Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Keru posted:

It's only until christmas. You can hold out.

But I want to listen to it all the time, every of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Chairs
May 21, 2005

by Ralp

Jerry Cotton posted:

Well, I couldn't stand life without it any longer. Thanks to gbs.fm's music-hating elitist ways, I've been forced to actually purchase a track from Itunes Store.

Bliss.

I have a long story involving that track, worthy of an E/N thread. Get me drunk enough at the gbs-fm Christmas party and I might share it.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

A random Alice Cooper block is going right now

EDIT: Well poo poo, it's been ruined.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Bought a goon radio to listen to goon tunes

Keep the music coming.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
What is a good way to listen to this in Chrome (the extension in the op is dead), or keep it saved in Foobar?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

What is a good way to listen to this in Chrome (the extension in the op is dead), or keep it saved in Foobar?

Keeping it saved in foobar: Just create a playlist with the only purpose to hold the station URL.
Also configure any media library thing you might be using so it isn't as eager to overwrite playlists randomly.

beetlebus
Mar 17, 2009
Well I don't know what happened but I hosed something up, if someone could help that would be great. I uploaded Skid Row (Downtown) by Does It Have To Be Human and somehow the file ended up being half that song and half another?! Idk, delete and shoot me in the head while you're at it. I'll just go back to listening-lurking... :(

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

beetlebus posted:

Well I don't know what happened but I hosed something up, if someone could help that would be great. I uploaded Skid Row (Downtown) by Does It Have To Be Human and somehow the file ended up being half that song and half another?! Idk, delete and shoot me in the head while you're at it. I'll just go back to listening-lurking... :(
Songs getting corrupted that way has been an on-and-off problem for a while. There's a thread somewhere in the gbs-fm forums to link songs where that happens; you can also use the regular report dong button to get a mod to delete it.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

beetlebus posted:

That's a known station bug with recent uploads. I checked the file in the database and it's fine. Sometimes the station will skip to some other song like that. Maybe one day that'll get fixed...

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

beetlebus
Mar 17, 2009

Haifisch posted:

Songs getting corrupted that way has been an on-and-off problem for a while. There's a thread somewhere in the gbs-fm forums to link songs where that happens; you can also use the regular report dong button to get a mod to delete it.

Dominus Vobiscum posted:

That's a known station bug with recent uploads. I checked the file in the database and it's fine. Sometimes the station will skip to some other song like that. Maybe one day that'll get fixed...

Thanks for the help! I'll be sure to keep an ear out for others...

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Hey is this thing working? None of the streams seem to be going for me and I've looked a couple of pages into the past and nada.

It's been like a year and lord knows my life is better when goons pick my music.

EDIT: FIGURED IT OUT HOLD THAT SNAKE

bollig fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Oct 22, 2012

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Something about diseased fungi or something Idunno.

VonWigg
Sep 10, 2005

Day 2 of the diseased fungi extravaganza, we are running out of dongs to play. Send help!

(:getin: you guys)

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ma-rt-9-window-cam Stream with video from a camera pointed out my window in scenic Framingham, MA during Hurricane Sandy.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Nailed it: http://gbs.fm/song/116058

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
We've got a nice theme going on for Spook Day:

leebenningfield
Dec 11, 2004

This is Leviathan? This is your fucking guy?
Thanks, guys.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Anybody have a phone?

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Want to listen to the full Koyaanisqatsi by Philip Glass? Then you're in luck because it's just about to start!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I assume tomorrow being apocalypse day we'll be listening to end-of-the-world music all day. At least I hope so.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
That's a good idea! We need suggestions for end of the world music...

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

DaWolfey posted:

That's a good idea! We need suggestions for end of the world music...
Nothing but Government Alpha, all day long? :unsmigghh:

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang, but with a BZZZTRT WHWORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR CAAAAAAAAAAAAAWW DERZZTKY DERTKZ

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I am sorely tempted to play The Disintegration Loops.

Edit: I am a weak, weak man and a slave to my baser instincts.

Keru fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Dec 21, 2012

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
This is the longest playlist I've seen in quite some time. Non-stop apocalypse today.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Did someone ask for the Hobbit soundtrack to be added in a big block? No? Too bad, you're getting it anyway.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Did someone ask for the Jedward discography to be added in a big block? No? Too bad, you're getting it anyway.

:stare: :unsmigghh: :getin:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Nihiliste posted:

This is the longest playlist I've seen in quite some time. Non-stop apocalypse today.

It was quite impressive indeed.

Thanks for giving me 24/7 genre whiplash in 2012 guys! :love:

(still haven't been able to put GBS-FM on the office radio system for more than 3 songs before someone went 'what the gently caress IS THIS')

[edit]
holy poo poo new forums :supaburn:

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jan 2, 2013

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Hope you enjoyed Horse-FM this evening!

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
We are currently down with an issue related to the music volume being inaccessible. We'll be back soon!

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

DaWolfey posted:

We are currently down with an issue related to the music volume being inaccessible. We'll be back soon!

This is acceptable, as I need to locate a decent way to listen to this at work. Maybe WinAmp, does it still kick the llama's rear end?

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
Winamp is what I use. Foobar is popular too.

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
Station's up again! :toot:

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

Default Settings posted:

Station's up again! :toot:
Edit: I am an idiot and cannot follow directions in the OP. Please make fun of me.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Why does it constantly pause itself? I have to restart the playlist around once every ten minutes.

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
Stream is outright broken again. Any idea when it might be back?

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
We're down for scheduled maintenance. We won't be back for at least 24, possibly 48 hours.

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
But it's not January 17th yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
That's the gbs-fm way of scheduling!

• Locked thread