Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

Rewind to the beginning of today's stream. Around the 10 minute mark John starts introducing the kittens to getting their fur brushed and they all loooove it. Newt goes nuts when John brushes her.

Hah, Bishop clearly likes it but really wants to know what it is, so she spends the whole time being brushed twirling in circles to try to examine it and ends up falling off the platform.

Pheeets posted:

And the chatters are going nuts. It's funny to watch.

drat, sorry I missed this, would've been hilarious.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

MikeJF posted:

Hah, Bishop clearly likes it but really wants to know what it is, so she spends the whole time being brushed twirling in circles to try to examine it and ends up falling off the platform.

Yeah the kittens think EVERYTHING is a toy.

Also it looks like Parker isn't the only escape artist anymore. I think a couple of kittens have broken out just now and the rest are sitting by the fence looking all sad. Except for Dallas who is sleeping in the Enterprise.

EDIT: nope I guess it was just Parker, John just returned him into the pen.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I turned on the baby seal cam because I needed something cute to watch while my mom was rambling drunkenly on at me about being blind and seals are my favourite animal, and all I get is a faceful of eagle eating a dead baby seal pup :smith:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Songbearer posted:

I turned on the baby seal cam because I needed something cute to watch while my mom was rambling drunkenly on at me about being blind and seals are my favourite animal, and all I get is a faceful of eagle eating a dead baby seal pup :smith:

Yeah, watch the Kitten Cam. We have kitten piles, snuggling, crab walking and sniffing at the camera.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
I'm totally avoiding Vinepeek. That just seems like a really bad idea.

Edit:
Lots of fighting going on now (6:10:00 or there about).

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Feb 2, 2013

Miss Indy
Nov 3, 2002

FFRC is doing cute little Kitty Bowls today. Next one is about to start - http://www.ustream.tv/ffrc

1:30 EST, and another at 3:30 EST.

Miss Indy fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 3, 2013

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Miss Indy posted:

FFRC is doing cute little Kitty Bowls today. Next one is about to start - http://www.ustream.tv/ffrc

1:30 EST, and another at 3:30 EST.

The creamy orange squash face kitties are drat cute in the 1:30 game. :)

From FB:

The Critter Room
I never give my fosters catnip - I save that for the adopters. But if I did and kittens can speak, here's my predictions on their reactions.

Parker: I CAN FLY! Climb the EVERYTHING!
Newt: Oh wow purple walls I should clean that with pancakes and a squeaky mouse through the fishbed to get to mom by upside-down and towel.
Ash: I can't move, don't dare ever move - I'll collapse into a black hole and destroy everything.
Bishop: This looks like a good spot to lay down and melt.
Dallas: Duuuuude. I mean, dude. Whoahhhh dude. Dude!

What do you think Ripley's experience would be like?

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 4, 2013

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SpannerX posted:

What do you think Ripley's experience would be like?

One imagines the same as always:

Ripley is perpetually freaked-out looking.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Newt is being too cute again.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Der Shovel posted:

Newt is being too cute again.

Aagh, she really is too cute, look at that ickle face. I love the way Bishop (the floofy black and white one) always curls up against John The Foster Dads' foot when he's in the pen with them; it's such a sweet, trusting little mannerism.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah Bishop seems to really like John. Also I really like how the kittens apparently immediately untie his shoes when he sits down :v:

Bad Mitten
Aug 26, 2004
Intuition as guided by experience
Ash escaped!
http://youtu.be/yW8rpUqJx_s

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I love how Parker's just casually sauntering out at this point.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
That escape was pretty funny! The jump and grab by Ash! I couldn't stop laughing!

He just did it again! Aprox. 13:28:00

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 5, 2013

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah Ash learned the arts of escape quickly. I mean, once he realized there was something to escape to. Now he's just going over the fence like it's nothing.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

SpannerX posted:

That escape was pretty funny! The jump and grab by Ash! I couldn't stop laughing!

He just did it again! Aprox. 13:28:00

This is why kittens are perfectly adorable. If there is anything more adorable than kittens playing, I have yet to see it.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I just looked in on them and they had the serious zoomies! Newt and Parker or Davis (Couldn't tell, they were moving around too fast. :D)

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Cobbsprite posted:

This is why kittens are perfectly adorable. If there is anything more adorable than kittens playing, I have yet to see it.
Baby otters.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

xcheopis posted:

Baby otters.

Oh, yeah, have to give it to baby otters. They are pretty drat cute.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

SpannerX posted:

Oh, yeah, have to give it to baby otters. They are pretty drat cute.

They are pretty drat cute, but not quite on the same level as baby kittens. (It's the totally fuzzy fur that gives them the edge.)

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Cobbsprite posted:

They are pretty drat cute, but not quite on the same level as baby kittens. (It's the totally fuzzy fur that gives them the edge.)

I'd say their levels of cuteness arise from different types of adorable and are of an equal level. But one can scoop up and cuddle kittens. Otters, not so much.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

xcheopis posted:

I'd say their levels of cuteness arise from different types of adorable and are of an equal level. But one can scoop up and cuddle kittens. Otters, not so much.

This is very true. Now, if you had said baby turtles? Or worse, shiba inu puppies? I might have had a hard time arguing.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Cobbsprite posted:

This is very true. Now, if you had said baby turtles? Or worse, shiba inu puppies? I might have had a hard time arguing.

Baby turtles are great but they do lack the all-important cuddle factor. Puppies are always good but not as good as kittens. Or baby otters. Not even St. Bernard puppies.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

xcheopis posted:

Baby turtles are great but they do lack the all-important cuddle factor. Puppies are always good but not as good as kittens. Or baby otters. Not even St. Bernard puppies.

Corgi puppies.

Also cuttlefish, oddly enough. ('Cuddle'fish.)

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Cobbsprite posted:

Corgi puppies.

Also cuttlefish, oddly enough. ('Cuddle'fish.)
But not so adorable as kittens at play. :colbert: Or baby otters.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kitten report, kittens are ridiculous

From a few days ago, since there's no apartment block tower. I'm watching right now and someone's shoved one of those long sticks with a feather on the end inside it and there's a kitten wrestling it on all three levels. It's pretty absurd.

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

Are ya gonna come quietly, or am I gonna have to muss ya up?

MikeJF posted:

Kitten report, kittens are ridiculous

From a few days ago, since there's no apartment block tower. nd inside it and there's a kitten wrestling it on all three levels. It's pretty absurd.

This is my favorite of all the kitten pics so far.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh Ash, you big ridiculous furball :allears:

wutheringbites
Nov 3, 2008
One of them is snoozing in a tiny cardboard amazon box :3:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
New kittens at the Kitten Cam!

We have a tortie. I repeat, we have a tortie

: What are the kittens' names?
A: The Kittens of the Round Table Arthur: solid black boy Guinevere(Gwen): black female with a white patch on her chest. Merlyn: Gray female (the "y" makes it a pretty girl name) Lancelot: Classic orange tabby male Morgan: Tortoiseshell female and Pillow Pet as The Ladybug of the Lake/Excalibug

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Feb 9, 2013

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Good thing too, because John posted that all of Ripley's Kittens are now over 2 lb and thus might get snipped next week and adopted next weekend. Oh god I'm not ready to say goodbye :cry:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Der Shovel posted:

Good thing too, because John posted that all of Ripley's Kittens are now over 2 lb and thus might get snipped next week and adopted next weekend. Oh god I'm not ready to say goodbye :cry:

I saw that, so I decided to check out these guys to see what was going on. I have to see what happened to the last 3...

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Two weeks of kitties left. Foster Dad John posted this on the Critter Room's Facebook page:

quote:

Ripley & the kittens have been tested negative for bad things. Neuter/Spay has been scheduled for Tuesday the 19th. Their adoption day will likely be the 23rd at the Petsmart in Everett, WA.

Get the tissues ready :(

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
And I'll end up adding yet more cats to my like list. :D

I can't dredge up what happened to the rest of Shakespeare's kittens. This bunch seems to be Camelotte's kittens. They are super cute, and the grey one seems to be the nutbar.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

For anyone wondering how the spice kittens are doing....

https://www.facebook.com/RosemaryElizabethKittenCamMama

https://www.facebook.com/BasilNPepper

https://www.facebook.com/MaceAndSage

I can't be the only one hoping they will reunite one day.....:unsmith:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Kilmers Elbow posted:

I can't be the only one hoping they will reunite one day.....:unsmith:

The best ending for that would be a bunch of cats that avoid each other. If they'd stayed together that's probably what would already be happening...kittens don't usually stay friends for long once they start getting big.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ash and Parker (or Dallas) really like sleeping in a pile. Not the first time I've posted them in a kittypile!

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Der Shovel posted:

Ash and Parker (or Dallas) really like sleeping in a pile. Not the first time I've posted them in a kittypile!

They are adorable! :3:

It seems the new Pet Collective kittens had a bath, and they all were fine with it. The foster thinks some of them might even like swimming.

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Ash got up to the window! Man he is getting big!

• Locked thread