Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Voodoo posted:

Rayman Jungle Run (US) Codes:

Grabbed top left, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
It'z Zynga, who cares? I mean, besides VideoCEO

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Voodoo posted:

Grabbed the 979 one, second from upper left. Thanks!

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

Just finished Machinarium for the ipad and wow, what a great little adventure game!

Next on deck, in no particular order, is Bastion, The Walking Dead, The Room, and Baldur's Gate. There's so many great games out there that I don't know what to play next.

What was the old thread's consensus on Horn?

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere

VideoGameVet posted:

Zynga pulled some games out of the app store today:

Mafia Wars Shakedown
Forestville
Mojitomo
Word Scramble Challenge

What was Word Scramble Challenge? A sync version of Word Scramble?

They shut down 11 games that weren't worth the resources. Word scramble challenge was more or less a crappy version of scramble with friends.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

eeenmachine posted:

Was really hoping they'd pull down Dream Heights so we could get some extra press out of it :(

I'm going to see what I can do about the Scramble Challenge thing.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Those jungle run codes are all used, so don't bother trying to enter them all for you shall be disappointed.

heiden
May 31, 2005

by Pipski
If anyone still plays Knights of Pen and Paper, I've come up with the best party:

1. Warrior
2. Hunter
3. Rogue
4. Necromancer
5. Bard

High initiative on the supporters, use crit rings/attack beaks/skills accordingly to get 90-100% crit on Hunter (+10% crit char) and Rogue (mp leech char), full HP leech on attackers. Steamroll all groups of enemies and the last boss & make failing dice rolls impossible. Hunter does nearly 5000 damage per turn, Rogue does 1500, all other classes do poo poo. I don't know why I'm so min/max about this game but I've hit ulillillian levels of perfection now and can stop playing at last.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Anyone playing letter press? My Game Center nickname is my username.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Duckman2008 posted:

Anyone playing letter press? My Game Center nickname is my username.

Yes, and same GC name for me. I'll take any Letterpress challenges.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

These Rayman Jungle Run songs are really obnoxious. What happened to the great music from the classic games?

Bummey fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 31, 2012

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Bummey posted:

These Rayman Jungle Run songs are really obnoxious. What happened to the great music from the classic games?

Look at how wrong you are.

I love the Rayman music from Jungle Run and Origins. It's the best video game music I've heard in a while. It's like Mario music without being 8-bit!

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Kairosoft's Dungeon Village is on sale for one dollar. Buy it!

http://appshopper.com/games/dungeon-village

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bummey posted:

Kairosoft's Dungeon Village is on sale for one dollar. Buy it!

http://appshopper.com/games/dungeon-village

Or not, because it's probably the weakest game they've published. I only got a couple hours out of it before getting bored.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

xzzy posted:

Or not, because it's probably the weakest game they've published. I only got a couple hours out of it before getting bored.

Look at how wrong this guy is. Dungeon Village is great

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dungeon Village isn't a very good Kairosoft game. I didn't spend nearly as much time with it as some of their others.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.

Kuai posted:

Has anyone tried any of the Cave plethora shooters? I am really itching to try one but would really like to get an honest opinion on them.

I'd recommend either Dodonpachi Maxiumum or Bug Princess. They're easily the two best out of everything they've put on iOS.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Dungeon Village was my first Kairosoft game, and it's easily better than what they've put out since.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

ioburn what are you doing? One time your Touch Arcade ad background had the clickable area right on the lady boobs, now it's right on the dude's butt. Do you get more clicks for boob and butt hitboxes?

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

Voodoo posted:

And they're all gone :(

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Heroes of Order & Chaos seemed pretty cool at first but now I'm pretty sure the remainder of my experience is going to involve waiting 20 minutes to join a game filled with dudes who've spent 200 hours on it and murder me instantly. Also for some reason I'm not allowed to play as the elf lady I bought with my F2P PAYMENT CRYSTALS.

Faceguy
Feb 7, 2009

I am very phallic
College Slice
Two more Jungle Run codes (US) :

EXHWRL49Y9EH
FPYJEEEPYER7

Faceguy fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jan 1, 2013

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Faceguy posted:

Two more Jungle Run codes (US) :

EXHWRL49Y9EH
FPYJEEEPYER7

Both already used :mad:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I just made myself sad by realizing how perfect House of the Dead would be on iOS. This is why I should learn to make games. Are there even any on rails shooters around?

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Are there even any on rails shooters around?

There's Rage HD. Not the worst game you'll ever play.

Pray For Death
Dec 28, 2012

suboptimal posted:

Wanted to thank whoever recommend Hunters 2 in the last thread. The game looks absolutely gorgeous on the iPad 4 and is a great turn-based tactical game.

Glad you liked it :)

The devs are working on a Warhammer game in the same vein as their next project.

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

I just made myself sad by realizing how perfect House of the Dead would be on iOS. This is why I should learn to make games. Are there even any on rails shooters around?

There's a Time Crisis game.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
The iOS RAGE game is okay, it's probably the best rail shooter I've played on iOS for what that's worth.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
how does bastion play on a regular 4?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
How is that new Ravensword game? I ask because I recently tried booting up Aralon, which I was gifted when it first came out, and it's unplayable garbage. When it came out it was a novelty for being a full 3D adventure game on a platform that didn't really have such things, but when you judge it on its own merits it's a bag of arse.

So does Ravensword stand up as a good game, or is it just a shinier yet still lovely Elder Scrolls wannabe?

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
FIFA 13 is on sale today at 69p

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Parkingtigers posted:

So does Ravensword stand up as a good game, or is it just a shinier yet still lovely Elder Scrolls wannabe?

It's buggy as hell. Very unbalanced, and has dumb AI. The world is generic and soulless. It's basically Aralon with better graphics.

A lot of people are buying it because of how pretty it is, and then try to convince themselves its a good game, instead of accepting the fact they wasted $7.

Pookum posted:

If you never played Bastion, you'll enjoy it. If you've previously played it on console, you'll be let down how the touch controls make the game less enjoyable.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I'm a huge fan of Dungeon Keeper and Dwarf Fortress. Wondering if there are any games I can get for my iPhone along those lines. I mean, Dungeon Keeper seems like it would be a perfect fit.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Voodoo posted:

Spent 20 min typing each one of these on my mini. All taken :(.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Got my girlfriend Scoops for her first iPhone and she thought it was some weird penis game at first.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Pookum posted:

I thought Bastion didn't even play on a 4

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chinaman7000 posted:

Got my girlfriend Scoops for her first iPhone and she thought it was some weird penis game at first.

:getin:

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
I feel like we should do a forums GOTY thread for iOS games. It's like the only platform that I play games on these days, so I think it would be pretty cool to vote and discuss.

Pray For Death
Dec 28, 2012

Parkingtigers posted:

How is that new Ravensword game? I ask because I recently tried booting up Aralon, which I was gifted when it first came out, and it's unplayable garbage. When it came out it was a novelty for being a full 3D adventure game on a platform that didn't really have such things, but when you judge it on its own merits it's a bag of arse.

Wait for bug fixes, and possibly a price drop. The combat is more fun than Aralon, and the graphics are nice with a good draw distance. It still definitely feels like a poor man's elder scrolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

The iOS Games Megathread: Look How Wrong You Are

• Locked thread