Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

All the time.

That's probably why so many people misread the Metal Gear games. Kojima is a very, very silly person, but plays it completely deadpan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I just hope one day he comes out and outright laughs at everyone who missed the MGS series joke, Dark Souls pendant style. Dude needs to smile :unsmith:

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Mister Chief posted:

I got my pins. :dance:

Thank you Chococat.

Same here. Thanks again Chococat!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Ineffiable posted:

Yeah I mean the face goes on all the characters he plays as.

Well yeah, that's sort of why I made that image. Because I knew I wouldn't see anything like it otherwise.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
They mention in the Ninja Spirit episode that there have been previous instances where Arino's commented that he can go home before lunch. Does anyone know which episodes he's said something to that effect? I know Bonanza Bros. had him say that, and I think he said he could go home early in Quest of Ki...

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

FredMSloniker posted:

They mention in the Ninja Spirit episode that there have been previous instances where Arino's commented that he can go home before lunch. Does anyone know which episodes he's said something to that effect? I know Bonanza Bros. had him say that, and I think he said he could go home early in Quest of Ki...

Bonanza Bros. and Quest of Ki were the instances shown in that mini montage.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

xamphear posted:

Same here. Thanks again Chococat!

Same here. Always happy for more GCCX swag. Thanks

mekkanare
Sep 12, 2008
We have detected you are using ad blocking software.

Please add us to your whitelist to view this content.
Arino needs to do another set of replying to his foreign fans. Or at least acknowledge the request for Earthworm Jim :(

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

FredMSloniker posted:

He says something to that effect every second or third episode, he's just almost always wrong.

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
A wild Arino GC-CX figure has appeared on eBay.

$402.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Takarato...#ht_3061wt_1163

Are you a bad enough dude to rescue The Kacho?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Famibomb posted:

$402.

I should have invested heavily in Arino figures before we started the translation project... :v:

On the episode I'm working on now I've just reached the 34 minute mark and subtitle line number 4529. I am taking a day off when this one is over with...

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

I should have invested heavily in Arino figures before we started the translation project... :v:

If the likes of Egashira can get a figma, perhaps Arino will too one day.

Believe....

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Famibomb posted:

$402.

It keeps noting it was "used previously". Used... for what? :gonk:

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011

Bocc Kob posted:

"Suddenly, this man enters..."

:pervert:

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Bocc Kob posted:

For when you need Arino's inspiration of overcoming seemingly impossible obstacles during times where it seems like everything in the world is against you. :unsmith:

At least that's what I hope it was used for... If one of you buys it, please disinfect it immediately. :ohdear:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Famibomb posted:

"Suddenly, this man enters..."

:pervert:

Stuck in a pattern. Stuck in a pattern!

STUCK IN A PATTERN! :gonk:

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Ineffiable posted:

Stuck in a pattern. Stuck in a pattern!

STUCK IN A PATTERN! :gonk:

Kowai!

Finally, that little bit of Japanese I picked up from the show comes in handy.

orochi
Oct 9, 2012

/usr/bin/orochi

Random Stranger posted:

On the episode I'm working on now I've just reached the 34 minute mark and subtitle line number 4529. I am taking a day off when this one is over with...

Hmm...I wonder which episode has that much text. "Famicom Detective Club" perhaps? I didn't see any more Trivia episodes on the list. Not asking for an answer so much as making a guess.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

orochi posted:

Hmm...I wonder which episode has that much text. "Famicom Detective Club" perhaps? I didn't see any more Trivia episodes on the list. Not asking for an answer so much as making a guess.

Either that or Tomato Princess. They're both the only text-based adventure games left I believe.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ineffiable posted:

Either that or Tomato Princess. They're both the only text-based adventure games left I believe.

You're forgetting one obvious one and there's a couple of others that are extremely text heavy but you wouldn't realize it at first (like Go by Train! was).

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
My Retro Game Master DVD just came in the mail!

"Inside Artwork and Subtitle Editing NINA MATSUMOTO" :neckbeard:

What was that DVD ripping software again?

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Bocc Kob posted:

I'm imagining a Toy Story-esque situation here.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Silentman0 posted:

There are a few, but if you just want something simple to create video files then handbrake will do what you want. The alternative is to create disc images with imgburn that you can mount and play, which would be lossless. I would recommend creating disc images so you have a backup in the event your discs get damaged, you can then create whatever video files you want from those images.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Silentman0 posted:

Handbrake. Mister Chief was a doll and gave a bit more information back on this post. Edit: Ah, beaten! I should have refreshed.

Bocc Kob posted:

miscellaneous14 posted:

I'm imagining a Toy Story-esque situation here.

I think we saw two very different movies.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Well, either way that would certainly be an interesting story...

Mr Asshat
Oct 28, 2005
Ninja spirit looks like a pretty drat good game, it there any good way to play it now that doesn't involve me finding a original arcade machine or buying a turbografx 16?

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Mr Asshat posted:

Ninja spirit looks like a pretty drat good game, it there any good way to play it now that doesn't involve me finding a original arcade machine or buying a turbografx 16?

You can buy the Irem Arcade Collection from Doetemu.com. It includes Ninja Spirit and 17 other games from Irem. This is the Arcade version of the game and is played with the Arcade Difficulty. Arino played it on the PC Engine mode which is much easier. I costs $15 regularly, but is 60% off until the 7th of Jan at $6. Pick it up and enjoy many great arcade games from this great Japanese developer.

http://www.dotemu.com/en/download-game/24/irem-arcade-hits

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mr Asshat posted:

It's available on the Wii's virtual console. Ninja Spirit is definitely one of the better action games for the TG-16.

Mr Asshat
Oct 28, 2005

Random Stranger posted:

It's available on the Wii's virtual console. Ninja Spirit is definitely one of the better action games for the TG-16.

Just got it for the virtual console, as a huge fan of side scrolling ninja games i really like this game, thanks for the tip. :)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think Ninja Spirit was delisted from the VC, along with a whole bunch of Irem games, but don't quote me on that.

EDIT: didn't see the above post, guess not!

Mr Asshat
Oct 28, 2005

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I think Ninja Spirit was delisted from the VC, along with a whole bunch of Irem games, but don't quote me on that.

EDIT: didn't see the above post, guess not!

I couldn't find it amongst the european vc games, so i had to use a japanese account to get it.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

joek0 posted:

You can buy the Irem Arcade Collection from Doetemu.com. It includes Ninja Spirit and 17 other games from Irem. This is the Arcade version of the game and is played with the Arcade Difficulty. Arino played it on the PC Engine mode which is much easier. I costs $15 regularly, but is 60% off until the 7th of Jan at $6. Pick it up and enjoy many great arcade games from this great Japanese developer.

http://www.dotemu.com/en/download-game/24/irem-arcade-hits

:aaa:

I'd probably pay $6 for In the Hunt alone. Thanks tons for this.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gentlemen, start your marathon seasons one through nine viewing parties! The long awaited missing episode is here as RoninDRE has brought you Princess Tomato and the Salad Kingdom.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 630.77 MB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download

Three more episodes through 101 to go...

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Well, congratulations. Take a break, you've earned it (thanks as always).

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for all the subs man~!

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
Domo Arigato Tossed-Salad Tomato.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

This game. Man, gently caress this game.

... still going to watch immediately, though.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Well I suddenly know what I'm doing with my Sunday! Thanks, SA-GCCX!

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I just finished watching (or rewatching since I've already seen the raw version) the episode. Thank you guys once again for another great job, especially on a text heavy game like this. :)

I am a little confused, though... During the rock paper scissor segments, does Arino have to match which direction the enemy's spinning head points? I've never played the US version, so I have no idea what that part is about. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapamN
Jan 10, 2008
About ripping the DVD using Handbrake:

The default settings of Handbrake, if your trying to preserve the interlaced encoding exactly, set the field order of the output file wrong. When I tried to watch the video back with Bob deinterlacing (to get 60 FPS video) in VLC, the motion was very stuttery because of this. To fix it, go to the Advanced tab of Handbrake, and add ":tff" to the end of the command line at the bottom (if the command line is completely blank, leave out the colon). This will have Handbrake set the correct interlace mode in the video, fixing any post-encode deinterlacing problems.

Edit: It looks like only disc 2 needs this, for some reason?

TapamN fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 7, 2013