Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Slimchandi posted:

My 5 month old Brother 2270 has just started bleating about low toner. I've always used brand cartridges for inkjets in the past, but it is worth buying compatible toner cartridge for the laser? Or can I even refill the cartridge I have?

A brand cartridge will be £50 and a compatible is ~£25 - 30, so the saving is pretty sizable if there's no difference in quality/quantity of printing.

I'm in this situation too. I plan to buy the real brother toner because the reviews for "comparable" cartridges are really inconsistent, with lots of complaints that they were junk, leaky, empty, or just didn't work. On Amazon most of the complaints for the legit cartridge are that they didn't get what they ordered, they thought they were buying the real thing and then got an over-priced compatible instead. There are a few complaints of genuine cartridges running out too fast, but not half the problems as the reviews for compatibles.

The cartridges seem pricey, but if you look at the price per page name brand toner is way cheaper than any inkjet ink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
My first cart for the 2270DW was from Brother because the printer was new enough that there weren't any good refilled ones up on Amazon yet. Now I just say gently caress it and buy Brother anyway because they're only $50 and I know I'll get something good.

And gently caress, I've had that printer for 10 months and I'm putting a third toner in it sometimes this week. The wife sure prints a lot.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

FISHMANPET posted:

My first cart for the 2270DW was from Brother because the printer was new enough that there weren't any good refilled ones up on Amazon yet. Now I just say gently caress it and buy Brother anyway because they're only $50 and I know I'll get something good.

And gently caress, I've had that printer for 10 months and I'm putting a third toner in it sometimes this week. The wife sure prints a lot.

:stare: I'm still working through the 'starter cartridge', 4,000 duplex pages later.

Is your home decorated with jumbo, rasterized-stitched art?

echo465
Jun 3, 2007
I like ice cream

Angela Christine posted:

I'm in this situation too. I plan to buy the real brother toner because the reviews for "comparable" cartridges are really inconsistent, with lots of complaints that they were junk, leaky, empty, or just didn't work. On Amazon most of the complaints for the legit cartridge are that they didn't get what they ordered, they thought they were buying the real thing and then got an over-priced compatible instead. There are a few complaints of genuine cartridges running out too fast, but not half the problems as the reviews for compatibles.

The cartridges seem pricey, but if you look at the price per page name brand toner is way cheaper than any inkjet ink.

A 90g toner refill is under $5 shipped on ebay.

dox
Mar 4, 2006
I have a client who needs a printer. Usually I'd just saw buy a Brother HL-2270DW and be done with it, but this user explicitly needs to use color printing and scanning a good amount. I'm thinking about picking up the Brother MFC-J825DW, is there anything I should be aware of? Seems like a solid buy (being a Brother printer and all), but I just wanted to check with the knowledgeable goons.

Cpt.Wacky
Apr 17, 2005
Well, it's an inkjet. I don't have experience with Brother's inkjets but most anything else in that $150 range is going to be a terrible piece of crap. If they are really going to do a lot of color printing (and it's not photos) then a color laser is a much better choice in the long run.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Be aware that a low end colour laser is a ticket to very expensive toner pricing with a low page yield. If it's going to be used to print a lot so the print heads don't dry out then an inkjet aimed at the small office isn't a terrible choice - I've always been happy with the HP Officejets, they seem to be fairly reliable and the driver packs are free from poo poo.

Edit: With that said, the general rule should still be gently caress inkjet where possible.

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Dec 18, 2012

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
I have a nice Brother MFC laser for my home office, and I'd like to complement it with a "good" inkjet for printing color photos. I'll probably only be printing one or two color photos per week, so print head clogging is a concern. I want to keep the cost under $200.

I've read some good things about the Canon Pixma series, and I'm wondering if something like the new Pixma iP7220 would be a good buy or if I should just get a $35 shitbox like this (which has the highest Newegg rating among inkjets by far for some reason) and plan on buying a new one in 6 months. I read some good things about the Pixma series earlier in the thread. Anyone else have any experiences or other suggestions?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

How can I (easily) get scans sent directly to a computer on my network from an AIO? I have an older Borther AIO and to scan to a PC I need to put the document on it, go to the PC I'm using, and then scan in the document from Adobe Acrobat Pro.

I've seen several commerical solutions where the AIO will just send an email to an email address with the scanned file as an attachment.

Is there a version of that for home use (i.e. not thousands of dollars)?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Mr. Apollo posted:

How can I (easily) get scans sent directly to a computer on my network from an AIO? I have an older Borther AIO and to scan to a PC I need to put the document on it, go to the PC I'm using, and then scan in the document from Adobe Acrobat Pro.

I've seen several commerical solutions where the AIO will just send an email to an email address with the scanned file as an attachment.

Is there a version of that for home use (i.e. not thousands of dollars)?

It's something your AIO has to support. My wireless HP AIO can scan to network folders and it cost like $200.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Thermopyle posted:

It's something your AIO has to support. My wireless HP AIO can scan to network folders and it cost like $200.
Wow, thanks. :D It turns out my Brother AIO actually supports this and I didn't even realize it.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
I have a frustrating problem with my Canon all-in-one laser MF4350D.

On random printed pages, random lines of text will either be squashed or stretched. I've already ruled out the ADF and paper tray feeders, and I get the same problems from copying papers and printing from the PC. I already ran the cleaning function, but the random distortion still occurs.

The drum/toner is this one. Could it be this thing failing on me, or is it something else in the printer causing the distortion? Is this something I could fix?

I searched the internet, but all I got were results for cleaning the ADF, which isn't the problem.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Is it truly random? Or does it repeat at a specific interval? Try printing a page full of 40% grey. What does that look like?

If it is truly random, it could be that something in the drive system is slipping. It could be the paper drive, or the photoreceptor drive. It could also be the paper is really slick.

If it has a specific interval, it could be that something is out of round, or off center. That will cause relative speed ups and slow downs in the imaging system, and cause a defect like you described.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

canyoneer posted:

:stare: I'm still working through the 'starter cartridge', 4,000 duplex pages later.

Is your home decorated with jumbo, rasterized-stitched art?

married_to_a_woman_working_on_her_phd.pdf

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Guy Axlerod posted:

Is it truly random? Or does it repeat at a specific interval? Try printing a page full of 40% grey. What does that look like?

If it is truly random, it could be that something in the drive system is slipping. It could be the paper drive, or the photoreceptor drive. It could also be the paper is really slick.

If it has a specific interval, it could be that something is out of round, or off center. That will cause relative speed ups and slow downs in the imaging system, and cause a defect like you described.

Truly random. I printed out pages filled with text top to bottom to see if there was a pattern and there was none. Some pages came out without problems, some had slight distortion by like a few millimeters, and some had severe distortion, like a line of text crushed into what looked like _____ and another line of text stretched to double size.

I'll try the 40% grey pages a bit later. I'll check those rollers as well.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jan 9, 2013

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Rollers looks okay and I didn't see any missing teeth in the gears.

After putting in the toner, the all-in-one complained that it was out of toner :wtf: I pulled it out and put it back in and it started fine.

I printed out 40% grey and I got this:

:sigh:
I really hope this is all just a bum toner cartridge and not something more severe.

a few minutes later:
I printed out a few more page and it's looking better, but not 100%:

another update:
4 straight copies of a manual cover: no distortion and no color problems.

Looking up more info on laser printers, the photoreceptor is the green drum in the toner cartridge, right? If I were to expose that part to light, would that cause these problems? :sweatdrop:

Screw it, I'm buying a new toner cartridge.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jan 10, 2013

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I work for a small business that designs in photoshop and prints out a new catalog every year. We also make changes to it as the year progresses and new products come out. We need a printer that has more colors than a normal inkjet and does well with glossy paper. The budget is 300$-500$. I've been looking at different inkjets and it's ridiculously hard to find current reviews/recommendations.

I'm looking at http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&sku=C11CB53201

Can anyone help?

I do not know anything about printers.

Cpt.Wacky
Apr 17, 2005

Yechezkel posted:

Looking up more info on laser printers, the photoreceptor is the green drum in the toner cartridge, right? If I were to expose that part to light, would that cause these problems? :sweatdrop:

Screw it, I'm buying a new toner cartridge.

Drum, photoconductor, photoreceptor. They're all the same thing. Sometimes green, sometimes blue. Exposing to light isn't good but it's not as sensitive as something like undeveloped film where one second of light ruins it forever. Leaving it out on your desk for a day might cause the exposed section to be less sensitive.

Replacing the toner cart is usually a good troubleshooting step, especially if you were using a generic/refilled cart.

Wachepti posted:

I work for a small business that designs in photoshop and prints out a new catalog every year. We also make changes to it as the year progresses and new products come out. We need a printer that has more colors than a normal inkjet and does well with glossy paper. The budget is 300$-500$. I've been looking at different inkjets and it's ridiculously hard to find current reviews/recommendations.

I'm looking at http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&sku=C11CB53201

Can anyone help?

What do you mean more colors than a normal inkjet? Are you doing CMYK proofs or something?

How many catalogs are you printing? More than a few and you're probably better off working with a local print shop or an online shop.

SopWATh
Jun 1, 2000
I am planning to replace a number of large business copiers. We have a lease agreement with a Xerox contractor, but my predecessor seemed to miss the point of a contract because we're so far away from a major city (1.5 hours outside of Denver) the "local" service contractor won't provide anything other than repairs so we're saddled with daily maintenance. I'd like to get rid of our 7556 printers and replace them with color Qube 9000 series machines. Even the in-building techs can't mess up plugging in a giant crayon, but I'm curious about all the other general maintenance stuff related to the machines. I can't find much for specifics on their website, but do the color Qubes need anything like the type of day-to-day maintenance that normal large laser copiers need? By that I mean, beyond the actual color cube things, do they need to have a waste container emptied, do they have any type of transfer rollers and the like?

We're way over the recommended usage, but a school district can't really afford to have enough copiers to keep us below the 30k recommended maximum page/month. I'm sending the inter-office tech around and he has to add toner and replace waste toner containers on a weekly basis for 11 machines. It's a good excuse to get him to do his rounds, but I'd like him to work on something more productive.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
The solid-ink machines have a waste container, but it shouldn't be as messy as a toner waste bottle. It's like an ice cube tray, you twist it, dump out the chunks, and put the tray back in the printer. There is also what they call the cleaning unit, it gets replaced periodically.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Wachepti posted:

Can anyone help?

That's a large format printer, do you need that? The Artisan 50 is $100 cheaper, but holy hell those are still cheap. You want the nicer Stylus line, that has 8 or 9 colors of ink rather than the 6 in the Artisan line. I can't speak to any of those Stylus models, but my advice would be to stick with Espon. Just looking at the site, the R2280 or the R3000 seem to be the newer models, whereas the R2000 is the older model.

And holy hell the R2880 and R3000, as well as the Stylus Pro have 3 blacks! Black, Light Black, and Light Light Black.

SopWATh posted:

I am planning to replace a number of large business copiers. We have a lease agreement with a Xerox contractor, but my predecessor seemed to miss the point of a contract because we're so far away from a major city (1.5 hours outside of Denver) the "local" service contractor won't provide anything other than repairs so we're saddled with daily maintenance. I'd like to get rid of our 7556 printers and replace them with color Qube 9000 series machines. Even the in-building techs can't mess up plugging in a giant crayon, but I'm curious about all the other general maintenance stuff related to the machines. I can't find much for specifics on their website, but do the color Qubes need anything like the type of day-to-day maintenance that normal large laser copiers need? By that I mean, beyond the actual color cube things, do they need to have a waste container emptied, do they have any type of transfer rollers and the like?

We're way over the recommended usage, but a school district can't really afford to have enough copiers to keep us below the 30k recommended maximum page/month. I'm sending the inter-office tech around and he has to add toner and replace waste toner containers on a weekly basis for 11 machines. It's a good excuse to get him to do his rounds, but I'd like him to work on something more productive.

Oh how wrong you are. Different models use different cubes. If they're always going to be the same model you're fine in that regard, but if you have multiple models, you'll rue the day you have to clean up after someone putting the wrong crayon on.

The ink blocks are specially shaped to only fit in the appropriate printer, but since it's crayon, if you force and rub the block into the printer it might eventually fit in, but you'll have a pile of crayon shavings inside what is basically a giant oven. I rue the day I had to get a coworker to help me turn a color printer upside down and shake it like a stereotypical schoolyard bully fleecing the nerd for his lunch money to get the wrong ink block out. Because the ink block didn't work.

Also, if the printer gets turned off, it dumps all the hot wax is has currently stored into the wastebin, so they can be pretty expensive. I think there's a lot of "studies" on cost per page of color laser vs solid ink, but I suspect most of it is FUD, or it was when I looked a few years ago.

There's also the quality of the print to worry about. The quality itself is fine, but it's still basically crayon, so if you scrape it with you're nail it will rub off a little like crayon.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

FISHMANPET posted:

There's also the quality of the print to worry about. The quality itself is fine, but it's still basically crayon, so if you scrape it with you're nail it will rub off a little like crayon.

1) Who scratches printouts on purpose?

2) When I had one Tektronix Phaser in the store ~12 years ago, you really could only do damage to a page that just came out of the machine.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

thebigcow posted:

That's how you turn e.g. 62,000 into 2,000 and commit fraud.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

thebigcow posted:

2) When I had one Tektronix Phaser in the store ~12 years ago, you really could only do damage to a page that just came out of the machine.

We had some full page solid color printouts about 5 years ago, and you could scratch those.

As to why, well, users are idiots I guess. Nothing surprises me anymore. I'm pretty sure we've switched to Xerox Color Laser at work, but I have no idea why. Hell, knowing the decision making that goes into anything we do, that may be an endorsement of solid ink printers :v:

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hopefully last update:

I put in a new toner cartridge, and after printing out 15 pages just to make sure, I have no more distortion problems. :woop:

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

SopWATh posted:

Copiers(decent sized MFD's) do NOT need daily maintenance. Since you said you have the recommended max page volume a month at 30k and you are going over it, you simply have the wrong machine.(or a horrible technician)
I work with Ricohs for example and say you had a MPC3502. Decent mid volume printer, max monthly volume is 20k. If my customer had a bunch of these and was massively over that volume, then they should have bought a MPC6501(normal volume 20-30k a month, max 150k). You would see service calls on a monthly basis at worst.
Also, most schools are poorly served with 100% color machines. The best bet is in large schools you put in a large B/W(90 cpm or so) and a medium color machine. A smaller school could take a medium large(60 cpm) B/W machine and a medium color machine. It would be cheaper and more reliable.
(I was a copier service tech in the past and now mostly work on VoIP systems and network calls)

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

I need a bare-bones printer for doing B&W text printing and scanning, as well. Am I just throwing away my money if I buy this: http://www.target.com/p/hp-deskjet-1055-inkjet-all-in-one-multifunction-printer-copier-scanner-j410e/-/A-12763402#prodSlot=medium_1_1

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

IuniusBrutus posted:

I need a bare-bones printer for doing B&W text printing and scanning, as well. Am I just throwing away my money if I buy this: http://www.target.com/p/hp-deskjet-1055-inkjet-all-in-one-multifunction-printer-copier-scanner-j410e/-/A-12763402#prodSlot=medium_1_1

I don't even have to click the link, it says Deskjet in the title, so yes.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

FISHMANPET posted:

I don't even have to click the link, it says Deskjet in the title, so yes.

What's a good suggestion then? Or am I pretty much screwed at the sub-$100 price point?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

IuniusBrutus posted:

What's a good suggestion then? Or am I pretty much screwed at the sub-$100 price point?

The low end brother laser printers like the 2230 routinely go on sale under $100 now.

http://www.target.com/p/brother-hl-2230-black-and-white-monochrome-laser-printer-black/-/A-13996520#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=brother laser printer
http://www.amazon.com/Brother-HL2230-Monochrome-Laser-Printer/dp/B004H1PB9I/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1358130536&sr=8-6&keywords=brother+laser
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_i=507846

Those won't do scanning though. If you can wait for a sale, I've occasionally seen the 2280 and 7065 go on sale under a hundred bux.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QM8J8S
http://www.amazon.com/Brother-Printer-DCP7065DN-Monochrome-Multi-Function/dp/B004ULP9QA

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Cpt.Wacky posted:

Put some tape over the little round windows on each end and it should keep printing until it runs out of toner. When it starts to fade just take it out and give a little shake and it should be good for another 50 pages. You can do that a few times.

You can probably refill it but I've never bothered with Brother since they're so cheap and my time at work and home is more valuable. Generic carts can vary a lot in quality. Sometimes they won't work at all because the gears are worn down or broken or they leak toner everywhere. Typically the drum is not as good as a new one and you may not get as good of a range of grays and everything is really really dark, or you get ghosting. If the cost saving is really that much for you then go for it as long as you can exchange it if you get a defective cart.

Why not just press the go button 7 times in a row to put the machine in continue mode, it will keep printing until you decide to change the toner. Keep in mind that the print quality is not assure(toner leaking, feint print).

Cpt.Wacky
Apr 17, 2005

Bleusilences posted:

Why not just press the go button 7 times in a row to put the machine in continue mode, it will keep printing until you decide to change the toner. Keep in mind that the print quality is not assure(toner leaking, feint print).

Does that work consistently across all models? I know on the networked versions we go in and turn on continue mode through the web interface.

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

My dad's business needs a new color multi-function printer for low volume color printing and scanning. We are talking about less then 1000 pages a month printing. Max budget is 300 or so because my dad hates crap that breaks. What would people here recommend?

:edit: Wired networking is required and ideally he would like it to be able to scan to a folder on his server.

karthun fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 16, 2013

HUG ME FOREVER
Dec 6, 2006

Gay for TF2! :love:

Hey guys. I'm pretty drat sick of being on the HP photosmart scamtrain. Looking to get a new printer that is hopefully all off the following:

- $200 max
- Wireless Networking
- Prints color, but only requires one color cartridge

Additional capabilities are optional. I'd rather pay less and have a cheap printer that is also cheap to buy more ink for. Any suggestions anyone has are greatly appreciated. I'm not too familiar with the dependability of brands these days.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Is colour printing mandatory for your workload?

Muslim Wookie
Jul 6, 2005
Looking for a new MFP for an office with the following features:

* Automatic Duplex
* Colour
* Laser
* Scanner with an automatic feeder
* Large paper capacity (an extra 500 feeder tray would do)
* Fax

A3 printing would be a nice to have but can live without.

We print maybe 1000-2000 pages a month.

The key issue is we print a lot of large diagrams from Visio and many, many large and complicated PDFs. We need these types of documents to print flawlessly, not clicking print, wait 20 minutes, page one of the Visio prints, 20 minutes later, page two prints, etc.

Budget is up to $5000, but around the $3000 mark would be preferred.

My search started me looking at a Samsung CLX-3305FW but I feel this may be too underpowered for our office, and I've also looked at Colour Multifunction CLX-9352NA but really can't find much info about it. We don't have any brand loyalty, just whatever will work with preferably reasonable consumables costs. Recommendations?

HUG ME FOREVER
Dec 6, 2006

Gay for TF2! :love:

Steakandchips posted:

Is colour printing mandatory for your workload?

Unfortunately, yes. Much of the printing will be art or photography examples for a K-8 art curriculum.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Muslim Wookie posted:

Looking for a new MFP for an office with the following features:

* Automatic Duplex
* Colour
* Laser
* Scanner with an automatic feeder
* Large paper capacity (an extra 500 feeder tray would do)
* Fax

A3 printing would be a nice to have but can live without.

We print maybe 1000-2000 pages a month.

The key issue is we print a lot of large diagrams from Visio and many, many large and complicated PDFs. We need these types of documents to print flawlessly, not clicking print, wait 20 minutes, page one of the Visio prints, 20 minutes later, page two prints, etc.

Budget is up to $5000, but around the $3000 mark would be preferred.

My search started me looking at a Samsung CLX-3305FW but I feel this may be too underpowered for our office, and I've also looked at Colour Multifunction CLX-9352NA but really can't find much info about it. We don't have any brand loyalty, just whatever will work with preferably reasonable consumables costs. Recommendations?

Are you looking for something that you can service yourself? If not, the (Ricoh)MPC2551 is a solid machine that should work perfectly, but is the sort of machine where a tech will likely need to rebuild parts.
It is at the upper end of your budget range though. If you would like to sacrifice A3, the MPC305 is cheaper(but has even less paper capacity)

Mrit fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 21, 2013

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

HUG ME FOREVER posted:

Unfortunately, yes. Much of the printing will be art or photography examples for a K-8 art curriculum.

You need to get yourself setup with the world of Continuous Ink Systems. They are a godsend for printing color and since you have that as a requirement, a decent color printer with a CIS will kick all kinds of rear end over a dumb old HP and its scammy cartridges.

My personal experience has been with an Epson Stylus Photo R280 for years. I put a continuous ink system on there because I didn't want to pay the cartridge tax. Print print print print forever and ever. It's soooo gorgeous. You'll be able to spam out endless sheets of your little kid drawings just like in those Microsoft ads!

Oh and it does photo printing like a champ. I wish I could just rebuy this printer forever because it's so drat good but I assume that models later in the series are still doing a good job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muslim Wookie
Jul 6, 2005

Mrit posted:

Are you looking for something that you can service yourself? If not, the (Ricoh)MPC2551 is a solid machine that should work perfectly, but is the sort of machine where a tech will likely need to rebuild parts.
It is at the upper end of your budget range though. If you would like to sacrifice A3, the MPC305 is cheaper(but has even less paper capacity)

Thanks for the suggestion. The A4 version of that printer doesn't appear to come with network capability, I guess I should have mentioned that.

The A3 version comes with gbit ethernet as an optional extra, so it's in my bad books already - in what other areas are we going to get nickel and dimed? I'll have a look through some reviews though, appreciate the help.

• Locked thread