Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So it's a little like the old JLI/JLE days when the "other" members of the Justice League got to continue their adventures on a somewhat more mundane level than the over the top antics of the big time heroes like Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

One Justice League and one JLA. The setup appears to be that the JLA is being set up by the US government in response to growing Justice League independence.

So the US government has vetted Selina loving Kyle and has decided she's "good enough" to be on an organized superteam that isn't the Suicide Squad?

:psyduck:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Suben posted:

Got this from /co/, for JLA #1:

In a similar vein:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Jerusalem posted:

So it's a little like the old JLI/JLE days when the "other" members of the Justice League got to continue their adventures on a somewhat more mundane level than the over the top antics of the big time heroes like Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern etc?

Well, we don't know yet; the first issue hasn't come out. Promo art has shown the two Leagues duking it out, though, so I suspect the JLA is being positioned in a more adversarial role to the JL.

404GoonNotFound posted:

So the US government has vetted Selina loving Kyle and has decided she's "good enough" to be on an organized superteam that isn't the Suicide Squad?

:psyduck:

See above. If your superteam is designed to disrupt/oppose/confuse/gently caress with the Justice League, Catwoman's a reasonable choice; she's got a better chance of getting under Batman's skin than any other non-psychopath on the planet, right?

(I didn't say it was a good choice, just a reasonable one)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
That loving Green Lantern outfit is ridiculous. I'm assuming is Stewart.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

KungFu Grip posted:

That loving Green Lantern outfit is ridiculous. I'm assuming is Stewart.

Nope. It's the new guy who is totally not a terrorist okay?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Gavok posted:

Nope. It's the new guy who is totally not a terrorist okay?

I just choose to ignore his origin and believe that he's a mexican wrestler who just won the championship belt after defeating his arch-nemesis Profesor Miedo, the most evil of all rudos.

In my world the White Lanterns are led by El Santo.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
I want to live in that world. Especially if means that Delirious is the new Batman.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

404GoonNotFound posted:

I want to live in that world. Especially if means that Delirious is the new Batman.

El Generico as Mexican Batman :colbert:

Joker: Zoo Enthusiast.

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

This is my favorite out of the ones I've seen so far.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Jerusalem posted:

El Generico as Mexican Batman :colbert:

No way, Abismo Negro is Batman.
I can't believe we're even having this conversation.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Mil Mascaras is Clayface.

Djolly
May 4, 2011

war. on drugs.

ManiacClown posted:

Mil Mascaras is Clayface.

Hahaha, this is awesome. Booster Gold is Huracan Ramirez, or at least the second generation one.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Ultramantis Black as Condiment King. He has the gravitas to pull it off.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Wait, I'm confused. Does this mean La Parka is Guy Gardner or Booster Gold? Man, my notes are all kinds of messed up.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I think we're missing the most important question: In the world of Lucha-DC, who and what is Bane?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mr. Maltose posted:

I think we're missing the most important question: In the world of Lucha-DC, who and what is Bane?

El Dandy. Who are you to doubt him?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Mr. Maltose posted:

Does El Asso Wipo count? After all, he will break your back like so, with his knee.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
Exiles #60

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn fantastic.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Finally, the Marvel vs. Capcom comic I've been dying for!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Octavius, downloading all of Peter Parker's memories might be hazardous to your health.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

TwoPair posted:

Octavius, downloading all of Peter Parker's memories might be hazardous to your health.

Wait until he gets to the memories of Skip!

The art in Indestructible Hulk gave me Aqua Teen flashbacks.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Gavok posted:

Wait until he gets to the memories of Skip!

The art in Indestructible Hulk gave me Aqua Teen flashbacks.

Hulk is the only one who noticed, and he is not happy about it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It looks more like she's crapping out fireballs then throwing them at people.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Oh my god, I turned my rear end into a Hand Grenade!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

^^^ One of my favorite One Million DC / Hitman issues

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
He just wants his drat ice cream bars.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

CapnAndy posted:

He just wants his drat ice cream bars.

Holy poo poo.

Look in his eye. What do you see? Brotherhood of Personality.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That is amazing, CapnAndy.

And even now, after that speech, Wolverine is still getting top billing and the main event spot :mad:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

That is amazing, CapnAndy.

And even now, after that speech, Wolverine is still getting top billing and the main event spot :mad:

Cyclops was never the draw, Wolverine was always the money.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

LordPants posted:

Cyclops was never the draw, Wolverine was always the money.

Yeah, well, Cyclops got to sleep with that Phoenix lady, so he wins.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I can't wait for the next few months of pointless feuding over who gets to be called "Best At What They Do" followed by old X-Men showing up to berate Cyclops.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Waterhaul posted:

I can't wait for the next few months of pointless feuding over who gets to be called "Best At What They Do" followed by old X-Men showing up to berate Cyclops.
Whatever, you just know it's gonna end in Wolverine getting six title shots in a row while all the other top-tier X-Men remain either bafflingly silent on the issue or inexplicably push for Wolverine to get another shot even over themselves.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
And then the entire thing gets used as an excuse to give Colossus' green rear end a monster push with his new Juggernaut gimmick :jerkbag:

Munchface
May 19, 2006
The price of getting what you want, is getting what once you wanted.

Man, I remember this being a lot funnier in the old DCU.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

With all the new mutants suddenly appearing, this is bound to happen

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Vincent posted:

With all the new mutants suddenly appearing, this is bound to happen

Is it weird that this looks like itcould be an outake of The Shining?

Also this....

TwoPair posted:

would have made last week's issue so much better.

Facepalm Ranger fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Nov 27, 2012

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I can't believe nobody's ruined this moment yet. Probably 'cause it's such an easy shot to take, I guess.

f

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Hah, loved it.

Just curious, what does he actually say?

• Locked thread