Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Invert the whole thing! It'll be like you're watching the end of the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Android Bicyclist posted:

Put the sun rising from behind & have the monolith in eclipse?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Now it's just 200. I think if you were gonna do that you'd have to make the sun really strong, strong enough to let you do the whole 2001 in black, even if you can barely see the 2.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The number font stinks.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

MikeJF posted:

Invert the whole thing! It'll be like you're watching the end of the movie.

I like it.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

That is really cool, it looks like there's some pitch black dimensional window inexplicably shining light onto the surface of Venus or some poo poo. This doesn't happen in the movie but I like it.

edit: more accurately, like it's a closed door with light escaping from underneath.

Carly Gay Dead Son fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 21, 2013

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Aside from the lovely font selection that's perfect.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

I agree. This is aces.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

It runs the risk of beating 4/6 jokes in the movie to death, but I think this works really well at conveying the movie before you see it. Dark, introspective, childish and homophobic.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Physical posted:

It runs the risk of beating 4/6 jokes in the movie to death, but I think this works really well at conveying the movie before you see it. Dark, introspective, childish and homophobic.

Wait, you think the film itself is homophobic? Admittedly, I've not seen it in years.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Lizard Combatant posted:

Wait, you think the film itself is homophobic? Admittedly, I've not seen it in years.

The film depicts a world where 'fag' is just an insult like any other. There doesn't seem to be any explicit homophobia, and even if there were it would probably be part of the satire.

I want one.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Physical posted:

I think works better without the writing, just leave the image and the film title.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho
This is a sort of a devil's advocate argument but consider the following: A large number of the characters are, so it is in a meta and then actual way when you consider that joke requires the audience to laugh at it in order to work. But the writer came up with it, and he thought it would be funny to do it, both are aware of the joke being laughing at ignorant idiots, but also at the delivery and content of the ignorant characters. It's like the writer pointing the homophobic finger at the audience, exposing them as homophobic because they laugh, and then the audience pointing the homophobic finger back at the writer for penning it.

Does that mean Mike Judge is actually homophobic, or anyone who watches it and laughs is homophobic, no.

Beyond sane knolls posted:

That is really cool, it looks like there's some pitch black dimensional window inexplicably shining light onto the surface of Venus or some poo poo. This doesn't happen in the movie but I like it.

edit: more accurately, like it's a closed door with light escaping from underneath.
I feel the opposite, that it is ominously vague and empty, and will suck everything of life into it's void. Its great.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Physical posted:

This is a sort of a devil's advocate argument but consider the following: A large number of the characters are, so it is in a meta and then actual way when you consider that joke requires the audience to laugh at it in order to work. But the writer came up with it, and he thought it would be funny to do it, both are aware of the joke being laughing at ignorant idiots, but also at the delivery and content of the ignorant characters. It's like the writer pointing the homophobic finger at the audience, exposing them as homophobic because they laugh, and then the audience pointing the homophobic finger back at the writer for penning it.

Does that mean Mike Judge is actually homophobic, or anyone who watches it and laughs is homophobic, no.

This is like the "Ow, My Balls" clip writ large. The whole purpose of that is "try not to laugh at this, because, if you do, you've proven the point of this movie".

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I don't get the whole "future" thing, as "Ow, My Balls!" has been on since the early 90's, first hosted by Bob Saget and now Tom Bergeron.

Also, Youtube is basically "Ow, My Balls!". It's already here. Were living it now. We just need TV's with 30 feeds and child-taking fast food chains.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hbomberguy posted:

The film depicts a world where 'fag' is just an insult like any other. There doesn't seem to be any explicit homophobia, and even if there were it would probably be part of the satire.

So, Something Awful Forums ten years ago then.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I don't get the whole "future" thing, as "Ow, My Balls!" has been on since the early 90's, first hosted by Bob Saget and now Tom Bergeron.

Also, Youtube is basically "Ow, My Balls!". It's already here. Were living it now. We just need TV's with 30 feeds and child-taking fast food chains.

rear end hasn't been made and it hasn't swept the Oscars. We're not there yet.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The UN also has to UN-Nazi the world, too.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008

Gonz posted:

The UN also has to UN-Nazi the world, too.

And a over-athletic President whose only skill seems to be his image and the way he communicates. We are a long way off from the world of Idiocracy.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Well, Crash did win Best Picture.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Wank posted:

And a over-athletic President whose only skill seems to be his image and the way he communicates. We are a long way off from the world of Idiocracy.

He's also like Obama because he's black

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Didn't Yoko Ono have a movie called "rear end"?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Peanut President posted:

Didn't Yoko Ono have a movie called "rear end"?

It was called No. 4 but yes it was nothing but famous people's asses.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Just wait until Johnny Knoxville gets a Lifetime Achievement Award to coincide with the release of "Jackass X". And he accepts the award by going on stage and taking a huge dump.

Soon...

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Why

Must

All

Fanmade

Posters

Suck

?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I swear it feels like I'm the only nerd alive who doesn't masturbate to a copy of World War Z, and I loving love good zombie stories.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

These ones? Not awful. The rest? Awful.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Why is someone shooting that zombie in the hands in the DotD '4 ripoff one?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh come on, aren't you excited for uuorld uuar Z?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I can read this in my head only with a bad German accent converting every W into a V. And it's a better movie for that.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

This wouldn't actually be that bad if it weren't for the really bad and incongruous font in the upper left. It looks more like a pulp paperback cover though.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho
I've avoided all trailers for World War Z even though I have read the book. Trailers always ruin a third act twist which ruins the first time viewing. See: Dark Knight Rises

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
I don't have a problem with this one at all. The title is legible, and the graphical elements support it well. Using flags instead of a globe to symbolize the world is a nice way to show that humanity is not a unified force, whereas we can see from the poster that the zombies are. Then there's the tilt, which adds a bit of tension to the poster and reinforces the idea that the world has gone awry.*

*It also reminds me of a sinking ship, which is fitting given the tsunami-like character the zombie horde seems to possess.

Tewratomeh posted:

This wouldn't actually be that bad if it weren't for the really bad and incongruous font in the upper left. It looks more like a pulp paperback cover though.
The perspective on the title text is all kinds of hosed-up though, and the whole thing looks too apocalyptic. Why is Yonkers in the middle of a desert?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
New round of Mondo LOTR posters. I kind of like these ones.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The perspective on the title text is all kinds of hosed-up though, and the whole thing looks too apocalyptic. Why is Yonkers in the middle of a desert?

Punishment for Hello, Dolly.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

General Ironicus posted:

Punishment for Hello, Dolly.

Fallout from the Buffalo wings factory going up when Buffalo fell.

tliil
Jan 13, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

New round of Mondo LOTR posters. I kind of like these ones.

This one would be SO much better if the background was just Mount Doom / Sauron's Eye Tower thingy. As it is it misses the whole point of the LOTR trilogy and Frodo's mission.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think it is purposefully avoiding the iconic eye.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

tliil posted:

This one would be SO much better if the background was just Mount Doom / Sauron's Eye Tower thingy. As it is it misses the whole point of the LOTR trilogy and Frodo's mission.
I dunno, it seems to juxtapose the massive conflict of the surrounding battle over Middle Earth with the solitary introspection of Frodo's mission- it's a bit more encompassing in that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Not a fan of any of those WWZ posters, especially the flag one.

Nevermind World Wars 3, 4, 5 or 6 - WORLD WAR 7 is gonna' be BIG!