Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Dawnfire posted:

Man, mage's effectiveness drops like a rock very quickly after Deltis keep. It's absolutely awful. A jump from 60 to 106 magic attack only ups my spell damage by about 20-50. Meanwhile something like 10-20 extra regular attack on the other classes will up their damage by double. I knew a lull was coming, but upping my stats having nearly no effect on improving my damage seems pretty harsh.

Make sure your skills are maxxed out.

Richard M Nixon posted:

I'm having a good time playing this with PureRok and a few other random goons. We need a full party (for fun - the dungeons so far have been 2-mannable)

The Deltis Keep is a huge step up in terms of complexity from the previous 2(3?) dungeons. There is so much to explore and a quest chain to work through it.

Has anyone activated a Dimento medal in game? I tried a 7-day one and I do not have access to the bonus bag slots, cloak room slots, or auction slots.

I saw a player mention that the shining rocks that mobs drop can be used to craft keys for the chests in dungeons. Can someone shed more light on this?

I've duo'd through temple of oblivion but adding extra players seems to make the game comically easy.

Dimento medals give you exactly what the buff says. The extra bag slot and character slot poo poo is from a membership. I think something got lost in translation because I was under the same impression you were.

Some NPCs in town will trade 99 rocks for a key, just talk to some people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
Well, now I can choose a server, but then I get 'connecting to Message server'.

Seriously, SOE, what gave you the idea this was a good game?

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski

Shinino Kage posted:

Well, now I can choose a server, but then I get 'connecting to Message server'.

Seriously, SOE, what gave you the idea this was a good game?

It's a good game- It's the SOE part that's the issue.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

Economy Clown Car posted:

It's a good game- It's the SOE part that's the issue.

Now past 'Connecting to Message Server', entered my PIN and now it's just the Wizardry Online screen with nothing else.

okay, got past that, now watching a black loading screen after character choosing.

Shinino Kage fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 3, 2013

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
You're not alone. I got a chance to log on again and I'm currently watching a movie, waiting for my character to load into the game.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
Anyone in game right now?

And if i'm not on the right channel, how do I change to it?

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Shinino Kage posted:

Anyone in game right now?

And if i'm not on the right channel, how do I change to it?

I just got disconnected. I'm not sure if it's just me or another server restart.

I don't know if there's one in the Port area (where new players start), but there are NPCs around who will let you switch channels.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ugh, any EU goons able to comment on the US server's latency? Nobody wants to bloody group up on the EU.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

Random Hajile posted:

I just got disconnected. I'm not sure if it's just me or another server restart.

I don't know if there's one in the Port area (where new players start), but there are NPCs around who will let you switch channels.

I'm back in now as Veyon Malere.

Just need an invite to the union.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Maintenance! Five minutes after I pick up an all-access pass. SOE, why do you do this to me?

Shinino Kage posted:

I'm back in now as Veyon Malere.

Just need an invite to the union.

You have to invite people you're close to. Ask in general chat in channel 8 for an invite to the goonion and someone will get you.

E: we're back!

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Feb 3, 2013

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Back up it seems. Things are going fast, get in while you can!

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
It doesn't seem to be loading any faster than before. 2-3 m inutes sitting at the 'message server' screen, another minute or two waiting to choose character, and about 5 min at a black screen so far.

After beating the first boss in the Sewers I get 'unable to enter map'. Yay.

Shinino Kage fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 3, 2013

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008
I just realized that there's an Adventurers' Guild table outside the dungeon entrance that has a huge list of missions you can accept for pretty much every area.

I thought I just missed something that was obvious to other people, but everyone I was partying with immediately ran back to town to grab the missions when I mentioned it, so I thought I should bring it up here just in case some other people accidentally ignore it.

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
Is anyone able to get in? I keep getting a black screen after character select.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

The rage begins...

Perhaps our recruitment gimmick should be requiring subscription+medal for the purposes of faster XP gain and stats. I think it would rile up the population nicely.

I was exploring Twilight Alley earlier and it's a pretty nifty place. It had no guards and is the slummy pvp part of town, but it has auctioneers, cloak rooms, a dungeon guide and questgiver, all in close proximity to each other. It would make a pretty cool goon hangout.

Lenaway posted:

Is anyone able to get in? I keep getting a black screen after character select.

That's normal. Let it sit.

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 3, 2013

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Richard M Nixon posted:

The rage begins...

What even prompted that?

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Man, I dunno what happened. I started playing yesterday and I was getting no loading times at all. Today I try to play and I'm waiting 5-10 minutes per screen, then around 15 to get into a dungeon.

Anyhoo, I started a thief yesterday and it just wasn't gelling with me, so I tried out a warrior instead and I'm already seeing a big difference. Hopefully they can patch some of the problems going on soon, as the game that's there looks like it has a lot of potential.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Warriors seem to be the easiest and most versatile class by far, except for clerics who can go on trucking forever if played right.

My first character was a dwarf cleric, he was pretty much unkillable but killing anything was like watching paint dry so i made a warrior. So far i have died on him twice in 11 levels. I dont even need to block just hold in mousebutton and watch the numbers fly.

Im sure its going to get harder from now on but man are they easy to play.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
:argh:

This latest reset put everyone in town and I was deep in Chikor about to finish up some missions. Why must you taunt me SOE!

EDIT: Would suck for criminals since it put everyone in deep sea port - by guards!

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em
does an all access station pass get you any SC per month? the FAQ didn't mention any.

E: just got one and looks like 500sc a month. they need to update the FAQ

Gegil fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 3, 2013

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

500 SC/month with AAP. drat it's a good deal.

Shlapintogan posted:

What even prompted that?
A server-wide message detailing which squad was the best squad.

I like this guy sitting in town selling Dimento medals. Good luck, buddy

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
Okay, who is in to add to Goonion?

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski

BombiTheZombie posted:

Warriors seem to be the easiest and most versatile class by far, except for clerics who can go on trucking forever if played right.

My first character was a dwarf cleric, he was pretty much unkillable but killing anything was like watching paint dry so i made a warrior. So far i have died on him twice in 11 levels. I dont even need to block just hold in mousebutton and watch the numbers fly.

Getting a two handed hammer on a cleric makes it a little less miserable to solo damage wise- especially if you plus it up and have an okay strength- heck. You do OKAY damage with 1H maces if you didn't dumpster strength and have an up to date one.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

BombiTheZombie posted:

The warrior heal being super fast and a hitting for like 400 or whatever when the warrior has just over 500 HP is insane.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

I've been running around as a Fighter with a 2h axe and it seems pretty awesome. The second swing of it knocks enemies back and disrupts their attack, and timed well it seems like you're completely invincible against certain enemies, and being able to chain abilities to hit for 300-700-700 (at minimum, I've gotten ~1100 hits, but it's really rare) is great.

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em

Virulence posted:

I've been running around as a Fighter with a 2h axe and it seems pretty awesome. The second swing of it knocks enemies back and disrupts their attack, and timed well it seems like you're completely invincible against certain enemies, and being able to chain abilities to hit for 300-700-700 (at minimum, I've gotten ~1100 hits, but it's really rare) is great.

So, for comparison my mage is lvl 6 and has never landed a spell for more than 500. The average 2mp damage is about 280 and the Fire Burst damage is between 350 and 490ish.

What level is that Fighter at? Are mages seriously horrible till lvl 20 or so?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Mages are horrible full stop it seems. :v:

Also who is the maniac that decided you can't use directional dodging unless you're locked on, ugh.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

poptart_fairy posted:

Also who is the maniac that decided you can't use directional dodging unless you're locked on, ugh.
I was trying to explain combat in this game to a friend who has played a lot of DDO. I told him that there's less dice rolling which makes the twitch factor more important...except the control scheme is pretty clunky by comparison.

Not being able to mouselook and swing at the same time (holding down RMB And LMB just makes you run forward) is something I've finally gotten used to but holy poo poo it bugged me at first.

The camera has been annoying me lately as well. When you're not mouselooking it tries to rotate to get you + anything else close to you in the picture, and in confined areas (Chikor Castle) it freaks out and sometimes flips and spins and gets shoved against the wall so that you can't see anything. Is there a setting to just lock it behind you that I missed in the options?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

poptart_fairy posted:

Mages are horrible full stop it seems. :v:

What do you mean? If you aren't locked on and press right and step you jump to the left. They're just all inverted.

I finally got my first SR6 item, it's a dumb claw however.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Whenever I've tried dodge moving without being locked on, the character has simply jumped back - meaning they end up launching themselves into what I'm trying to avoid.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

For those who don't know, the Kraken coins are used to activate a dark statue in Aria Reservoir. Porkul neecd 1 and everyone else needs 2.

The crystal fragments that may drop can be turned in to a vendor by the blacksmith in the bustling market for a whole crystal (10 for 1).

Dead man keys can be purchased in hero square for 80 shining rocks or in the twilight alley for 99.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Has anyone found a use for the glimmering stones yet? Im guessing they are used to purchase moon emblem keys from somewhere though i havent found any vendor yet.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

poptart_fairy posted:

Whenever I've tried dodge moving without being locked on, the character has simply jumped back - meaning they end up launching themselves into what I'm trying to avoid.

They'll jump backwards, so aim your butt at where you want to go. It will take 15 minutes of practice before the freedom of movement is huge over being locked on.

Bashez fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 4, 2013

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Edit: nevermind, missed the post by Nixon.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Have they fixed the connection issues yet?

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em

Richard M Nixon posted:

For those who don't know, the Kraken coins are used to activate a dark statue in Aria Reservoir. Porkul neecd 1 and everyone else needs 2.

The crystal fragments that may drop can be turned in to a vendor by the blacksmith in the bustling market for a whole crystal (10 for 1).

Dead man keys can be purchased in hero square for 80 shining rocks or in the twilight alley for 99.

The Kraken coins also are on the Loot Table for Death Carriers from Deltis Keep
http://wizardryvault.com/guides/dungeon-loot-guide/#table2

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Gegil posted:

The Kraken coins also are on the Loot Table for Death Carriers from Deltis Keep
http://wizardryvault.com/guides/dungeon-loot-guide/#table2

You should have at least 1 from a quest before you get there (I believe) the mission quest giver will give a repeatable to do the 3 bosses before you need the kraken coin for another if you don't want to farm one (they are decently rare).

So Old Sewers is a really strange zone. I was imagining it being incredibly hard after the difficulty jump that was oblivion temple. The mobs actually seem easier but holy hell spawn times are ridiculous and it makes 2 manning it into a giant slog (with 1000 gold and SR6 poo poo dropping from mobs!).

It's much more open in a lot of places than Temple. I'm loving exploring these dungeons. Has anyone had any time to play in there?

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
So when I was doing the sewers last night, I know that there were three places that you could put your hand in.

The first two, I got bitten (HP loss) and then nothing ,but the 3rd one had a key which I could use to open a chest found early in the dungeon.

My question is, what determined this? Is it based on your luck, and is it a one-time roll, or can you keep trying over and over again?

Mbwuto
Dec 1, 2006
Man I want to love this game, dungeon crawling and permadeath bring back the sense of exploration and danger Asheron's Call and EQ used to give me...but...It just seems pretty shallow. The dungeons aren't instanced so it's 20 million morons running around with just a crazy amount of respawns. My poor thief can barely solo a beetle half the time. I think a demon souls-esque mmo would be the tits, I just feel like this is falling short right now. Love traps, love insta deaths, just wish the gameplay was better.

Also those slow rear end useless cut scenes are brutal. So much easier to hit escape and read the text later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Mbwuto posted:

My poor thief can barely solo a beetle half the time.

You've hosed up somewhere. I'm not sure a beetle should be able to get an attack off on you.

• Locked thread