Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

PopeCrunch posted:

Yeah gently caress that shipping on the whole works is going to be UNSANE because the chest itself is so large. Parting this out if anyone wants any of the individual games or the system or whatev

I sent you an email about it. I don't have Platinum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

Heads up, the Gamestop dump of PS2 games continues. The buy 2 get 2 free sale ended yesterday but they changed it out for but 1 get 1 free with no price restriction.

Same caveats as before: you probably won't get cases for the games. The way the site calculates the discount is that the cheapest games are the free ones so you'll need to carefully plan out your orders. Order more than $25 worth of games (so $12.50 total order) and you should get free shipping. The low end of the bargain bin is pretty picked over at this point but there's still good stuff to be found.

I have $28 sitting in my cart and it still wants to add on shipping. Maybe it's based on ordering a certain number?

H1KE
May 7, 2007

Somehow, I don't think they'd approve the franchise...

Just spent my $30 voucher at the store up the road.

Pretty happy overall. Anyone have ideas on removing the black texta on Rad Racer, without screwing up the label? In the meantime, gonna fire these bad boys up and have a play. :v:

E: Well poo poo. I think both my NES just gave out. Faint burning smell, flashing video / red light. Rygar worked and was playable, but then went to change games and started flashing on both. Time to get some bits and open them I guess.

E2: The body count rises. Master System has a dodgy power connection, causing a fuzzy image. Sound works great though, but if I so much as breathe on the AC socket, it resets. :(

H1KE fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jan 2, 2013

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

iastudent posted:

I have $28 sitting in my cart and it still wants to add on shipping. Maybe it's based on ordering a certain number?

Use promo code SAVER... unless that expired yesterday, which it might have.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

iastudent posted:

Maybe that was a deal that expired at the end of December as well... :(

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I put in the code and volia, it gave me free shipping. It says it's supposed to expire on 12/31/2012 but either they forgot to deactivate it or it somehow was carried over because of the New Year's holiday.

I knew I was gonna use that gift card I got for something, but didn't quite expect to fall back into this.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

H1KE posted:

Anyone have ideas on removing the black texta on Rad Racer, without screwing up the label?
Rubbing alcohol and a q-tip should work as long as you're careful (although I've never damaged a label itself with this method, so you should be fine).

sandpiper
Jun 1, 2007

hhehehehehe

Found this in Chinese market while scouring stores, turns out that it's legit (This version is distributed by Joyoland and theres a bunch of different distributors w/ different box art) cause China got this PC version.

Not exactly 'retro' but I found it interesting.

sandpiper fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Jan 2, 2013

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

H1KE posted:

Pretty happy overall. Anyone have ideas on removing the black texta on Rad Racer, without screwing up the label? In the meantime, gonna fire these bad boys up and have a play. :v:
using a fuzzy image. Sound works great though, but if I so much as breathe on the AC socket, it resets. :(

"Goo Gone". Use a very small amount because it can be greasy sometimes. It wipes ink away like nothin'.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

sandpiper posted:

Found this in Chinese market while scouring stores, turns out that it's legit (This version is distributed by Joyoland and theres a bunch of different distributors w/ different box art) cause China got this PC version.

They also got a PC port of one of Zero no Kiseki, I think. One of the "PSP only" Trails games, anyway.

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer
So, this thread is dangerous. I've been reading it, and loving all the old consoles. Then my friends start talking to me about how they are throwing away their old consoles and games, and, well.. now I've snagged a 2600 and games he was going to throw out, and another friend's Sega, PS1, and SNES.

SNES: Games are Tetris 2, Earthworm Jim 2, Super Mario All Stars, Chrono Trigger, and Zelda.

Genesis: Games are Sunset Riders, some football game, and Chakan

PS1: Games not shown, I left them in the car and its cold right now

Haven't picked up the 2600 yet, or I'd share pics as well. I don't even know where or how I will play these yet! I have no Trinitron or place for one!

SassyRobot
Jan 19, 2007

ANGRY WASHING duh-duh duh-duh duh-DUH!

Finagle posted:

Haven't picked up the 2600 yet, or I'd share pics as well. I don't even know where or how I will play these yet! I have no Trinitron or place for one!

Depending on the model it won't look that bad on a modern TV via coaxial... a bit noisy, yes, but usable. The 7800 looked okay on my LCD but the image keeps jumping up and down every few seconds which is really distracting :( it looks gorgeous on the CRT though. Towering Inferno and Worm War I are loving awesome :3:.

I got both of my wireless PS2 controllers working again :toot:! Unfortunately I misplaced the back for one and kinda can't find it. Oops.

SassyRobot fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jan 2, 2013

sandpiper
Jun 1, 2007

hhehehehehe
That is one gross looking SNES.

fatpat268
Jan 6, 2011
Holy hell, why can't my friends have old consoles they're willing to throw out?

To be fair, even if they did, their only games would probably be madden and nba. Heh.

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer

sandpiper posted:

That is one gross looking SNES.

Yeah, all of the consoles need some serious cleaning. I took the pictures this morning before work, so I haven't had a chance to wipe them down/douse them with bleach.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Earthbound auction I put up ended last night. Once the money goes from paypal to my bank account I can start looking for a SD2SNES. I noticed that both retrogate and Stone Age Gamer are out of stock. Does anyone know of any other online shops that carry it?

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

The Earthbound I ordered off eBay a few weeks ago almost got lost, the rear end in a top hat who did the auction only put my first name on the package, and not my last name. There's quite a few people with my first name in our office.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Crimson Harvest posted:

Earthbound auction I put up ended last night. Once the money goes from paypal to my bank account I can start looking for a SD2SNES. I noticed that both retrogate and Stone Age Gamer are out of stock. Does anyone know of any other online shops that carry it?

I've been keeping an eye on this since I'm hoping to get one soon as well, but there aren't really other North American stores (there are a bunch in Europe that'd probably be murder on shipping and duties, and come in PAL cartridge cases). More boards are supposedly going to be ready some time this month, with Stone Age Gamer's Deluxe Edition tentatively planned for February/March.

univbee fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jan 2, 2013

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Watching the latest SA translated episode of Gamecenter CX (episode was Ninja Spirit) it hit me: I need a PC Engine. Hucards are just so neat.

I'm going to have to pay an arm and a leg for one, right? Even more so if I want it region free? :smith:

edit:

\/\/\/ Yeah, I remember someone mentioning Doujindance in the previous thread. Back then it sounded ludicrous that someone would be willing to pay +$200 for a retro console, but now... :retrogames: oh man...

I'm going to Japan soonish and might just blow a sizeable chunk of my travel budget on games. Going through Rakuten it seems most of PC Engine games aren't that expensive, if not in the range of Saturn games (20 yen for CIB neat quality Darkstalkers 2? Sure, I'll take it! :v:)

jyrque fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jan 3, 2013

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

jyrque posted:

Watching the latest SA translated episode of Gamecenter CX (episode was Ninja Spirit) it hit me: I need a PC Engine. Hucards are just so neat.

I'm going to have to pay an arm and a leg for one, right? Even more so if I want it region free? :smith:

Do yourself a favor and save up for this guy. He not only mods his PC Engine Duos to be region-free, but also goes over them with a fine-tooth comb to the point that they look like they're new out of the box.

Just make sure you keep a close eye on him once you're ready. He usually puts up a console for sale every couple weeks but they get snatched up fast.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

SassyRobot posted:

Worm War I :3:.

:hfive:

You're the only person I know who gets it. Much like every other Imagic game (DEMON MOTHERFUCKING ATTACK), WWI owns bones.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Headed out to a few thrift stores today not expecting much...and came back with a CIB Ecco for the Genesis, and 6 CIB Intellivision Sports games. I don't think they're really worth anything but it's kind of neat to have them. Granted I got rid of my Intellivision years ago and don't have any wish to grab another one so if anyone in here actually collects Intellivision stuff let me know, the games are NHL Hockey, NFL Football, NHL Hockey, MLB Baseball, Skiing, and Poker & Blackjack.

I don't suppose anyone has a spare final issue of Nintendo Power or one they'd want to get rid of for not ridiculous ebay prices? I looked everywhere in my podunk area for the last month but I'm assuming scalpers were buying the majority of them.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

Silhouette posted:

:hfive:

You're the only person I know who gets it. Much like every other Imagic game (DEMON MOTHERFUCKING ATTACK), WWI owns bones.

Worm War 1 was developed by Sirius and published by 20th Century Fox. Good game though, sort of a cross between Demon Attack and River Raid.

Imagic was a pretty awesome company too, Riddle of the Sphinx is probably my favorite game of theirs, though they had several pretty good shooters, and Microsurgeon for Intellivision had jaw-droppingly amazing graphics for its day.

SassyRobot posted:

Towering Inferno and Worm War I are loving awesome :3:.

Towering Inferno is indeed awesome.

You know who else made some great 2600 games was Parker Brothers. Reactor and Spider-Man are my favorites, and that Empire Strikes Back game is still pretty nice looking even if it's really repetitive.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

jyrque posted:

edit:

\/\/\/ Yeah, I remember someone mentioning Doujindance in the previous thread. Back then it sounded ludicrous that someone would be willing to pay +$200 for a retro console, but now... :retrogames: oh man...

I'm going to Japan soonish and might just blow a sizeable chunk of my travel budget on games. Going through Rakuten it seems most of PC Engine games aren't that expensive, if not in the range of Saturn games (20 yen for CIB neat quality Darkstalkers 2? Sure, I'll take it! :v:)

$200 for a console is like a joke to me now. Please consider I am far from a wealthy man (hardcore labor worker here) but I am seriously considering a Satellaview that's up on eBay for $350 right now. An add-on, not even a console, and I'm 99% certain I literally can't even do anything with it. :retrogames:

Southpaw Wusky
Oct 23, 2010

Any cheap resource for 32X to model 1 Genesis adapters? The only one I can find is from a foreign seller and ridiculously priced.

Hammond Edgar
Apr 24, 2008

Wotalt posted:

Any cheap resource for 32X to model 1 Genesis adapters? The only one I can find is from a foreign seller and ridiculously priced.
I'm afraid it's not going to get much cheaper than that. Your best bet is this one from noted ebay seller retro_console_accessories. It's not much cheaper than the one you linked ($15 + $2.50 shipping), but at least it's from a US seller. It also features a headphone jack so you can get stereo sound out of the 32x.

Southpaw Wusky
Oct 23, 2010

Hammond Edgar posted:

I'm afraid it's not going to get much cheaper than that. Your best bet is this one from noted ebay seller retro_console_accessories. It's not much cheaper than the one you linked ($15 + $2.50 shipping), but at least it's from a US seller. It also features a headphone jack so you can get stereo sound out of the 32x.

Thanks. Now I continue to shop for its half-decent games, then realise the cable isn't so expensive after all.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Tyson Tomko posted:

Blam! Fire Pro wrestling for the DC, Power Stone for DC, Castlevania 2 for NES, and an NES Max controller! I always thought the Max controllers would be pieces of poo poo but this thing is pretty cool.

Question about the NES Max. Is the red d-pad stick supposed to be loose? I had one in the store I work at and sold it to a guy for five bucks because it seemed cheap and the d-pad stick thing went pretty much with gravity. I still have another so I'm wondering if I can charge a bit more for it (like ten bucks).

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

The one I had as a kid floated like that too. I didn't care for the d-pads (you can also use the black ring around it as one) but the turbo buttons were awesome for Caveman Games. :haw:

scrub lover
Apr 22, 2005

Uncle Jenkins posted:

(right click>view image for huge):

I'm feeling creative and am desperate for an official Sega-brand AC Adapter for a Genesis Model 1/Sega CD. If someone wants a custom Genesis/Mega Drive box like the one I made for Katana Gomai's Secret Santa gift, I'll send them one for the price of an adapter and an empty Genesis box (or Universal game case). I could also make them in exchange for other cool retro-game goodies (such as items from my Elster wish list) but I must stress that my Sega CD is just a useless hunk of plastic at the moment and demands a power source. PM if interested.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Uncle Jenkins posted:

I'm feeling creative and am desperate for an official Sega-brand AC Adapter for a Genesis Model 1/Sega CD. If someone wants a custom Genesis/Mega Drive box like the one I made for Katana Gomai's Secret Santa gift, I'll send them one for the price of an adapter and an empty Genesis box (or Universal game case). I could also make them in exchange for other cool retro-game goodies (such as items from my Elster wish list) but I must stress that my Sega CD is just a useless hunk of plastic at the moment and demands a power source. PM if interested.

You can always try a dual power adapter from here. I was thinking of grabbing one for my Genesis/Sega CD/32x.

Leper Residue posted:

Question about the NES Max. Is the red d-pad stick supposed to be loose? I had one in the store I work at and sold it to a guy for five bucks because it seemed cheap and the d-pad stick thing went pretty much with gravity. I still have another so I'm wondering if I can charge a bit more for it (like ten bucks).

Every Max I've ever used/seen was like that. My cousin swore by them but honestly the dpad was kind of a pain to use. The turbo buttons were great though.

scrub lover
Apr 22, 2005

Lunaris posted:

You can always try a dual power adapter from here. I was thinking of grabbing one for my Genesis/Sega CD/32x.

For that price I could just get an official Ssga adapter off Amazon! My custom art offer is an attempt to avoid blowing 25 bucks.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Leper Residue posted:

Question about the NES Max. Is the red d-pad stick supposed to be loose?

Yes. It was a primitive quasi-stick with no return-to-center capability. It was most useful for RC Pro Am, but even for that either a regular controller or an NES Advantage was the way to go.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Lunaris posted:

Every Max I've ever used/seen was like that. My cousin swore by them but honestly the dpad was kind of a pain to use. The turbo buttons were great though.

Cool, I think I could get some more out of it, but eh. I usually play it by a person by person scenario.

I'll try for ten on the controller, and see what happens from there.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
So when it comes to the genesis are the first-party six-buttons king or is there an even better option? The only others I've seen are those clear six-buttons with the turbo/rapid-fire, the first-party 3-button arcade stick, and the loving Activator. :v:

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar
So around dusk, I made a visit to my neighborhood thrift store. I really, really didn't want to buy another CRT since I have one sitting in the garage (I'm moving soon and waiting to set it back up). But all this Trinitron talk and fear of maybe having to manually degauss my only 7 year old TV (which has a fading corner) made this thing too irresistible.

Besides inevitable RGB mods to my consoles, I just need some BNC adapters. Here's a photo of the back pulled off of another site. Luckily, S-Video is there so I can try it out in the meantime.

The menu was set to Spanish too. That was fun finding in the menu.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
That is coooooooooool.

So I recognize Line C as s-video, are A and B just composite over BNC?

e. Also what are the controls on the front? I imagine the dials are the usual hold/contrast/brightness but what about the buttons?

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar

Code Jockey posted:

e. Also what are the controls on the front? I imagine the dials are the usual hold/contrast/brightness but what about the buttons?

Yeah, that should be just composite over BNC.

Here's a close up of the buttons. The 16:9 button is cool yet pointless, unless I'm going to hook up an Xbox or DVD player.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
For Christmas my brother got me some SNES games: Secret of Evermore, Bassin's Black Bass and Super Ghouls n Ghosts

A friend's boyfriend got me the SFC Mother 2 game, CIB. I know it's not rare like the NA one is, but wow it's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Nice! Secret of Evermore is one of my favorite games of all time. Smashing open the rib cage of a giant spider monster and destroying its heart with a bone your dog found in the jungle :black101:

• Locked thread