Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Hogburto posted:

Speaking of new threads, what's on the to-do list for next version of SABnzbd+? Polished as it is, there's always the next thing.
Shypike has a list, but I personally think SABnzbd is drat near close to Done.

I'd like a responsive-design theme to replace Plush, and that's about it. There's one being worked on here, but idunno if they'll manage to cram all the functionality from Plush in there.

Hogburto posted:

And back-up server prioritization, of course.
That's been requested recently. I think last report was it would be difficult to implement, but not impossible. With how providers are going these days, it might become a necessity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Why? It's not 2005 any more. You can automate all that stuff now.

inpheaux posted:

Could you elaborate a bit as to why you've stuck with them for all this time? The fact that SABnzbd did what those two apps did automatically was why I switched in the first place.

I used SABnzbd for a bit a couple years back, liked it quite a bit, even got my roommate to switch to it. Then SABnzbd started having a variety of issues with completions, extractions, deleted files, etc. and I didn't feel like putting in the effort to troubleshoot, especially when I never had problems with NOMP+PNR.

I realize I could use a more efficient/automated process, but I don't feel like I'm wasting that much time with my current setup.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

MrCodeDude posted:

I used SABnzbd for a bit a couple years back, liked it quite a bit, even got my roommate to switch to it. Then SABnzbd started having a variety of issues with completions, extractions, deleted files, etc. and I didn't feel like putting in the effort to troubleshoot, especially when I never had problems with NOMP+PNR.

I realize I could use a more efficient/automated process, but I don't feel like I'm wasting that much time with my current setup.

A couple years is a long time for software that is frequently updated. I suspect you wouldn't have those problems anymore.

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005

Vykk.Draygo posted:

A couple years is a long time for software that is frequently updated. I suspect you wouldn't have those problems anymore.

Probably, but if I'm perfectly satisfied with my current setup, I don't see the need to switch.

eames
May 9, 2009

xgalaxy posted:

I didn't even know about Lazy Librarian. Too bad the project looks dead...

The original one is, but someone forked the original project. It seems to be pretty functional and has a nice theme now.

https://github.com/LibrarianMike/LazyLibrarian

Unfortunately I wasn't be to find a decent tracker with the content I want, so I uninstalled the whole thing again.

It does fetch an awful lot of data from goodreads.com using what appears to be a hardcoded developer API key. Their API terms clearly state:

Goodreads posted:

In order to use the Goodreads API, you agree to:
1. Not request any method more than once a second. Goodreads tracks all requests made by developers.
So that looks like a ticking time bomb to me.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else having troubles logging into nzb.su, I can't even use the recover password link it just sends the email but no updated password. I had VIP status there as well, unless for some reason they are culling those now too.

Syano
Jul 13, 2005
Nope. Logged right in

Altimeter
Sep 10, 2003

Flaggy posted:

Anyone else having troubles logging into nzb.su, I can't even use the recover password link it just sends the email but no updated password. I had VIP status there as well, unless for some reason they are culling those now too.

I had the same thing (VIP and no working password recovery) I sent an email to root@nzb.su but I never heard back...

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I know they were purging accounts with "fake" emails, even if they had VIP I think.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kri kri posted:

I know they were purging accounts with "fake" emails, even if they had VIP I think.

I had a gmail email,this has happened once before where the server wasn't sending out the new passwords. I have an email in to the above email address but if you haven't heard back I am not holding up much hope.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
And never mind, looks like they fixed it. I was able to log back in.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
I have a strange problem with duplicates. Lets say I go to nzb.su, find a nzb I want. I click on the yellow sab icon to send it to sabconnect which sends it to sabnzbd. Now, sabnzbd downloads it, but for whatever reason quite often I get dublicates where sabnzbd downloads another release of the same file right after the one I send to sabconnect, without me doing anything. That happens on my laptop where I download manually and even if I use sickbeard with sabnzbd on my netbook.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Your original download doesn't contain an nzb file that extracts to a folder you are monitoring for nzb files does it?

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
That could be it. I basically had set d:\ for everything (complete/incomplete/watched)

Ash.W
Aug 2, 2004

bonk bonk
Easynews is becoming...pretty bad. It's still worth the $12 a month or whatever, but overall it's got worse for a year or 2 now. I do love the web interface, though...it's so simplistic. Does anywhere else offer something like that?

monkeybounce
Feb 9, 2007
I feel like this is a very stupid question, but has anyone figure out how to stop SpotWeb from showing anything until after someone has logged in? I want to make it accessible to a few friends, but I don't like the idea of it being visible to the world.

longview
Dec 25, 2006

heh.

monkeybounce posted:

I feel like this is a very stupid question, but has anyone figure out how to stop SpotWeb from showing anything until after someone has logged in? I want to make it accessible to a few friends, but I don't like the idea of it being visible to the world.

Change the group membership of the anonymous user to Anonymous user - closed system.

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Deceive, inveigle, obfuscate.
While poking around on Sick Beard, I've just come across the Notifications options. Having notifications sent to my Android phone sounds like a great idea, but I'm not sure what app to get. I'm leaning towards Pushover, but does anyone else have any particular recommendations?

modeski fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 3, 2013

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

modeski posted:

While poking around on Sick Beard, I've just come across the Notifications options. Having notifications sent to my Android phone sounds like a great idea, but I'm not sure what app to get. I'm leaning towards Pushover, but does anyone else have any particular recommendations?

Personally i just setup sabnzbd to email me.

monkeybounce
Feb 9, 2007

longview posted:

Change the group membership of the anonymous user to Anonymous user - closed system.

THANK YOU! Not exactly the most intuitive of systems, but working pretty well so far.

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Don Lapre posted:

Personally i just setup sabnzbd to email me.

Of course! Don't know why I didn't think of this before. SABnzbd isn't connecting to the mail server, though, and I'm not sure why. 98% sure that the settings are correct.

EDIT: Might be something to do with port forwarding and/or other networking shenanigans. Shall investigate.
EDIT2: Ah, had to add port.

modeski fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 4, 2013

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I use Pushover.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

I use notify my android, works very well with sick beard.

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Thanks, Don Lapre. I'd much prefer to have notifications for all downloads, not just TV shows, so I've successfully set up SABnzbd to email a new Gmail account which my phone checks every five minutes. If there's something new there I get a notification. And all for free!

dox
Mar 4, 2006

Thermopyle posted:

I use Pushover.

Another Pushover user here. It works extremely well although the email process would work just about the same. The Pushover iOS App is simple and serves its simple purpose.. and has support for Couchpotato as well. I haven't had any issues.

On a sidenote, Thundernews has treated me pretty well ever since I began using Usenet back around Black Friday in September. The ease of automation with Sickbeard and Couchpotato is magnificent and I can't believe I waited/kept manually doing it for so long.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

For anyone who has a Tweaknews account, how do you like it? I'm aware they still do takedowns but the process doesn't seem automated like Astraweb. Since my month with them just expired, I'm thinking of jumping ship. Free trial is a bit slow though.

Jaketeck
Jul 6, 2004

<3 Robots

Milky_Sauce posted:

It's a bit weird. When I go to the "incomplete" folder, the total file size is nowhere near the total amount it's saying (though it's more than just a few MB). I have deleted the completed folder if that's what was suggested. I'm very confused because it only seems to happen on certain stuff, and not on others.

I have been having the same problem. I just cleared my history (its was close to 500 pages). I'll update if it works or not.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

Roving Reporter posted:

For anyone who has a Tweaknews account, how do you like it? I'm aware they still do takedowns but the process doesn't seem automated like Astraweb. Since my month with them just expired, I'm thinking of jumping ship. Free trial is a bit slow though.

I bought a cheap subscription through them (I'm on my phone, but it's their "basic" package) and it was slow as advertised. Customer service is good, and in English. I've had pretty got luck with completes and retention. As long as you know your needs for speed they are great.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Flaggy posted:

I am having this exact problem :(

Are there any alternatives that have a similarly user friendly layout?

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spuckuk posted:

I am having this exact problem :(

Are there any alternatives that have a similarly user friendly layout?

It started working for me. Use the request password link and than I emailed them and they sent me an updated password.

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!
My nzb.su account got wacked. SB Claims the following: Authentication error: Your API key for NZB.su is incorrect, check your config.

And my saved password/username doesn't work, nor the email address. Shame! So I assume it's not just you.

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009
No problems logging into nzb.su for me.

Donald Duck
Apr 2, 2007

Roving Reporter posted:

I have had much less completion issues since I added a block account from them. Speed is iffy at times for me though. (As in I get 3-4mbps rather than the 8 I'd expect)

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

does anyone use SickBeard Launcher in Mountain Lion? I am running Lion ATM and figure its time to upgrade but dont want to do it if I lose my automated start of sickbeard, as my PC is on a power schedule to turn on and download stuff before I get home from work.

EDIT: Tweeted to the developer, and he updated it to work with ML. pretty cool guy!

Laserface fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 6, 2013

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Laserface posted:

does anyone use SickBeard Launcher in Mountain Lion? I am running Lion ATM and figure its time to upgrade but dont want to do it if I lose my automated start of sickbeard, as my PC is on a power schedule to turn on and download stuff before I get home from work.

Just use this

http://www.fieg.nl/auto-start-sickbeard-at-login-on-mac-osx

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Cool, thanks, thats pretty simple.

Is there anything else I should be wary of when upgrading to ML from Lion? such as python/cheetah stuff getting replaced?

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Any chance any of you were using nzb IRC chans? Seems like the last one just went key only. So much for that.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I'm getting newznab set up and it honestly doesn't seem that hard, I'm not sure why everyone was jumping on spotweb?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Im not sure why anyone is bothering with either, but then again I have nzbs.org access.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Moist von Lipwig posted:

I'm getting newznab set up and it honestly doesn't seem that hard, I'm not sure why everyone was jumping on spotweb?

I didn't setup spotweb because newznab is difficult or something, it fills a different niche (user curated content).