Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

zari-gani posted:

Arino's latest tweets to foreign fans:

@RNeupert: "Hey there, Kacho! Good work on Balloon Fight!"
Arino: "Thank you! Scofield!"

Oh hey that's me :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

FinalGamer posted:

That was me! Oh my god I dunno what he meant until now that's...silly, that's cool though! I didn't know he talked to Edgar Wright, even if he's not Scottish.

I'm sure it's because your message had "Scot(t)" in it. Same as if someone from Mexico named Rodriguez introduced themselves to me and all I could say is "A dowel is a type of rod! Tacos y tostadas!" Although I wouldn't get away with it because I'm not a Japanese comedian.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

rdbbb posted:

I'm sure it's because your message had "Scot(t)" in it. Same as if someone from Mexico named Rodriguez introduced themselves to me and all I could say is "A dowel is a type of rod! Tacos y tostadas!" Although I wouldn't get away with it because I'm not a Japanese comedian.

My common response to ordering Mexican food is "enchirito, nacho, burrito~" to be entirely fair.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Jamesman posted:

I've been re-encoding all the episodes so that I can play them on my PS3. This has been all well and good, except for the episodes done by Clover, because converting their videos results in the subtitles being lost.

Can anyone help me out with a way to fix this?

The MKVs have soft subtitles where the subtitles can be turned on or off where as the AVI releases have subtitles burned into the actual video. You'll just have to do some googling.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Does anyone know more about this game. This is Metro Cross, the next new episode.

New Episode
2/7/2013
#154 Metro Cross

joek0 fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Feb 1, 2013

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.
All I know is that its theme music was put to good use in Noby Noby Boy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BpQ0bezVxk

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

joek0 posted:

Does anyone know more about this game. This is Metro Cross, the next new episode.

Apparently it was the first officially licensed Special Olympics videogame

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
OH MAAAAAN that was a fun episode. And STINGER AT THE END what the hell guys?!

...so are you guys going to do that NEXT EPISODE soon ooooorrrrrr...cuz dammit now I got all excited for it.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
That second boss in Smart Ball looked like it was based on M.C. Escher's tessellations. I'm surprised they didn't figure out that the empty space created by the bird's wings formed the outline of the fish. Now I'm wishing there was an entire game based on M.C. Escher's art.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Metro Cross is a fun little arcade game with sick as hell music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2GndYXg5Qk

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

ponzicar posted:

That second boss in Smart Ball looked like it was based on M.C. Escher's tessellations. I'm surprised they didn't figure out that the empty space created by the bird's wings formed the outline of the fish. Now I'm wishing there was an entire game based on M.C. Escher's art.

Echochrome.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

FinalGamer posted:

OH MAAAAAN that was a fun episode. And STINGER AT THE END what the hell guys?!

...so are you guys going to do that NEXT EPISODE soon ooooorrrrrr...cuz dammit now I got all excited for it.

I can promise you that it won't be the next challenge.

I will say that there's more season 16 on the way...

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What's the state of raws for the newest seasons? I know you guys had some issues where people were capturing them in really hosed up ways or encoding them as wmvs and junk like that.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Also Antichamber, which came out on Steam today. The best way I can describe it is that Echochrome has the look of Escher, but Antichamber has the feel.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

What's the state of raws for the newest seasons? I know you guys had some issues where people were capturing them in really hosed up ways or encoding them as wmvs and junk like that.

Right now it's pretty good. We're getting the recent episodes in the correct resolution with the only real problem is that the person doesn't encode at a high enough bit rate; this tends to be most noticeable during the arcade segments when things will suddenly get pixelated for a few seconds when the camera pans fast. The only exception to this is 143 and 144, Pilotwings and Vice: Project Doom, where the only versions that I have been able to find are flv rips at a pretty low resolution and framerate. And I'm still checking for a good copy of 153 that can be used for our purposes but that one's probably just a matter of a day or two before it gets more widely distributed.

The worst masters we have now are for season 14 and the first half of season 15 (besides the early Nintendo Channel streams, but that's an understandable problem). That's the person who encoded using Windows Movie Maker and got some oversaturated, odd resolution, and the audio is both out of sync and too loud. They're watchable and worth going ahead with using them since we can fix some of the problems but you'll notice a difference.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

ponzicar posted:

THAT'S what it was, THANK YOU, my god that was bothering me so much! I went and saw an exhibition of Escher in Spain once, I even SAW that painting.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Random Stranger posted:

You shouldn't have to do that with ours. We encode specifically for compatibility and ease of spreading the videos.
The SAGCCX episodes run perfectly on the PS3. The others, like Clover, not so much.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

quakster posted:

The SAGCCX episodes run perfectly on the PS3. The others, like Clover, not so much.

Someone earlier mentioned the PS3 Media Server, and I totally vouch for it's greatness. From what I can figure, your PC does all the rendering and it just streams it to whatever PS3 is on your network (with no software needed on the PS3 side). It plays softsubbed videos no problem.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

Right now it's pretty good. We're getting the recent episodes in the correct resolution with the only real problem is that the person doesn't encode at a high enough bit rate; this tends to be most noticeable during the arcade segments when things will suddenly get pixelated for a few seconds when the camera pans fast. The only exception to this is 143 and 144, Pilotwings and Vice: Project Doom, where the only versions that I have been able to find are flv rips at a pretty low resolution and framerate. And I'm still checking for a good copy of 153 that can be used for our purposes but that one's probably just a matter of a day or two before it gets more widely distributed.

The worst masters we have now are for season 14 and the first half of season 15 (besides the early Nintendo Channel streams, but that's an understandable problem). That's the person who encoded using Windows Movie Maker and got some oversaturated, odd resolution, and the audio is both out of sync and too loud. They're watchable and worth going ahead with using them since we can fix some of the problems but you'll notice a difference.

As long as Alex Kidd In Miracle World is alright then I'll be happy.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
Sucks that we can't get the discotek or the kotaku episodes in their original format. I'd rather watch the originals rather than a terribly dubbed narrator and cut our segments

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
To be fair Japan can't get them in their original format either. It's not like it's a US thing. Also the Discotek release has the full Japanese with subs option so yeah.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Caitlin posted:

To be fair Japan can't get them in their original format either. It's not like it's a US thing. Also the Discotek release has the full Japanese with subs option so yeah.

But they don't have the Tamage and the other segments, only the challenges

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Don't buy them then! You could give back to zari-gani for all of her hard work but I guess it's easier to just take.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Mister Chief posted:

Don't buy them then! You could give back to zari-gani for all of her hard work but I guess it's easier to just take.

Why so much hostility? I was just stating that the dvds don't have the segments that make the show awesome.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Because it's been talked to death and those segments are being released by the team. It just looks like you're making excuses to not spend any money on supporting the show that has given you dozens of hours of free entertainment.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
No, no, not having an understanding of copyright laws and incessantly whining about it is clearly the ideal solution here.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Mister Chief posted:

Because it's been talked to death and those segments are being released by the team. It just looks like you're making excuses to not spend any money on supporting the show that has given you dozens of hours of free entertainment.

or you know because money's tight and I can't afford the dvd right now

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

bpc908 posted:

If that's why then why are you complaining? I seriously just explained that we're getting the exact same content on a DVD release as Japan does AND SAGCCX is releasing the segments that were removed, subtitled, separately (when they feel like it which is fine). It seriously seems like you registered just to talk about not buying a great release.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

bpc908 posted:

You just spent $15+ on a Something Awful forums account. Besides the discotek release is perfectly fine and the side segments have been slowly released by the translation team. So your point is completely moot.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Caitlin posted:

If that's why then why are you complaining? I seriously just explained that we're getting the exact same content on a DVD release as Japan does AND SAGCCX is releasing the segments that were removed, subtitled, separately (when they feel like it which is fine). It seriously seems like you registered just to talk about not buying a great release.

I'm sorry that I don't have $50 to spend. It seems that you have blown my post completely out of Proportion

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

bpc908 posted:

I'm sorry that I don't have $50 to spend. It seems that you have blown my post completely out of Proportion

You literally came in here complaining about how the Kotaku dub sucks and that the DVD doesn't have segments, while implying that you were upset that SAGCCX doesn't break the law by releasing the licensed episodes.

And then only after everyone got mad at you for your lovely post, you started claiming that the only reason you don't buy the DVDs is because you don't have the money. That's fine, but don't act like you said that to begin with and weren't hostile from the start.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The problem is more that your post had already been posted fifteen times before and it wasn't a good post back then, much less now.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

DarkHamsterlord posted:

You literally came in here complaining about how the Kotaku dub sucks and that the DVD doesn't have segments, while implying that you were upset that SAGCCX doesn't break the law by releasing the licensed episodes.

And then only after everyone got mad at you for your lovely post, you started claiming that the only reason you don't buy the DVDs is because you don't have the money. That's fine, but don't act like you said that to begin with and weren't hostile from the start.

All I said was that it sucks that we can't get the kotaku episodes in their true original formats. That's when people got hostile. I'm not criticizing the work that the SAGCCX team is doing. All I did was state my own personal comment and would like to make clear it wasn't meant to be hostile or criticizing of the SAGCCX team or any of the posters in this thread.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

bpc908 posted:

All I said was that it sucks that we can't get the kotaku episodes in their true original formats. That's when people got hostile. I'm not criticizing the work that the SAGCCX team is doing. All I did was state my own personal comment and would like to make clear it wasn't meant to be hostile or criticizing of the SAGCCX team or any of the posters in this thread.

The only way to win is not to play.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

bpc908 posted:

No one's taking your original post as being hostile, you're just really stupid. It's been pointed out over and over and over again that the non-challenge segments are broadcast ONLY so both the Japanese DVDs, the Kotaku run, and the Discotek DVDs do not have them at all, yet you seem to have failed to grasp this simple point.

I really don't understand how you can like GCCX enough to get an Arino avatar, yet fail to do some basic research about the show.

orochi
Oct 9, 2012

/usr/bin/orochi

bpc908 posted:

You can always rip the episodes off the DVD and edit in the segments that were released separately. The DVD comes with the straight up Japanese audio (without the English speaking dubbed in announcer).

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Well, I agree with bpc908. It sucks that I can't get the DVD only episodes with Tamage and other segments intact. I don't see that statement as something everyone should oppose on principle, piracy implications aside. Yes, it does suck that you can't watch the episodes intact in ready-to-be-consumed format legally and morally viably. :colbert:

That's why I will watch the episode from DVD and then the related segments separately released by SAGCCX group. :c00lbert:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Gutcruncher posted:

Someone earlier mentioned the PS3 Media Server, and I totally vouch for it's greatness. From what I can figure, your PC does all the rendering and it just streams it to whatever PS3 is on your network (with no software needed on the PS3 side). It plays softsubbed videos no problem.

I'm still looking for an alternate solution, but I guess I'm on my own for searching up the answer.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
So I didn't see this mentioned in the thread, and with Fire Emblem: Awakening setting the internets (and wider world) on fire right now, this seems apropos to post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3ViTVV4Epk

It's the tenth Nintendo Channel special, featuring Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem (the first SNES title). The TL work seems pretty good actually, though not as much effort went into the menus as I think SAGCCX would give. The video author also laments the lack of acknowledgement in the subs index of the thread, seemingly :v:. It's still a neat challenge - instead of just "beat the map", Arino has to beat a somewhat notoriously difficult early map without losing anyone, which results in hilarity. It's a funny segment, especially if you know anything at all about FE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Now I feel guilty for getting an avatar. I just like the show (the tamage parts are my favorite) but I didn't know avatar ownership came with a study requirement. I'm not ready for any pop quizzes!