Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I always used Kanji for that fight. Plan out what turn you're going to destroy the barrier on, then skip the AOA and hit him with a Power Charged Cruel Attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Use both for that fight. Yukiko's the best damage dealer in that fight aside from the MC and Teddie has Mediarama and Energy shower which Yukiko doesn't have.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
You probably got some magatamas in chests on the way to that boss too. Use them. 150 points of damage to the boss just for an item? Awesome.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Raaarrgh. In the Adachi dungeon, there's a condition where you have to get through one floor without fighting any shadows. Okay, fine. But I opened up a chest and there was a shadow in it and I got kicked out! Arg!

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Speedball posted:

Raaarrgh. In the Adachi dungeon, there's a condition where you have to get through one floor without fighting any shadows. Okay, fine. But I opened up a chest and there was a shadow in it and I got kicked out! Arg!

Ahaha, I knew I was right not to open it! Hella suspicious

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy
Did anyone figure out if you can fight all the optional bosses in NG+ if you jack up the exp/cash gains?

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Hooray I won. Grinding black frost up a level for the next level fire attack made all the difference in the world. It still got a little hairy towards the end but I had enough soul snuffs and revial beads it wasn't a problem.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Man, that garden is a Godsend for Sp problems. Already have 11 tiny soul tomatoes after a week, now that I've finished Kanji's dungeon. I can ease up on hoarding Soda and SP stuff from chests.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Speedball posted:

Nothing is worse than chasing a Golden Hand down a corridor with a chest, and inadvertently opening the chest and encountering a shadow while the Golden Hand lies sprawled out on the ground.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh wow, Yosuke's ghost story on the skiing trip is the Fuuka introduction bit from P3.

Hahaha, this is the best, I'm talking about the Velvet Room for mine.

Oh no, Teddie! :ohdear:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

HitmanAndQuitIt posted:

Did anyone figure out if you can fight all the optional bosses in NG+ if you jack up the exp/cash gains?

I fought Margaret with small damage received/great damage dealt and retry battles turned on with no problems. I'm guessing setting the difficulty to Very Easy won't lock you out of anything.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Awww yeah Yoshitsune. I got particular satisfaction from beefing up his Null/Repel defenses this time around for everything except for Ice; it's a lot easier to bounce skills around now after all. Somehow got Arms Master too. Can't wait to meet the reaper again.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Is Heat Riser a skill only available to two Persona's in their naturally learned skills?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

~*Girlfriend*~ spoilers:

If you choose Marie you still can't take her to any of the Christmas/January/Valentines events, although an event will occur naturally on Valentine's anyway (it happens after whoever else you chose)

I was bummed because I had to take the Drama girl everywhere

Nate RFB posted:

Awww yeah Yoshitsune. I got particular satisfaction from beefing up his Null/Repel defenses this time around for everything except for Ice; it's a lot easier to bounce skills around now after all. Somehow got Arms Master too. Can't wait to meet the reaper again.

I never got Hassou Tobi in original P4, the Emperor cards make it so much easier in this one and it's stupid how good that is. He has Power Charge, auto-mataru, Arms Master, Hassou Tobi and even phys resist guys die in a hit.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
Hahaha, I love that they added (January spoilers) Teddie as your housemate to take Nanako's place. He's just as excited to see you!

E: And he helps you cook :3:

DeathBySpoon fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Dec 19, 2012

Redix
Apr 28, 2010

JackDarko posted:

Is Heat Riser a skill only available to two Persona's in their naturally learned skills?

Yes, and it's non-inheritable, but you can get the skill card from Magatsu-Izanagi.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Redix posted:

Yes, and it's non-inheritable, but you can get the skill card from Magatsu-Izanagi.

Thank you! Now I understand why everyone was talking about Yoshitsune.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

JackDarko posted:

Thank you! Now I understand why everyone was talking about Yoshitsune.

Couple of reasons:

Heat Riser buffs every stat
If you fuse him on a certain day he gets Debilitate which debuffs every stat
He gets an amazing physical skill at level 83, hits every enemy for lots of damage
Really good immunities and resists

On top of that you can see his fusion from early on so it's really hard to miss him.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

DeathBySpoon posted:

Hahaha, I love that they added (January spoilers) Teddie as your housemate to take Nanako's place. He's just as excited to see you!

E: And he helps you cook :3:

The first time he said "welcome home, big bro!" I laughed my rear end off.

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

speaking of minds! know what's on mine? murders.
Thanks to the helpful tip all you posted on the last page for the fight I'm stuck at.

Currently level 14, with the needed Personas. Now I just wish I wouldn't occasionally get one shot by Double Fang... :sigh:

Absolutely loving the new content so far. And from what I hear I haven't even begun to see new content comparatively.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

ShadeofDante posted:

Thanks to the helpful tip all you posted on the last page for the fight I'm stuck at.

Currently level 14, with the needed Personas. Now I just wish I wouldn't occasionally get one shot by Double Fang... :sigh:

Absolutely loving the new content so far. And from what I hear I haven't even begun to see new content comparatively.

This tip might be too late since you've already fused up your dudes and probably don't want to do it again, but for that fight, I leveled up a Slime until it learned Resist Physical and stuck it on a Senri with Red Wall. That way as long as you've got your HP up pretty full, you never have to worry about the MC getting one-shotted, and with Red Wall you can keep Chie from handing the boss extra turns.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
Yosuke: Here, have this- I've been totally into these recently!

> Obtained Sedative.

:stare:

Zetta_Slow
Oct 20, 2012

Shut up! If you try to stop me, my fists will visit you on four different points on your median plane!
Are bosses open to ailments? I got some floor sub bosses with ailments, but I'm not too sure about story bosses.
Is the TV Listing an online thing? Or is it saved on your cart?
Also, they need to get some P1 and P2 music on there.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

DeathBySpoon posted:

Yosuke: Here, have this- I've been totally into these recently!

> Obtained Sedative.

:stare:

Wait

What :catstare:

TheWorstAtWords
May 27, 2012
It's one of the things you can get from hanging out with someone at night, I think.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

TheWorstAtWords posted:

It's one of the things you can get from hanging out with someone at night, I think.

This is true...

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Come on guys, based on Yosuke's other actions in the game are you really surprised?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Couple of reasons:

Heat Riser buffs every stat
If you fuse him on a certain day he gets Debilitate which debuffs every stat
He gets an amazing physical skill at level 83, hits every enemy for lots of damage
Really good immunities and resists

On top of that you can see his fusion from early on so it's really hard to miss him.

I need to find out what day that's on. Fusion Forecast time.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

JackDarko posted:

I need to find out what day that's on. Fusion Forecast time.

December 24th. Allegedly doing this, sadly, costs you the going out with your girlfriend for Christmas scene.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I didn't get a girlfriend christmas scene. I finished the last dungeon on the 21st, I think. Could that be why?

I just got the new? nanako christmas scene.

In other news, I just started playing P3 FES and the lack of square quick travel is awful.

Edit: Come to think of it, I don't think I had Rise at 10 though she was in a relationship with my MC. Could that be why?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Sankis posted:

In other news, I just started playing P3 FES and the lack of square quick travel is awful.

Yeah, but it's in P3P I think!

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Volt Catfish posted:

Yeah, but it's in P3P I think!

I started playing P3P, too, but the lack of 3d environments made everything feel small so I figured I'll play P3 FES first.

Seems pretty weird so far. Persona 3 gets you playing faster, I think it took me about 45 minutes to the tutorial fighting in Tartarus, but Persona 4 sets up the story a lot better in the 2 hours it takes for it to actually be a game. Right now P3 has about as much story as Legend of Grimrock.

JackDarko posted:

I have to choose between power and love? Man this game hits too close to home, time to make the wrong decision again.

This mental image is kinda funny. "Yeah, sorry, Chie. I can't hang out on Christmas eve. I actually have to go to the shopping district and stare at nothing for a few hours."

Sankis fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Dec 19, 2012

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

December 24th. Allegedly doing this, sadly, costs you the going out with your girlfriend for Christmas scene.

I have to choose between power and love? Man this game hits too close to home, time to make the wrong decision again.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

TheWorstAtWords posted:

:mmmhmm:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

JackDarko posted:

No you don't. Just fuse Trumpeter and get the skill card from him.

Also, just use Trumpeter in general. He gets both Heat Riser and Debilitate naturally, you don't have to have both those skills on Yoshitsune.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
Early Dec Spoilers:

If Nanako is really dead, I'm rage quitting the gently caress out of this game and never touching it again. This is bull poo poo. Hitler made this game.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Duesenjaeger posted:

Early Dec Spoilers:

If Nanako is really dead, I'm rage quitting the gently caress out of this game and never touching it again. This is bull poo poo. Hitler made this game.

If she is it's your fault

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Duesenjaeger posted:

Early Dec Spoilers:

There's a reason the game says "Would you like to save? By the way, this is a really loving important decision point, you should probably save a back-up."

Actual answer: http://www.giantbomb.com/guides/persona-4-ending-guide-spoiler-free/1277/

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Duesenjaeger posted:

Early Dec Spoilers:

Um, then you need to not let her die.

It's a loving video game dude, calm down and think for a second, she's a nice character, but really not worth throwing a fit over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Um, then you need to not let her die.

It's a loving video game dude, calm down and think for a second, she's a nice character, but really not worth throwing a fit over.

I thought I made it pretty clear I was joking, but I guess it is hard to tell tone with nothing but text to convert it. I merely meant that I was saddened over that particular part of the story. Not actually throwing a fit over it.

• Locked thread