Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mennonites Revenge posted:

2) The Nyko battery pack seemed to work reasonably well with the original model, though I don't recommend you use the charging cradle if you sleep nearby and aren't 4 years old.

Seconding this. The nyko power pak is $10 and drastically improves battery life. There's supposed to be a newer model that's even better called the power grip pro.

The sleep light is blue and it pulsates so don't keep it charging in your bedroom unless you can cover it or turn it off completely(some of the online functions require you to be in sleep mode.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
I have the suede bag from Club Nintendo and I just rest it on top of the 3DSXL while it charges, the blue light does not show at all. It's bright but it's not difficult to cover up.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I caved and ordered the XL w/ MK7 combo from target with kingdom hearts 3D. I'm pretty much banking on their being a soft mod eventually released to let me play Japanese region games.

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE
So, amazon being awesome and delivering my Hori screen protectors early was nice.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU APPLY THESE THINGS?!

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Zest posted:

So, amazon being awesome and delivering my Hori screen protectors early was nice.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU APPLY THESE THINGS?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBeXhiXCMUE

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

Awesome! Thanks! This is probably the cleanest application of a screen protector I've had :stare:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Zest posted:

Awesome! Thanks! This is probably the cleanest application of a screen protector I've had :stare:

Yeah, Hori stands alone at the top when it comes to gaming accessories.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders
Just finished 999 for the first time. This game is weird. Onward to my next attempt I guess.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Mennonites Revenge posted:

1) Yes, WPA is supported, but not for regular DS games.

For clarification's sake, certain "DSi-enhanced" DS titles can support WPA if you're playing them on either the DSi or the 3DS. Pokémon Black and White fall into this category and so does Camp Rock: The Final Jam, your favorite video game that you love so much.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
Better look at the multiplayer palette swaps for LM2:

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Pink Overalls does look fabulous, but Green Overalls is probably my favorite looking one of the bunch.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Does the screen protector have to be Hori? In Taiwan, I found MORI screen protectors. They're Japanese, but I know nothing else about them. Also, one offers fingerprint protection, but I wonder if it actually does anything.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Joramun posted:

I like how "palette swaps" is still used in the day and age of textures. Makes me want to play old 2D games :unsmith:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Haraksha posted:

Does the screen protector have to be Hori? In Taiwan, I found MORI screen protectors. They're Japanese, but I know nothing else about them. Also, one offers fingerprint protection, but I wonder if it actually does anything.

This is one of those times wherein you realize you bought a knock off.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

My POPstation works perfectly well, thank you very much. :mad:

Csixtyfour
Jan 14, 2004
Where would I find a replacement 3ds xl screen? I tried googling, but can not seem to find them. My dearest son bounced his off of our hardwood floor and now the screen has colored and looks like its in two pieces. Or is my only option shelling out a $100 and send it to nintendo? $100 bucks just seems steep when I only payed $180 for it new...

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Ebay. If you can't find the part you're looking for you might find a busted 'spares and repairs' model that you can cannibalize a working screen from.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
Looking at those color swaps, they seem ripped right from Brawl. The only 2 missing would be White Luigi and the Waluigi outfit.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Joramun posted:

Green one's definitely my fav, though the blue one reminds me of the Ice Luigi form in the two console NSMBs.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Csixtyfour posted:

Where would I find a replacement 3ds xl screen? I tried googling, but can not seem to find them. My dearest son bounced his off of our hardwood floor and now the screen has colored and looks like its in two pieces. Or is my only option shelling out a $100 and send it to nintendo? $100 bucks just seems steep when I only payed $180 for it new...

Honestly, just call up Nintendo, talk to them, give 'em a sob story ("Oh it was his Christmas present and now he's just terribly upset") and see what they do. They're actually pretty easy going most of the time. Give it a shot.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

gameface posted:

Looking at those color swaps, they seem ripped right from Brawl. The only 2 missing would be White Luigi and the Waluigi outfit.
Maybe those will be DLC.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Joramun posted:

Missed their chance for a Waluigi palette.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Picked up Paper Mario: Sticker Star for $25 after using a coupon and my EDGE Card at Gamestop. It's actually a new copy through since the pre-order box was left out and they had none in stock, so the employee just honor the deal with sealed copy instead. :toot:

Anyway what some suggested tips on the game, as I heard playing it with the mind set of "what can I do to end this fight in one turn" makes it more fun then just fighting monsters just for coins.

Quetzal-Coital
Mar 7, 2003
http://www.capcom-unity.com/monster...hoose-the-color

Apparently someone finally figured out that the XL is worthy of special cases too!

Cheap Ass Bitch
Dec 3, 2006
I AM A CHEAP BASTARD! PLEASE MOCK ME!

So I'm seriously considering getting a 3DS XL, especially with the new Fire Emblem game coming out soon. I was wondering what is currently the best deal? Is it still the Target Mario Kart 7/3DS XL bundle?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Cheap rear end Bitch posted:

So I'm seriously considering getting a 3DS XL, especially with the new Fire Emblem game coming out soon. I was wondering what is currently the best deal? Is it still the Target Mario Kart 7/3DS XL bundle?

If you can still find one of those. Otherwise, you still have a few hours left to grab a basic XL from best buy for 180

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Vegastar posted:

If you can still find one of those. Otherwise, you still have a few hours left to grab a basic XL from best buy for 180

You can get the bundle online still, doesn't seem like stores have them anymore.

Cheap Ass Bitch
Dec 3, 2006
I AM A CHEAP BASTARD! PLEASE MOCK ME!

Khisanth Magus posted:

You can get the bundle online still, doesn't seem like stores have them anymore.

Yeah I ended up getting it from the website. Now all I need is to get some games. Any good places to look for cheaper DS games? I never owned a regular DS so I'm behind on everything that game out since the GBA...

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Amazon is always great for everything except Nintendo games, since those nearly never go down in price apart from Greatest Hits collections and the like.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Well Cheap rear end Bitch you are in for a treat because the DS itself has some amazing titles.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cheap rear end Bitch posted:

Yeah I ended up getting it from the website. Now all I need is to get some games. Any good places to look for cheaper DS games? I never owned a regular DS so I'm behind on everything that game out since the GBA...

You can also keep an eye on SA-mart, people frequently sell off small to medium sized collections of DS games, frequently containing some real gems, for a song. It's a great place for cheap rear end bitches.

geeksauce
Mar 1, 2011

Unoriginal posted:

Regarding the Soul Hackers bonus, does anyone know if the "participating retails" are only the list of a handful on the site? 'Cause I have some Best Buy credit I'd like to use but would prefer to get the soundtrack.

Just Amazon and Gamestop, from what I have read.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Rirse posted:

Anyway what some suggested tips on the game, as I heard playing it with the mind set of "what can I do to end this fight in one turn" makes it more fun then just fighting monsters just for coins.

That's really the only thing I can think of, treat each battle like a puzzle that you want to complete in one turn. This means not being afraid to use your coins for the slot mini-game to get extra turns. Also don't horde your stickers, even the thing stickers can be obtained again after use by going back to the spot you found it or rebuying it later as you progress.

The game doesn't flat out tell you, or maybe it does I don't remember, but each sticker has some timed button presses that boosts the effectiveness of the stickers.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

katkillad2 posted:

That's really the only thing I can think of, treat each battle like a puzzle that you want to complete in one turn. This means not being afraid to use your coins for the slot mini-game to get extra turns. Also don't horde your stickers, even the thing stickers can be obtained again after use by going back to the spot you found it or rebuying it later as you progress.

The game doesn't flat out tell you, or maybe it does I don't remember, but each sticker has some timed button presses that boosts the effectiveness of the stickers.

I think it tells you regarding the normal battle stickers. They do not tell you for "Thing" stickers however. Given that most of them are just "mash the button", it's mostly fine, but occasionally you get stickers that require more timing than that.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Joramun posted:

Nintendo Really missed out on using Mario, Wario and Waluigi. Would've been a lot better than using a palette swapped Luigi

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bpc908 posted:

Nintendo Really missed out on using Mario, Wario and Waluigi. Would've been a lot better than using a palette swapped Luigi

Hehe, look at this guy expecting any sort of :effort: from Nintendo.

ropesnake
Oct 22, 2008
Is there any word on new XL colors? The ones out right now make it look like a toy.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Alteisen posted:

Hehe, look at this guy expecting any sort of :effort: from Nintendo.

Even in Mario 64 DS they added other characters. I can't say using Luigi to go catch Mips was a great addition, but it was something, even for a pretty lazy port. I agree, I'd much rather play Waluigi than Pink Luigi.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

ropesnake posted:

Is there any word on new XL colors? The ones out right now make it look like a toy.

I haven't seen a decent pic of the blue XL, but it honestly looks amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Pink Luigi is the bomb and I will fight anyone who says otherwise. :colbert:

While we're on the subject, I'm surprised there isn't a thread for Dark Moon yet. I'd try and make one if I could come up with a decent thread title.

• Locked thread