Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Lance Streetman posted:

In the event that Prince Charles dies before Queen Elizabeth, does the throne go to Prince Williams or Prince Andrew?

I doubt it could last a day without turning into a flaming wreck.

The current hierarchy for succession is:

(1) HRH The Prince of Wales (The Prince Charles; b. 1948)
(2) HRH The Duke of Cambridge (Prince William; b. 1982)
(3) HRH Prince Henry 'Harry' of Wales (b. 1984)
(4) HRH The Duke of York (The Prince Andrew; b. 1960)
(5) HRH Princess Beatrice of York (b. 1988)
(6) HRH Princess Eugenie of York (b. 1990)
(7) HRH The Earl of Wessex (The Prince Edward; b. 1964)
(8) Viscount Severn (James Mountbatten-Windsor; b. 2007)
(9) Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor (b. 2003)
(10) HRH The Princess Royal (The Princess Anne; b. 1950)
(11) Peter Phillips (b. 1977)
(12) Savannah Phillips (b. 2010)
(13) Isla Phillips (b. 2012)
(14) Zara Tindall (née Phillips; b. 1981)
(15) Viscount Linley (David Armstrong-Jones; b. 1961)
(16) The Hon Charles Armstrong-Jones (b. 1999)
(17) The Hon Margarita Armstrong-Jones (b. 2002)
(18) Lady Sarah Chatto (b. 1964)
(19) Samuel Chatto (b. 1996)
(20) Arthur Chatto (b. 1999)

It goes on far past this to stuff like the final person in line at like number 400 or something; Karin Vogel (born 1973) from Rostock, Germany.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Lance Streetman posted:

In the event that Prince Charles dies before Queen Elizabeth, does the throne go to Prince Williams or Prince Andrew?
Currently it's Prince William, then the royal baby (regardless of sex, I assume it has to have been born though), then Harry, then Andrew.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I took a trip to Amsterdam and smoked a joint in a coffeshop. It was also the first time I smoked anything or even tried a drug. I felt nothing, no pleasant "high" that drug users keep raving about, just a foul aftertaste in my mouth and odor clinging to my clothes. I did notice that I had no nervous meltdowns, restlessness or self-injurious behavior for at least five hours afterwards, but sometimes I have nice days like that anyway.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baron Bifford posted:

I took a trip to Amsterdam and smoked a joint in a coffeshop. It was also the first time I smoked anything or even tried a drug. I felt nothing, no pleasant "high" that drug users keep raving about, just a foul aftertaste in my mouth and odor clinging to my clothes. I did notice that I had no nervous meltdowns, restlessness or self-injurious behavior for at least five hours afterwards, but sometimes I have nice days like that anyway.

I have no idea why, or why it seems to happen to so many, but the general consensus is that you don't get high the first time you smoke.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Baron Bifford posted:

You probably didn't inhale properly. Unless you're a smoker already there is sort of a technique.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Baron Bifford posted:

There's an entire forum for discusion of drugs, there's also TCC Resources/Megathreads/Q&A/QUICK QUESTION THREAD and of course The Serious About Weed Thread.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

This year I never got around to getting a flu shot, and sure enough I've spent this whole week getting over the flu. Is there any point to getting a shot now, to protect against other strains, or would that be completely redundant at this point?

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Is there an easy way to decipher my saved website login passwords on my computer that are asterisked out?

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010

Powered Descent posted:

This year I never got around to getting a flu shot, and sure enough I've spent this whole week getting over the flu. Is there any point to getting a shot now, to protect against other strains, or would that be completely redundant at this point?

It takes about a month for a flu shot to be fully effective and you can't get one while sick. Don't waste your money. Get one well before flu season next year, though.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Mescal posted:

Is there an easy way to decipher my saved website login passwords on my computer that are asterisked out?

google "bookmarklets" for firefox users

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Tharizdun posted:

google "bookmarklets" for firefox users

You'll probably need to be more specific than that. There are a huge number of different bookmarklets that do tons of different things.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Tiggum posted:

You'll probably need to be more specific than that. There are a huge number of different bookmarklets that do tons of different things.

:ninja:

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Tiggum posted:

I actually got it with just the information that bookmarklets can do this. I would NEVER have guessed my SA password, even though I chose it myself. Capital, lowercase, punctuation and numbers is some stringent poo poo.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Hey, I'm looking to get a small website setup. I don't know a lot of coding so hopefully something simple, but I'm looking to get an online portfolio setup that can work as a blog. I'm trying to get a job in the game industry as a level designer, so I need it to have online storage that'll accept lots of weird filetypes. Any recommendations? I was looking at Wordpress cus I heard it was really easy to get something setup, but I can't tell how much storage I get, or if it can store weird filetypes. Price isn't really a big issue, I expect to pay some cash and that's fine.

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream
Separate what you want.

Use wordpress or blogspot for your site, store all of the files in dropbox or something and just link to them.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Duh, dunno why that had never occurred to me :downs: thanks for pointing out the obvious.

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream
No problem.

The nice thing about wordpress is that there's probably already a template out there for the kind of look you want, for free or for a token fee.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Mescal posted:

If you're using Firefox, go to Options -> Security -> Saved Passwords and click 'Show Passwords'.

Emanuel Yam
Aug 22, 2004

Take it from our drummer, 'Puff'
Being good it gets you stuff
Can someone tell me where to find that thread some goon made a while back, detailing their efforts at backyard beekeeping?

Idiootti
Apr 11, 2012

Emanuel Yam posted:

Can someone tell me where to find that thread some goon made a while back, detailing their efforts at backyard beekeeping?

Is this the thread you're looking for: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3091681

(I googled: somethingawful backyard beekeeping)

Emanuel Yam
Aug 22, 2004

Take it from our drummer, 'Puff'
Being good it gets you stuff
Could have sworn i tried that, yeah melodywise is what i was after, thanks.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

Can anyone identify the two fonts used on this logo? It's for my uncle's shop and I'd like to recreate a vector version and maybe fill in the top lettering.

What The Font couldn't identify the top font at all and had some close enough suggestions for the bottom.

Top one is Serpentine. It was popular as hell in the mid-90s.

aude omnia
Nov 14, 2004

Can someone help me find the recent tumblr post wherein a girl was sent gross messages on Plenty of Fish so she found the guy's mom on Facebook and sent the messages to her? I checked the relevant tags on Tumblr and Reddit.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
If a married man has a child with his mistress, what is the relationship between the child and his wife? Son in law?

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream
"Very poor?"

I believe the technical term is "bastard."

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

the posted:

If a married man has a child with his mistress, what is the relationship between the child and his wife? Son in law?

None. This is the use case for which the word "bastard" was invented.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Why isn't it "step-child"? Goes into the sub-category of "bastard step-child" sure, but it's no different from any other step- relationship.

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream
A step-child is a legitimate child produced in wedlock that is then brought into another legitimate relationship.

A bastard is a child produced out of wedlock.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

tarepanda posted:

A step-child is a legitimate child produced in wedlock that is then brought into another legitimate relationship.
That's never been the definition. "Bastard" and "step-child" aren't mutually exclusive, a step-child is just the child of the person you're marrried to, that isn't yours.

[edit]I mean, "bastard step-child" is a pretty common expression.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I don't know in what world you live that "bastard step child" is such a common phrase but every definition I can find of step child implies that the child was brought in from a prior marriage or relationship.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Chris Knight posted:

Top one is Serpentine. It was popular as hell in the mid-90s.

Hot drat, that's it. The logo was made in the 90's too so that makes sense.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Dec 29, 2012

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Al! posted:

I don't know in what world you live that "bastard step child" is such a common phrase but every definition I can find of step child implies that the child was brought in from a prior marriage or relationship.
"Bastard step-child" has nearly 1.8m hits on google. There's no need to be snippy, jeez.

And a bastard is just the child of unmarried parents too, it doesn't have to be from a married person having an affair.

[edit]I decided to get a legitimate legal answer for this, and it's a pretty grey area. US courts have decided that adulterine children (from an affair) are the same as any other illegitimate children in law. They originally ruled that an adulterine child wasn't a stepchild (for immigration purposes), then in 1974 changed their mind and said it was. In Phillipines law it's a step-child. So from a legal perspective it may depend on what country you're in.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 29, 2012

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Hoops posted:

"Bastard step-child" has nearly 1.8m hits on google. There's no need to be snippy, jeez.

"bastard step-toaster" has 8.1 m hits. Hint: really put it in quotes to see the real number of times it's been used.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Have there ever been experiments about miracle berry and the taste of semen?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mescal posted:

Have there ever been experiments about miracle berry and the taste of semen?

Give me 36 hours.

Edit: To clarify, my girlfriend got miracle berries for christmas, and she made me promise not to ask her to blow me anymore until I at least knew what I was asking her to swallow. I agreed mostly out of curiosity, so within the next 36 hours either me or her will be trying this.

Edit 2: I swear to god I'm not as creepy as this post would imply.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Dec 29, 2012

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Turtlicious posted:

Edit 2: I swear to god I'm not as creepy as this post would imply.

Well, you DO have a Homestuck avatar, so...

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Do Americans get mail on weekends?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Call Now posted:

Do Americans get mail on weekends?

Saturdays only.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

FCKGW posted:

Saturdays only.

Sundays too for Express Mail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Also I feel that was a question that could have taken 6 seconds of your time on Google to find out.