Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
Welcome to the MMA gifs thread!

(Random fan at UFC 15 who was later imprisoned for receiving stolen property.)

This is the thread for posting gifs related to MMA. I will be posting a lot but anyone is welcome to toss some in. Requests are welcome, although I won't be much better than what you could get from google in that regard. I don't make gifs, mostly because I generally don't have access to a feed that would let me grab and edit them, so if someone with more resources than I do wants to get in on the act it would be appreciated.

(UFC 83, Kalib Starnes literally runs away from Nate Quarry.)

Any gifs related to MMA are fine, no matter how tangential.

(Rory MacDonald cageside at UFC 152.)

I will ask that people limit the amount of gifs they post to five per post, to prevent computers from exploding.

(Genki Sudo vs. Craig Oxley, Pancrase – Trans 6)

I also encourage theme posting and posting of historic gifs. My next post will be a Palhares post! I will also try to do post-event stuff where I cover the highlights of events but I can't guarantee I will be 100% thorough so if other people want to chip in that's great. If you do post something, try to put in some

(Palhares vs. Dan Schon at 2011 ADCC)

For hosts imgur seems to be good and minus.com can be used for really large images.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Rousimar Palhares is a one dimensional MMA fighter. He subs people, a lot.

(Rousimar vs. Paul Branch at UFC Live: Sanchez vs. Kampmann)

But he's also dumb.

(Rousimar tries to stop a fight to talk to the ref during his fight against Nate Marquardt at UFC Fight Night: Marquardt vs. Palhares. Nate takes advantage.

Dumb and mean.

(vs. Tomasz Drwal at UFC 111)

And very very dumb indeed.

(vs. Dan Miller at UFC 134)

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The World's Most Dangerous Fighter, Kimbo Slice, during a hard-fought victory over fellow competitor Houston Alexander:

Fat Twitter Man fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 9, 2013

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I've been waiting for this thread.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

Fat Twitter Man posted:

The World's Most Dangerous Fighter, Kimbo Slice, after during a hard-fought victory over fellow competitor Houston Alexander:

HulkaMatt posted:

I've been waiting for this thread.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I made this after FOX 5 but forgot to post it.

Rory rules. My bad about file the size.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
Hey Bisping, check out this cool internet picture

:unsmigghh:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
This is Rustam Khabilov. He has had in total one UFC fight that lasted less than half a round. In those 150 seconds this happened.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

edit: screwed up the link and replaced it with something else. If you're wondering why the quotes are different.

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jan 13, 2013

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

drat you Jamie Varner for denying us yet another electrifying Brazilian striker :bahgawd:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Seltzer posted:

I made this after FOX 5 but forgot to post it.

I keep expecting text saying "BJ Penn 1978-2012" to appear at the end.

Cage Justice!

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!

That is all.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

This could use floating "nice kick!" text

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
More Kimbo/Houston (aka The Best Fight)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Hey, who wants to see Stefan Struve fall down into a floppy, baby giraffe heap? EVERYONE!

Fun fact for the newbies - Struve only lost 2 of those fights!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Could someone post the Chael Sonnen missed backfist from UFC 148?

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
When Dan Henderson gets a punch to the dome,he wrestles.

Trashweight is the funniest weight class.

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
Ben Rothwell's KO of Brendan Schaub, the best KO of 2012

jscolon2.0 posted:

Could someone post the Chael Sonnen missed backfist from UFC 148?

Belle Isle Tech fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jan 10, 2013

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
Striking in MMA

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Let us take a moment to recognize the One True Champion and his incredible title run.

Linked for huge.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Mirko CroCop hitting Mark Hunt with Cemetary.

Not pictured: Mark Hunt looking back up, smiling, and getting right back into the fight because he is Mark Hunt, Mark Hunt is the best, and Mark Hunt is two-three fights away from the heavyweight championship while CroCop has been cut from UFC and retiring.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

MysteryNad posted:

Striking in MMA

To be fair, this is one of the King of The Cage outdoor events where there was a downpour and they didn't cancel because that would have meant refunding ticketholders. So the PVC cage floor is soaked and everyone is skating. That's why the ref is wearing a loving poncho.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
drat this thread looks like it's going to be awesome

I don't watch MMA but these gifs are going to amuse me forever.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

fatherdog posted:

To be fair, this is one of the King of The Cage outdoor events where there was a downpour and they didn't cancel because that would have meant refunding ticketholders. So the PVC cage floor is soaked and everyone is skating. That's why the ref is wearing a loving poncho.

Slap fight in the rain!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
In two weeks current lightweight champion Frankie Edgar (the actual belt is held by someone else, but that is irrelevant) will be looking to unify his championship by moving down a weight class to fight reigning UFC Featherweight Champion Jose Aldo who has been champion for near four years now. You should support Frankie Edgar in this chance for if you do not know MMA you will know Rocky Balboa - that is who Frankie is. A tiny punchman he has the toughest heart out of any fighter, he fought at lightweight for years despite being easily the smallest man in the division because he wanted to prove he could and for all his fights he was the betting underdog. He won. Over and over and over again. He is fast, he has great hands and he has great wrestling despite being outweighed upwards of 20-30 pounds in his fights.

He defeated BJ Penn, called up until then the undefeatable greatest lightweight in history, not once but twice to win the UFC Lightweight Championship.

In his legendary trilogy with Gray Maynard (well 2 and 3 are legendary, 1 more sets the tone) he was on the verge of getting stopped in the first round alone both times through the power of Gray Maynard.

In round 2 of Edgar-Maynard 2 after having a broken nose and losing the first round in every way Edgar did this.

He most recently had a two much series with Benson Henderson (notice all these double matches? Frankie Two-Times is the best) and they had two great fights with each other, the first being more entertaining than the second because it was razor thin close between the two, extremely even and Ben Henderson did an enzuigiri

but the second fight was more decisive with Edgar winning back the title Benson won in the first fight by a close decision. Of course the judges then proceeded to award a disgusting robbery decision for Benson Henderson in the second fight that no one here supports and it needs to be addressed Bendo is well loved on these forums too, it wasn't a bias it was just a pure robbery. The result now is Edgar is going to go fight Jose Aldo. It should be awesome.

Frankie Edgar is pound for pound the best fighter in the world.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Does anyone have UFC 155 where Alan Belcher elbowed Yushin Okami right in the head, while Yushin had his back, and knocked him out but somehow (Kim Winslow?) the fight wasn't stopped?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Alan should have Hieron'd Winslow :smith:

Anyway, now it's time for :siren:YVES EDWARDS APPRECIATION:siren:

Yves is the only Thugjitsu master in the world, and it means he can do the following things:

Counter a spinning backfist with a headkick

Land a jump knee while defending a single leg takedown (I know Urijah Faber also did this, but he didn't KO the dude)

Punch and elbow the hell out of Jeremy Stephens

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Requestin Hendo ending Fedor.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Requestin Hendo ending Fedor.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Thanks. Now requesting that be made the background of PSP.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Black Fedor

Mexican Fedor

Regular Fedor

(I know I'm stealing this from someone, I just don't remember who.)

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Here's a good tumblr blog for this kinda biz.

This is my fav GSP thing. "Oh wow, GSP is on his back, this is new! I wonder how he will react to having a grinder like Fitch on top of hi- oh".

Chris Weidman is "cool"

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 7, 2013

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Here's some suplexes from a fight:

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

A suplex gif thread without Rory's. Cool nerd thread, nerds.

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jan 13, 2013

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Now entering The Machida Era!

There are really dumb guys that leap in face-first at an amazing counter-puncher

So very dumb.

But mainly, it's all about the monkey hugs.

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009
Here's a timeline of suplexes.

Severn.

Barnett.

Randleman.

Rory.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

German suplexes are cool and all, but how about a nice fisherman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

LobsterMobster posted:

Now entering The Machida Era!

• Locked thread