Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Ez posted:

Is his name Frank?

We know the same person :wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

zenintrude posted:

We know the same person :wink:

I figured. There couldn't be more than one person in the world obsessed with that movie.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The people who make the calls rarely are the ones in graphic design.

I'm not sure how you'd make a sequel to that.

I'd prefer more of a WhatIfquel where it's just an hour and a half showing how the movie would've gone down with more of the vicious monsters like the snake or the killer robot.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Robert Denby posted:

kiimo, knowing who the 'client' probably is (Stallone), you should never feel bad about those posters. This is the guy who tried to get an author to remove his name from a novel that a movie he starred in was loosely based on, so that he could claim sole credit for the concept.

muscles like this? posted:

Which one was that?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

:)
Old posters from my country, I bring a bit more from Tin-Tan because I remember that some goons lover the art in it.

"Dona She-devil" (Maria Felix was a sex-symbol of the era,she was still as classy before dying)

"Aye my love, how do you make me feel!" (I can't find a better way to translate the title)

"The Unknown Mariachi"

A couple of generic ones. I was forced to watch both movies when I was little, they were ridiculous.

"Lola, the trailer-driver" The tagline says "Movie of the year!"

"The Avenger Warrior 2"

And one from El Topo

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

I don't want to watch that movie because I know it won't live up to that poster.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Cobra is a classic Hollywood schlock-fest, right down to the dialogue. I'll still watch it when I see it on TV randomly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0DmvEepfoU

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

CaptainHollywood posted:

I don't want to watch that movie because I know it won't live up to that poster.

He eats pizza with a pair of scissors while wearing leather gloves. It's a must see. There's an axe cult.
Old frontpage review: http://www.somethingawful.com/d/movie-reviews/cobra.php

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Nothing But Trouble is an art house masterpiece, you ignorant swine. :colbert:

Agreeing with this.

Hibernator
Aug 14, 2011

All I want in the world is a poster for Dredd that looks exactly like the poster for Cobra. You can even keep the same tagline. I want this so very badly.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
It depresses me that films like The 400 Blows get into the Criterion Collection but Cobra and RoboCop don't. The system is broken. :(

vvv Wait a minute, I knew that, the hell was I thinking? I have the drat thing on DVD somewhere.

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jan 18, 2013

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
http://www.criterion.com/films/542-robocop
Out of print and DVD only though.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Might as well make a related contribution since I brought up my favorite movie ever:

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Now this is a great alternate poster.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

penismightier posted:

Now this is a great alternate poster.

I loved that one ever since it was attached to the trailer rerelease for that Alamo showing. Didn't know there was a full, proper-sized version, but I am an idiot.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

kiimo posted:

We had a good poster and he saw some European fan art and wanted us to emulate the style. Seriously. Like, going for a hybrid between painted retro 80s art and photography.

Yeah, that's how it came off to me. Hey, at least it's something different.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Desperado Bones posted:

:)
Old posters from my country, I bring a bit more from Tin-Tan because I remember that some goons lover the art in it.

"Dona She-devil" (Maria Felix was a sex-symbol of the era,she was still as classy before dying)

"Aye my love, how do you make me feel!" (I can't find a better way to translate the title)

"The Unknown Mariachi"

A couple of generic ones. I was forced to watch both movies when I was little, they were ridiculous.

"Lola, the trailer-driver" The tagline says "Movie of the year!"

"The Avenger Warrior 2"

And one from El Topo

These are awesome, thanks.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ez posted:

Content: I've always loved the poster for Blazing Saddles. It's such a cool design and I love the little touches that people may miss at first glance like the microphone and "Hi I'm Mel, trust me"

The best bit is the writing on the Chief's headband. It says "Kosher for Passover", but there's a deliberate spelling mistake transposing the first letters of the two words.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Someone mocked up a bunch of 50s style posters for modern movies. There's a couple of really neat ones!

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

This I like.

This I also like.

Really, they're all kind of fantastic.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Lance Streetman posted:

This I also like.

Really, they're all kind of fantastic.

Not to remove a hypothetical, fictional film credit from Richard Kiel (because Richard Kiel is awesome), but Arnold would still be old enough to have starred in a '70s Terminator. Schwarzenegger was 22 when he starred in Hercules in New York and had become famous before hand by winning the IFBB Mr. Universe championship the year before (and the NABBA version two years consecutively before).

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

This is the best one.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Somewhere, in an alternate universe in an ocean of infinite alternate universes, Christopher Walken was the T-1000 in Terminator 2.

I wanna live in that universe.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Yaphet Kotto as Mr. Glass is perfect.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

I need this on my wall, like, yesterday.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Dude sells prints, they're linked in the article.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That reminds me, I need to rewatch the 5th element. I haven't seen that movie in like a decade

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

This one makes me think he teams up with Samurai Jack.

Also, saw this over at imgur. Unreleased hand-painted The Incredibles poster that Brad Bird revealed the other day:

Lobok fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jan 18, 2013

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Kojiro posted:

Dude sells prints, they're linked in the article.

He doesn't sell the 2001 one. :smith:

foodfight
Feb 10, 2009

Desperado Bones posted:

"The Avenger Warrior 2"

I'm guessing the headlight placement over her headlights was intentional.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I love the comparison with the screenshot on the spine.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Desperado Bones posted:

And one from El Topo

This might be one of the most misleading posters I've ever seen for a film. I love El Topo.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Lobok posted:

This one makes me think he teams up with Samurai Jack.

Also, saw this over at imgur. Unreleased hand-painted The Incredibles poster that Brad Bird revealed the other day:

A little cluttered, but god drat I want to own that.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Barudak posted:

This might be one of the most misleading posters I've ever seen for a film. I love El Topo.

I dunno, it's certainly accurate for the first 2/3rds of that movie.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I dunno, it's certainly accurate for the first 2/3rds of that movie.

Sort of if we ignore the naked boy opening->abandoning the kid at the monastery. Even then the poster indicates Guns and Women and the last third of the movie is an examination of a heroes journey, religion, cyclical view of history, treatment of the disabled, and romance. It'd be like if Die Hard had all the same posters but kept going after the end credits and we watch a second plot featuring an aged John McClane trying to help his wife die with quiet dignity in the hospice.

Then he turns into honey.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yeah, I guess that's only the middle portion. Anyway, it's not misleading insofar as he does actually look that cool in the movie even while metaphysically tearing down the stoic gunman character, and he does have a foxy sidekick for a little bit. Now I kinda want to watch El Topo again.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'd never heard of El Topo, but seeing as it's a western directed by AND starring Jodorowsky, I feel I now must check it out.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Don't read anything about it, just watch it.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I love this movie, but its posters are pretty bad:

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince: