Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lilfut
Nov 25, 2012

is that a visible debug button
seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

I got some mods that made companions of a couple of regular characters (Sydney and Lucy West) when I played Fallout 3 and they're pretty good mods.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

U.T. Raptor posted:

I got some mods that made companions of a couple of regular characters (Sydney and Lucy West) when I played Fallout 3 and they're pretty good mods.

I think I remember playing with those. The problem with a lot of the companion mods is that they all give us a little waifu who is just so loving and sexy and has nothing of substance beyond that. Really it would be amazing to see a companion mod that gave us an actually good companion. One with a story that isn't "oh I'm a badass of the wastes are you lets team up" and hopefully no loving romance.

Lilfut
Nov 25, 2012
Yeah, I'm actually working on a female companion mod of my own right now and I'm already bracing myself for the "WTF NO SEX SCENE" shitstorm when I upload it to Nexus.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Lilfut posted:

Yeah, I'm actually working on a female companion mod of my own right now and I'm already bracing myself for the "WTF NO SEX SCENE" shitstorm when I upload it to Nexus.

Just appear to give into their demands and have whatever dialog tree causes it to just berate them for being a horrible person.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Natalya Fartz posted:

Just appear to give into their demands and have whatever dialog tree causes it to just berate them for being a horrible person.

Have it cause a crash.

Lilfut
Nov 25, 2012

Natalya Fartz posted:

I was also thinking of saying "WELL HERE YOU GO" and having an option where she gives you pity sex if you completely gently caress up all your conversations with her and then refuses to speak with you, help you fight, or give you back your items, but that might be too subtle and it's kind of creepy in its own way anyway.

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !

U.T. Raptor posted:

I don't use companion mods because I don't use companions, but I believe the non-creepy ones are existing characters (Marcus, what's-her-face the trapper in Goodsprings, etc) that have had their voice work chopped up to make a working companion wheel response. Since what they can say is very limited, they generally can't say "Oh courier-san, please put your Fatman in my Vault 69".

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.

quote:

This is a poo resource.

This thread has slowly become my favorite on the forums. I mean, yeah, you're gonna expect some weird poo poo from modders on the internet, but it's the screenshots, mod descriptions, and resulting debate that really catapults things into the bizarre small town on the border of creativity, loneliness, and outright despair for the human race.

Mental Midget fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jan 11, 2013

Lilfut
Nov 25, 2012
So it's not a "mod" exactly, but while I tried to find a better dialogue editor since I finally got fed up with typing nested if/else statements into GECK, I found this spectacularly pointless program.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Well then, I have two mods to create one companion for you! Here (underwear shot here so kinda :nws: and here :nws:

Wait, you said creepy right?

Lilfut
Nov 25, 2012

Natalya Fartz posted:

Well then, I have two mods to create one companion for you! Here (underwear shot here so kinda :nws: and here :nws:

Wait, you said creepy right?

If I had Skyrim I'd honestly download just the first one for the comedy value.

Not the second one, though. Jesus.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Every time I visit this thread I make sure to wipe my history. So much of this should remain unseen, and god help me if someone else sees it.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Lilfut posted:

I was also thinking of saying "WELL HERE YOU GO" and having an option where she gives you pity sex if you completely gently caress up all your conversations with her and then refuses to speak with you, help you fight, or give you back your items, but that might be too subtle and it's kind of creepy in its own way anyway.

She should just look visibly disgusted and walk away.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

QuantaStarFire posted:

I'm not sure Gamebryo is up for "visible disgust" though...

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Lilfut posted:

Put in an entire quest line of random tasks that must be done to win her favor, then make the quest reward her telling the player about how she wishes her boyfriend was as nice as they are.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Underwhelmed posted:

Put in an entire quest line of random tasks that must be done to win her favor, then make the quest reward her telling the player about how she wishes her boyfriend was as nice as they are.

Lilfut I think you've got your solution.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Make her boyfriend an actually nice and intelligent character. Then they cannot blame "girls only want douchebags".

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Make her boyfriend an actually nice and intelligent character. Then they cannot blame "girls only want douchebags".

They will anyway.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

StandardVC10 posted:

I'm not sure Gamebryo is up for "visible disgust" though...

Also, I hate you for that GIS round.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
Who the hell wants an Olivia Wilde companion? I want someone to make an Oscar Wilde companion for some game. Skyrim, New Vegas, it doesn't even really matter

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

redmercer posted:

Who the hell wants an Olivia Wilde companion? I want someone to make an Oscar Wilde companion for some game. Skyrim, New Vegas, it doesn't even really matter

You know that jRPG that took place in Chopin's mind? That but with Oscar Wilde. It needs to happen.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Now you, too, can shield yourself from harm with this dude's teacher.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Someone mentioned up in the thread this bizarre tendency to make mods that make massive amounts of visual changes for no reason. Now I won't make excuses for the potato-putty heads that Bethesda RPGs end up with, but I don't really understand why the Creator of this mod felt the need to redo the faces of more an thousand faces of random people around the wasteland. He constantly mentions how people don't look like how he imagines the voice, which means apparently that all the vaguely bad people have to look ludicrously stereotypical, Others get to melt, and Women get this:
Don't worry though, its non-lore!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Hey, is there a good mod thread anywhere? Or just a general Doom/Quake/id thread anymore? I just wanted to see if there's anything like the graphic updates that people have done for Doom but for the Quake games, and have no idea where I'd start with that.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

TheJoker138 posted:

Hey, is there a good mod thread anywhere? Or just a general Doom/Quake/id thread anymore? I just wanted to see if there's anything like the graphic updates that people have done for Doom but for the Quake games, and have no idea where I'd start with that.

You could try the Early FPS thread

Lilfut
Nov 25, 2012

QuantaStarFire posted:

Yeah, this is the one. The friendzone option is definitely funnier, but this is something I could actually see the character doing.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Lilfut posted:

Yeah, this is the one. The friendzone option is definitely funnier, but this is something I could actually see the character doing.

Considering the "friendzone" is just girls who are too polite to tell you to go the gently caress away, I don't think that flies in the Wasteland. She should just straight-up blow your head off

Lilfut
Nov 25, 2012

redmercer posted:

Considering the "friendzone" is just girls who are too polite to tell you to go the gently caress away, I don't think that flies in the Wasteland. She should just straight-up blow your head off

Now THIS I like.

Also, separate issue related to my mod: on one hand, I'd like to freely release my mod for use by other modders, mainly because I think it'd be cool if someone put in special dialogue for Mina in their custom quest/map/whatever. On the other hand, that does open me up to nude/sexy mods. What should I do?

Lilfut fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 12, 2013

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

redmercer posted:

She should just straight-up blow your head off

Course, this being the Courier, it doesn't take. Still a pretty clear rejection though.

Lilfut
Nov 25, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

Course, this being the Courier, it doesn't take. Still a pretty clear rejection though.

Lone Wanderer, actually. Don't have NV yet. But yeah.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The Lone Badger posted:

So it's a Benny replacement then? :v:

Lilfut
Nov 25, 2012
What do you think of this: you attempt to seduce her, she shoots you and takes off about half your health, then she won't talk to or interact with you for 3 or 4 ingame days, at which point she proceeds to hate your guts. Sound good?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Lilfut posted:

Also, separate issue related to my mod: on one hand, I'd like to freely release my mod for use by other modders, mainly because I think it'd be cool if someone put in special dialogue for Mina in their custom quest/map/whatever. On the other hand, that does open me up to nude/sexy mods. What should I do?

Put poorly-textured Oblivion Gates in every town.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

1stGear posted:

It's a companion mod, so the companion should be an Oblivion Gate. :v:

Lilfut
Nov 25, 2012

1stGear posted:

Yeah, see, that's my problem. If I don't let people use my companion for their nude mods or whatever, am I really that much better than the guy who did that mod?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Lilfut posted:

What do you think of this: you attempt to seduce her, she shoots you and takes off about half your health, then she won't talk to or interact with you for 3 or 4 ingame days, at which point she proceeds to hate your guts. Sound good?

"Shave your neckbeard, then maybe we'll talk."

Lilfut
Nov 25, 2012

Farecoal posted:

"Shave your neckbeard, then maybe we'll talk."

I need to include this line somehow. It'll probably be in a different context, since the mod is at least somewhat serious, but I will include it. Maybe I'll make a neckbearded quest NPC involved in getting Mina to join your party. Maybe I'll also make him a parody of the average Nexus user.

Holy poo poo, you guys are the best brainstorming partners ever.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Lilfut posted:

You could probably script it so she shoots you in both legs crippling them.

This re-delve into Fallout mods reminds me that all the weird poo poo people put in FO3/NV doesn't really stand out as much to me. I guess it's my expectation for a weird grab-bag post apocalypse where boxes of lingerie and cos-play props get found and put into use because they are the least radioactive thing around. I blame Cherry2000 and the like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Lilfut posted:

I need to include this line somehow. It'll probably be in a different context, since the mod is at least somewhat serious, but I will include it. Maybe I'll make a neckbearded quest NPC involved in getting Mina to join your party. Maybe I'll also make him a parody of the average Nexus user.

Holy poo poo, you guys are the best brainstorming partners ever.

Have him hanging outside of Moira's/Mick & Ralph's asking for the weirdest poo poo. "I need 3 meat hooks ideal for inserting into someone's anal cavity."

• Locked thread