Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Lotish posted:

Alright. Preordered my DS bundle from Gamestop today. Does getting the bundle count as preordering for purposes of getting the art book?

I don't see how they could possibly spin it as not, but it is Gamestop so who the gently caress knows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lotish posted:

Alright. Preordered my DS bundle from Gamestop today. Does getting the bundle count as preordering for purposes of getting the art book?

Their website says the bundle comes with it too.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-blue-fire-emblem-awakening-bundle/107660

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Is anyone else posting videos of the demo? That lunatic playthrough was a lot of fun to watch and I'm itching to see more.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
I wouldn't mind going on hibernation till the 4th really. I can literally beat Lunatic in my sleep right now in the demo, and it's stopped being exciting. :(

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
When I preordered my 3DS bundle, the clerk confirmed that I was also good for the art book, as well.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
I just got done playing through the demo for the first time.

How the hell do they not realize that "Marth" is a woman?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Ahahahaha SUPER LADLE BLOCK yesssssssss!

(I found a Ladle, which counts as an E-rank axe with 1 mt 80 hit 20 uses from one of the tiles in the prologue. I then stuck it on Frederick, because it's a bloody LADLE. And then Frederick blocked a hit for Avatar with a Ladle and I fell over laughing. THIS GAME GUYS.)

Also humorous to me is the last few voiced lines.
"You may call me Marth."
"Really?"
"No."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chaltab posted:

Regular Marth is an incredibly femmy dude. He even wears a tiara.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Has the ladle replaced the frying pan? Because I loved that from FE12. Same with the Laundry Pole.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Chaltab posted:

If they didn't call "Marth" a man, it'd just serve to confuse the SSB newcomers to the series even more. :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is anyone planning to turn in their 3DS for gamestop's double-credit thing?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I did :negative:

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Tae posted:

I'm just gonna send off my current 3DS to be converted for capture.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Tae posted:

FYI they're only going to give you $70 even with the double credit.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Small thing I like about Awakening: You damage is not limited by the enemies max health. Triple digit crits? Yes please.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lotish posted:

Is anyone else posting videos of the demo? That lunatic playthrough was a lot of fun to watch and I'm itching to see more.

Here's the same dude doing a Normal run with commentary (without) He knows what he's doing, and has played the Japanese version and compares the scripts.
Here's SA poster Supergreatfriend who has no idea what he's doing, also on Normal.
Here's just a generally high quality runthrough of the hard mode, no commentary.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Terper posted:

Here's the same dude doing a Normal run with commentary (without) He knows what he's doing, and has played the Japanese version and compares the scripts.

A little warning for those who will watch the one with commentary: You may want to skip the parts where Olivia shows up, or when he puts the focus on her. Other than that, I wholeheartedly recommend watching his LP.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Thanks for the links! I'm watching SGF's one, even though it pains me to see him feed Frederik kills. :v:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

This is life. This is death. This is the Fire Emblem Awakening TV Commercial:siren:WARNING SPOILERS REGARDING MARTH IN THERE WARNING:siren:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Terper posted:

This is life. This is death. This is the Fire Emblem Awakening TV Commercial:siren:WARNING SPOILERS REGARDING MARTH IN THERE WARNING:siren:

The narration is a bit :effort:, but otherwise this is a pretty good TV spot. I'm glad Nintendo decided to give this game some decent advertising money.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They should have just remade the FE1 commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-2kf1VKM1U

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Or the Fire Emblem 7 commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM-s5C0dnZs

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
These are amazing, thank you. The FE4 commercial is still my absolute favourite though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9767sCU4zsI

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Terper posted:

I'm sort of surprised they were willing to show Marth without a mask in the ad. To my recollection, NoJ still hasn't shown that anywhere free (though maskless Marth is standing proud on the cover of the artbook).

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Well, there's an official background (Spoilers? I guess?) of Marth without a mask on their website.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I love when fans care more about spoilers than the actual company. :v:

Also, I'm glad to see so many people are getting this game, or at least that's the impression I get out of Youtube commentaries.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Roguelike posted:

Well, there's an official background (Spoilers? I guess?) of Marth without a mask on their website.
I think they just stopped caring, honestly.

Granted considering how feminine Marth is, I could very nearly believe that being his new look.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
It's funny they were trumping up "You're actions have consequences!" when this is the first game where perma death is optional.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Veev posted:

It's funny they were trumping up "You're actions have consequences!" when this is the first game where perma death is optional.

Second. The second game where permanent death is optional.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Azran posted:

I love when fans care more about spoilers than the actual company. :v:

Also, I'm glad to see so many people are getting this game, or at least that's the impression I get out of Youtube commentaries.

The demo seemed to sway a lot of folks.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I have a good feeling about this one, guys. It's going to sell like hotcakes I can feel it.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
It's one of those non-spoilers that raises more questions than it answers. It's more of a pull to find out who this character is and why they're impersonating Marth than it would be if their identity and motivations were laid flat on the table, or if their ability to impersonate Marth was actually plausible enough not to question.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jan 22, 2013

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Zurai posted:

Second. The second game where permanent death is optional.

First game released in the U.S. sorry. At least as far as I remember, it was just the release before this right?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Veev posted:

To be fair, the pairing thing does tie into that, since the children characters are influenced heavily by the parents.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Roguelike posted:

Okay now that IS a woman, right?!

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

Francis posted:

It's one of those non-spoilers that raises more questions than it answers. It's more of a pull to find out who this character is and why they're impersonating Marth than it would be if their identity and motivations were laid flat on the table, or if their ability to impersonate Marth was actually plausible enough not to question.

Typical CIS privileged male comment there pal. Marth is obviously a transgendered woman, and discovered her identity after the events of Shadow Dragon.

Endorph posted:

To be fair, the pairing thing does tie into that, since the children characters are influenced heavily by the parents.

The male parent doesn't matter at all though. They should have limited the MU Unit paring options so fathers supports could be unique.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Veev posted:

To be fair, they're talking about more than just permadeath with this particular title.

Fake edit: gently caress, beaten.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Undead Unicorn posted:

The male parent doesn't matter at all though. They should have limited the MU Unit paring options so fathers supports could be unique.
They inherit skills and class options from the male parent.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Endorph posted:

They inherit skills and class options from the male parent.

And the most important thing of all: hair color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Francis posted:

And the most important thing of all: hair color.
No, the most important thing of all is the fact they can inherit good growths from Donny, which leads to things like Nn with a 98 Str growth.

• Locked thread