Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Robert Denby posted:

So a lot of people have been saying that "Movie 43" looks like some continuation of the apparently godawful "Underground Comedy Movie". Well, guess what...

This movie is literally from the people behind "Underground Comedy Movie", and I'm willing to guess its been shelved for a few years but is now getting a release thanks to the similar "Movie 43".

EDIT: I just noticed something odd. Ari Shaffir is top-billed in the credit block at the bottom (in addition to being a co-writer), but is not featured at the cast list on the top of the poster. Also, Freestyle Releasing is the same distributor that put "The Nutcracker in 3D", "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell", "In the Name of the King", "Postal", "Seed", "Dragon Wars", and "Delgo" into theaters. Hoo boy...

Rob Schneider as Paul Giamatti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

This is the DVD version, but the VHS poster for The Blob remake always just gave me the creeps as a kid. Dunno if this is the same poster for the movie when it came out in theaters through.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

kiimo posted:

What the gently caress is Adrien Brody doing in this?

Lots of gay jokes apparently. Why is Vince Offer still allowed to get money for stuff.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Sirotan posted:

That looks incredible. Can I ask about the mat? Did you have it professionally framed or did you paint it yourself? I'd love to try doing that myself for a frame job but am not sure about the logistics.

It was done professionally. You might be able to achieve the effect more easily yourself by using two mattes placed on top of each other.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

I'm listening to your MIND!!!

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I expect that I'll like this movie. But while out for a run one morning I saw this poster on the side of a bus shelter and as I was approaching, it looked as if mini-Emma Stone was perched like a parrot on Gosling's arm.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Lizard Combatant posted:

Challenge:

Does anyone dare to contest the perfection of the Jurrasic Park poster? Is there another that you believe tops it in terms of message and design?

I've tried and nothing comes close (apart from Clifford, obviously).

Bit late, but:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I've always loved the original Dawn of the Dead poster

Not as good as Jurassic Park, but I think it is up among the very best

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Earlier I said that Dracula Has Risen from the Grave has the best tagline ever.

This is a REALLY close 2nd

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Binary Logic posted:

I expect that I'll like this movie. But while out for a run one morning I saw this poster on the side of a bus shelter and as I was approaching, it looked as if mini-Emma Stone was perched like a parrot on Gosling's arm.

Going to the premiere after-party in an hour so thanks for the small talk ammo!

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Rirse posted:

This is the DVD version, but the VHS poster for The Blob remake always just gave me the creeps as a kid. Dunno if this is the same poster for the movie when it came out in theaters through.
From looking online, the VHS cover is pretty much the same thing. Here's the theatrical poster for the '88 version, which really resembles "The Human Centipede" poster.

For reference:

Here's a hillarious VHS cover for the '58 original:

That's just the '58 poster with a badly composited Steve McQueen on it.

Cinnamon Bastard
Dec 15, 2006

But that totally wasn't my fault. You shouldn't even be able to put the car in gear with the bar open.

muscles like this? posted:

It might be a sequel but that sounds like the end of Warriors of the Wasteland which is available from Rifftrax.

Yeah, I might have had the wrong movie, but it looks very similar. The one I'm talking about had the hero rig his car door to eject like a battering ram as part of his very ill-fated plan.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Cinnamon Bastard posted:

Yeah, I might have had the wrong movie, but it looks very similar. The one I'm talking about had the hero rig his car door to eject like a battering ram as part of his very ill-fated plan.

That's it. It's rather an unusual Post-Apocalyptic film because of the anal rape of the hero (whose kinda a coward), and that the real hero is Nadir, the specatularly-adorned lone wanderer of the wasteland archer played by Fred Williamson.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
This film looks like cheap garbage but after only seeing the poster I instantly appreciated it for the ensuing flood of MRA tears.

And youtube does not disappoint!

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

t3h z0r posted:

This film looks like cheap garbage but after only seeing the poster I instantly appreciated it for the ensuing flood of MRA tears.

Men's rights is the most ridiculous thing I've ever come across. Otherkin is more legit than men's rights. They can't understand or handle that feminism is a thing BECAUSE of inherent male privilege.

The funniest thing about the people bitching about this movie is that it felt, at least to me, like it was made from a MRA perspective. Women taking advantage of and killing men with their sexy ways? Yeah, that's totally some feminist propaganda.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Binary Logic posted:

The removed cigarette in this poster is like a phantom limb. It's been weirding me out the past week I've been passing it every day.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Who okay-ed that poster? It looks like a love story with dreamy Ryan Gosling staring into forever. Not what comes to mind when I think of Gangster Squad.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
The perspective in that poster is so hosed. The more I look at it the less sense it makes! :psyduck:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It looks like a poster for a quick remake of a hammy Richard Gere erotic thriller from the 80's.

Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone in...

Gigolo 1947.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Vegetable posted:

Who okay-ed that poster?

Ask kiimo.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Binary Logic posted:

His face looks like someone stoved it in with a brick! :psyduck:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

His face looks like someone stoved it in with a brick! :psyduck:

Nope. :downs:

Now it does :smug:

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Robert Denby posted:

So a lot of people have been saying that "Movie 43" looks like some continuation of the apparently godawful "Underground Comedy Movie". Well, guess what...

This movie is literally from the people behind "Underground Comedy Movie", and I'm willing to guess its been shelved for a few years but is now getting a release thanks to the similar "Movie 43".

EDIT: I just noticed something odd. Ari Shaffir is top-billed in the credit block at the bottom (in addition to being a co-writer), but is not featured at the cast list on the top of the poster. Also, Freestyle Releasing is the same distributor that put "The Nutcracker in 3D", "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell", "In the Name of the King", "Postal", "Seed", "Dragon Wars", and "Delgo" into theaters. Hoo boy...

Jesus loving Christ.

I've seen worse films posted in here, but something about this is bleaker than I can really deal with.

I hope Brody got a good paycheque or at least had a good time. No-one deserves this.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

echoplex posted:

Jesus loving Christ.

I've seen worse films posted in here, but something about this is bleaker than I can really deal with.

I hope Brody got a good paycheque or at least had a good time. No-one deserves this.

He looks like he's had a laugh with it, but it's the kind of laugh you'd never want anyone but your closest, drunkest friends to see. Brody's always so drat charming, even when delivering material that could have been lifted from that "kid jokes" tumblr.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

t3h z0r posted:

The Katana + handgun motif makes me think of the poster for Versus (2000):

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Kevar posted:

Men's rights is the most ridiculous thing I've ever come across. Otherkin is more legit than men's rights. They can't understand or handle that feminism is a thing BECAUSE of inherent male privilege.

I doubt it's so complex. It's more like they wonder why all the attention is put on things like fair wages and positive gender roles in the media when there's still the unresolved issue of that loving slut Tina not puttin' out even after I paid for my half of dinner and drove her home.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Lance Streetman posted:

Bit late, but:

Whoever came up with that tagline deserves one million dollars and a resounding mid air high five.

evanstheone
Jul 4, 2010
I have this in my room

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Robert Denby posted:

From looking online, the VHS cover is pretty much the same thing. Here's the theatrical poster for the '88 version, which really resembles "The Human Centipede" poster.

For reference:

I'm pretty sure there are quite a few other posters just like this. Like, exactly like this.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

davidspackage posted:

Whoever came up with that tagline deserves one million dollars and a resounding mid air high five.

Stan Lee awaits your check and mid-air persona.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm pretty sure there are quite a few other posters just like this. Like, exactly like this.

I think that whole trend started or really coalesced around the time of The Dark Knight's brilliant Joker teaser:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Young Freud posted:

Nope. :downs:

Now it does :smug:

The typography on this is terrible, I have to say. Really distracts in all the worst ways.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

I was impressed by how very forward-thinking Hitchcock must have been, but then I remembered that bizarre movie. What where they thinking?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I like to imagine Gus Van Saint riding a wave of hype and "you can do no wrong" coming off of Good Will Hunting coupled with a complete inability to realize how burnt out he was that his instincts were telling him "good, shot-for-shot is what you want. Good...."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

mind the walrus posted:

I like to imagine Gus Van Saint riding a wave of hype and "you can do no wrong" coming off of Good Will Hunting coupled with a complete inability to realize how burnt out he was that his instincts were telling him "good, shot-for-shot is what you want. Good...."

He thought he was as good as Hitchcock

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

He thought he was as good as Hitchcock

No poo poo. He even included himself in the travel agency office scene, supposedly talking to Hitchcock off-screen, in a reverse of Hitch's cameo in the original film.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Young Freud posted:

No poo poo. He even included himself in the travel agency office scene, supposedly talking to Hitchcock off-screen, in a reverse of Hitch's cameo in the original film.

So that, actual nudity, and Bates masterbating are the only diffrences between that piece of poo poo and the classic?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

bobkatt013 posted:

So that, actual nudity, and Bates masterbating are the only diffrences between that piece of poo poo and the classic?

Nope, random flashes of a nude woman and a cow when the detective is killed is another inane change that comes to mind..

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Nope, random flashes of a nude woman and a cow when the detective is killed is another inane change that comes to mind..

Ha ha holy poo poo, but this conversation is making me want to watch some Hitchcock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

bobkatt013 posted:

Bates masterbating

This change was a) hilarious but also b) stupid as hell because the murder was Bates's sexual release. How did Van Sant not get that??