors are true you have yourself some extraordinary talents that would allow you to be quite the soldier."

Adam: "I cannae be... Ahem... I mean, I don't want to cause a problem, but... um... I'm not exactly soldier material. I'm more of a quiet smith..."

Kovar: "Trust me, I've trained hundreds of men. If the stories of the mine and the tavern are true, in terms of raw potential I'd put you in the top 10."

Adam: "Well. Gosh.. I'm glad someone still has faith in me after last night... but potential or not, I would prefer not having to do any kind of fighting. Ever. Again."

Kovar: "As I said, you may not have a choice in the matter. You've changed, I've changed, who's to say we're the only ones. More than that, when what has happened too you gets out there will be others who come, and they may be willing to do terrible things to coerce you to fight for them." The general smiles again, really turning up the charm, "So you might as well do it on your own terms."

Adam: The covers slowly started to rise, now returning to the level of his nose "But... but... but I don't... why would... why would... can't we all just.. talk about this?"

***Kovar moves to calm him once more, "Calm down, I don't intend to make you do anything you don't want to do. However, my own past has taught me that those born into noble blood have much less consideration for the rights of the common man."

Adam: "Common? I can do common! I'm the most common man you'll ever meet!" His eyes light up as he speaks. "If I just do what people say they'll just leave me alone... right?"

Kovar: A sad smile crosses the general's features. "I'm afraid not, not anymore." He sits back to ponder for a time, before he speaks again, "I guess I should explain myself, perhaps then you will understand that fate that awaits you if you simply hide in this room for as long as you are able. Would that be acceptable to you, this might get a bit long."

Adam: "Uh.. just give me the just-got-out-of-bed-and-feeling-the-shame version"

Kovar: "Very well." Kovar gives a brief explanation of Mirnian society and the total domination the nobility holds over it. Then he tells his own tail, his rise, the noble's rebellion, his appointment to High-General, the campaign. Then he tells Adam of the king's betrayal, the conspiracy with the defeated nobles that cast him out and ended up bringing him here.

Adam: He listens quietly, face stern, seemingly wanting to say something halfway through, but doesn't until the end. "So.. your theory, is that if this... this comet... is changing people, well.. how many people is it going to change? is it going to come back?"

Kovar: "I don't know, but I do know that once other figure out what I have things will change. Even if they never do, what king can resist the perfect general, or a soldier with the strength of ten men. What won't they do to possess those things? I have already seen a king throw away a victory to , to have men tortured and framed without a hint of remorse, and that was merely to destroy a rival."

Kovar: It looks like it pains him to tell Adam this, "You will not be able to hide, neither will I." His sadness turns to determination, and it is clear that he is at heart a leader of men, "So I offer you an alternative. Serve me, and though you will not be anonymous, you will at least not be a spectacle in some royal court."

Kovar: "With your power and mine, perhaps we will be able to forge through the pain of war a better world, or at the very least a slightly less unjust world, that is also safe for us."

Adam: "Um... um... um... Can it involve less war?"

Kovar: "That's really depends on the decisions of others. I'd prefer not to have to fight, but there are times when it is necessary. Either way, you are as useful in a mine as on the field, but there are times when you'd have to fight. Especially early on, I don't really have a complete army yet. At least, once you show you can fight I imagine the people will be much less likely to laugh at you."

Adam: The covers lowered again, now this time stopping at his shoulders. "I'm... I'm not much of a.. um.. I dinnae know..." His words trailed off, as he seemed slightly lost in thought. However, the fear of moment before was passing, and he slowly began to calm himself, his voice taking a less emotive tone. "I don't know what your army is going to do, but I don't like getting into trouble. Also, I don't really have an army. Can I ask you something?"

Kovar: "Go ahead."

Adam: "I'm... I'm not very good with people... so.. how about.. this.. can you.. you know.. talk to them for me?"

***Kovar gives a comforting smile, "I'd have no problem with that. Really, if you worked for me I'd end up doing most of the talking anyhow. After all, with my new power I think I can be rather confident that I'll make some mark on the world, and what better place to hide then right next to me. People will be too blinded by my ascendance to notice you except when you want to be noticed.

Kovar: "Why, if you prefer, once I actually have the funds, you could fight in full armor so enemies never have to even see your face. It might not truly disguise you due to your height, but I imagine it would provide you some distance from them in a figurative sense."

Adam: "Actually..." he says lifting a hand beneath the cloth, "I could always make you a set. I am a smith too you know. Alright. This sounds ominous, and if we're lucky, we won't have anyone trying to fight your army just because they're there... Uh... where IS your army?"

Kovar: "As I said, I don't have one yet. I've only just started to build one, for the moment it's just two guards who have agreed to aid me to work off a debt. I'm hoping that by that time they'll have come around and will sign up for good. Building an army is a strange thing, it's slowest at the start. Don't worry though, my plans are already in motion in terms of getting an actual army and not just 2 men and perhaps you."

Adam: "Ah... well, um... I guess I could be army member number.. uh.. three..."

Kovar: "Good, I was hoping you'd say that." Kovar's smile is magnetic, "Now perhaps you should come out from under those covers, so I can get a better look at you and see what you can do."

Adam: "Yes. Certa..." he began to take the covers off, before pausing, and bringing it back up again. "Ahem.. Apparently.. uh.. I seem to have put myself in a state of undress when I got home last night. Do you.. um... mind?"

Kovar: "Just put on some undergarments, I'll have to examine you to make sure there are no obvious problems anyhow." Kovar turns around.

Adam: Quietly, he sets about putting on a pair of trousers, taking time to note that some of them have been cut at the tips to suit him. Sometimes, he mused, having brothers can be pretty handy. Finally, out of the covers, he stands aside the bed, at 4 ft, well toned thick muscles on his arms, a pot belly he did not remember ever having, and a ginger beard that spread all the way to the centre of his chest. "Ahem.. you can turn around now..."

***Kovar turns around. "You don't mind if I examine you do you? Make sure you don't have any obvious impediments. It's something I've done many times before."

Adam: "Ah... s-s-s-s-ure... I.. ah... Ahem... Please... uh... Do you.. mind.. Just.. uh.. I'm not used.. to being.. ahem.."

Kovar: Without delay the general rises and moves to examine the dwarf in a workmanlike fashion. Looking him over for obvious deformities, without asking he lifts Adam's arms to examine them and get a feel for their range of motion, he moves the dwarf's head examining him closely. When he's finished he returns to his chair.

Kovar: "You can get dressed now. I can confirm my earlier statement about your potential as a soldier."

Adam: "Sure. Thing. Thank... You.." He quickly threw an oversized tunic on, struggling not to feel quite awkward about the situation. "Well, soldier or not, what's the plan now?"

Kovar: "Well for the moment I'm investigating the strange goings on around the mountain. I'm not sure if you're connected to them, but I think it's unlikely. When there's time I'd like to give you and the two others some combat training, so that if we do run into trouble we'll be prepared. In the long-run I'm looking for a base of operations I can recruit from."

Kovar: "I've been meaning to ask, why are you so ashamed about what you have become?"

Adam: He looks away, straightening his tunic in embarrassment "It's... its not that I mind.. I mean, I work better, I would probably eat less, and at least not clothes won't be so expensive... It's just. I don't like making a scene. Of anything. I just want to do my work and be left alone. Big changes like this, they make me a centre of attention. Something I don't like. At all."

Adam: "I'd rather just be good old Adam."

Kovar: "Just a piece of advice, the more ashamed you are the more people will notice you. Be proud of what you become, revel in it, and the attention and ridicule you fear will fade away. Others see as normal what you see as normal. If you decide that what you are is normal, then it will soon be normal to the others as well."

Adam: "Well la-de-da. Thanks. Can you go talk to the townsfolk now?"

Kovar: "Sure, but you're coming along. The more they see you, and the more they see you next to me the less they'll care about what you've become."

Adam: He seemed to resign himself, and eyes looked downcast. "Alright. fine. Just... just don't make a scene... alright?"

Kovar: "Oh, the more of a scene I make the more eyes on me, and less on you."

Adam: "Just.. not in my name then?"

Kovar: "Of course. After all, you work for me now, it's only natural that I'll end up shouldering whatever notoriety you've gained."

***Kovar gives another magnetic smile.

Adam: "Ah.. whoa.. not work for you..." he interjected. "Partners."

Kovar: "In private, but in public it's an excellent ruse to draw attention towards me and away from you."

Adam: "Aye... good point."

Heading outside once more, Kovar silently signals the two guards that gawking at the new recruit would not be tolerated. Then with Jesup, Algard, and Adam in tow he makes for the center of town. Finding several copper pieces in a pocket of the borrowed clothes, he finds a child and offers him a copper to gather up the townspeople, promising two more if he succeeds.

Once most of the people in town were gathered, they gawped and whispered in Adam’s general direction. Kovar, discretely allowed this to continue under the appearance of waiting for the stragglers to gather, seeming oblivious to the dwarf’s discomfort until Adam had reached his breaking point. Adam, the general reasoned, needed to become at least somewhat used to having attention focused on him as it was going to happen in some form one way or another, also letting stress build and then coming to the rescue was an easy way to build up some loyalty in the dwarf.

As Adam tried to quietly shuffle away, he felt a strong hand on his shoulder holding him in place. Kovar smiled down at him as though he just realized was happening then he turned towards the crowd and began to speak. “I was the one who called you all here today because I have an announcement of some import.” Whatever attention was on the dwarf suddenly and instantly shifted to Kovar. The three beside him had felt the pull of his charisma, but never this strongly. The general was a man in his element, his voice deep and steady, his bearing noble and strong, that he was still unkempt and in modest guard’s clothes and cloak was forgotten immediately as his voice passed over the crowd. “Something strange and wonderful has happened to Adam,” he gestures to the dwarf, but much to the small man’s relief the crowd’s eyes never falter from the taller man. “But that is not the reason I called you here, it was to announce that Adam has signed on with my company.”

“Yes, he is a man of extraordinary talent. I’ve heard you all talk of his exploits. That he has signed up should tell you something, that I am building an army of extraordinary quality. So I put it to you, would you miss a chance to become part of such an organization. I’ve lead many a force in battle, but what I plan to create will put every army in the world to shame. For those who join, if you put in the effort to excel, a life of adventure and glory await. How many among you have been pushed around by bandits or corrupt officials, join with me or support me and I will help make you and your town stronger than its ever been.” The general’s speech went on, using many of the rhetorical tricks he had learned during his time as High-General when he had to essentially rebuild units from scratch in cases where their predecessors had defected to the noble rebels.

By the time he was done, he hoped to have the crowd, and also his existing recruits in the palm of his hand, eager to join up and be trained by him. Any number of recruits would be welcome, but if he played his cards right he might get the entire town to join up and become a base for him to operate out of.

Most of all he was interested in securing the loyalty of the dwarf. If his hypothesis was true, then there were many more with powers granted from the falling stars, and more he could recruit to his cause the stronger he’d be. Perhaps strong enough to retake Mirn in years instead of decades.

Chat with Adam. Also, Kovar is trying to sway the townsfolk(and Jesup, Algard, and Adam) into following him and swearing loyalty.

Powerful Charisma[+4] - Kovar’s natural charisma in on full display here, easily giving a stirring speech to a large crowd.

Experienced General[+4] - Part and parcel of being a general is getting men to follow you. Knowing how to get them to give up their peaceful lives to fight, and maybe die for you. It’s something Kovar has had to do many times, especially since the royal army was so full of defections due to the bribery of the nobles. It came down to learning to recruit men who could resist any offer to betray their leader and their comrades and recruit a lot of them or die. With those stakes, Kovar was a quick learner.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Vanthos-Basement

Vanthos looks at the imp, and the imp looks back at Vanthos. He has succeeded. He knows from his studies that the most important thing is confidence. He steels himself up and says, "Imp, I am your master. I have summoned you here to do me a service. You will submit to me.", he says, entering into a battle of will with the creature. As he understands it, from his studies, imps are some of the weaker of the denizens of beyond, but still can be dangerous in their own right. And he knows he'll have to break the will of this one before he can give it commands.

Trying to dominate the demon. Using persuasion +4 to try to win it over, with scholarship +4 helping by helping me recall what I know of imps, and of course, Summoning +2 to keep the gate open and me protected.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Wilhelm - Southern Gindarr Jungle -> Home, Minburg

He knew he was not dreaming, because his dreams were pleasant. Hearing screams of distress and watching his companions be dismembered and torn to shreds was not a pleasant thing at all. Maybe he wasn't even crazy, much to his dismay.

Though it is still not normal to hear the screams of distress from ants and bees. Wilhelm found himself withdrawing from the jungle to distance himself from the cruelties of the wasps, and returned to his farm with the new colony of ants riding across the surface of his boots.

It is another long walk, but the tired man still has much to do and little would stop him besides utterly passing out. He stops in the middle of an undeveloped field nearby his own land where he allows his riders to dismount, "My new companions, I would ask of you to create a colony here, and pull down the grass and tumble the dirt so that it may breathe. Eat what grubs and bugs you find, but to ready this field for planting so that everyone, including yourselves, may prosper would go a long way!"

Wilhelm is gonna use Agricultural Genius +4 and Hivemind Usurper +2 to see how good the ants would be at preparing a field and working the earth compared to the bees. He's going to spend some time directing them and see if they can begin working autonomously after that.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Octagon - His Secret Lair, Taelos

quote:

<Rhjamiz> Octagon takes a moment to ponder, thrumming the crossbow string like the world's cheapest mandolin. "Could you... I don't know, get one of your ultra-venomous buddies to bite him and kill him?"
<Nenji> "Oh my, I could beg them to but I have no power over them. They are of far more noble blood than I. You would have better luck asking them yourself." The spider replies in its dry voice, but there is a touch of some concern to its dry humour. Apparently it may not be joking about spider nobility.
<Rhjamiz> Octagon mms, and thinks a moment. Far-off thoughts. "More noble? How does spider nobility... work?"
<Nenji> "How venemous you are of course. The ability to kill quickly with a single bite is the only worthwhile noble trait."
<Rhjamiz> "True enough, true enough. You're right about that, I'll wager. So. How does one address spider nobility?"
<Rhjamiz> Octagon ahs. "And where do humans stand in this eight-legged court, per se?"
<Nenji> "How venemous is your bite?" The spider asks with smugness in its voice.
<Rhjamiz> Octagon ahs. "Hmm. That could prove to be a small snag. Does manufactured poison count?"
<Nenji> "No. Although I imagine the ability to step on them will give you bargaining power, if not actual social status."
<Rhjamiz> "True enough. Do they have any particular title? Do you?"
<Nenji> "That depends on how they feel. I have many, but none I feel like using at the moment."
<Nenji> "Of course, my paltry amount of titles is truly insignificant compared to those the nobility have."
<Rhjamiz> "Alright. Duly noted. Any proper method of approach I should know about?"
<Nenji> "You're the first one to talk to spiders that I know of. Try being polite? Other than that you're breaking new ground here. Make a name for yourself, the longer the better."
<Nenji> The spider is enjoying this far too much.
<Nenji> It is official, spiders are arseholes.
<Rhjamiz> Octagon thumbs the crossbow string. "Know any nobility, or one who can point the way?"
<Nenji> "Some human keeps a few. Not sure what for, but you might be able to bargain their freedom for a service."
<Rhjamiz> Octagon ahs. "That I can do. Does this human have a name?"
<Nenji> "I would expect so. I do not know it. I make a point not to go near that part of town."
<Rhjamiz> "Which part of town?"
<Nenji> "It is the part of town where the humans that think they are important are."
<Rhjamiz> Octagon mutters. "Wonderful." He ponders a moment. "Thank you for the information."
<Nenji> "Don't worry, I'll collect the debt some day."
<Nenji> Apparently now Ocatagon is endebted to a spider. At the very least, you learn that it's bad to underestimate them.
<Rhjamiz> "Lovely."

Octagon sighs. He puts the crossbow away for the time being. It's to see a spider about a man. Who has a spider.

Heading to the Noble/Merchant district? Whichever it's called. Discretion +4 and Spider Whisperer +2 to go around inquiring with spiders in the area about who it is who has the spider nobility, and to do it discretely.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 15, 2012

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Civar with Andra in Arandia, Woods near Coltain

"Listen to Andra. She's lost a boy of her own. She knows what you are going through."

I needed to buy some time to think without being bombarded by the witch's magic, so I told her what I thought she wanted to hear. Hell, it was probably even true; she'd probably gotten her share of young soldiers killed.

+2 to Andra's action
Stage Magician+2 - tell her what she wants to hear

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
Adam - With Kovar in the village square

So there he stood, in the middle of the village square, listening in on Kovar's words. The man knew how to phrase things, that was for sure, and certainly knew how to sway people his way.

Despite the calm - but rather steady - hand on his shoulder, there were a million places in the world Adam would have rather been than in front of all these people. however, Kovar seemed to be doing his best at his word, diverting all the attention towards himself. This man could, potentially, save him from ever having to deal the problems of his strange new form ever again. Adam slowly started to feel at ease...

...until the mention of recruiting the people in town as an army.

At once, he tensed up again, his head spinning. Although the conversation was only a short while ago, he couldn't believe he had not realised that when Kovar had mentioned creating an army, he had meant using the people from the mines. He started to speak, then fumbled with the words under his breath, unable to get them out. An army was one thing, forming it out of his collegues and friends however, was going to get quite complicated.

Action: None, too dumbstruck to say anything, and Adam doesn't want to cause a hassle

JonasSalk
May 27, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Eerdeth Romul - Kiris

I've been sitting at this bar for days, trying my best to drown out the voices--whether they be voices I hear with my ears or my mind. It's no good, I am struck from all directions, and I can't figure out which voices are in my head and which are being spoken by lips.

"She's such a bitch." "Why fight wars for a man who cares not a bit about us?" "Pass me another drink, bartender." "Take her down to the boats and send her body on The Journey."

It was no use, try as I might, the voices continue to pour in and I am defenseless. Had I known this would happen, I'd have let those fools on the road kill me. That'd have been much easier to deal with.

"Hey bartender," I call, "where's that other drink? Keep them coming please."

Action: None, I continue to drink and listen in on the discussions around me.

Zombie #246
Apr 26, 2003

Murr rgghhh ahhrghhh fffff
Daveron (Arandia, Woods South of Harvan)

Daveron grumbles once more, and looks to Ilvis, and nods. "Looks like we may have made some coin today," he stumbles forward, grabbing his flask and drinking some. Slowly, Daveron grabs most of the bandits and drags them over to a log, their bodies dragging through the mud.

He grabs an axe one of them had poorly fought with, and hefts it above his arm, and turns to Ilvis, "Turn your head, young'un. This isn't for kids." He brings his arm down, hacking the heads off the bandits one by one.

Chopping the heads off the bandits (and the bandit leader), so that they might be turned in for bounty (if they have one). Looting the bodies, carrying the goods as best I can back to Harvan. Using +4 Strong Body to carry it all.

Roara
Nov 14, 2012
Red: Val Aman, near Val Haysus, and possibly in Wonderland as well!

"What a coincidence! We have a Mister White and a Miss Red in the same room," spoke Red at some point during the introductions, not caring much that they weren't yet in a room. Maybe the room would appear on its own accord, maybe not.

"I'm not a fan of dogs, though, so I'd better not help look for him, but a tea party sounds fantastic! I've always wanted one!" Dogs weren't exactly wolves, but they reminded her of them. She wanted to avoid being reminded of things like that, so, while she did follow Alice, she did all while trying to ditch her in favor of the tea party.

She couldn't help but think that Alice ought to be named Blue instead. Maybe then they'd have made better friends.

Continuing this fairytale adventure, sans any dogs, please.
D: Phantasms +2 (creating more phantasms for the fairytale, as per last action, except with a preference for rooms and animals that aren't canine)
M: Hallucinations -2 (keeping the dreamworld from becoming a nightmare)
M: Escape +4 (sneaking away from Alice and the dog search, in favor of finding a tea party instead!)

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
Lilian de Grandprč - Streets of Taeless

Looking straight a head she ran, she just had to lose the guard that was chasing her and quickly. Her strength was dwindling rapidly from all the extended physical activity that she was currently involved in. If not for her new found powers she knew she would of collapsed long ago.

Quickly she moved towards and ally way and ran down it, gasping for hair as she felt the rest of her strength exhaust. Leaning down she put her hands on her knees and took in several deep breaths of air, completely unaware of her surroundings.

"What, you big idiot how did you let a girl slip by!" a short man wearing a black hooded cloak lectured another man who had to be at least seven feet. The tall man's appearance was ghastly, his face was thuggish and had many scars all over and dimwitted eyes, while his companion had a pale complex with his facial figures hidden by the hood.

The big man responded in a slow voice "Sorry boss."

Confused by what was going on she looked around the ally. She noticed another man beaten and bloody on the ground as well as a large supply of crates. "Ummm..I wont tell anyone so just.."

"Grab her you fool." she small man hissed quickly to his partner.

Low strength and Endurance -2: Having just run what was a marathon to her, she is quite tired and slow to react to the big guy wanting to grab her.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Ilvis - (Arandia, Woods South of Harvan)

"Wait what are you-"

Wait, what is he-

"Oooh, somehow that's even worse than what I had in mind. Ugh well yeah. Ok. Let's just uh, get a go on then. Ahem. You there! Move it! And pile them up afterwards, we'll just drop them into one of these pits here and push something over it and we're moving out."

Ah well. Mass grave it is then. Nothing particularly shameful or wrong about that. Sometimes you're in a hurry and you need a burial dirty and quick, or you're using

M: +4 Martial Training to otherwise stay busy and don't want to watch a belligerent drunk lop heads and hands off of corpses. Sometimes part of doing soldier's work involves burying dudes in a hurry and also not puking at post-mortem mutilation.

oTHi
Feb 28, 2011

This post is brought to you by Molten Boron.
Nobody doesn't like Molten Boron!.
Lipstick Apathy

Aldrain creeps through the shelves, whispering "Hello? Is someone there? I can feel you out there."

As he moves, he is straining to sense the presence more clearly, while simultaneously trying not to run into anything or make too much noise.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Andra and Civar (Arandia, woods north of Coltain)

"And what can you do? Take me to that town and the vermin there will just try to hang me. They're all as guilty for not doing anything about those merchants, let them understand my pain. I don't care."

Well despite her words Andra gets the idea that if she put forward an idea that was acceptable to the Witch then she might agree to it. But that itself is no easy task. Civar managed to help by virtue of being distracting, his queues and tricks catching the witch off guard and causing her to speak her mind more so than if she had a chance to focus and say what was likely, mostly a prepared speech. If Andra and Civar can figure out a way to get justice for all parties then the witch might just agree to settle this peacefully, or relatively anyway. There is still a sense of power in the air though, an ominous reminder of just what she could do.

Success, the witch is a bit more willing to discuss things with you but talking her out of it will be hard and require a solution that will still make her happy.

Kovar and Adam (Taeless, Town of Sellos)

As Kovar finished his speech the ground beneath them began to rumble. Adam felt uneasy by this, something in him knew that what was happening now was bad. The earth itself felt...angry. The sky around them grew red as gas seemed to come out of the mountains itself.

Blood shed...in my lands...leave outsider...before I swallow you... A rumbling voice seems to come from the mountains itself and earth itself. Adam recognises the voice however, as he is more in tune with the ground than Kovar and the townsfolk around him. It's Felwen, another miner was generally a nice guy and always seemed understanding and considerate. Despite his words maybe being considered benevolent to the townsfolk, Adam still feels a sense of wrongness about it.

The villagers are naturally distracted by this astounding turn of events and forget almost all of Kovar's words.

(Failure, so I decided to introduce this plot element at a convenient time)

Edo Waters (Eosia, Eisos)

Edo grabbed the man and isolated the area that was causing his madness. There was a malignant substance there, which you purged easily. But there was a deeper problem, a cause to this which you needed to resolve. So you moved your power in deeper until you found that spot which had been affected. Then you changed it so that it could not happen again. The action took only the moment of contact, so the man looked at you for a second with rage and anger, as if he was going to strike you instead of his wife. Then he ran to the chamber pot to be sick. The woman looks at you in surprise and terror and pushes you out of the room and house.

You do not see Taneeya for four days after that. When you do see her she seems troubled and a bit confused. She tells you about how her dad hasn't hit her mum for a few days, but he acts weird. Later you overhear another porter talking to another. "Did you hear? That Davos can't get drunk no more. Says any ale or mead he drinks tastes like water, gives him no buzz either. Dunno what he's going to do now. Sure he stopped being a drunken lout but, it's like he's lost a bit of his will to live y'know?"

Before you can ask further questions they walk away.

Success, you have permanently changed the porter Davos such that he cannot taste alcohol and that it no longer causes him to be inebriated.

Stavos (Eosia, Eisos)

The markets are always a good source of food, there are peddlers selling various meats and fish on skewers, as well as fruit and a few other simple foods that can be stored and sold at market easily. If Stavos wanted to make something himself, such as some mashed chickpeas or to cook some rice he'd need to get ingredients for that. At any rate, his destination would need to be the marketplace, one way or another.

When he went to his regular market there was a new man there. Although Stavos wasn't sure exactly what he did there, he watches the man touch a child who was coughing with a nasty summer fever. After a moment the child visibly brightens and becomes more energetic. The mother accompanying the small boy looks relieved and gives the man a few copper coins. Perhaps he was some kind of healer? It would be odd for the university Medicus to give their services for so cheap and so Stavos discounted that possibility quickly. Furthermore the man had done no gestures or incantation. It was more like Stavos' new ability, and maybe a little like Aldrain's.

You can meet up with Edo Waters if you wish

Degowin (The Frozen Wilds, outskirts of Northward)

The air grew colder around Degowin as he walked and the light began to fade as snow swirled around him. But try as he might he couldn't make it as impressive as he wanted, not quite enough. The components were there and he found his new powers over sound could create thunder crashes quite amply, but it was all focussed around him. He was the eye of a storm, but it offered no peace and calm unlike a natural storm. It would have to do, he'd had some time to try and build up and practice to this point after all. Degowin felt sure it would cover the town with ease and a deal of the surrounding space, but it wasn't a true storm.

Partial success, so the effect is more centred around you in an area (sizeable) rather than a true storm-front. It is still likely to be impressive however.

Mazir (Elsyian Sands, Elysia)

"Look Mazir just don't do that again okay? If you want to go to one of the outer caves, no one will mind if you use one for something like that." The man says with some disgust, commenting on the caves on the outside of the Caldera. Many had been worn in by the sands so they weren't used as residences, but if you avoided them during a sandstorm they were a decent enough place to do things that smelt bad.

"By the way I haven't seen Aldema today. If you see her can you let her know I'm waiting for my skins?" He says referring to the woman that you had just moments before killed and drunk deep on her soul.

Success, you manage to defuse interest in the situation.

Koth

The problem with teaching things to wolves, is that unless you're there to enforce it or it relates to hunting they tend to forget. So Koth finds that as long as he keeps reminding the wolves from time to time they'll kind of yip it back to him. But try as he might, he can't get them to howl it. Howls have specific meanings and to change that would be to say something entirely different. It is not so much the wolves being reticent, but simply that Koth cannot explain it to them. In the end although Koth knows the ways of wolves well, they are wolves and he is a man. They do not truly know the tongue of man, but more the way he says things.

Succes, you teach the wolves the song. However your trait is neither magical nor Divine, so you can't change a wolf's nature. If you find a way to do so however, a follow up action would be much easier.

Vanthos (Eosia, Eisos)

Vanthos looks his will with the creature, using his power to try and directly dominate it. His next few seconds are confused however as he senses another mind behind it, one much stronger than him. Keeping the gate open however only gives it an opportunity to remain in contact with him. As Vanthos struggles to free himself from its ensaring presence the voice speaks to him through the gate. It is a deep rumbling voice of fire and ash, without a trace of pity in it.

"Ah, so finally a competent Summoner has appeared, or at least one with potential. Why settle with just this little Imp? Wouldn't you like something a bit better? I can teach you...I can give control...I can give you power. All you need to do is do something for me in return. That seems like a reasonable trade doesn't it?"

You cannot help but feel that any deal the entity will offer you will not be truly in your favour, but at the same time there is an alluring quality to the way it offers power, knowledge and control over other creatures.

Success, you do have control over the imp. You can break free and try to force the entity out by closing the gate if you wish.

Wilhelm (Arandia, Minburg)

It takes some time to 'teach' the ants, which is not so much a process of education but rather overriding their existing genetic and biological directives. Drones are simple creatures, with little room for growth and change, and so Wilhelm turns to the now subordinate Queen. She was greater, more complex and using her as a directing authority for the ants would be a good way to make them not require constant direction.

It takes a good deal of time, most of the night in fact to teach the queen first about farming, and then about working together with the bees. But eventually in the morning Wilhelm falls asleep confident that both parties have in fact mastered these principles.

When he wakes up later in the evening he can see the ants and bees working together to finish planting in the fields. Wilhelm's only problem now, is that neither species are well suited to keeping the seeds watered. The ants have at least managed to get the idea of weeding and are efficient at it as they can deal with the weeds while they are still seeds.

Success, you have the start of insect based agriculture going.

Octagon (Taeless, Taelos)

Octagon walks around asking a few questions. Eventually after a few hours and asking several spiders he manages to figure out that the spider had meant the rich area of the city, which was where the spider he wanted was. Octagon had heard of collectors who had prized collections of dangerous creatures, so perhaps this spider belonged to one of those. It's pretty close to morning though by the time Octagon has finished his search, and he is beginning to tire.

Success, you figure out the spider is located in the rich part of the city and is probably part of a collection.

Eredeth (Eosia, Kiris)

The main problem is that you have trouble separating thoughts from words, when there are multiple conversations going on in the room. Your abilities add a lot more noise for your mind to filter and you just don't have the hang of it yet. Mostly all you gather is that people are still somewhat hungover from last night and there were some incidents of rowdy guards.

Daveron and Ilvis

Neither Daveron nor Ilvis' tasks are particularly difficult, although bother are unpleasant. Daveron is hardened to such realities and does not have the trouble holding down his stomach like Ilvis does, although later in the day he may find he has troubles for different reasons altogether.

The remaining bandit is little help as he runs off a bit and starts vomiting profusely. It's hard for Ilvis to hold her stomach, but the grim repetition and simplicity of the task allow her to focus on something else. Something to distract her from the casual brutality of Daveron. After an hour or so she is is done and truly exhausted. It is time to find some rest somewhere, the sweat and midday heat are starting to make your armour truly unpleasant.

Success on both actions. Daveron's free to wait around or to go off on his own whil Ilvis makes the grave.

Red (Val Aman, Somewhere)

Red walks through a door in a tree when Alice isn't looking and finds herself in a marvellous ballroom with a black and white tiled floor. Around here there are black and white men and ladies trying to dance, but they move in funny ways and cannot stand on the same squares. In the centre is a table where an older girl in blue is asking a lion for cake. The lion has surprisingly good table manners, certainly much better than the scarecrow that keeps on sending crows to peck at the dancers around the table while laughing at their discomfort. The tin-man at one point leans to the side so he can pour tea from a spout in his head. They wave cheerfully at you and wave you over.

"Oh you simply must stay. My name is Blue and the next course is rabbit!" The girl says with a wide smile. There weren't any dogs or wolves around here, but Red notices that there's a water bowl near the door.

Success...I think?

Lilian (Taeless, A cell somewhere)

Lillian awakes in a dimly lit room with slits at the side of the ceiling. There is an awful stench of faeces and blood mixed together, and the sounds of men shouting and grunting. She has little idea of how she got here and she at first thinks she's alone until a raspy female voice breaks her from her shock.

"Ah, ye awakened cutie. What'cha do to end up down here in the pit?"

Aldrain

There's a whispering around him that seems to come from the books and shelves. Its hard to make out at first, but eventually Aldrain manages to make some more out from it. Share us, Bring others, Let us be read...at least that's what he thinks he's hearing. But that would imply that the books are alive, and further more able to speak. Yet under all of that whispering there still lay a deeper presence, one that was slower and perhaps more profound than these floating surface awareness fragments.

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 20, 2012

Cacto
Jan 29, 2009
Edo Waters (Eosia, Eisos)

As Edo sits in his usual spot between the blacksmith's stall and little Mary's herb stall, his mind drifts back to that night four days ago. He'd done... something. He hadn't known what it was until after he'd done it, but it seemed he could do more than just heal people. He could change them.

It was troubling, to say the least, and as he smiled and chatted and healed his clients, a portion of his brain kept ticking over what that might mean. He wanted to practice, to know what he could do, but at the same time it wouldn't be right to take advantage of the people who came to him for healing - the last thing they needed was for Edo to make a mistake. Edo had an inkling that he'd been incredibly lucky with his failures thus far, and he thought back to his attempt to heal Tania with a shudder. What if he'd succeeded, but hadn't thought to fill the space left by her sickness? She could have bled to death without ever being cut.

The way he healed Davos also worried him. Somehow he had made Davos unable to get drunk. He'd hoped to cure, well, whatever it is that makes a man hurt someone weaker than himself. And by focusing on that, he'd healed drunkenness. What did that say about his abilities? About getting drunk, even?

Big questions for a young man to ponder in a public space, and ones he could never really entertain for more than a minute at a time - there were too many needing him. He had a job to do, and he'd keep doing it.

Action for this pass will be getting a little bit famous for healing people. Relevant qualities are Charming +2 to be the sort of person people want to talk about, and Divine Healing +2 because what he does clearly works.

Also Volmarias - I'm on IRC most nights Australian time, and some mornings (which will be nights US time I think).

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Kovar - Sellos

Hearing the strange voice, Kovar knew that coming to this town was the right move after-all. First he had found Adam, and know he had found what in all likelihood the force behind all the incidences surrounding the mountain of late. Looking down to his smaller companion, the general's hand still firmly on his shoulder to steady him before such a large crowd. "It appears that the source of the strange incidences and attacks against the other towns of the region has revealed itself. I'm not sure I like the look of it either, the light and the gasses are perhaps a bit too hearkening back to my homeland. This mountain wouldn't happen to be a volcano would it? Based on your feat in the mines earlier, I surmised that your power might have some connection to earth or stone, so is there anything you can tell me?"

I'm gonna say Mirn is volcanically active, what with being an island in an archipelago with a large mountain. And as someone famous for fighting on that mountain, Kovar knows a bit about volcanoes.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
Adam - With Kovar in Sellos (It was already named!)

He had stayed where he was, the sudden change in atmosphere bringing him out of his stupor, and he felt the earth underneath him move itself. The gas, the sky turning red, all had Adam suddenly on edge. But not as much as the voice that spoke - his face flushed in recognition, and he absently stroked his beard in thought.

"You did mention something like that before... and... and I don't know anything about there being a volcano, but I know that voice. That's Felwen. Tall guy. Super friendly. Had a thing with a girl back down in the city but her family didn't approve, so they moved up here.. like.. six years ago. He should be...."

Without so much as a word, he heads towards the mines, still talking.

"He... I don't get it. Did he change as well? Has be become like us... like me? I have to find him, see if he's alright!"

Action - Heading for the mines, see if I can't find him anywhere. If a roll is needed, none of my skills come into effect - too worried about Fel to be calm, not concerning myself for my Foible to come into effect either.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Andra (with Civar) (Arandia, woods north of Coltain)

"Then we don't take you to Coltain," Andra says with a shrug of her shoulders. Civar's words... well, they stung a bit, but they were true enough... still. Time for memories later.

"We take you to Harvan, or Fulkshire, or someplace else these merchants do business - someplace where your complaints will be heard without the bias of the people of Coltain getting in the way. Someplace where you can be heard on your own merits. Sound like a plan?"

One last shot at talking the lady down before Andra gets bored and just tries to KO her. heh. Using Charming as Hell [+4].

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Ilvis (Arandia, Woods South of Harvan)

"Ugh, you know what? That's it for today. I think we should just head back to town. You have any argument there?"

Biting back the bile in my throat I stand, trying my best not to turn away from the grisly task or vomit up all over the inside of my helmet. Looking at the surviving bandit on his knees as he retches into the freshly turned dirt I swallow dryly with the urge to do the same before pointing towards the laden horses imperiously.

"No? Well that's a plan then! Let's get a move on."

Hm... I think digging one mass grave per day is about one too many. Might be time to head on home and take a bath, have some lunch. Maybe instead of lunch just a drink of water. Back to town we go, double quick!god I hope we don't run into more people to kill in the woods I rather don't want to dig any more graves today

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Octagon - His Secret Lair, Taelos

Octagon decides it will need to wait until tomorrow. He's exhausted, and he'd rather be fresh for what needs doing. He returns to his lair to rest and revitalize. Tomorrow is a busy day. Er, night.

~time passes~

Bright and early, so to speak, Octagon sets out to the Rich District to determine just who owns those spiders!

Going to sleep until the next night!

THEN

Going to the Rich District! Espionage +4 (for asking questions!) and Discrete +4 (for showing discretion!) to ask around about who I might want to see if I wanted to see some truly amazing and deadly spiders.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Civar (and Andra) (Arandia, woods north of Coltain)

"Or if that doesn't suit you, you could travel with us for awhile. There's little enough to hold you here, now that you've got your revenge." I tick off the dead merchants as I count them out. "Mocking Mike, Little Jack, Tommy Five-Tones. Three merchants who cheated you, three dead merchants." All men I knew, not the nicest people, but still. Tommy had been a real bastard, but Little Jack had always been generous to me. He'd always been willing to share his fire or lend me a pound when I was down on my luck. For a moment, my gut rebelled and I had to fight back a nauseating wave of rage. It took me a moment to get myself back under control, and only my years of experience hiding how I felt about the local guard from them while paying their "tolls" kept my expression sincere and friendly. I was here to stop the attacks, not kill a wounded woman. Maybe the witch could still be saved. More than anyone, I knew what it was like to lose everyone close to you. How it could make you lose your mind.

"I'm headed Harvan way next, but wanderers like us are bound to end up anywhere you could want in a few seasons. It would give you a chance to see the world. Meet powerful people. People who can help you if you haven't had your fill of vengeance. And, of course, there are the Tia'cha. I'm friendly with several bands and any would be happy to have a woman of your talents join them. No one doubts that the Tia'cha women are free to do as they will and they have a deep respect for witches. You could be cherished and respected. Admired."

Assisting Andra in convincing the Witch to leave with us +6
Stage Magician +2 - play on her desire for vengeance and respect
Tinker +4 - dredging up memories of the dead merchants, other contacts she might be interested in

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

One last shot at talking the lady down before Andra gets bored and just tries to KO her. heh. Using Charming as Hell [+4].
Thank goodness, I was thinking about attacking her ages ago.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Stavos (Eisos)

Stavos absent-mindedly chews on his iguana-on-a-stick as he watches the strange new man appear to heal a sick young boy. "Curious," he mumbles to himself with his mouth full. His knowledge of the arts of healing implied preparation, provisioning, practice, prayer, procedure, patience. And, perhaps most interestingly for it's absence in this instance, payment. "Perhaps," Stavos says to no one in particular, specs of iguana gristle flitting out of his mouth, "perhaps this young man is like myself and Aldrain. Hmm."

Clearly, if there was even the chance of this young man being similar to himself, Stavos would have no choice but to sieze the opportunity to speak to him, trade information, and perhaps gain experimental data. Had this youth performed alchemy here? He had certainly appeared to transform a child from sick to well. Stavos knew of newer schools of thought that considered sickness to be more mundane than the disfavor of nature. Could it be that the malignant forces were transformed into a mute and harmless form, no longer able to drive an illness?

Even if the result were some simple form of trickery; a hidden poultice cleverly applied, or a drug administered unseen, or even a confidence game, Stavos could not take the chance that he could miss gathering data here. If this man were truly healing the ill, the Medicus were not always as altruistic as their nature implied. They zealously prosecuted frauds, and Stavos could not imagine that they would stand aside as inexpensive competition moved in. It might be safest for all were he to try to gain this young man's trust, and keep him off of the streets. It would not be as simple as with Aldrain, whose connection through the university gave them at least a small level of mutual acquaintance and respect.

Finishing his food, Stavos discretely asked around, using his coin to loosen tongues. He discovered that before the young man had been a healer, he had sold some carvings to middlemen. As luck would have it, one of those carvings was still present. It was a beautifully if roughly hewn wooden mermaid, a piece whose inner beauty and style could be seen at a glance. Amazed that it wasn't already snapped up among the other trinkets, Stavos purchased it from the merchant and held it within his hands. He hoped that the way to gain this young man's attention and interest would be to show him similar powers. Stavos stood in an empty overhang and pulled a small pouch of reagents from his pocket. He hid the figurine from view of the crowds, and focused.

Discretely asking around for information on Edo, and purchasing one of his figurines if it's still available. Transmuting the figurine to opal. Even a partial success should yield wood opal. My plan is to approach Edo with the figurine (in another update) to pique his interest.

Man of Means +2 to gather information and find one of his figurines for purchase.
Alchemy +4 and Transmutation +2 to transform the figurine into opal, or the next best possible thing. Alchemy applies as Stavos always carries a little pouch of reagents that he sometimes uses for seasoning his food. Cilantro is both an excellent transformative and a delightful herb!

Cacto, this week is going to be a little crazy, so I won't really be available on IRC. if there's a chance that we can do something via regular posting, that's going to be way easier for me, and I would like for our characters to at least briefly interact.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Kovar - Sellos

Kovar quickly follows the dwarf. "A resident of this town you say. Unexpected, but not impossible that two of you should be changed by the star-fall. This is quite the town indeed." Easily catching up with Adam, Kovar falls into a silent reverie. The mentioning of swallowing him up, the activity of the mountain, the happenings in the other town, and the revelation that this was likely a villager transformed as he and Adam had been. These disparate facts all tied in with the others seemed to indicate that a some level of control over stone, earth, or perhaps just this specific mountain was in play. Working upon that hypothesis, Kovar worked out the places where one such empowered would naturally go, turn his own prodigious gift to the task. After-all, deducing enemy movements and strengths was one of the cores of a general's arts.

Assisting DDwarf in his search:

Experienced General[+4] - Knowing where to find an enemy and to reason out their plans is the most basic skill a general can possess, without which all others are useless. So now Kovar turns that knowledge and skill to the task at hand.

Divine Strategy[+2] - His experience and his power mesh all too naturally, as the god-to-be ponders where his potential enemy might be located.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Degowin (The Frozen Wilds, outskirts of Northward)

Degowin felt strangely weary. It wasn’t that his mind was sluggish, nor was his body. A meal of sorts and a rest under a tree had taken care of his usual needs for rest, but using his magic for the bit of storm left him cautious to use more for the moment. A shiver ran down his spine, the first he had felt since the lights in the sky.

Degowin decided to chop firewood while he waited for the town’s inhabitants to check on the aftermath of the little storm. Maybe the hunters would recognize the Great Antlered one. Maybe they would still have his bow and his knives and his tools. Not that he really needed them anymore. It was the principle of the thing. They were his. But his thoughts began to fade as he got into the swing of chopping the wood.

“You can never have too much firewood.”

Chopping firewood while I wait for the village to come out.

Mortal Action using +4 Strongman to chop as much wood as I can.

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 21, 2012

Zombie #246
Apr 26, 2003

Murr rgghhh ahhrghhh fffff
Daveron

Daveron looks at Ilvis as he wipes the bandit gore onto his pants. "Yeah, let's get going."

Heading to town with Ilvis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Posting from my phone*

The last few days have been busy, I should have something up tomorrow, sorry about taking awhile.

• Locked thread