Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

daslog posted:

You might want to put some glossy black spray paint over the POR-15 first. In the sun, it turns chalky.

UV rated clear coat.

Also the chalky colour is kinda flat black, and I hear all the cool kids are into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I've rattle canned over chassis saver (cheaper POR) plenty of times and it's fine. My right rear RS quarter panel is all spray over chassis saver, and my legacy rear arches are color match over chassis saver.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Had to fish & wire four new 20amp outlets for my mom. I definetly had my UltimateForceTM skinny jeans on to squeeze through here fifteen times today.

Behold the glorious work area. Half plastic, half dirt. :effort:

I get home and it's loving raining. Great day.

Screw it, getting them done.

Plug stuff together and it still works.

Yeah, rain.

It's very worrying when you're drilling through the floor of your mother's recently renovated living room. Hope you don't want a peep hole to the poo poo-half of the crawlspace if I miss (thankfully I did not on all four attempts :unsmith:).

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Im jealous of all you detail oriented people. I would have thrown them into place with some zip ties and called it done. Those look sweet and done right.

Edit : also had a Subi come in with similar lights installed in the hood scoop. Something different.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Sockington posted:

Had to fish & wire four new 20amp outlets for my mom. I definetly had my UltimateForceTM skinny jeans on to squeeze through here fifteen times today.

As sexy as your Subie handiwork is, I think a picture of those skinny jeans would have been sexier :colbert:

E: specifically, a picture of YOU in the skinny jeans.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

CaseFace McGee posted:

As sexy as your Subie handiwork is, I think a picture of those skinny jeans would have been sexier :colbert:

E: specifically, a picture of YOU in the skinny jeans.

Now that's just getting weird.

I'll see what I can do :v:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I tried to get him to photoshoot while he was live bloggin his work to me, but alas it wasn't in the cards

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Tyvek cutoffs :allears:

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.
Jesus Christ you guys are strange :(

Whatever happened to fetishising this:

?!

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Where the hell is the floor insulation?

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

DJ Commie posted:

Where the hell is the floor insulation?

I don't know about elsewhere but a lot of canadian homes are like this. Generally the floors aren't insulated unless the basement is finished.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Why would you insulate a floor with a crawlspace under it? :confused:

The carpet in my finished basement is insulated but only as far as having underlay, I'm pretty sure. It's a fixed foundation with no crawlspaces.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

My place is like that too, the perimeter is either underground or insulated so the crawlspace is technically heated. In my case it's actually heated because the furnace is down there.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Why would you insulate a floor with a crawlspace under it? :confused:

The carpet in my finished basement is insulated but only as far as having underlay, I'm pretty sure. It's a fixed foundation with no crawlspaces.

Airgap, dirt, and cinderblocks have a pretty low R rating.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
It's a hard sell since they'll never see it and won't immediately notice an improvement.

I've got 9" between our basement and main floor.

Our local has a good view on it:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Bucephalus posted:

Tyvek cutoffs :allears:

How did you know about the Tyvek? :tinfoil:

Here's a day-time after work shot on the grills.

I still need to aim and align them a bit (didn't bother in the rain :effort:).

I also emailed the MTO lady again to see what was up with the MR2. She said she didn't get my first email, so I forwarded her the essay I wrote the first time.

Hopefully she reads it over an grants my wish to just be done with me. :iamafag:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Tyvek coveralls are standard PPE for a lot of jobs/industries, no big secret.

The Chronicles of Sarnia: The Sweating, the Itch, and the Tyvek Wardrobe :haw:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Bucephalus posted:

Tyvek coveralls are standard PPE for a lot of jobs/industries, no big secret.

The Chronicles of Sarnia: The Sweating, the Itch, and the Tyvek Wardrobe :haw:

I meant I wore them while I was screwing around in the rain but only mentioned them to SlowIsFast MotorsportsTM while I was working.

I was wondering how they came up at all :confused: :tinfoil: :confused:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

We all know your secrets.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
You may want to close your blinds. Just sayin'.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

meatpimp posted:

We all know your secrets.

Which dress to pick to go to the ball?

:3:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I don't know if I refuse to see, or demand to see, the contents of the "BIG HAIRY DICKS" drawer. :ohdear:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

meatpimp posted:

I don't know if I refuse to see, or demand to see, the contents of the "BIG HAIRY DICKS" drawer. :ohdear:

Its a mirror.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Viggen posted:

Its a mirror.

This isn't your drawer, blownose. :v:

It always feels weird when someone posts up Micromancer on my FB. Why do people post poo poo like this?

I defended AI's honour by linking my rendition.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Part of me feels bad for him that he has been made the face of the Mental Gun-Owners of North America, he was just trying to have a laugh with some friends :saddowns:.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Sockington posted:

This isn't your drawer, blownose. :v:

It always feels weird when someone posts up Micromancer on my FB. Why do people post poo poo like this?

I defended AI's honour by linking my rendition.

It doesn't matter. The way Micromancer dealt with the initial blowback and several subsequent rounds has made him imperious to any attack.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Tusen Takk posted:

Part of me feels bad for him that he has been made the face of the Mental Gun-Owners of North America, he was just trying to have a laugh with some friends :saddowns:.

Why? I'm pretty sure he thinks it's hilarious, and I would as well in his place.

Those light grilles look awesome, sock.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Coasterphreak posted:

Why? I'm pretty sure he thinks it's hilarious, and I would as well in his place.

Those light grilles look awesome, sock.

Oh cool, most people wouldn't have that kind of sense of humour about it, especially when it's getting to the point that he's probably getting recognised in public.

Those grille covers looked like you got them out of a kitchen supply store, I would never have guessed that you made them yourself. Very well done, Sock.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

It doesn't matter. The way Micromancer dealt with the initial blowback and several subsequent rounds has made him imperious to any attack.

So what happened, I can't remember if I was even around when that picture was first posted.

All I recall is something about a gun in a toilet and fecal matter or something.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
Poor weapons handling and operation I believe was the theme of the thread.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Live update!

My battery sucks and can't keep up with loads. It's currently at 400cca from 800cca.

Bought a fix.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I love the AGM battery I got for my wagon, I had starting problems last winter, got new battery, this winter -10(F) doesn't even make it flinch.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Agreed Lloyd. That battery was a huge improvement over the old Interstate I pulled out.

The lights only dim for a brief moment when the radiator fan kicks in on defrost mode (with head lights, fog lights, rear window defrost, radio, and front defrost on full).

Before it was dimming a lot when the two defrosts were used together. 14v at idle, but no amps in the battery.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Nothing going on with the cars, but here is today's project from the house.

This is our crawlspace. Un-insulated and unheated. Nice and cool all year round.

Tossed up some shelving today. Still have a few pieces to finish but it was cheap and each shelf holds my weight.

Oh, but what's this? Fabbed up a sliding door that I can slide behind the shelving. Going to add some more vertical supports and then insulate. That little piece on the left acts as a handle when the door is fully recessed. When closed, it will fit into a reciever

So yeah, there was my afternoon.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
You should go the whole way and make the door appear invisible when closed so it's a secret entrance. It's already pretty secret though. Hang a painting on it and put some wall edging on the bottom.

I want to build exactly that kind of shelf in my basement storage room. It doesn't look like it's too difficult to pull off.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jan 27, 2013

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Sockington posted:

Live update!

My battery sucks and can't keep up with loads. It's currently at 400cca from 800cca.

Bought a fix.

That is the flashiest battery I've ever seen. Are the labels holographic? Sure is purdy for something most people will not look at twice.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

travisray2004 posted:

That is the flashiest battery I've ever seen. Are the labels holographic? Sure is purdy for something most people will not look at twice.

I have to check my oil waaay more often than that. :colbert:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Sockington posted:

I have to check my oil waaay more often than that. :colbert:

If checking your oil involves messing with the battery, either you are doing something very very wrong or the manufacturer of your car needs to be shot at dawn.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I think what he was getting at is, the dipstick is basically right next to the battery, so every time you pop the hood to check the oil you get to look at the battery anyway.

Me, I just buy factory-second batteries with blemished cases from a fleet supplier because they're forty bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Me, I just buy factory-second batteries with blemished cases from a fleet supplier because they're forty bucks.

Want to post me some? The Fairlane with all it's electrical asshattery slays a battery roughly once a year. The cheapest useful batteries I can get depending are usually $150-$180 each.

• Locked thread