Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Janitor Bob
May 4, 2007
Sweeper Cell Agent
Do you know if Might and Magic Heroes VI Gold will ever go on sale? It didn't sell well originally, I don't think, so it's surprising there haven't been considerable discounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Masonity posted:

Oh and on the whole "name a bundle and price and I'll pitch it" thing...

The wife has asked me to ask about a sims 3 pack. If she could get the sims 3 with all (or most of, screw Katie perry and that crap) the addons for around $50 or less the she I will be buying it. Add in medieval and its addon (medieval is $2 on Australian steam right now) and we'd name our next kid* after you.

*ive had the snip, but who knows!

Just pitched this, stay tuned.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.
FYI. We are likely going to move 3 products in the Civ sale to less than a 75% discount, these are Civ V Gods and Kings, Civ V, and Civ IV Complete.

We're going to take each of these products to $9.99. Customers with 2K coupons will be able to get them for $4.99.

Cheers,
Tony

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Is that $4.99 each or in a pack?

Civ 5 + G&K in a pack for about $7.50 after coupons would be nice. Even better if it was $5 after coupons!

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax

AmazonTony posted:

iastudent posted:

Hey Tony, I saw that MLB 2k11 was already price-matched to Steam but doesn't offer a key for it. Conversely, MLB 2k12 offers a Steam key but is still full priced. Is there any chance of both of them getting Steam keys/prices before the sale ends tonight?
Hey man, sorry I missed this. I've put this in place but the sale doesn't end tonight. Also the price might not take effect until tomorrow depending on how long it takes it to go through the system.

Can you get Steam keys and a discount for the MLB/NBA 2K12 double pack? $15 would be the sweet spot if you're still looking for price suggestions, thanks.

clayburn
Mar 6, 2007

Cammy Cam Juice
How does the Editor's Choice thing work? Will this be a sale where we can use the $5 coupons, or just a chance to get $5 off the selected games? I am looking at Hotline Miami, which is $5 now and would be at most $5 then with the coupon. $5 is a great price anyways, but I've got enough stuff to play that I can wait if I can save a few dollars in January.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

AmazonTony posted:

FYI. We are likely going to move 3 products in the Civ sale to less than a 75% discount, these are Civ V Gods and Kings, Civ V, and Civ IV Complete.

We're going to take each of these products to $9.99. Customers with 2K coupons will be able to get them for $4.99.

Cheers,
Tony

I already have Civ 5 so I'd love G&K for a fiver.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

clayburn posted:

How does the Editor's Choice thing work? Will this be a sale where we can use the $5 coupons, or just a chance to get $5 off the selected games? I am looking at Hotline Miami, which is $5 now and would be at most $5 then with the coupon. $5 is a great price anyways, but I've got enough stuff to play that I can wait if I can save a few dollars in January.

Any Amazon Games purchase gets you a $5 coupon, even if you are just buying some 0.30 cent DLC or a new $50 game. You can get as many coupons as you wish.

January 1st you can apply the coupons to anything on the 2012 Editor's Choice list, which usually are put on sale too. Coupons do not stack but you can make multiple purchases and use a different coupon on each.

So yeah it is worth waiting since Hotline Miami is going to be at most $5, and they might cut the price a little too. Last year had the same promotion and a couple games were discounted to $6 ($1 with coupon), including Duke Nukem Forever. Which led to many "gifts" of Duke being given to people as random Steam codes posted..

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

AmazonTony posted:

[Sims 3 pack] Just pitched this, stay tuned.

Well poo poo. If that goes through and has Steam keys, I'll 100% be buying my wife Sims for the second time this sale season.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Well poo poo. If that goes through and has Steam keys, I'll 100% be buying my wife Sims for the second time this sale season.

We won't get Steam keys for EA products just an FYI.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

AmazonTony posted:

Oh good.

Speaking of games that are silly to me, keep us posted on Farming Sim 2013 :downs:

workingdogv1
Jul 10, 2001

:catdrugs:

KNITS MY FEEDS posted:

Is that $4.99 each or in a pack?

Civ 5 + G&K in a pack for about $7.50 after coupons would be nice. Even better if it was $5 after coupons!

I think that's each, since G&K right now is 50% off at 14.99 and it sounds like we're not quite getting 75% off without the coupon. Still, with coupon that's almost 85% off.

Let's just say Gods and Kings for 5 will make me a very happy camper.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
May I suggest, if you plan on creating a bundle of Civ V GOTY and Gods&Kings, you should include the Korea/Wonders double pack as well.

When 2k rushed to brand the GOTY edition, they left this double pack out. Those were the last bits of DLC that got released before they released an actual expansion. Because of that, people who purchased the Game of the Year Edition and Gods&Kings may have mistakenly believed they have all the content released so far for the game but actually don't.

Personally, I already have it, but just suggesting it for the sake of those who don't.

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

Alright, who let Rube Goldberg in here?

AmazonTony posted:

I thought I was being optimistic hoping for G&K for 10 with the coupon. You've made me very happy.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Yeah, I've been waiting for Civ 5 for awhile now. Is the $5 for Civ 5 GOTY?

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

AmazonTony posted:

How does one get a 2k coupon? I'd love Gods and Kings for $5 but I don't think I have a 2K promotion among the 24 promotional emails I received this month.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

MixMasterMalaria posted:

How does one get a 2k coupon? I'd love Gods and Kings for $5 but I don't think I have a 2K promotion among the 24 promotional emails I received this month.

This is exactly my question. Can you buy something from 2K now and get one, or was it only if you bought something earlier?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The 2K/EA publisher coupons were only for people who bought games from those companies prior to the 24th.

csidle
Jul 31, 2007

Happy Fun Bollocks posted:

Tony, can you make this have Steam keys while it is still 75%-off?

Tony, could you address this? I'd spring on that in an instant if it was on Steam.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

tony, you're a straight up thug

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted
Any chance that the Anno 2070 expansion pack gets a ludicrously good deal?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

csidle posted:

Tony, could you address this? I'd spring on that in an instant if it was on Steam.

I thought I did a couple pages back.

I have reached out to my Paradox contact regarding this but not yet heard back.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Frocious posted:

Any chance that the Anno 2070 expansion pack gets a ludicrously good deal?

We had it for 75% off at one point...I can pitch it again to Ubi though.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

AmazonTony posted:

Was that for the Steam version or plain old Ubiplay? I'd really like that deal for the non-steam download.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

AmazonTony posted:

You are awesome, looking forward to the Secret World in january!

csidle
Jul 31, 2007

AmazonTony posted:

I thought I did a couple pages back.

I have reached out to my Paradox contact regarding this but not yet heard back.

Sorry, I must've missed it. Thanks.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Tony, could you clarify if it's Civ V GOTY or regular that's going to be $10 tomorrow. Also will there be any bundles that include Gods & Kings or the DLC?

Thanks

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

homeless snail posted:

The 2K/EA publisher coupons were only for people who bought games from those companies prior to the 24th.

Well, that answers that. Guess I'll just wait for a possible steam sale, or get that 2K strategy pack.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
A Civ V GOTY with other DLC bundle would be magnificent.

Pigeon Shamus
Apr 14, 2010

There's a guard with a pair of swollen testicles who swears you wanted out of here.
Hi Tony you amazing human being,

What's the chance of Walking Dead/Dark Souls being the same price as they are now at the time of the Editor's Choice deal? Just want to know whether to take the plunge on either/or now.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

AmazonTony posted:

Any chance of getting steam codes for ubisoft games?

I'd love it if you'd tell your ubisoft rep that 99% of gamers hate uplay passionately.

mm14thvt
Oct 5, 2003
Hi Tony, thanks for the deals, much appreciated. Any idea if Sleeping Dogs will be making an appearance during the editor's choice sale at or below the current steam amount?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Tony, any chance of getting a Hearts of Iron III deal from Paradox? A deal with HoI3+the dlc/expansions would be really interesting to me. $20 for the base game and all dlc would beat what Steam has right now and would be an instant buy for me. Really any deal better than Steam's would be great.

I'd say any Paradox deal would be great but I already own EU3, CK2, and Victoria 2. :shobon:

Thanks again for running all this. I've gotten Dark Souls and Scribblenauts from Amazon this season and I'd never have known about it without your promos.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

axeil posted:

Tony, any chance of getting a Hearts of Iron III deal from Paradox?

Wasn't Hearts of Iron III the absolutely terrible one that came out last year?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Party Plane Jones posted:

Wasn't Hearts of Iron III the absolutely terrible one that came out last year?

Some people like it... I think.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Hearts of Iron 3 is two or three years old by now and has been expansioned and patched to the point where some people really enjoy it. I'm not one of them, but apparently it's pretty good now.

A Bakery Crime
Sep 2, 2006
D-O-W-N, and that's the way we get down!
Apologies if this has been covered, but is there any chance of getting Steam keys for The Secret World?

Edit: Never mind, it's an EA product, thanks for all the help anyway!

A Bakery Crime fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Dec 28, 2012

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I want Anno 1404 Steam key :colbert:
And I want it for $10, $5 with coupon. :colbert:

Make it happen Tony (please :ohdear: )

t-nutz
Nov 26, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Any chance of getting steam codes for ubisoft games?

I'd love it if you'd tell your ubisoft rep that 99% of gamers hate uplay passionately.
I got Far Cry 3 from ubishop and it took way too many iterations of starting, patching and downloading before I could play. It sounds dumb but it was enough to note to myself avoid anything that requires their downloader. The rest of uplay hasn't bothered me since they did away with the always-on DRM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

t-nutz posted:

I got Far Cry 3 from ubishop and it took way too many iterations of starting, patching and downloading before I could play. It sounds dumb but it was enough to note to myself avoid anything that requires their downloader. The rest of uplay hasn't bothered me since they did away with the always-on DRM.

It's just too much already. The worst thing would be buying a game in steam, and having to go through GFWL and uplay as well.

The best drm is one that is completely transparent. I'm all for steam not having a monopoly, but the easiest way to do that is to buy a game and get a code that works on uplay, that works on origin, that works on steam, that works on GOG.com, etc. This way, you get the game, and then you have the choice to use whatever service you want. This would be the best solution, but it sadly will never happen.

I don't care how good the game is, how cheap it is. If I have to jump through all these excessive hoops just to enjoy the game, it's not worth any of my time or money.

• Locked thread