Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Well he got out like a nobhead in the end but it was one of his first nobhead shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Hughes has his issues but he's bloody good through the off side from the backfoot. When he is at his best.

c Guptill B Martin

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

It was a rash shot. All cricketers play them. Warner isn't any worse than any other Australian batsman in that regard. Lionel was acting like he is just some maniac.

his scoring rate was more reflective in how Sri Lanka bowled imo.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

god i can't wait for the ashes. if i was a woman my fanny would be literally dripping.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

thehappyprince posted:

god i can't wait for the ashes. if i was a woman my fanny would be literally dripping.

Why are you looking forward to being beaten so much. Some weird fetish ?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Clearly out, the fix is in here. What's Clarke doing so far up the order anyway?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Why are you looking forward to being beaten so much. Some weird fetish ?

You cant seriously think this pack will beat England.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Cat Terrist posted:

c Guptill B Martin

Weren't those balls that sort of caught him in no man's land with his feet. That's the ideal length to bowl to him.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Cat Terrist posted:

England aren't that good. I think we will beat them in Australia unless we get completely brutalised in England. We are also heading in the right direction.
Relax. We got dis.

Bandit Solution
May 6, 2007
Problem solving mixture.

Cat Terrist posted:

England aren't that good either.

e; In fact, before playing against India, England's record since Pakistan was 3 wins, 2 draws and 7 losses where eight of those tests were played against Sri Lanka, West Indies and Pakistan.

Bandit Solution fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 4, 2013

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Ole Hughsey scores some unconvicing runs and Johnson looks like he isn't complete poo poo for a 20 minute passage of play or something and the Australians are having a wank about it. It's all going swimmingly for England at this point.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Lionel RichTea posted:

Ole Hughsey scores some unconvicing runs and Johnson looks like he isn't complete poo poo for a 20 minute passage of play or something and the Australians are having a wank about it. It's all going swimmingly for England at this point.

If we played a fraction better against south africa we would be the world number 1 test team right now.

SA are certainly better than you lot and we did better than expected against them.

Its more the fact England aren't as good as this thread would believe. Are we worse well in a few months we will see.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Australia were good in the first two tests with a depleted side against South Africa. England would have lost 3-0 if they weren't saved by the weather in the second test. Yeah we got rolled in the third but our bowling line up was worse than third string.

I reckon it is going to be close in England and we will win at home.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010

If we played a fraction better against south africa we would be the world number 1 test team right now.

Same goes for England.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Literally every England player would waltz straight into this Australian line up. Perhaps Clarke would get into England's on a good day maybe?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Bandit Solution posted:

England aren't that good either.

e; In fact, before playing against India, England's record since Pakistan was 3 wins, 2 draws and 7 losses where eight of those tests were played against Sri Lanka, West Indies and Pakistan.

You reckon Australia would beat Pakistan away do you, chuckles?

Bandit Solution
May 6, 2007
Problem solving mixture.

Auditore posted:

Same goes for England.

No it doesn't, England were beaten soundly in a series which included an innings and 8 wicket victory.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Are there any good English posters in this thread? At least the Aussie posters will post honest appraisals of their players where as the poms post nothing but hyperbolic praise for even their most mediocre players.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
If this is how bad the thread is now, it'll be a loving disaster in six months time.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

I mean honestly at first I thought BDC was just trolling. That's how little chance I think Australia have. I just don't see what they have to trouble England, home or away.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I'm always honest in my appraisals, unless I choose not to be.

Bandit Solution
May 6, 2007
Problem solving mixture.

Mister Chief posted:

Are there any good English posters in this thread? At least the Aussie posters will post honest appraisals of their players where as the poms post nothing but hyperbolic praise for even their most mediocre players.

There must be a quiet majority of good English posters.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

There just isn't a lot between the top four or so test nations based on where the game is played, weather conditions, etc I think Australia can beat anyone on the day. We are certainly getting better.

What I find weird is that if we aren't blowing teams off the park we are poo poo. This mostly comes from the Australian posters. International cricket is tight right now.

I'm happy with the progress we have made since Clarke took over the captaincy. Most of my gripes are with selection.

We aren't the Australia of a decade ago but we aren't Ireland either. Wait how come the op doesn't mention England lost to Ireland :v:

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010

Bandit Solution posted:

No it doesn't, England were beaten soundly in a series which included an innings and 8 wicket victory.

But still went into the last session of the last two tests still able to win.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Mister Chief posted:

I think you will find that I, thehappyprince, have been quite outspoken in my disregard for the abilities of Ian Bell and Steven Finn, among others. So yeah, I guess that goes to show that it's me. I am the good English poster.

The best English poster.

The best poster.

The best.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

You think Tim Bresnan is good.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Mister Chief posted:

Thanks for backing me up. You won't be forgotten when I'm writing my hall of fame speech, Master chef.

Pig in the City
Oct 7, 2007

That'll do, pig. That'll do.

thehappyprince posted:

Literally every England player would waltz straight into this Australian line up. Perhaps Clarke would get into England's on a good day maybe?

Bahaha you could sell this poo poo on a roadside.

Bandit Solution
May 6, 2007
Problem solving mixture.

Mister Chief posted:

Well, none of England's other quicks average under 30 either.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Pig in the City posted:

What did he say that was wrong? Honestly appraise please.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Pig in the City posted:

Not really sure what that means but I'll assume that you're Australian and therefore it is somehow related to a crime so will just leave it where it is.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Lionel RichTea posted:

Your pace attack isn't really that good. I'd take Australia's at full strength. Especially what we have coming through.

EDIT

According to the ICC test bowler rankings Australia has one bowler in the top five in the world to Englands....zero. oh.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Your pace attack isn't really that good. I'd take Australia's at full strength. Especially what we have coming through.

what is your full strength attack?

Pig in the City
Oct 7, 2007

That'll do, pig. That'll do.

Lionel RichTea posted:

Huss (may he rest in peace) wouldn't make the English squad, Bird/Siddle wouldn't be required, Clarke would have trouble walking into any side.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Fellas can we keep the pommy vs convict argument for the correct time, i.e the Ashes. Right now we are taking on Sri Lanka's deadly pace attack and the English are gearing up to play the might of New Zealand, clearly bigger fish to fry here.

But y'know apart from Cook I seriously think Swann would be one of my first picked from the English side if I could grab him, hell'uvan offie. Besides jokes on everyone else, Johnson bowled terribly and Bird bowled well.

Franko
Apr 25, 2007
Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium* > Cricket Thread 2013: No serious posting please, we're British.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Everyone taking the cricket very seriously today I see. Good for business.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Don't disparage the good name of Timothy Bresnan. Hes the chunky Northerner that we have been waiting for. Everything about him is loveable.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

thehappyprince posted:

what is your full strength attack?

Hard to say because they keep getting injured but something from the pool of Siddle, Pattinson, Starc and Bird I like. With Pat Cummins waiting in the wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

PTizzle posted:

Fellas can we keep the pommy vs convict argument for the correct time, i.e the Ashes. Right now we are taking on Sri Lanka's deadly pace attack and the English are gearing up to play the might of New Zealand, clearly bigger fish to fry here.

But y'know apart from Cook I seriously think Swann would be one of my first picked from the English side if I could grab him, hell'uvan offie. Besides jokes on everyone else, Johnson bowled terribly and Bird bowled well.

I'd take either of the English spinners over Lyon. Hell I'd be drat tempted to bowl four quicks outside of the subcontinent because they only use Lyon in a holding role which can be done by Clarke/Warner/Khawaja (if he gets picked to replace Huss) or Maxwell if Watson ends up dying of injuries.

• Locked thread