Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Justin_Brett posted:

I don't suppose any goons in Sault Ste. Marie would know if they broke the street date there?

EBGames Canada announced it was on sale today.

The question is if they got their stock yet, not if they're selling it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Louisgod posted:

My EB said the 5th. gently caress YOU, I WANT IT NOW.

If it's any consolation, Mexico isn't breaking street date either :shobon:

Terper posted:

Who wants another trailer??? Because here is one. Character progression!

"Turns out the business end of my sword is ME."
Welp, I think this is the first time I'll use the red cavalier over the green one.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Now I know how European goons feel, drat you Canadians! :argh:

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

(Why hasn't there been a Mage Triangle Attack)

There were some enemy mages in FE4 that had a triangle attack. Their AI made them always attempt to perform the triangle attack even if it meant attacking your Ichival wielder at two range :downs:

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Hikarusa posted:

For the FE5 gaidens

2x: Save every village in chapter 2
4x: Save all the civilians in chapter 4 I think, maybe also do it in chapter 3?
8x: Keep Dagda and Tania alive and complete chapter 8 in a certain amount of turns? It's nothing difficult though
14x: Visit four of the houses that don't give you anything for entering them
22x or 23x or whatever: Have one person captured over the course of the game
24x: Have the destoning staff (whatever that's called)

There's probably one more in there somewhere, this is entirely from memory

There's also 11x and 12x. Both have turn requirements and you want to capture the boss on 12 to get him as a character (warping a guy over to neutralize and his goddamn sleep staff on turn 1 isn't a bad idea either).

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER
If anyone in Canada who can overnight this is interested in selling me a copy, send me a PM.

Roguelike fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 30, 2013

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I mean, basically.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Terper posted:

I mean, basically.

Does it really say "Loins Afire" when two characters are ready to get mad rutty?
I was not expecting that from Nintendo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Does it really say "Loins Afire" when two characters are ready to get mad rutty?

There are a ridiculous number of things it can say and they vary depending on relationships as well.

If you check two characters who are married the game talks about how it looks like an affair might be about to start.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Calaveron posted:

It's from Old Man Hubba, the fortune teller. It's a silly little thing where you pair up two units and then a random thing is said about them. Has no bearing on actual plot or characters.

Like this.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Terper posted:

It's from Old Man Hubba, the fortune teller. It's a silly little thing where you pair up two units and then a random thing is said about them. Has no bearing on actual plot or characters.

Like this.

Every day something else comes along and makes me love the game a little more.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I for one am happy for our Canadian members who get to play the game early. Now go figure out all the most broken poo poo possible in the game and report back.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I really wish that I had read this thread first, didn't realize it was coming out so soon and ran off to gamestop only to be turned away. It was somewhat funny though as I had all 3 employees on computers all trying to find a "back way" to preorder

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

If anyone in Ottawa can confirm this early release hubbub It'd be appreciated.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
I love this.
I'm in Ontario (Oshawa area specifically)

Picked up my copy, which was the final one for sale that wasn't a preorder.

And now I have some money on my account that I can just use for whatever I want, since I had planned on downloading it at midnight on the 4th.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

Someone earlier in the thread from Ottawa claimed they got theirs, I'm from Alberta and I'm playing it, and it was literally announced on twitter that they could sell it. It's a thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SereneCrimson posted:

And now I have some money on my account that I can just use for whatever I want, since I had planned on downloading it at midnight on the 4th.

Same boat for me. I had $40(+, stupid tax) loaded onto my account ready to go.

I guess I can save it for DLC.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cake Attack posted:

Someone earlier in the thread from Ottawa claimed they got theirs, I'm from Alberta and I'm playing it, and it was literally announced on twitter that they could sell it. It's a thing.

The fact that they made an official announcement says that this is probably being a pretty big seller.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dr Pepper posted:

The fact that they made an official announcement says that this is probably being a pretty big seller.

Not big enough to order a reasonable number of copies, though.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I think the idea is that it's proving more popular then the stores expected. v:v:v

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Terper posted:

I mean, basically.

Requesting thread title change to Fire Emblem: Loins Afire

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.

Zaggitz posted:

I got one at Rideau around 1 PM. They had about 5 more on the shelf at that time.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Terper posted:

Who wants another trailer??? Because here is one. Character progression!

I had no idea you could change the base classes of people. That is pretty awesome. Goddammit why must the wait for this be so LONG. And it might not be released on the actual release day?! This cannot beeee... :cry:

fivegears4reverse posted:

Requesting thread title change to Fire Emblem: Loins Afire

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Fire Emblem: Awakening: Loins Afire

I like it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I think the idea is if you have an existing pre-order, you're fine, but if you were planning on just walking into a store and picking it up You Is Stuffed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Endorph posted:

I think the idea is if you have an existing pre-order, you're fine, but if you were planning on just walking into a store and picking it up You Is Stuffed.

Right, but this is supposed to be their launch day stock so it's still a small order.

It is just Canada though. Game sales aren't exactly spectacular here.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

Nah, I got it just fine, the store I went to had like 10 copies. Not sure how many were pre-orders, but it was fine.

Also, my first level of the game? +1 HP. Welcome back, Fire Emblem :allears:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
The most important question is: does the cartridge still have the awesome pixel art the Japanese version did? http://tinycartridge.com/image/21266353753

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

The most important question is: does the cartridge still have the awesome pixel art the Japanese version did? http://tinycartridge.com/image/21266353753

Nope!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Uh, yeah they do?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

yes it does.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Yeah whoops, I guess I should look at it longer than 1 second. :v:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I've only just got to content outside the demo, and I got to say, Fredrick owns. Best Jeigan ever.

e: How does support build up? Is it GBA style stand next to each other forever, or PoR style deploy both units? I am lost and confused without SerenesForest. Although I'm kinda glad it's down, because I actually have no choice but to wing it. No compulsive growth rate checking for me!

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 30, 2013

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Curse the Britishs for robbing us of Canada and then losing it... Curse them all for they robbed us of this game:unsmigghh:. April is going to be a long, long wait. Speaking of which, does anyone know if the european cartridge will have multi languages? How is it usually for 3DS games?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Cake Attack posted:

I've only just got to content outside the demo, and I got to say, Fredrick owns. Best Jeigan ever.

e: How does support build up? Is it GBA style stand next to each other forever, or PoR style deploy both units?

Neither, they have to participate in battles near each other either by Doubling, or standing next to each other, or healing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

e: How does support build up? Is it GBA style stand next to each other forever, or PoR style deploy both units?
Neither. The pair up system comes big into play, but you also get support for fighting side-by-side (not standing next to eachother, being engaged in battle while side-by-side) and healing. You see the big hearts that flash up sometimes? That's the game telling you when you get support points.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

Use them in dual supports/pair ups.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

e: How does support build up? Is it GBA style stand next to each other forever, or PoR style deploy both units? I am lost and confused without SerenesForest. Although I'm kinda glad it's down, because I actually have no choice but to wing it. No compulsive growth rate checking for me!

It's closer to GBA style, but unlike all previous games, it now actually gives a visual indication of when you're getting support points.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceDrake posted:

There must be some sort of flaw with this game that isn't a few character designs.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
NY and CT seem to have the game too. Nintendo what are you doing!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

SC Bracer posted:

NY and CT seem to have the game too. Nintendo what are you doing!?

wahh?!

I'll be pissed if only some of America breaks street date...All or nothing dammit!

• Locked thread