Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
the Mythbuster Kittens!
Mythbuster Kittens

Mama is Kari. The tabby is Grant. The cream-colored is Adam. The kitten with the dark splotches on the head is Tory, orange splotches is Jamie.

Okay, and another today: Blind cat rescue and sanctuary.

Okay, new kitten cam, haven't been watching it for long:
Amanda's Babies

And a picture!

7 kittens one is adopted by the mom, she had 6.

The Chessie Fosters!

Can't bloody well get a screen shot with this poo poo netbook!

Update: Although this is over, the mother of this set of kittens died while being spayed. She was necropsied and it turned out that she had huge tumors caused by lymphoma. She did the best a mother could do and lived long enough to see her babies get adopted. Rip Fairlie. :(

Feb 28th 2013, The Cosmo Kittens! With Foster John!

Laika (mom), Valentina (torti girl), Yuri (orange boy), Boris, and Pavel (both boys)
Laika was found on a front porch pregnant and abandoned. A kind lady rescued her and brought Laika into her home where she gave birth on Valentine's Day, 2013.

Foster John Bartlett got an award!Well deserved, honestly.

Foster John has a new family as of January 7th 2013!

"John and the Critter Room of Spice Kittens fame is probably going to go live in a few hours or morning, with a nice new higher-quality webcam. He's letting the new mother settle in. "She's currently hugging a sleeping kitten so things look good"

The mother is called Ripley and the kittens are Bishop, Newt, Parker, Dallas and Ash. They've come to him older than the last few litters, about a month old now."

Thanks MikeJF!

Livestream is really good, you can rewind back and see what has gone on for I think 12 hours, it might be 24. The chat on the side and comments below will usually mention any interesting stuff that has happened in the past day or so.

I have noticed that the chat is auto changing some chats into Yoda speak. Odd.

Here's the faq for the stream.

These kittens have a castle!

Castle under attack!

They also have disco parties! (Next one is on Thursday Jan 3rd at 7:30 eastern)

Shakespeare’s kittens!

Direct link to the rescue organization.

This is pretty much the faq right off the Youtube page, but I figure we need a new kitten cam to watch. Unfortunately it isn’t a Livestream feed, such as the Critter Cam. That service seems to be the best one, but I guess they make do.

Dec 12 2012 unfortunately had one of the kittens die from complications. He had birth defects that just couldn’t be overcome.

The Litter Has Names!!!
Mom's name is now Lumi (Finnish for snow).
For the babies the Shakespeare theme won the vote.
Snug (little white one who may or may not be a girl),
Hamlet/Hammy (bigger fluffy white one),
Mercutio/Merc (white with mohawk),
Samson (bigger black one)
and Othello (smaller black one).

Q: How old are the kittens?
A: The kittens were born on Monday, November 12, 2012.

Q: Where did these rescue kittens come from?
A: A Second Chance Puppies and Kittens Rescue:
http://www.asecondchancerescue.org
For more info and pics of the kittens visit:
http://www.kittenrescues.org

Q: Where were these kittens rescued from?
A: They were rescued from the Miami-Dade Animal Care and Control, a county operated shelter.

Q: Why is the mother so skinny?
A: The mother cat was just recently rescued from the shelter, commonly known as "the pound" where she and her babies were facing euthanasia. Mom was a stray who was undernourished and fending for herself, but she is eating well now and will gain weight quickly.

Q: What are their genders?
A: Finding out soon! Sometimes it's difficult to tell at such a young age.

Q: What are the kittens' names?
A: They don't have names yet.

Q: Can I adopt one of them?
A: YES!!! These kittens will be ready to be adopted out at 8 weeks old. Go to http://www.asecondchancerescue.org for more info!

Q: Is there a vet to keep an eye on the kittens?
A: The kittens are under the constant supervision of trained professionals and a large network of fosters and rescues. We do not recommend that others support a litter of newborn kittens without proper training, access to a qualified veterinarian, experienced professional guidance, and veterinary knowledge.

Q: Where are the kittens?
A: In a loving home in Delray Beach, Florida, under the constant care of responsible, professional fosters.

Q: Why don't the kittens move? Are they okay?
A: Kittens spend most of their time eating and sleeping for the first few weeks.

Q: Why do the fosters keep picking up the kittens and taking them out of the tent?
A: The kittens need to be handled regularly to familiarize them with humans. This helps their general disposition, and is very important to insure a healthy relationship toward people.

Q: What if something goes wrong and a kitten gets sick?
A: The kittens, like many rescues, are from animal shelters and small kittens are very susceptible to colds and viruses. Most kittens from shelters do come with some exposure to kitten colds, and it is part of the rescue process to nurse them back to help. A couple of the kittens have minor eye infections and are being treated by a vet, but for them most part they seem healthy and strong. The fosters are very experienced in raising and caring for cats and kittens, and can accurately address most health issues. Local veterinarians and other support from the rescue group are available 24/7 if an occurrence should arise where one would be necessary. They will go through two veterinary check-ups, will be spayed or neutered, microchipped, vaccinated, and tested for Feline Leukemia and FIV before going to their forever homes. Foster parents use the veterinarians in their rescue network and the rescue covers all costs associated with their care.

Q: What is The Pet Collective?
A: The best YouTube pet and animal channel on the internet!!! Subscribe so we can bring you more awesome animal feeds! :)

Q. What is A Second Chance Puppies and Kittens Rescue?
A: An all-foster based rescue group dedicated to saving the lives of pregnant and nursing dog and cat mothers and their offspring. A Second Chance Puppies and Kittens Rescue is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization located in Royal Palm Beach, FL

ANIMAL PLANET'S KITTEN CAM

These guys are getting big!

"Washington Animal Rescue League was founded in 1914 and is the oldest shelter in the Washington, D.C. area. The mission of the Washington Animal Rescue League is to rescue, rehabilitate, and rehome animals who have nowhere else to go. The shelter is committed to strengthening and preserving the human-animal bond by supporting animals in their homes through affordable veterinary care, community outreach, and education. If you're so inclined, find out how you can help."

PETS ALIVE KITTEN CAM

These guys are big! But when they are active they really like to play

Not sure where these ones are.

FORSTER DAD JOHN AKA THE CRITTER ROOM (on facebook)

This guy! He does an excellent job fostering kittens.

This is the feed that the Scientist and Spice Kittens were from. Here is the thread from the Spice Kittens.

THE SEVEN KITTENS

These little guys (and girls) were what I watched while I was totally laid up with my broken leg.

The kittens are long gone, but there are recorded vids up there of them.

Friends of Felines Rescue Center 24/7 Kitty Cam.

Kitten foie gras

These are all bigger cats, but they have a lot of room to run around in.

There are people walking through here all the time, the cats are running around all over the place when they aren't sleeping. It's pretty drat cool.

"Friends of Felines' Rescue Center is a volunteer staffed non-profit, no-kill, cage free feline care facility located in Defiance, Ohio."

Cat Haven (they are in Australia, so they are in the future!

These cats have a really nice play area, lots of toys, lots of space

Here's their website

Pictures later, seems like their camera is in a an outside area with not much light.

Second Chance

These little kittens seem to be almost ready to go to their homes, but they are cute! And they have a large area to run around in.

This is from a bookmark of mine that used to be the Seven Kittens.

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
This is a pretty clever way to get money to care for animals if you think about it. Set up a stream, people watch (loving cats on the goddamn internet YO), ad money rolls in, and you can put that towards more animal care.

Everybody wins.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I totally agree, it is a great way to get money for a charity. I happen to donate locally for cat issues.

This litter is pretty cute, but very monochrome. :)

Happyfacecrazy
Jul 30, 2010

Soft Kitty...
Warm Kitty...
Little Ball of Fur.
Happy Kitty...
Sleepy Kitty...
Purr, Purr, Purrr.
Look at the kitties play :3: I'd gladly donate 25c for a good cause.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Since I'm laid-up with a screwed up leg, I'm always on the look out for kitten cams. Day time TV sucks!

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
Here's a better link to the A Second Chance's page, from Royal Palm Beach, Florida:

http://www.asecondchancerescue.org/animals/browse?special=Kitten%20Cam%20Stars

Animal Planet has one on Ustream:

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/too-cute-kittens/kitten-cam/

Here's one by "petsalive" but I don't know where these kittens are:

https://www.dropcam.com/p/petsalive

Iconic Racism
Apr 8, 2009
Watching this whilst listening to 'Pursuit of Happiness' is extremely soothing

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

J.theYellow posted:

Here's a better link to the A Second Chance's page, from Royal Palm Beach, Florida:

http://www.asecondchancerescue.org/animals/browse?special=Kitten%20Cam%20Stars

Animal Planet has one on Ustream:

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/too-cute-kittens/kitten-cam/

Here's one by "petsalive" but I don't know where these kittens are:

https://www.dropcam.com/p/petsalive

Awesome! I'll put these in the OP.

I'll try and keep this up to date, with new cams as they come online (can't wait for John's new one) but I can't guarantee it (I work on boats, so when I go back, the interwebs on there are either a)not very good, or b) non-existent.

Edit: And it froze. Oh well.

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 19, 2012

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Monsieur Murdoch Fan Club
Man. It always amazes me how fast kittens grow.

Luth
Nov 7, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Maybe I am just a heartless person, but I literally don't care whether these kittens live or die.
Maybe if you had Rihanna cam or something then I would be able to get on board with this.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Luth posted:

Maybe I am just a heartless person, but I literally don't care whether these kittens live or die.
Maybe if you had Rihanna cam or something then I would be able to get on board with this.

Well, at least you're not jerking it to kittens.
This is the Internet, I take what I can get.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Aw I didn't even notice the one sleeping on top of the castle til he woke up for a second to lick his own paw.

pr0p
Dec 8, 2011
This is wonderful, thank you. I wish I could sleep half as easy as cats do.

One of the black ones should be named Ser Pounce, I mean there's a castle and everything.

e: Momma woke up and now there's a 6 way bathing festival!

e2: Two of the white kitties have black mohawks!

pr0p fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Dec 21, 2012

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Aww, they're super precious :3:.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
When I first got up this morning they were freaking out, running all over the place, attacking the camera and mom. Must be the end of the world! :)

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

This is a good stream.

Their golden retriever one is very good too.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Yeah I Like Girls posted:

Their golden retriever one is very good too.

That poor pooch off to the right. No one's kissing him or sniffing his butt. :ohdear:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Young Freud posted:

That poor pooch off to the right. No one's kissing him or sniffing his butt. :ohdear:

He looks so sad. :(

edit:

Who needs toys when you have moms tail?

George H.W. Cunt fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Dec 21, 2012

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Corgi Cam was great, except for when they was poop all over the place. Come to think of it, they were always pooping. Corgis are kind of gross.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
awwww they're ALL asleep now.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

SpannerX posted:

The Corgi Cam was great, except for when they was poop all over the place. Come to think of it, they were always pooping. Corgis are kind of gross.

Woah it looks like corgi cam is back unless this is a recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8MI81iIOuI

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Yeah I Like Girls posted:

Woah it looks like corgi cam is back unless this is a recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8MI81iIOuI

Looks like this is a loop: 9/14/12 7:55pm Pacific: All done. We'll be looping recaps of litter #1 here until we get a new litter. Check back here anytime for updates, and to get your fix of Brinkley, Pinky and the pups from Litter #1. And we'll release unseen footage here as well between now and Litter #2.

#CorgiCam http://www.corgicam.us (Coming back early 2013)

EDIT: Last day for the Husky cam.

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Dec 21, 2012

SquallStrife
Jan 20, 2009

"The Goon" by Metanaut.
I miss the Spice kittens...

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There is mad crazy cat activity on the cam. We got cats on castles and other cats literally climbing on the walls!

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

Are ya gonna come quietly, or am I gonna have to muss ya up?
Here's the 24/7 cat cam from the Friends of Felines Rescue Center. Mostly adult cats, some kittens, but lots and lots of cats all the time, plus live chat.

http://www.ustream.tv/ffrc

Pheeets fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 22, 2012

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pheeets posted:

Here's the 24/7 cat cam from the Friends of Felines Rescue Center. Mostly adult cats, some kittens, but lots and lots of cats all the time, plus live chat.

This is fantastic! I...I don't...

nubdestoryer
Sep 15, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Really wish there was an air horn button.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
Have you guys noticed that every time the mom cat gets up to take a drink of water, one of the black kittens goes with her and stares curiously at what she's doing until she stops? Sometimes he goes for a drink, but most of the time he just sits there, adorably studying her actions.

GodDAMN but these cats are cute. The mom is gorgeous.

Maggie Fletcher fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 22, 2012

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

SpannerX posted:

This is fantastic! I...I don't...

I know, right? They're all just hanging out and playing and snoozing right now. Every night there are different toys and cat beds. During the day they walk around among the volunteers, and sometimes the volunteers hold the cats up to the cam so you can see them getting lovies and belly snorgles. One night they got into a huge stash of catnip live on camera...

edit: oh and that big round thing is a cat-sized hamster wheel.

Pheeets fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 22, 2012

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

There's a dog in a dinosaur suit in with the kittens right now.

Bastard Squad
Aug 26, 2007
Here Come The Bastards

Pheeets posted:

The Friends of Felines cam is my favorite "reality show". Sometimes it can break your heart, but the good times and cute kitties are worth it.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax
cats are kind of like salamanders c/d

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

cats are kind of like salamanders c/d

There's no "kind of" about it. Cats are a type of salamander.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dogzilla was pretty funny they even had Godzilla music playing. Other kitten cams are going to have to step their game up to compete. Part way through Dogzilla transformed into normal dog by shaking the costume off to reveal his true form to his new kitten followers.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

a foolish pianist posted:

There's a dog in a dinosaur suit in with the kittens right now.

drat it! I totally missed it. :( Oh well.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Seems like John is starting up the next set of kittens on the 7th of Jan!

"Now that things have worked themselves out here on the home front and I know a timeline, I'll be able to bring in more fosters on Jan 7th - that's less than two weeks from now."

of bees
Dec 28, 2009
:siren: New kittens alert :siren:

At the Friends of Felines stream they have newborn kittens and they're showing them off right now.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Foster John has a write up in the local paper:

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20121227/NEWS01/712279955

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

Both the Shakespeare Kitten cam and the Friends of Felines cam are very active right now! FOF has three tubes out filled with crazy cats and one on the cat/hamster wheel...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.
kitten disco party happening right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGrdPJHgtJg

• Locked thread