Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Moshi Haruka

"Perhaps. I will have to think further on the matter." Though their conversation was... Unusual, Haruka found it rather interesting, at the least. Bowing to the monk, she says, "Thank you for sharing your wisdom, Togashi-san. However, I must finish my prayers before Lady Sun disappears below the horizon. If, when I am finished, you wish to resume our discussion, I am willing to continue."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Tekre

The Scorpion woman bows. "Then I shall not inquire further. Thank you for your time, Tekre-san."

Courtyard, a bit later that evening

Shortly before sunset, the Kituski party, with Win accompanying them, arrives at Shiro Murakumo. Mirumoto Tarou is soon informed (along with everyone else, since news travels quickly) and heads out to greet them formally. On seeing Win and the guard, Kenji, he raises an eyebrow questioningly.

Shosuro Shizuka, having retired to her assigned quarters, has not yet emerged into the courtyard.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Ikoma Asano

Asano gives Ikaru another smile. "To the Empire indeed, but one cannot serve the Lion without serving the Empire. There is no service to the clan greater then service to the Empire."

The Ikoma then looks over the flower and the note. "Ah, letters! The Game of Letters, to be precise. I'm not much of a player myself, but I know of it. The idea is to take the exchange of letters and elevate it to an art, taking special care of the paper and calligraphy one uses, bundling it with flowers or perfume, adding a poem to it. If you would like, Itaru, I would be honored to advise you in your reply. To allow the Matsu to express themselves in such ways is why the Ikoma are."

Later that evening

On hearing the return of the Kitsuki party, Asano goes out to see their arrival - and to watch how things are treated with Kenji.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
Togashi Win

Puzzled at the lack of response but content the Mirumoto can sort out their own issues when it comes to the changing of the guard and their duties, Win heads towards the streams to get cleaned up once more. He was filthy and smelled horrid after the day's long run and some time in the icy waters would clear his mind and body.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Courtyard

Mirumoto Kenji looks confused. "My lord Tarou, is there something amiss with my performance?" he asks.

"You were not told?" Tarou says, surprised. "The monk, Togashi Win, sought you out--I thought he would have mentioned. My cousin, Dai, fell to his death this afternoon, and shortly after speaking to you."

The blood drains from Kenji's face. "My lord, I had no knowledge of this--surely none are accusing me of being party to his death? The last he spoke to me was to ask me to seek the honorable guests on the road and advise them of our other visitor, that they may be prepared with a gift and be able to avoid giving offense..."

Kitsuki Kenta steps forward, placing a hand on Kenji's shoulder.

"Father," he begins, speaking to Tarou, "and I hope it is not premature of me to name you so, I can vouch that all is as Kenji-san has said, at least in what he told me when he found my party on the road. I was most pleased and honored at the foresight of your late cousin, and had hoped to give him my personal thanks..."

I don't want to give you guys like, pages of dialogue between these two without giving you chances to speak up and participate in the conversation. Please, don't feel like this is a closed discussion between the NPCs.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Daitomu

"The death is unfortunate, but I do not think anyone here is suspected of being a part of it. Even our guest has not pointed any fingers, and many of us were there. Kenji-san, unless you are a mujina in disguise or the embodiment of ill fate, I think you are free from any worry."

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Win

Sitting in his stream, feeling the water flow around him, Win reflects. Such a strange place, court was. Sent here to learn? This was a puzzle. Things were not as they appeared, the most basic of lessons. Yet to what end? He did not know. Beyond the walls of the castles, beyond the screens of the perfumed courts, there was peace. In these wilds all was as it should be. Nature knew the balance, it knew the way. Perhaps Win had lost his, for in all things there must be balance.

He was no animal.

A samurai of the Dragon, a monk of the Togashi. A study in contradictions.

He would strive to know this place, the truth at the heart of court. A terrifying prospect. Truth at the heart of battle was easy for many to find. Serenity in the heart of the moment was something that could be taught. What could be taught here?

It is then he feels the water moving around him, the pull of the thing, the flow.

Of course. The river was as the court, it moved without changing. He would know the ways of the court, the better to see through the veil pulled over all things.

Smiling for the first time that day, Win thinks on these things in the ice cold water.

Med 26 to regain a void

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Matsu Itaru

Earlier

Itaru smiled a little. "I likewise would be honoured that you should be willing to forgo some of your time to aid me in such an endeavour. I am sure that Mirumoto Chihiro will also appreciate a more worthy opponent in the game." He said, bowing slightly to Asano.

Later

"I hope it not out of place for me to speak, but all of us that were present at the tragedy have also been questioned Mirumoto-San." Itaru says to Kenji after Kenta speaks. "But should you feel uncomfortable I would volunteer to accompany you should it be permitted. None would gainsay the honour of the Lion and my family after all." Itaru adds, expecting that the Shosuro-Sama would not take kindly to such an offer but feeling that the guard at least deserved to have an observer to ensure nothing dishonourable were to happen to him. His honour would bind him to tell the truth for Shizuka as well as Kenji.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Nothing further of note happens that evening--Tarou speaks to Kenji privately but none of you overhear it, and there's no mention of punishment. If you have anything you intended to do overnight, post it at the start of your reply to this, otherwise...

Court Chamber
Everyone

It is early the next morning, and somewhat unusually, court is in session with what seems to be record attendance for Shiro Murakumo. Yesterday's death combined with the arrival of both a Scorpion Inquisitor and the groom-to-be of Mirumoto Chihiro have piqued the interest of even the most apolitical of the castle's inhabitants. Somewhat to your surprise, however, Shosuro Shizuka is not in attendance during the first order of business--the signing of the betrothal documents between Mirumoto Chihiro and Kitsuki Kenta.

Of course, that may have simply been so that her entrance--just as the young Kitsuki has finished applying his chop to the document--could be all the more dramatic. Inquisitors have to play up to that sort of thing, to make the greatest possible impression. Shizuka strides into the court chamber, trailed three steps behind by one of the Scorpion guards she brought with her, his ceremonial mempo reflecting the morning light from the window.

"May I be the first to offer my congratulations to you, Kitsuki Kenta, on the hour of your betrothal," Shizuka intones from behind her cat mask. "I have of course brought you a gift to celebrate such a momentous occasion." She holds before her a mahogany box carved with the mon of the Scorpion, which she opens to reveal a small crystal windchime.

"This chime was given to the first Hantei by his sister, Lady Doji. It is said that when held by a member of the Hantei bloodline, it would produce beautiful tones even in the stillest air. Of course, with the sad demise of the last Hantei emperor, the magic of the chime is departed, but its beauty still remains. I hope that it will prove an auspicious gift to celebrate a marriage as beautiful as this chime."

Shizuka's expression is, of course, unreadable.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Itaru is surprised and impressed by the gift, such a valuable item of imperial history makes for one heck of a gift. In fact he wonders for a moment if it should not be kept somewhere else, as a memorial of the family that the Scorpion ended. Well...perhaps they wouldn't, and perhaps it was an unpleasant reminder that their rule had been seized dishonourably. In that light its presentation made a bit more sense and Itaru was a bit pleased that he had sorted out why the gift had been given.

"A valuable and auspicious gift indeed. It is a shame that none shall hear its sound again, if it truly as beautiful as you say Shosuro-Sama." Itaru says with an attempt at being polite and respectful. As the Inquisitor had said, without the blood of Hantei to make it work the chime was merely beautiful and not very magical anymore.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Ikoma Asano

Having spent the night assisting his brother Lion write his letter with the right calligraphy - or at least the best he could do, as Asano was not an avid player of Letters to begin with - Asano is still a little sleepy at first in the courts. However, by the time the Scorpion makes her appearance, he is wide awake.

Awareness: 4d10 24

Asano is immediately taken aback by the gift, though he tries not to show it. Certainly it is a beautiful gift, but...this is a small, little known court. Why bring such a grand treasure here? Why point out the sad fact of the death of the Hantei? Were this a grander court, she could be boasting, or perhaps attempting to make amends, but in this isolated area?

Something was wrong.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Togashi Win

Win is no trained courtier. His formal education, his grasp of history, his sense for the inner workings of the courts of Rokugan, these are not the longest staves in the sheaf that makes up Togashi Win. Yet in spite of all of this, the weight of the gift before them hits him in the chest with the weight of a great hammer. He actually takes a step back as the import of the thing. A gift from one of the great kami to another. Something that had been held by two living gods, gods who were brother and sister to the god whose blood makes part of the ink that stains Win's own skin. He is pretty sure those etchings on his flesh burn a little in the presence of the thing, like calling to like. Certainly the chill running down his spine is enough in that respect. His expression is perfectly readable, the provincial Win lacks the artifice to conceal his goggle eyed expression in the same way the winter hut of a fisherman stands before the first storms of spring.

"Woah," is all he can give voice to quietly. In the context, it is half a prayer.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Moto Daitomu

What a gift! Both ancient and full of meaning, the priceless chime would surely bring honor to giver and recipient. If only there was one of the emperor's blood around so that we may hear the tone. Daitomu remembers a tale, a test of sorts to choose a bride... oh.

Oh.

The Unicorn wasn't at home here, and even though he had one foot out the door of his clan, he still needed to act the part of a respectable samurai. Daitomu was smart enough to keep his mouth shut, applaud, ooh, and aah with the others present. Chihiro and Kenta's would be as priceless as the wind chime.

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

I actually just hold down the Shift key.
Tekre is probably peering around people to get a look at the shiny-shiny gift, having done not much of anything but quiz people while she recovered from yesterday's shock.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Moshi Haruka

Haruka has the lower half of her face covered with her fan, but her eyes briefly widen, then narrow, at the presentation of the gift. Besides the strangeness of such a spectacular gift at a relatively normal betrothal and some awe at being in the presence of such an item, giving away the Hanteis' belongings strikes her as disrespectful to the line. While perhaps not truly blasphemous, giving one of the Son of Heaven's possessions at all, to say nothing of having acquired it through deceit and bloodshed, is nothing short of improper in her mind.

Though, that makes its presentation here all the stranger. The purpose of it is unclear to her; unless Tarou or Kenta's family happens to possess something that the Scorpion truly want, she cannot figure out why they would give something of such value away here. Strong ties between the groups cannot be the reason for this. Unable to discern the motives, though, she simply sits quietly and, for now, watches the situation.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Court Chamber
Everyone

Asano, you've got your eyes on the other members of the court, so you notice Tarou turning slightly pale. The other Kitsuki from Kenta's party exchange glances as well. Togashi Goro has straightened from his usual slouch, standing almost at attention, his eyes sparkling. Kenta himself is calm, apparently unconcerned. The others are all either awed by the gift or not terribly worried, from what you can see.

Kenta stands, bows, and speaks, offering the traditional first refusal. "I cannot accept such a gift, as a mere samurai, Shosuro-san. The belongings of the Kami are far too valuable treasures to be passed as a simple wedding gift."

Shizuka offers the gift again. "Please, Kitsuki-san, I insist. If not as a wedding gift, than in honor of your upcoming...ascension." She pauses, and Tarou grips Kenta's wrist, now pale enough that everyone can notice. "You will of course be inheriting Shiro Murakumo, will you not? As an adoptive second son, I understand you do not stand to inherit any of the Kitsuki lands. This marriage elevates you closer to your true worth..."

There are some stifled gasps--the Shosuro is certainly not offering the most tasteful of compliments here.

Kenta replies, still utterly calm, carefully extricating his arm from Tarou's grip. Chihiro is looking quite concerned now, as well. "What is a man truly worth?" he asks. "Certainly I can not say whether I am worthy. This gift, however, is priceless, and thus I cannot accept it."

Shizuka bows her head in acknowledgement. "Your years with the Dragon have taught you patience and wisdom beyond your youth, Kitsuki-san. And yet, I must insist that you accept this gift, which I went to great difficulty to obtain for this very occasion."

Kenta stands, gently pulling away from Tarou, who has again gripped his kimono. Tarou is trembling, and beads of sweat stand out on his forehead. Togashi Goro, in contrast, seems tense, but his expression is rapt. The other Kitsuki samurai seem ready to leap into action as well, but before anyone can stop him, almost as though in slow motion, Kenta strides forward and stands face to face with the Scorpion.

"Very well," he says, "I humbly accept your gracious gift." As he takes it in his hand, an unearthly beautiful chime rings through the court chamber, the most beautiful sound you have ever heard.

Gain 10 XP everyone...

MollyMetroid fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Feb 11, 2013

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Moshi Haruka

And suddenly, everything is clear. The meaning of the Scorpion's words, the purpose of her gift, her very reason for being here, the message the kawaru carried. The last of the Hantei line is alive, and here in this very court. This is a momentous revelation.

However, now is not the time to be awestruck; while the true Son of Heaven stands before her, he is also face-to-face with one of those who enforces the will of his father's killers. Anyone could see that something was about to happen. Like the Kitsuki, she readies herself, though rather than her weapon her hand goes to her scroll satchel. Her eyes do not leave the two standing in the center of the room.

Spent 12 exp to raise Reflexes to 3, which consequently raises my Air ring as well as my Initiative and Armor TN. Spending one more exp on memorizing Fury of Osano-wo; I want to be able to call down the lighting at any time under any circumstances.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Feb 11, 2013

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Tekre has her stuff on her, no matter how uncouth it is (Tekre is always ready to roll), but she's currently more interested in the most excellent noise the chime is making, Imperial History and it's ramifications going over her head.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Well that was something. An impressive trick to be sure, but since the Hantei dynasty was dead it must be a show. One in poor taste admittedly.

"Shosuro-Sama, while we are all very impressed by this display everyone knows that the Hantei dynasty no longer continues in the empire. Your own clan has told us of the...death of the previous emperor and his son. It is quite impossible for Kitsuki-San to be of the Hantei line. So as a humble Bushi, one who is not familiar with the ways of the courts or with the arts I would be most grateful if you could explain to me how you managed this performance." He said trying to be polite but managing to sound a little disappointed by the whole charade.

Itaru isn't really sure what's going on, but he's going to speak truthfully about what he believes.
Sincerity: 6d10o10k3 21

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Feb 11, 2013

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Ikoma Asano

"Indeed, lady Shosuro-san, it is as my cousin says. I am of course not adverse to theater or the fine arts. But this gives me pause. After all, it is written in Ikoma history that the Hantei dynasty is dead. All that is written in Ikoma history is true; if it is not written in our histories, it was not done; such as been the agreement of both our families. We have written that no Hantei survived. I do not understand the purpose of this. It's compliment is lost on me."

Asano is fairly certain as to what is going on and is going to speak falsely about it and claim ignorance, but also try to paint it as a strange compliment he just doesn't get while at the same time reminding the others in the court that Ikoma history as well as the official Scorpion line is quite clear that this can't be the heir. Also I'm not sure if it counts, but I gain an additional 1k1 for Heart of Vengeance if that applies.

Sincerity: LYING: 5d10r1o10k4 35

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Togashi Win

Part of Win, a small part that would forever be the young boy who was left with the monks, decides he can forever snuff the fire of his own lights for he has seen all there is to see on this strange earth. The others were speaking now, trying to say things about the gift, disclaiming it. Another part, a coldly rational one quite different from the boy he was or the man he had become, wonders at the wisdom of that. He had little enough instinct for the courts, to be sure, but he had known storms in the mountains.

It did not do to stand outside shouting at the lightning and thunder.

Not at all.

The thunder wanted song, the lightning cheer. His vigil months ago had taught him this very well.

When destiny has decreed a path and one does not know the course of their fate it is best to stand aside and let the wheel turn. To attempt to do otherwise is madness. And so the very surprised Win remains silent in the flow of the river once more.

Still, this was the damndest thing he has ever seen. And Win is pretty sure he talked to Togashi himself at some point.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Moto Daitomu

"I have to agree with what has been said. Shosuro-san, an explanation is in order. What would you have to gain from a false explanation of your gift? Is this the Kami's chime?"

Daitomu brushed through the crowed as he spoke, getting close to the action. Of course it was the Kami's chime, the reactions of the Dragons present told him enough. Daitomu's eyes were as much on them as on the Scorpion, and he could feel the Shi-Tien Yen-Wang's presence lurking.

Etiquette: 5d10o10k2 14 (Trying not to be a dick)

Etiquette to 3, Spellcraft to 5, and mastering The Rushing Wave (11xp total)

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Court Chamber
Everyone

Kenta raises a hand upon hearing your objections. "No...it is true. The question is, Shosuro-san, what will you do now?"

Shosuro Shizuka reaches up to her mask and removes it, letting it fall to the floor with a clatter. Her face is not quite beautiful--her nose is a little on the large size--but her expression is rapt. She prostrates herself before Hantei Kenta.

"I hereby swear fealty to you, the true Emperor of Rokugan," she says. There is a rustling around you as all the others present follow her lead, prostrating themselves, even Shizuka's yojimbo.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Togashi Win

"Well, that certainly is a thing," Win says quietly. He explores the corners of his heart and comes to a decision. There is no question to this decision, no artifice, nothing like that. It is as all his best decisions are, born from pure intuition. He can feel the pull of fate on him, and the weight of such is enough to drive him to the ground.

In fact, it does just that.

Togashi Win drops to his knees, kowtowing before the last of the Hantei line.

CONTRARY, MOTHERFUCKKAAAAAAS

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Moto Daitomu

He still didn't trust the Scorpion. Was this all a plot to have all those kneeling executed? Still, Daitomu didn't want to be the only one standing, and so knelt.

The chime rang true, though. No-one, not even Kenta attempted to deny it. Regardless of the political state of the empire, he was in the presence of a son of heaven. Thoughts raced at the implication. The Lords of Death that lurked were dispelled by His mere presence, but Daitomu could not even think of them now.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Ikoma Asano

Asano's head swam with doubts and second guesses. Suspicion for the Scorpion, lack of confidence on how to act, wonders on how he would be seen either way, his eyes casting left and right in search of hidden conspirators in case all of it was a Scorpion trick.

And then finally he relaxed and did one of the few completely honest and honorable things he allowed to himself.

He knelt before the Son of Heaven.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Itaru had little idea what was going on here, but if there was a chance that Kenta was truly the last survivor of the Hantei line...

The Matsu knelt as well. The Lion were the arm of the Empire and if this man was who he claimed he was then he was compelled to follow him.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Moshi Haruka

It takes Haruka a moment to grasp the situation, but when she does she too kneels. While her suspicions are not entirely allayed, there is no other proper course of action to be taken. It would have been the first thing she had done were it not for the presence of the inquisitor, but while she still does not fully trust her, once again the woman's actions seem to signify someone of honor. She wonders if this indicates a lack of honor on her own part, distrusting her fellows so.

Then again, service to those above was one of the duties of a samurai, and the Son of Heaven was nothing if not above her. Concern for his well-being, especially after learning that he was alive at all, and so while she kneels she does not fully relax. Blind trust is no more honorable than baseless suspicion.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Court Chamber
Everyone

Kenta speaks after a moment. "Please, everyone, rise...I am not Emperor yet. I hope to be, but I will need a great deal of help and there is much to be done before I can claim my father's throne. First, I have come here to be married, and I intend to see that through. Then...any of you who wish to aid me, we shall speak, and plan, after that. I need not promise that all who stand with me shall be rewarded, of course, but you can rest assured that it will be so. Even," he adds, glancing at Tekre with curiosity in his eyes, "those who are not traditionally subjects of the Emerald Throne."

Chihiro, on realizing that she's potentially going to become the wife of the future Emperor, has gone a bit pale.

Even as the others begin to rise, though, Shosuro Shizuka and her yojimbo remain prostrate.

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Tekre looks around with clear confusion, wondering why people are getting down, getting up, some guy is talking about being Emperor (Which Tekre is pretty sure is a big thing), so she taps the shoulder of the nearest person and asks them to kindly explain what just happened.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Togashi Win

Feeling a tap on his shoulder, Win grins at the ratling. "Ding dong noise chime make sound, man what make noise is big chief samurai man." He had thought on his last conversation with the creature, and decided he would take a crack at working on its level.

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

I don't know how to respond with something that doesn't end with Win getting kicked in the shins, so I guess Tekre just scowls but otherwise lets that one go.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

Investigation (Perception): 5d10o10k2 9
Hey guys, remember those awesome rolls I made when they probably didn't matter?

Itaru was wracked with guilt, for he doubted Shizuka. He was expecting her to leap forward with a dagger, plunging it into Kenta's heart at any moment...yet he could not see any sign she might do such a thing. Nor could he see any assassins or anything. That the Scorpion be the agent of the revealing of the last scion of the line of Hantei bothered him. But all he could do was wait. Needless to say Itaru was prepared for something violent to happen.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Court Chamber
Everyone

Kenta regards the Scorpions for a few moments, then speaks softly.

"On the day my father was killed, I was a boy of fourteen. I was spared the horrors of the Coup by a group of Dragon who had been sent by Togashi Yokuni himself, who spirited me away. I did not understand why, at first, and after, when I learned the fate of those left behind, I was ready to raise an army and strike back, and purge every last Scorpion from my father's Empire."

He takes a deep breath.

"I have spent ten years here, with the Dragon. I have learned patience, I have been shown wisdom, and I have seen with my own eyes a vision of what might have been, had things been different. I saw a Rokugan in which I acted with haste and impetuous fury, and in which I had sown the seeds of not only my own demise but the downfall of the Empire as a whole."

He goes down to one knee, reaching out with his right arm and raising Shizuka's face gently to look him in the eye.

"I cannot pretend to be happy about what your Clan Champion has done, but I no longer believe that he acted out of pure ambition, nor do I believe that loyal samurai should be punished for their loyalty. Rise, Shosuro Shizuka. I would have your loyalty, your advice, and your assistance. Perhaps even your friendship. But not, I think, your head."

He smiles a bit wryly. "It would ruin the wedding, after all."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Ikoma Asano

As Asano stood, he kept his head aligned so that the scorpion and Inquisitor were in his line of sight. The Scorpion were up to something. They had to be. And he would not give them the benefit of the doubt that would allow them to attack them from behind.

Investigation: Notice: 3d10r1o10k2 18

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 13, 2013

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Moto Daitomu

"Praise and congratulations, your imperial highness!" Daitomu exclaims. He sees Chihiro's expression, and attempts to calm that situation. The poor girl must be doubly overwhelmed. "Let us consider this foremost, a time for the honor and glory of marriage, all other implications and preparations set aside. This is a celebration, let us celebrate!"

Dagon fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 13, 2013

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Time Passes.

Shiro Murakumo - Council Chamber
Yes it has one.

After the wedding ceremony, celebrations, and due time to recover, you are each summoned to the council chamber. When you arrive, you see that, aside from the Hantei and his bride and father-in-law, you are to be joined by Doji Fuyuko, Kitsune Kyubi, Togashi Goro, and Agasha Arashi. Shosuro Shizuka, maskless, is seated as well, though she's a little away from the others.

If you have anything you want to do before you arrive or as you arrive, feel free to mention it in your responses.

As you are all seated, Hantei Kenta rises. "If I am to reclaim my father's throne, I must have support from the Clans. And more than that...to weather the coming storm, the Empire is going to need all the help it can get. Togashi Yokuni has assured me of the support of the Dragons, which is a start, but not nearly enough. I need the other clans to unite under my rule...and for this, I need your help. I am open to suggestions on how and where to begin."

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Moto Daitomu

"How things have changed. Years ago, my people would have been in my heart, and at the tip of my tongue for suggestion, but now..." Daitomu shakes his head. "Old enemies become allies. The Lion and Crane are the obvious choices, to me. Both are close to the Emperor traditionally, and now both are cast out. The Lion, in particular; 'When the last Akodo falls, so falls the last Hantei.'"

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Matsu Itaru

"It is true that the Lion will willingly follow the surviving scion of Hantei, our honour demands it." Itaru begins in response to Daitomu's comment. "However I fear that many of our clan elders will not feel that a single chime will be sufficient proof to incite rebellion." He continued sadly. "They may gainsay the word of Shosuro-Sama and...Hantei Kenta Ouji-Sama." He added, pausing for a moment to figure out exactly how he should address the Son of Heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Ikoma Asano

Asano drums his fingers on his leg in thought.

"It may be risky, but...it is possible the ronin Toturi could assist. There are many still loyal to your family under his banner, mostly Lion, but some from other Clans as well. Such a move could increase the number of your supporters, but it would run the risk of alienating others in the Clans."

• Locked thread