Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

DarkHamsterlord posted:

When does the quiz show unlock? I'm in July and I'm starting to get impatient waiting for it.

I believe the first episode is after the August dungeon, so not long!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

There's no trophy for getting all the quests right? Because a lot of them are just really annoying. Not gonna go back to every dungeon for some consumable rewards.

The new ones that are gardening related give you nice new weapons for not too much effort.

Gonna go for platinum on my second run unless it ends up being too annoying, main one is probably the risette one.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I keep seeing people complain about the Risette Fan trophy, but I got it when I wasn't even trying on my first playthough. Granted, I grind like a motherfucker in this game (I was level 95 before I finished Magatsu) and try to keep everyone at roughly the same level anyway, but still. Personally, I'm more concerned about the book one, because all my stats are already maxed and I'm going for all slinks in my second playthrough. I've already missed a few of the books too, so I won't be getting that until my 3rd game, at the earliest.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

There's no trophy for getting all the quests right? Because a lot of them are just really annoying. Not gonna go back to every dungeon for some consumable rewards.

The new ones that are gardening related give you nice new weapons for not too much effort.

Gonna go for platinum on my second run unless it ends up being too annoying, main one is probably the risette one.

No Quest trophy no, here are the hidden trophies that you are likely missing:

-Fuse Izanagi no Okami
-Beat Reaper
-Beat Margaret
-Visit Nanako 3 times while she is hospitalized

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax
Holy poo poo, end game spoilers.I was literally going to make a joke post about Adachi cheering you on in the True End by him saying 'you're going to die at the hands of a bitch!?!' and then it turned out that's what literally happened. Your friends stay there and cheer you on, Adachi goes a MRA rant while laughing at you. Awesome.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
:stare: Okay, I just fished up a bus stop sign at the beach. And it's a weapon.

Also caught the Sea Guardian on my first try, so that was nice. Admittedly, it was challenging because I don't have any fishing boosts.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Nondevor posted:

Also caught the Sea Guardian on my first try, so that was nice. Admittedly, it was challenging because I don't have any fishing boosts.

You fished up a what? What bait were you using? God they snuck a lot of hidden weapons into this game, I thought getting the bones at the river was obscure.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It even has a chance of inflicting Rage, if I remember correctly.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

Schubalts posted:

It even has a chance of inflicting Rage, if I remember correctly.

If i were hit by a bus stop sign, I'd be pretty enraged as well.

My only real complaint about this game so far is that there's just too many good things for my teammates to learn. Social links give your buddy additional skills and its just too hard to pick the 10 moves I want them to have. :negative:

TheLoser fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 14, 2012

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

TheLoser posted:

If i were hit by a bus stop sign, I'd be pretty enraged as well.

My only real complaint about this game so far is that there's just too many good things for my teammates to learn. Social links give your buddy additional skills and its just to hard to pick the 10 moves I want them to have. :negative:

Oh, I know! There are some awesome moves that I would have liked to keep on my party members, but other moves came up that I just couldn't pass up!

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Rasamune posted:

On the photobucket site, click "Show Albums and Stories" on the left, then "hiimdaisy", then "persona".

Thanks, I was looking for these comics before, and had no idea how to access them. I tried clicking "4 sub-albums" on the right, which you'd think would take you to the four sub-albums.

Now, it looks like the comics are all in the wrong order. Thanks Photobucket!

Hook
Jun 3, 2011

red knight

epenthesis posted:

Not ANYTIME. There are a few materials that are necessary to finish quests, a stupid hurdle I would have thought they'd have cut for Golden.

Make sure all of your quests are cleared before you sell, or else go through the materials item by item for the quest-related ones.

Aren't the quest-related materials categorized differently from weapons-creation materials, though? I always sold everything to Daidara after each visit. Quest items didn't seem to start dropping until after I'd accepted the related quest, and even then at the end of the game I was strapped for cash and manually went in and sold the extra 10 eternal lamps and poo poo I picked up ages back.

The only time I ran into trouble with selling stuff needed for quests were weapons that I had upgraded from and immediately sold (because seriously, who else besides Chie is going to need a pair of Hard Boots? Apparently a man who spends 80% of his life loitering outside a used book shop).

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hook posted:

Aren't the quest-related materials categorized differently from weapons-creation materials, though? I always sold everything to Daidara after each visit. Quest items didn't seem to start dropping until after I'd accepted the related quest, and even then at the end of the game I was strapped for cash and manually went in and sold the extra 10 eternal lamps and poo poo I picked up ages back.

The only time I ran into trouble with selling stuff needed for quests were weapons that I had upgraded from and immediately sold (because seriously, who else besides Chie is going to need a pair of Hard Boots? Apparently a man who spends 80% of his life loitering outside a used book shop).

That's the thing though. There are quests that specifically ask for weapons-creation materials, as marked by the same icon. I guess it's more convenient in that you can start collecting before accepting the quest and don't wind up with a bunch of 10 yen junk if you collect too much.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

There's definitely a few quests where the item they want is a crafting material.

I was thinking yesterday, do the dolls you can put on your shelf carry between playthroughs? I was going to collect them all but if they don't carry over I think I'll have to have another run to get them all. Only got Jack Frost so far and I'm in November.

Hook
Jun 3, 2011

red knight

Strange Quark posted:

That's the thing though. There are quests that specifically ask for weapons-creation materials, as marked by the same icon. I guess it's more convenient in that you can start collecting before accepting the quest and don't wind up with a bunch of 10 yen junk if you collect too much.

I see. I didn't complete every single quest, so I must have missed any that asked for components (or forgotten them along the way because, hey, a lot of things happened that were a bit more interesting than strangers thinking I look reliable enough to find them random garbage from another world).

I can see how that setup would work out if you played the game a specific way but yeah, needing to hang on to things the game specifically tells you to sell is a pretty bad choice.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nondevor posted:

Continuing on the proud tradition of Shinjiro.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
I'm in heaven, and it says I have to choose my words very carefully. Is this where it determines whether I get the good ending or not?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Duesenjaeger posted:

I'm in heaven, and it says I have to choose my words very carefully. Is this where it determines whether I get the good ending or not?

No, that will come in early December.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I fished up the same bus stop sign. It was before I really knew how to fish so I had no idea what I was getting.

krystal.lynn
Mar 8, 2007

Good n' Goomy
Hard mode, just south of 90 hours, True(st) Ending and every S.Link maxed.

(Final TV Listings Spoilers) Anyone know what loading your file does when you go to rewatch the summer epilogue?

Gonna let this cool off for a while. Next time, Very Hard mode and to collect the remaining 48% of trophies I missed.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm playing persona 4 on my ps2 emulator at the moment, and I'm at the fifth? or so dungeon, dungeon details:(naoto's dungeon, the secret lab) and I think it's great. I get burned out easily and don't have that much time to play games these days. Is it SO WORTH IT to get the ps vita version, that I should abandon my playthrough that I pick up about once a month and play for a couple of days? I've been on this playthrough for about a year.

edit: I've already got a vita.

redreader fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 14, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

redreader posted:

I'm playing persona 4 on my ps2 emulator at the moment, and I'm at the fifth? or so dungeon, dungeon details:(naoto's dungeon, the secret lab) and I think it's great. I get burned out easily and don't have that much time to play games these days. Is it SO WORTH IT to get the ps vita version, that I should abandon my playthrough that I pick up about once a month and play for a couple of days? I've been on this playthrough for about a year.

Well, it was so worth it to me. I would have never bought a Vita if not for this game, and aside from about 15 minutes of Katamari, I have only used it for this game. The game look a lot better, most of the added scenes are great, and best of all you can directly choose which skills transfer whenever you fuse a new persona. If you're on the fence about a Vita like I was, this game is totally worth picking one up.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

redreader posted:

Yes.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I played through the original about four months before getting Golden. The amount of content added is so insane that it makes the original seem incomplete in comparison.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Nondevor posted:

I fished up a gun.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
They have added so much to Golden that it's an entirely new experience. If you already have a Vita, I can't think of a single reason not to own this game. If you're worried about leveling up to what you currently are on PS2, there are tons of Golden Hands in P4:Golden that give tons and tons of EXP and yen when you win, making leveling up trivial if you want to play that way.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

Sankis posted:

I fished up a gun.

The Japanese coast is their equivalent to the Hudson, I guess.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Ok, thanks everyone. It's a PITA to get the emulator working properly anyway. I'll start playing this after I get it for christmas :)

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Yea. I completed P4 on PS2 several times and I bought a Vita specifically for P4:G. Now I have all of the Persona games on it. :allears:

PureRok fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Dec 14, 2012

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Sankis posted:

I fished up a gun.

How do you fish up stuff aside from fish? Is it just random chance or something?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

PureRok posted:

Yea. I completed P4 on PS2 several times and I bought a Vita specifically for P4:G. Now I have all of the Persona games on it. :allears:

I see no Eternal Punishment sir :colbert:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Pretty sure that's not available on PSN There it is. For some reason it doesn't show up when you sort for "Persona". Also, wasn't it considered non-canonical anyway?

Eh, I'll wait until the PSP rerelease to get it. I try to stay away from the PS1 SMT games because of their generally bad localization.

PureRok fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 14, 2012

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

PureRok posted:

Also, wasn't it considered non-canonical anyway?

Uh, no. IS and EP are two (large) halves of one whole.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

PureRok posted:

Pretty sure that's not available on PSN There it is. For some reason it doesn't show up when you sort for "Persona". Also, wasn't it considered non-canonical anyway?

Eh, I'll wait until the PSP rerelease to get it. I try to stay away from the PS1 SMT games because of their generally bad localization.

PS1 EP actually had an excellent localization. The only real flaws it has at all in that regard are where it half-heartedly stuck with character names from the original Persona mangling. Even then it did a pretty good patch job.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Persona 2 (both of them) is/are still more of a trpg right? One of the reasons I love 3 and 4 is that they are turn based, as trpgs drive me nuts. I really hated the PSP remake of Persona 1.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Boten Anna posted:

Persona 2 (both of them) is/are still more of a trpg right? One of the reasons I love 3 and 4 is that they are turn based, as trpgs drive me nuts. I really hated the PSP remake of Persona 1.

The grid in combat was only in P1; they took it out in P2. It's turn-based sort of in the vein of the wait style in Chrono Trigger. You can use combo attacks with your party members doing specific moves in specific orders and rearrange turn order (though the latter might have been removed from the PSP ports).

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Yukari posted:

How do you fish up stuff aside from fish? Is it just random chance or something?

I fished up that sign the first time I went to Shichiri Beach. I went on a stormy day, but I think it's just chance.

Someone should compile a list of what weapons are found by fishing, since I definitely didn't remember that in the PS2 version.

e: Teddie what are you doing in school, you're not supposed to be here

Nondevor fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 15, 2012

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

The grid in combat was only in P1; they took it out in P2. It's turn-based sort of in the vein of the wait style in Chrono Trigger. You can use combo attacks with your party members doing specific moves in specific orders and rearrange turn order (though the latter might have been removed from the PSP ports).

Ah, hmm. I'll definitely consider it after I finish P4 and the itch comes back, then!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Yeah, just keep in mind that they're very much early PSX RPGs, and they handle like games of that era. But if you can handle that then they're fine games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
On the other hand I grew up with Snes and PSX rpgs and after more than an hour of playing Innocent Sin I usually end up clawing at the walls in a vain attempt at escaping the horrible tedium everything associated with its gameplay brings, so buyer beware I guess.

• Locked thread