Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Tewratomeh posted:

And "Spymate"? Seriously? Couldn't they just go all out and call it something like "James Bonobo: Secret Apegent Double-O Simian"?

I laughed for like five minutes at this. Terrible puns just get me :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I don't know if this counts as a poster, but it's pretty cool. Clicky for article.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I was wondering if Dolph Lundgren and Viggo Mortensen had a kid somewhere, because I keep seeing either of their faces in that picture. That's a hell of a make-up job on Sharlto Copley there.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Dillbag posted:

I don't know if this counts as a poster, but it's pretty cool. Clicky for article.

He's transforming into Dick Miller.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

He's transforming into Dick Miller.

District 9-2.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Is this one of those eye trick things? Or extremely bad photoshop? I swear their faces don't belong to those bodies and it makes it oh-so-creepy, as like they will lift up revealing their robotic insides :stare:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Desperado Bones posted:

Is this one of those eye trick things? Or extremely bad photoshop? I swear their faces don't belong to those bodies and it makes it oh-so-creepy, as like they will lift up revealing their robotic insides :stare:

That's an awkward tagline.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Alhazred posted:

That's an awkward tagline.

Awkward is a very good way of describing that movie. It's really goddamn weird and acted in a way that would make a high school production blush but (I think) it's entirely on purpose.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

:stare:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

It's perfect

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

There isn't enough tuxedo football here.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

For the purposes of comparison with the original.

I'd have thought photoshop would be used to, you know, improve how he looks in the picture. I guess it adds to the trainwreck appeal of the film.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Reminds me of a low-budget, gay romance cover.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

That looks like the cover for some lovely direct-to-betamax horror movie.

Which I suppose The Room could qualify for.

Edit: I just realized that now Wiseau's sex scenes are going to be in Blu-Ray definition now :stonk:

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

Pesky Splinter posted:

Reminds me of a low-budget, gay romance cover.
I haven't seen it but I think that sort of what it is, so they did a good job selling it. Oh and obviously Macauly getting hammered in the head at some point.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Daeren posted:

That looks like the cover for some lovely direct-to-betamax horror movie.

Which I suppose The Room could qualify for.

Edit: I just realized that now Wiseau's sex scenes are going to be in Blu-Ray definition now :stonk:

And I'm getting it the day it comes out :fap:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

falz posted:

I haven't seen it but I think that sort of what it is, so they did a good job selling it. Oh and obviously Macauly getting hammered in the head at some point.

I don't know why they have him as the victim in the theatrical poster since the guy Macauly's portraying is the murderer.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I... I love that the Photoshop artíste just made both his eyes lazy instead of trying to fix the lazy one.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

davidspackage posted:

I... I love that the Photoshop artíste just made both his eyes lazy instead of trying to fix the lazy one.

At least he kept the word reflection.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
He looks like he spent the night with his head in a beehive.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

perfect time to break out my fake-criterion:

the original file for this is long lost but maybe I'll remake it so you guys can print it out and replace the old cover.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

But... How did they take the top of his head off so perfectly with a hammer? :psyduck:

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Yesssssss.

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010

Young Freud posted:

I don't know why they have him as the victim in the theatrical poster since the guy Macauly's portraying is the murderer.

It's based off of the actual party flyer. http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/celebrity/michael_alig/4.html

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sockser posted:

Went ahead and did a quick GIS

There you go.

There's your loving DVD cover.

Are you sure that's the right chimp, though? Wouldn't want to get sued for using its likeness.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

I love the people going on and on about the music and over-the-top style of a Baz Luhrman flick that's adapting a story all about partying and decadence covering emptiness. Of course it's going to cater to the modern club and pop scenes and evoke the madcap parties of today and yesteryear--aside from being great marketing at getting people into seats it might actually make one or two of them think after they see just how unhappy almost everyone in The Great Gatsby really is.

Not to mention, we already had a straightforward, respectful adaptation of the source material, and it was received with a shrug. Time to go balls out.

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:
My favorite part is the bright white "©2001-2013 WISEAU FILMS. All Rights Reserved." standing right out from the dark background. Might as well have added COPYRITE ME DO NOT STEEL.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

I'm fairly certain Wiseau did this poster himself. The Blu-Ray cover is an amazing extension of the mind that gave us that movie, hopefully Wiseau believes he did a brilliant and subtle job. Unless it's all intentional black comedy somehow.

The title's text colour stands out incredibly poorly from the image, to the point of being almost unreadable.

It is the perfect criterion cover for The Room.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Hehe Phantasm... :3:

Mandibular Fiasco
Oct 14, 2012

I really love the use of a oxygen cylinder and mask as some sort of weapon...though if he turned it around and took a sledgehammer to the medical post, it could make one hell of a rocket.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ZeeBoi posted:

Hehe Phantasm... :3:
This movie is out on VOD right now.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

This movie is out on VOD right now.

Yeah, it showed up on Google Play just within the last few days. It supposedly still going to be released in theaters January 25th, but the Google Play advert states "see it before it hits theaters".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HDNet Movies also had it listed for January 23rd as part of their Sneak Previews gimmick, but it's not on the site anymore.

Honey Badger
Jan 5, 2012

^^^ Like this, but its your mouth, and shit comes out of it.

"edit: Oh neat, babby's first avatar. Kind of a convoluted metaphor but eh..."

No, shit is actually extruding out of your mouth, and your'e a pathetic dick, shut the fuck up.

Pretty much one of my favorite advertisements for a movie. Tasteful? Nope. But it tells you all you need to know about the film.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Honey Badger posted:

Pretty much one of my favorite advertisements for a movie. Tasteful? Nope. But it tells you all you need to know about the film.

It's a cool concept for sure but that blood's just flying out of thin air! Or being sprinkled out of that Hanzo sprinkler.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Obviously she is cutting her way out of the poster and the blood is the blood of reality itself.

Honey Badger
Jan 5, 2012

^^^ Like this, but its your mouth, and shit comes out of it.

"edit: Oh neat, babby's first avatar. Kind of a convoluted metaphor but eh..."

No, shit is actually extruding out of your mouth, and your'e a pathetic dick, shut the fuck up.
I think it's more of a funny self-acknowledgment of the "fountains of blood from seemingly nowhere" criticism that gets leveled at Tarantino all the time.

But cutting her way into reality sounds way cooler.

Either way, seeing that ad while I drove down the street would definitely cause me to double-take.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

So are that Kubrick's notes on a proposed poster?

From the dotted thing it's probably by the same illustrator as this, which I guess was preferred.

Which makes the movie look like it's about aliens.