Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
downout
Jul 6, 2009

Rebirth – Vanilla Warcraft Server 1.12.1

Information
The Rebirth server is dedicated to the genuine vanilla World of Warcraft experience. Freakyuno runs the server and has shown unwavering dedication through some major problems. Fixes for anything game-breaking are implemented quickly. Currently MC and ZG are the two available raids at 60. Both raids are scripted fairly well and completely playable. Freaky has stated in the past that he is intent upon following the script by releasing BWL, AQ, and finally Naxx. There is no official Rebirth timeline, so how long this will take is at freaky's discretion as he has time or help. Experience is set at 1x meaning that it is the same leveling rate as the original 1-60 vanilla Warcraft. It is a lot of work, but if you have never played vanilla, it's a great chance to try it out. It was well done and an all-around great game.

History
Freaky started the server around fall of 2011. (Greggy has it at August of 2011.) It got off to a strong start, but has had some setbacks since then. Some players left because of some content additions and fixes taking too long. There were also problems with DDoS attacks throughout the later half of 2012. Most recently freaky made server changes to mitigate the attacks, designed a new website, and is in the process of designing a completely new forum layout.

The server has been growing fairly regularly since a DDoS attack throughout December (2012). The attacks had been happening through the fall of 2012 to most of the vanilla Warcraft servers. The last one knocked the server offline for about three weeks. It took exceptionally long because freaky migrated the server to new hardware that makes it less vulnerable to a DDoS attack. Since those changes the server has been up almost continuously. According to freaky, they were continuing to be attacked, but it was fully mitigated by the changes he implemented.

Installation Information

Getting Started List
To play on the server you will need to have or find the vanilla installation for World of Warcraft. This can be from installation discs or from any other source you can find. The facebook group has a pinned post at the top with some links available to help you with this. Once the installation is complete, then it needs to be updated to the correct version: 1.12.1. Important Note: Do not start with the WoW Launcher. This will cause the install to try to update incorrectly. To login the realmlist.wtf file needs to be edited by deleting everything in it and replacing it with
code:
set Realmlist wow.therebirth.net
You will also need to make an account on the Rebirth Website, so you can login to the server.

If you have any problems feel free to ask for help on the facebook group. There is a ton of information available on the pinned post at the top of the facebook group, so read it at least. If for some reason you don't use facebook, etc feel free to ask here, and maybe I or another poster can help you.

Pinned Facebook Information Post

Paxton James posted:

Welcome to The Rebirth!

The Rebirth is a blizzlike realm celebrating "Vanilla" WoW. We are only 1x rates, now and forever, as that is part of the real experience. Content is very solid and improving. Our feedback allows us to consider ourselves the best and we know you will agree. After overcoming a significant attack on our resources, our daily numbers are growing. Raiding is back on schedule and working to get reorganized, and successful raids (ZG/MC) are being completed by both factions. We couldn't have a better community of people sticking it out and making this their home. We are glad that you have chosen to give us a look, and for those that have come back or stayed, Thank you.

If you are looking for the client we have been recommending:

(thanks Jacob K): http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/5158084/World_of_Warcraft_1.12.1_Full_Client___Patches

or those that have tried the Feenix client, fix that junk with http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=DTJqMeN6S to play (thanks to Ralph Dudley)

For Linux under wine - make sure you run opengl mode with --opengl on command line or SET gxApi "opengl" in config.wtf.

Mac users experiencing issues can try:

SET M2UseShaders "0"
SET gxApi "opengl"

in the config.wtf file.

In your config.wtf file or realmlist.wtf, set the realmlist to wow.therebirth.net to connect.

Account Creation can be done at http://www.therebirth.net/ (top right of main page)

/join global to get access to the cross-faction chat once you are in game.

Our forum system is being re-written from scratch and is closer to release. Please feel free to use this group until then to contact your friends out of game.

For in-game assistance please open a help ticket. This allows multiple people to see your issue. GM's are not constantly monitoring global but do respond to every ticket as fast as possible. They are also not always visible when testing issues so again, tickets are the most reliable route as. "Are any GM's on?" in global is not the best route.

There are a few guilds within both factions, the two largest are Hate (Horde) and Progress Denied (Alliance)

For Horde, please visit HATE's forums at http://haterebirth.enjin.com/
For Alliance, please contact any member of Progress Denied and they will get someone in touch with you.

Please feel free to report major issues here on the forum such as inability to login. Please check to see if it has already been posted that there is an outage. Any other issues in game can be sent in via a ticket where they will be solved or submitted as actual bugs after verification.

Thank you!

I think Greggy said it best.

Greggy posted:

-NO DONATIONS. There is NO pay to win feature on this server. They strive to make sure Blizzard will never take down the server, and the main factor in this is that they never make a profit from it. THIS MEANS THERE ARE NO SUBSCRIPTIONS FEES. THIS IS FREE TO PLAY.
-The server is incredibly stable.
-Nearly NO lag on the server, many players report getting a better ping here than on retail.
-Freaky(the head honcho) has proven to be consitant with updates/bug fixes and is very dedicated to the server.
-GOONS! Trust them as far as you can throw them.
-We have plenty of players through all level ranges to party up with and grind out those quests.
-Nostalgia
Most of what was quoted is still true. GUILD doesn't raid anymore, but some players still log in. With the server changes made by Freaky there is really no lag anywhere in the world. European players report consistently low ping rates. Now with the new server upgrades there are new players joining everyday meaning more players leveling which for you means more people to group with to get those sweet, sweet elite quests done!

Vote for the Server!
http://www.xtremetop100.com/in.php?site=1132325311
http://fansitelist.com/in/227919/therebirth-1.12.1-1x/
http://www.gamesites200.com/wowprivate/in.php?id=10732
http://www.ultimateprivateservers.com/world-of-warcraft/index.php?a=in&u=Therebirth
http://www.gtop100.com/in.php?site=72717&cookie_test=true
http://topg.org/World-Of-Warcraft/in-354016
http://www.top100arena.com/in.asp?id=78279

Links
Official Rebirth Site *Not complete* Freaky is still working on additional parts, but new accounts can be created here.
Official Facebook Page - Many updates/discussion of what is happening with the server.
Old Thread - Thank you to Greggy from the last thread for many of these links.
New Forum Template - This is an example of the new forums. They aren't finished and will be wiped, but for now it's an example of what's to come.
New PVP Standings Template - This is an example of the page containing PVP standings on Rebirth. It is not complete at the moment, but it is updated to current standings.

WoW Databases

Talent Calculators and Macros

Profession Links

Addons

Server Status Program – The Server Website now has this on the right side of the page assuming it's working. This was extremely useful during the DDoS, and thank you AotC for making it.

AotC posted:

Rebirth Status V2

Look at these sexy previews

Is that some player count AND ping?

A config page?! Is that some leeroy I see?

If you want this crazy application go over here and grab Binaries.zip. If you're a crazy C# developer go ahead and grab RebirthStatus.zip too.

This release actually has a config file now so be sure to right click the icon and click on settings if you want to customize your delays. Or if you just want to hear Leeeeeeeeeeeeeroy Jeeenkiiinsss when the login and realm servers are up.

Edit: I'll look into getting github or something like that for everyone that wants to help

Guilds
At this time there is one major guild on each major faction. They accept players at all levels as far as I know. Hate is the main guild on the Horde side, while Progress Denied is the main guild on the Alliance side. From personal experience Hate is helpful guild, and if you need any assistance feel free to ask. There are a few other guilds on either side if you would like to join a smaller guild. There is a better explanation on the facebook group page as well.

Global Channel
There is a cross-faction channel called “global” that can be joined by typing “/join global”. Join at your own risk, although it can be hilarious when Humble gets on and complains about Alliance pvpers.

Auction Houses
All of the auction houses are linked. So what this means is that the main city auction houses for all faction locations are linked as well as the goblin action houses in Booty Bay and Gadgetzan. It's one of the few changes to deal with smaller population.

Class Information – thanks to Greggy for this.

Greggy posted:

Archived 1.12 SA Class Threads:
Rogues
Warlocks
Mages
Hunters
Druids
Shaman
Priests
Warriors

A lot of the archived class threads have links to talent builds that can't be seen because of changes to the talent calculators, but thanks to awesome goons we have a tool to help with that.

Gripen5 posted:

This is curtsey of Mewse in the Emerald Dream thread:

http://www.doomers.org/vanilla_talents/

He wrote both the original script and set up the website that now does everything for you. Just be warned that some talent builds don't seem to work. I know I had trouble with Shaman builds, which I don't think work at all. And some builds just display with too many or too few talents.

Here are some links I've rounded up for Warriors. If anyone has any more or corrections please let me know, and I'll add them.

quote:

PROT

440 Defense
http://www.tacticalgamer.com/world-warcraft-tactics-strategies-resources/67382-tanking-gear-pre-mc.html

http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t7720-warriors_protection_spec_worth/

DPS
Hit Caps
5% pvp (all attacks)
8% pve (melees)
17% pve (spells)

Assuming you are attacking a boss mob, you have an 8% chance to miss PLUS the difference in defense.

This means a mob +3 levels of you has 15 more defense. Each point of defense is 0.04% additional miss/block/dodge/parry.

15*0.04 = 0.6

8%+0.6% = 8.6%

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/17894-hit-cap-for-a-2hander/

Hit cap for fury warriors is, if I'm not mistaken, somewhere between 24-27%. Now good luck on that. I'd rather get about 16 and consider it redonculous to get more.

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/14583-fury-warrior-guide-pls/

Warrior Rage Generation Formula
http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t9115-new_warrior_rage_normalisation_formula/

If anyone has more information or important links available please post them, and I will update this OP as necessary. If you have any questions, feel free to post them for answers!

downout fucked around with this message at 22:42 on May 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sligapls
Nov 5, 2008
I've tried using a couple of browsers but it seems that therebirth.net is broken beyond the front page - Forums, Server Rules, How to Connect and Login links up top all lead to what look like blank frames.

I managed to make an account (called sligapls) but the 1.12.1 client that I have isn't connecting. Should realmlist.wtf be in the game's base directory or in some subdir somewhere?

downout
Jul 6, 2009

sligapls posted:

I've tried using a couple of browsers but it seems that therebirth.net is broken beyond the front page - Forums, Server Rules, How to Connect and Login links up top all lead to what look like blank frames.

I managed to make an account (called sligapls) but the 1.12.1 client that I have isn't connecting. Should realmlist.wtf be in the game's base directory or in some subdir somewhere?

I should have mentioned that the webpage isn't complete. Some of the links are dead, but should be fixed once things get finished. The realmlist.wtf file is in the base directory, but it may just be called realmlist. wtf is the file type. Also, if you have the 1.12.1 client from feenix, then it won't work because feenix made some changes so it wouldn't work. The top pinned post in the facebook group has more information about the feenix client or where to get other clients.

sligapls
Nov 5, 2008
AH right that's the problem - it was the thing with the most seeds and peers by farrrr...no facebook account! But maybe I can find my retail CDs from 2004 or whatever

downout
Jul 6, 2009

sligapls posted:

AH right that's the problem - it was the thing with the most seeds and peers by farrrr...no facebook account! But maybe I can find my retail CDs from 2004 or whatever

I'll copy over the pinned post from the group. It has lots of info about where to get a client, and how to fix the feenix client.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
Thanks for starting a new thread. The original one shouldn't have been closed.

Catpants McStabby
Jul 10, 2001

seriously, :wtc:
I'd love to sign up for this. It's been years since I've played on a good WOW server. However, the facebook group is full of bannings and drama over mod-abuse. Is everything cool?

edit: cool, glad everything's kosher. Can't wait to check it out.

Catpants McStabby fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 11, 2013

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Catpants McStabby posted:

I'd love to sign up for this. It's been years since I've played on a good WOW server. However, the facebook group is full of bannings and drama over mod-abuse. Is everything cool?

Yeah, it's not the norm. Freaky already handled it, and as far as I know there wasn't any mod-abuse. I haven't been following it that much, so I might have missed some details. As far as I know some people thought it would be a good idea to trade HKs. They got put on warnings, etc. Freaky made a post explaining how the handle such problems. (He's Bryan Sampica.) And since all of the GM/dev/mods is done on a volunteer basis, I give them a bit of leeway.

Edit: Actually, it looks like someone took a level 16 char and stole Rank 1 from alliance by feeding the char HKs or something. I sort of think it's hilarious, but I can see why alliance are pretty mad about it.

downout fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Feb 10, 2013

kazzin
Feb 16, 2004
I am der penguingott's adopted newbie
I have a lvl 41 Hunter named Boogboog horde side that I may jump back on.

I have an alliance account too but don't remember the log in stuff. I'll have to
experiment.

Was a great server. Hopefully it can get a renaissance now that all the drama has died down.

kazzin fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 11, 2013

downout
Jul 6, 2009

With the DDoS attacks mitigated the server population has been steadily growing. And despite the drama, it's a very fun community. Something about WoW pvp (probably most games' pvp) brings out the crazy. Today Hate fielded a 40 man raid for MC. We were full at the start of the raid and were down only 2-3 people after three hours.

Pudding Boy
Jul 21, 2002
Things are rolling along well on the horde side again. We did another full clear of Molten Core in pretty good time, and although some of us are getting a bit sloppy/cocky on the trash, it was a fun time as usual. I just need a piece or two from Onxyia and I will be close to out-gearing Apollo!

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Brave New World posted:

Thanks for starting a new thread. The original one shouldn't have been closed.

Sorry, the OP was incredibly out of date, would go days without posts, and I felt gave the wrong impression about the number of goons playing. I haven't actually played on The Rebirth in about a year and have been asking for someone else to make a thread for months.

HOWEVER feel free to use anything from it you want, downout! Thanks for taking the reins!

bookkeeper
Jul 14, 2010

it means "the kapital"

still Bookie, still making fun of Blaider. Gotta love that new thread smell.

I'm leveling on the ghost of a promise of level 60 world pvp, though. I hope we get the numbers to make it happen.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Fairly late, but as was mentioned upthread Hate (horde) took down Rag for the first time this weekend since the end to the DDOS problems. They put up some information on their webpage: http://haterebirth.enjin.com/

f1av0r
Jan 13, 2008
What is the current population averages throughout the day?

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
I'm downloading the client now, I can't wait to check this out.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

f1av0r posted:

What is the current population averages throughout the day?

I can't say for sure, but not as high as it's peak last year. It has been steadily climbing with people returning and new people joining, especially as the server already had a good name for the quality of scripting and has been very reliable since the upgrades/changes. Getting groups for instances while leveling isn't always the easiest, but often you might be able to find a higher level to help out a group of three or four. I personally skipped a lot of instances because the xp is horrible and the itemization often leaves a lot to be desired. Groups at 60 are easy to find horde-side, not sure about alliance.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I logged a few days ago during peak hours to see what was going on and there were 12 alliance 60's.

\/\/ That's on page 4 the Emerald Dream thread.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Mar 5, 2013

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Maybe someone can help find this link. In the old thread someone made a script to convert old wowhead.com talent build links into a working talent calculator. I think it was done in Python. If anyone remembers that or knows where to find it, could you please post a link?

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.

He wrote both the original script and set up the website that now does everything for you. Just be warned that some talent builds don't seem to work. I know I had trouble with Shaman builds, which I don't think work at all. And some builds just display with too many or too few talents.

Edit: Oh it seems someone already responded to you. Oh well, now I have the link for the lazy person.

Gripen5 fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 27, 2013

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Gripen5 posted:

Edit: Oh it seems someone already responded to you. Oh well, now I have the link for the lazy person.

Thanks! You should just play on Rebirth McSpank, obviously.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

For anyone with no facebook account:

freaky posted:

I'm afraid our provider is experiencing an outage that was beyond their control. We have a support ticket in to move our cluster off the affected servers, I'll keep everyone posted.

Back up!

downout fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 28, 2013

BlackJoo
Sep 26, 2011

That's not a dagger, it's called a syringe!
Had a 60 shammy (Joobait) with GUILD back in fall of 2011, those were the good ol' days. Does anyone from back then still play? Is there still hate for Shadowcaster?

downout
Jul 6, 2009

BlackJoo posted:

Had a 60 shammy (Joobait) with GUILD back in fall of 2011, those were the good ol' days. Does anyone from back then still play? Is there still hate for Shadowcaster?

There are a few people that kept playing, and recently a few have come back. I haven't seen Shadowcaster in a long time though.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

BlackJoo posted:

I significant number of GUILD rolled on Emerald Dream. Off the top of my head: Tanners, Binion, Jaeleth, Shamanagans, Wallabees, Zap, and Frederic all have 60's. A number of others such as Niq are still in the process of leveling.

Thread here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3526529

\/\/ You're right and I apologize. I made some edits to both of my posts and will stop. He just asked about certain people and I figured I would inform him.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Mar 5, 2013

bookkeeper
Jul 14, 2010

it means "the kapital"

Please stop hijacking our threads

it's rude.

tia

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Something of note; Server location effects latency. That said, as a mountain standard time goon, the above mentioned server was terribad for my ping.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I don't play a whole lot so I don't think I can ever see myself hitting 60, but this server is beyond wonderful with it's lack of horrid latency I usually get.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I've been playing the hell out of this lately, but was still surprised when I got into a Deadmines group with relative ease. Even more surprised when two of the members were brand new to the game, "Oh, that must be the final boss, he has a voice!" "Whoaaaa, that's a HUGE ship." Fun, and we managed to take VanCleef's head with only a few deaths along the way.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

The population has been growing steadily in the past few months. It seems to be an average of about 40-50 people on during most days, as well as a strong Euro population. We are starting to see large jumps during the weekends as well. Horde and Alliance have regularly been scheduling MC/ONY/ZG raids each week. Most recently freaky posted this on the Rebirth website.

freaky posted:

Hey Rebirthers!

As we know many of you are anxious for BWL, I've decided we need to give you guys a firm date, and release the content tested and working. :)

There's a lot to do in working over an entire dungeon, and we take it very seriously to make sure it operates as it should per the 1.12.1 manifesto. That being said, we're going to promise on our BWL release by 3/31/2013. I know many of you are anxious to get in there and cut your teeth on the next level of content!

For those that have concerns with this, rest assured, I understand. The issues that have been uncovered in other content such as the Onyxia encounter and some of the abilities making some classes a little more powerful than they should be, are being looked into and worked on as I type this. Look for a content patch rather soon to address some of these things.

As always, stay classy, have fun, and enjoy all that we have to offer!

In the past things have come up for freaky (and what devs he might have) and slowed fixes, content additions, etc, so this may take a bit longer. It's still great to see a target date!

Edit: Last night was a great example. There were ~15 horde playing between the levels 20-35, so groups are available for dungeons.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

So I didn't get to play this weekend, but apparently the server population hit a new high this weekend. The population has been steadily climbing for months now. The Horde and Alliance are easily packing their 40 man raids with people with extra backups ready to go. If anyone is thinking about leveling, this might be a great time to give it a shot. Be advised, as expected the weekends are the highest population times. However, the population during the week for the last few weeks has been very steady with plenty of levelers.

I wanted to mention that the Rebirth forums currently work, but they are slow. Freaky made a post about this a week ago and is aware of some issues. He is looking into it but got hit with a bout of pneumonia. Hopefully he is feeling better now.

Twaan
Apr 3, 2009
I still play on alliance side as Twan, daily.
Some lvl 19 BG's been popping lately as well.
In before sentry cloaks and chanter staffs cost 100g each!

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I was convinced that this server was going under. Nice to see it's rebounded. Maybe it's time to shake the dust off Bonesmccoy and finally get to 60.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

WTB Nadalia, anyone still get on with that char? Looking for the spellpower enchant!

rectal_rocket
Feb 23, 2013
How does this server compare to Emerald Dream bug wise? I'm thirsting for a vanilla WoW experience, but after trying that server, decided to hold that urge off until something a little less buggy came along, or at least something where the npcs dont constantly shoot up into the air and fall back with every step they take.

Also, what are they up to raid content wise?

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
I can't speak about the raids, but Rebirth is way more stable than Emerald Dream is.
  • ED has major connectivity issues.
  • It seems that fully 10-20% of ED's quests are bugged. Special mention goes to their lovely scripting for any quest items in containers that makes said items only retrievable literally hours after the last person used it.
  • Like you mentioned, enemies in mines will frequently jump into the floor or ceiling and proceed to kill you from there.
  • Just wait until you meet an NPC that runs through walls to summon his buddies.
  • Emerald Dream is a full team of people that don't seem to give a gently caress about how buggy their server is.
  • Rebirth is one guy that runs an awesome server as a labor of love.
So why the gently caress did I move to Emerald Dream? Because it has more people. I kinda regret it though.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Brave New World posted:

I can't speak about the raids, but Rebirth is way more stable than Emerald Dream is.
  • It seems that fully 10-20% of ED's quests are bugged. Special mention goes to their lovely scripting for any quest items in containers that makes said items only retrievable literally hours after the last person used it.
  • Like you mentioned, enemies in mines will frequently jump into the floor or ceiling and proceed to kill you from there.
  • Just wait until you meet an NPC that runs through walls to summon his buddies.
  • Emerald Dream is a full team of people that don't seem to give a gently caress about how buggy their server is.
So why the gently caress did I move to Emerald Dream? Because it has more people. I kinda regret it though.

This. All of it.
If it wasn't for the sheer population, Rebirth would be the clearly better choice.

weato
Oct 29, 2010

Brave New World posted:

All of this. In addition I find ED to be horribly spiky, and I get a ping of 120-150. On Rebirth I'm stable in the 30-50 range.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

weato posted:

All of this. In addition I find ED to be horribly spiky, and I get a ping of 120-150. On Rebirth I'm stable in the 30-50 range.

I hear they've been getting clobbered by DDOS attacks. Whatever the reason, it is annoying as hell. There are spots in the game world where lag is horrible compared to others, places which cause me to crash to desktop, occurrences of my hole computer locking up for a couple minutes. (this happened when engaged in world PvP of all things) Mobs are never precisely where they are shown on screen, and every time I waltz into melee distance I have to take a couple steps backward due to "facing the wrong way". A few people have claimed that there are very few "loose ends" to be fixed on ED. It simply is not true.

Neither Rebirth nor ED seem to be able to fix the mac boat/zep bug, if either actually give two fucks about their mac players. ED has yet to even acknowledge the issue exists.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Rebirth fixed the mac zeppelin bug when I last played. Unless they reverted it somehow, which would be pretty awful. It was a weird fix: you kind of fell through the zeppelin, and right before you hit the ground/water it'd teleport you back up on top of it, but I never got actually dropped off.
Although if it did get reverted, the only one that I know to watch out for is the Ratchet/Booty Bay boat. The zeppelins are safe as long as you don't go AFK on the flight path, but the boat to Booty Bay drops you way further out.

• Locked thread