Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Not that it matters what I think, but personally I want the free time events to give us as many glimpses into different characters as possible instead of focusing on one or two favorites. The DR1 thread pretty much missed out on Asahina's entire character by ignoring her during free time events in them, and she was hilarious, especially her donut obsession.

Also personally I'm paranoid about the idea that there won't be a murder any time soon so we'll lose out on character development via character interaction dumps like the ones in the DR1 thread.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vyxzuw
Oct 16, 2012

Please stop shitposting in the Let's Play Dangan Ronpa thread!

Anoia posted:

I hope it's a countdown to a party. That would be hilarious.

Well, it's Monobear, so it'll be a party...a party of MURDER!

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Vyxzuw posted:

Well, it's Monobear, so it'll be a party...a party of MURDER!

You were so close. You just had to say "a party... a party to MURDER!" and you would have nailed it. You're breaking my heart, random consonants name guy. You're breaking my heart.

"Party" can also mean "a person or group involved in something such as an agreement or disagreement, especially a contract or legal case, with another person or group." So "a party to murder" means "a murderer or an accomplice."

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.

Einander posted:

You were so close. You just had to say "a party... a party to MURDER!" and you would have nailed it. You're breaking my heart, random consonants name guy. You're breaking my heart.

"Party" can also mean "a person or group involved in something such as an agreement or disagreement, especially a contract or legal case, with another person or group." So "a party to murder" means "a murderer or an accomplice."

Ah, good use of the other meaning of "party", but it's not as catchy. I would've suggested "a party... a party to DIE for!", if we're talking alternatives to Vyxzuw's joke.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Not that it matters what I think, but personally I want the free time events to give us as many glimpses into different characters as possible instead of focusing on one or two favorites. The DR1 thread pretty much missed out on Asahina's entire character by ignoring her during free time events in them, and she was hilarious, especially her donut obsession.

Also personally I'm paranoid about the idea that there won't be a murder any time soon so we'll lose out on character development via character interaction dumps like the ones in the DR1 thread.
I don't see how we missed out on her entire character because of the free time events. Asahina's free time events focused on her wanting to become a more carefree person, less focused on her sports, and her possible crush on Naegi. We got to see plenty of her character in the main storyline and the free time events added to that, but weren't all of her character.

Free time events are optional. We're doing them because why wouldn't we, but the game says you don't have to if you don't want to. Anything unimportant to the main game goes in there. It gives us a glimpse into the characters, but they shouldn't be the end all be all for characters and understanding how they're like. People who voted for Fatgami for example should not expect him to tell us about his connection to Monobear and how he has been through all of this before, because something that important would be mentioned in the main story and not in optional portions.

I'm sure the less important characters to the story won't get many interesting scenes in the game and that sucks, but any free time events missed are going to be covered after the game ends anyway.

HangedManArcana
Dec 12, 2012

...T...Thank you.

RefinedUndefined posted:

Ah, good use of the other meaning of "party", but it's not as catchy. I would've suggested "a party... a party to DIE for!", if we're talking alternatives to Vyxzuw's joke.

Oh, I would KILL for a party like that!
I am so sorry for that terrible pun. Back on Topic it was... Nagito, Togami, and Sonia in the top three? I think Nagito's going to actually be unavaiable. He needs to clean the party room, doesn't he?

Tombolo
Oct 13, 2012

RefinedUndefined posted:

I dunno, I think I'd need to see the original Japanese. We should pester oren and see what vyxzuw's original line was!

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.

HangedManArcana posted:

Oh, I would KILL for a party like that!
I am so sorry for that terrible pun. Back on Topic it was... Nagito, Togami, and Sonia in the top three? I think Nagito's going to actually be unavaiable. He needs to clean the party room, doesn't he?

First off, no need to apologise, I enjoy bad puns. Secondly, he may still be available, because the cleaning might not take so long, or other people may decide to help him clean up the place.

Tombolo posted:

I dunno, I think I'd need to see the original Japanese. We should pester oren and see what vyxzuw's original line was!

You forgot to mention that we should pester Fedule about Vyxzuw's line.

RefinedUndefined fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 12, 2013

Athar1007
Oct 11, 2012

Faction Namer
Just my two cents:

Nagito being tasked with cleaning duty means he's gonna be the ONLY ONE WITH A SOLID ALIBI when the first murder happens.

How's that for good luck?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Athar1007 posted:

Just my two cents:

Nagito being tasked with cleaning duty means he's gonna be the ONLY ONE WITH A SOLID ALIBI when the first murder happens.

Or a corpse could be found in the place that he's cleaning when apparently no one else has been there. Furthermore, what prevents him from stopping cleaning for a short while, murdering someone, then going back and finishing the job. "No, you see I couldn't have done it as this place is rather clean" is something I'd at least take with a grain of salt.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Athar1007 posted:

Just my two cents:

In all fairness, that's pretty much the kind of thing I'd expect given how SHSL Good Luck worked in the last game. I have to give you that.

Captain Pissweak posted:

Or a corpse could be found in the place that he's cleaning when apparently no one else has been there. Furthermore, what prevents him from stopping cleaning for a short while, murdering someone, then going back and finishing the job. "No, you see I couldn't have done it as this place is rather clean" is something I'd at least take with a grain of salt.
What the gently caress? That's got to be one of the dumbest suggestions I've heard in this thread. What are you basing that on? What person would kill someone and then hide the body where only they have been? And then there's the danger of being seen outside of where they're supposed to be by somebody else, which instantly makes him even more suspicious. I sincerely hope that was a joke post.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CrashScreen posted:

What the gently caress? That's got to be one of the dumbest suggestions I've heard in this thread. What are you basing that on? What person would kill someone and then hide the body where only they have been? And then there's the danger of being seen outside of where they're supposed to be by somebody else, which instantly makes him even more suspicious. I sincerely hope that was a joke post.

That isn't what he said - you've combined two different things there. He was proposing A)Someone could murder someone and slip the body in to frame Nagito OR B)Nagito could sneak out and commit a murder and use the fact he was cleaning as an alibi.

I don't think either of these scenarios are particularly likely, but it's not as mindbogglingly stupid as you made it out.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
As far as free times go it's almost more beneficial to just hit a characters full development because seeing the first one or two of everyone just gives a whole bunch of incomplete stories while we could just have some complete ones to go on instead of having to wait until post game for everyone's free time past #1.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

That isn't what he said - you've combined two different things there. He was proposing A)Someone could murder someone and slip the body in to frame Nagito OR B)Nagito could sneak out and commit a murder and use the fact he was cleaning as an alibi.

I don't think either of these scenarios are particularly likely, but it's not as mindbogglingly stupid as you made it out.

poo poo, yeah. For some reason I read it like he was elaborating. It'd still be dumb for the character to do, but yeah, it's not as bad as I thought. There's still an issue as to how someone could sneak a body into where Nagito is cleaning, especially with the party that very day, and besides when I say, "What person would kill someone and then hide the body where only they have been?", the rest of that holds up.

Still, I jumped on Captain Pissweak a bit too harshly for that, in hindsight. My bad.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Athar1007 posted:

Just my two cents:

Or he may end up being the victim, and everyone has an alibi because nobody was helping him.

Your "good luck" ain't nothin' on Monobear's isle of despair. :tinfoil:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

CrashScreen posted:

poo poo, yeah. For some reason I read it like he was elaborating. It'd still be dumb for the character to do, but yeah, it's not as bad as I thought. There's still an issue as to how someone could sneak a body into where Nagito is cleaning, especially with the party that very day, and besides when I say, "What person would kill someone and then hide the body where only they have been?", the rest of that holds up.

Still, I jumped on Captain Pissweak a bit too harshly for that, in hindsight. My bad.

I'm not suggesting it as a thing that would happen - actual theorising in these threads never ends well. I'm just saying that I don't think Athar's proposed "perfect alibi" is quite as foolproof as they thought.

Still, I probably should have made that more clear. No hard feelings or anything - got to keep stupid poo poo down in here.

Seagull fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Feb 13, 2013

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Mazed posted:

Or he may end up being the victim, and everyone has an alibi because nobody was helping him.

Oooh. I've got an idea. He dies horribly and the case gets solved all neat and tidy...

...except for one remaining thread, unearthed completely coincidentally, which keeps coming up, and ends up destroying Monobear and letting everyone off the island.

Which would be a totally awesome use of SHSL Luck if it wasn't what happened to Mukuro.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Re: Beautiful Morning

We had a landslide winner with Komaeda in the latest vote. We know where he probably is - he did lose that lottery.

Ah, Hinata-kun...

I hate to turn you down when you came all the way here to see me... but I have my hands full with cleaning right now.

I have to finish before the party starts, you see... See you in the evening.

How unfortunate. Luckily, we have a tie for second place!

I still can’t believe that many people didn’t predict this would happen.

* ding-dong *

Who is it?

How unfortunate... I so wanted to be on cleaning duty...

Why cannot a princess clean? It makes no sense!

What should I do? Should I spend time with Sonia?

Spend time / Go somewhere else

Very well then! I'll just go ahead and clean anyway! Come, let us do it together!

I spent time cleaning the hotel with Sonia.

Even though I felt humbled, I think we got a little closer...

Should I give her a present?

Give / Do not give

Fan-tasmagoria: A folding fan passed around since the Heian period. It is told any person holding it can communicate with spirits.

I may really have that?

Thank you very much. You are most kind, Hinata-san.

Despite it all... this island truly is a magnificent place.

The weather is calm and the sea blue. It's as though we were staying in a resort!
I guess that's true, but...

Oh? Have I said something strange?
No... I just think you're pretty calm, considering.
Don't you feel anxious about our situation?

Of course I do. That, and anger too.
I have had it! Enough tomfoolery!

Tom who...?

But, what comes of it depends on us alone. Were we to eschew this mutual killing, then all would be fine.
I guess that's a fair argument... but...
I came here originally in order to further my studies of your country.
It might have been different were this my own country, but for me, this is a foreign land.

I do not plan on killing anyone... nor have I any interest in meekly being killed!

That’s a... strangely dangerous thing to say.

Speaking of, she said it might have been different if it was her own country... Would it?

In any case, let us forget about mutual killing, and work hard together so we can quickly return home.
Hinata-san, if you should come across a good idea, let me hear it, please. I shall work hard and think of one too!
Yeah... of course.
Somehow... I feel a little more positive when speaking to you.
Hehe... It is an honour.

There is no need for formality! Raise your head!

This is absurd, and yet somehow appropriate... She truly is a princess, I guess.

Ah, speaking of, what kind of a place is your country?

I think its name was... Um...

Novoselic / Novitalic / Novosetalic

The kingdom of Novoselic, was it?

Hehe. You sound as though you had difficulty remembering that.
Well... I haven't really heard anything about that country before...
That is only natural. It is easy to miss on a map of the world.

My Kingdom of Novoselic is a very small autocratic country.
Our population is small, but since our economy is successful, it is by no means poor.
The royal family is of an old lineage, and has long protected the country and its people from invasion by larger countries.
Because of that, the people have deep trust in their monarchs.

Oh, I almost forgot! Our secret specialities are wine and chocolate!
Huh... That really does sound like a "kingdom".
So... as a princess, do you live in a castle or something?

You betcha! Novoselic's royal castle has stood strong for a thousand years.
Though it may be a small, old castle, it is a wonderful historical building.

There are secret catacombs you can get lost in and forbidden towers too, of course!
I thought so! These kind of things are necessary!

Um... May I inquire some things of you as well?
Oh? If it's something I know the answer to, then sure.
Hinata-san, for whom are you aiming at first, and to whom do you plan to switch later?
...Excuse me?

I mean, our situation feels just like "The Story of Seven Men and Women"!
The only way it can go is for us to sway back and forth, and eventually do some swapping! That is the established trope, is it not?
Um, wait a second... What are you talking about?

Don't tell me... you've never heard of it?! It is a legendary Japanese TV drama!

The first season was a Summer Story, and when the second Fall Story season came along I couldn't believe what they were doing!
I couldn't wait to see where the story was going... I was in ecstasy through the entire series!

Oh, how I cried for Momoko's heart at that one time...

Kyaaaaaa! So intense!

I usually don't go into references that go over the head of the average Japanese reader, but I'll make an exception here.
The Summer Story of Seven Men and Women was a romantic TV drama that aired in 1986. It proved popular enough to warrant a second season (a rare thing in the Japanese TV drama world), titled The Fall Story of Seven Men and Women, in 1987. Today, it is mostly remembered for leading to the real life celebrity marriage of the actors playing the male and female leads (the female being the aforementioned Momoko) -- followed by the birth of a strangely named girl (a popular model herself today) and then a celebrity divorce.
Now, don't say I don't suffer for my art. I tracked down the first episode of the series and watched it to see what Sonia is making such a fuss about. I have just two takeaways from the ordeal: 1. Hairstyles in '80s Japan were just as ridiculous as they were in the west, and 2. It is very bizarre to see Japanese people using landline phones.

...After that, I had to listen to Sonia talk about Japanese TV dramas some more.

At the very least, I came to understand how passionate a fan of them she is.

Hope shard acquired

After I finally managed to put an end to Sonia's endless talk, I left her room.

There's still time...

It's not like me to idle around doing nothing. I should go somewhere...

It may be just a byproduct of holding a party, but I am anxious to try Hanamura's cooking.
I wonder how this "Super High-school Level Cook" will compare to the Togami Conglomerate’s private chef...

What should I do? Should I spend time with Togami?

Spend time / Go somewhere else

Oh? Are you curious about the food our chef makes? Very well, I shall tell you all about it.

I listened to Togami talk about super-luxurious feasts for a long time.

It seems we became a little closer.

Should I give him a present?

Give / Do not give

Laserice HG: A cooking machine that can make "Pho" out of leftover rice. Responsible for the rise in the popularity of Vietnamese food.

It is a trifling gift, but I shall take it.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with next...

A chicken in the hand is worth more than beef in the refrigerator...
...Huh?
It is a German saying.
It means it is better to have something inferior close by than something better far away.

But, is chicken truly inferior to beef?
Aren't there times when you'd much rather eat fried chicken than steak?
Sure there are, but... what, exactly, are we talking about?

And are you sure that’s actually a German saying?

And why, if you're doing such a comparison at all, are you leaving pork out of the equation?
Is pork that unappealing for the German people?

No... that is probably not it.
Germany brings to mind sausages... and sausages bring to mind pork.

What does it mean?! Is there a conspiracy behind this?!

H...He seems hostile all of a sudden.

Hinata, I shall test your knowledge now.
Do you know what type of meat is most efficient for energy...?

The meat that holds the largest concentration of Vitamin B1! That can turn sugar into energy! What is it?!

Togami is... frightening in his seriousness...

This isn't good... how should I answer...?

Beef / Chicken / Pork

Um... is it pork?

Correct. It has about 10 times the B1 content of other meats.

Is that clear? 10 times!
Y...Yeah, it's clear... But what's still unclear is what you're talking about.

There is just one thing I want to say.
...Hinata, become my assistant.
...Huh?

The situation we have gotten involved with on this island is more complicated than I first thought.
Even the help of a simpleton such as yourself... is better than no help at all.
But... I can't even remember everything about myself...
You don't even know if my talent is something that can help you or not, do you?
Memories... You're troubled because of your memories, are you...?
Memories... do not mean much.
...Eh?

Even without your memories, you are still yourself, are you not? You can still live your own life.
That is enough. Simply being yourself is enough.

I... believe in the possibilities lying deep inside the person who is standing here before me.
T...Togami... Are you alright?
Furthermore... What good is one's past?

Even I... was once powerless. But now... now is different.
Throw away your past self. It means nothing.

Powerless...? What is he talking about? Was there really a time when Togami was powerless?

...Anyway, think about what I have asked.

But, more importantly, Hinata...

Which do you prefer, chicken or beef?

After that, Togami continued lecturing me about meat until he got heartburn...

But, really... I wonder what could have happened in his past...?

Hope shard acquired

Reached level 10

I said goodbye to Togami, and returned to my cottage.

Music stops

* ding dong ding dong *

Um, This is an announcement from Hope's Peak Academy's Field Trip Executive Committee...
It is now 10pm.
Please rest peacefully, along with the soothing sound of the waves.
Well then, pleasant dreams. Goodnight...

He may have said "Goodnight", but that just means today’s about to get started...

Right. We said we'd gather at the old lodge, didn't we?

orenronen fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Feb 13, 2013

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Majestic, inspiring food-obsessed Togami is a thing I will never get tired of.

I wonder how many times we'll have to talk to Sonia until she starts dropping random Debate & Discussion talking points out of nowhere again.

likecnsnnts
Jun 16, 2008

SPLINTER CELLULITE
These free time events are just fascinating. I remember them in DR1 being played for comedy, but I'm learning all sorts of things this time around. And gosh is Togami teasing us with what he may or may not know.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Man Togami takes his choice of meat very seriously.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Sonia confirmed for a Japanophile?

Seriously didn't think we'd get to see the inside of her cottage so easily. I really liked how in the first game you got to see the character's room once you maxed out all there scenarios. I wonder what SDR2 will do instead.

Emery
Feb 8, 2012

Orenronen posted:

(a rare thing in the Japanese TV drama workd)

I figure this is supposed to be world?

Man, Togami is really hinting hard at being the same guy as DR1 with that 'powerless' bit, plus the request for Hinata to be his assistant, like Naegi from the first game. At the very least the two Togami are really pretty similar in that respect.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

orenronen posted:

I still can’t believe that many people didn’t predict this would happen.

Seriously, this. The story already established that Nagito and Teruteru were going to be busy all day with preparations for the party. Why did people bother wasting their votes on them for free time, especially Nagito? :iiam:

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
Sweet crackers, the game is just beating us over the head with "It's the same Togami" suggestions in this free-time.

Edit: note to self. If you answer a phone call mid-post, refresh before posting to see if what you're saying has been posted already. :v:

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Sonia is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters, but must be one of the most difficult to translate/adapt for the audience since she not only stretches the language with her interpretations of idioms, but also apparently makes extremely obscure references to Japanese media.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Man, was Sonia's cottage like that when she got here? Weird. I mean, I guess last game the kids' individual rooms were decorated with their stuff but the framing of this one makes things feel a little different. I don't know why this surprises me.

orenronen posted:

And why, if you're doing such a comparison at all, are you leaving pork out of the equation?
Is pork that unappealing for the German people?

No... that is probably not it.
Germany brings to mind sausages... and sausages bring to mind pork.

What does it mean?! Is there a conspiracy behind this?!

You guys, I think whatever happened to Togami between games, it must've... broke him a little. :ohdear:

I mean, if the whole "gained 200 points, apparently for the fun of it" didn't already tip us off.

For all that the free time events don't directly reveal things- with this and everything previous, does anyone actually doubt that Togami remembers DR1?

Falls Down Stairs fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Feb 13, 2013

darkagentx
Dec 30, 2012

Not just any toy...
If this wasn't a murder mystery games, I'd believe this group, with Togami leading them so charismatically, would be able to eschew mutual killing. Which only serves to increase the anticipation for the first murder.

His passion for meat is hilarious though.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Neeksy posted:

Sonia is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters, but must be one of the most difficult to translate/adapt for the audience since she not only stretches the language with her interpretations of idioms, but also apparently makes extremely obscure references to Japanese media.

It gets worse when she does both at the same time.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

orenronen posted:

You betcha! Novoselic's royal castle has stood strong for a thousand years.

Since you mention it being particularly tricky, Oren: if I may be so bold as to request, Princess Nevermind's use of random informalities would make a great subject for translation talk. It'd be cool to know just what it is you're working with there.

Off the cuff, I'm gonna predict that this character ends up being way more stalwart and proactive than she appears at a glance. She's weird, too, but not as straight-up wacky as types like Ibuki or Nekomaru. Also, she's like Togami's bizarro counterpart.

Speaking of, Fatgami is no end of :stare:. Something is up with him, and as has been said, the game is going out of it's way to rub that in our faces.

Mazed fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 13, 2013

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm not sure if it's been discussed before, but the Free Time events for this game seem a lot more context-sensitive than the ones in DR1, which were pretty obviously written to take place at any point in the narrative. Is there something different going on in terms of how the game structures Free Time events? (I'm aware that this may not be appropriate to discuss if it turns out to be spoilery, but I think it's really interesting, and it makes the FT events feel more organic this time around.)

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

orenronen posted:

2. It is very bizarre to see Japanese people using landline phones.[/i]

:psyduck:
Why?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Falls Down Stairs posted:

You guys, I think whatever happened to Togami between games, it must've... broke him a little. :ohdear:

I mean, if the whole "gained 200 pounds, apparently for the fun of it" didn't already tip us off.

darkagentx posted:

If this wasn't a murder mystery games, I'd believe this group, with Togami leading them so charismatically, would be able to eschew mutual killing. Which only serves to increase the anticipation for the first murder.

His passion for meat is hilarious though.
Broken, weight gain, passion for meat.
Calling it now. Togami will eat his victim :chef:

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Antivehicular posted:

I'm not sure if it's been discussed before, but the Free Time events for this game seem a lot more context-sensitive than the ones in DR1, which were pretty obviously written to take place at any point in the narrative. Is there something different going on in terms of how the game structures Free Time events? (I'm aware that this may not be appropriate to discuss if it turns out to be spoilery, but I think it's really interesting, and it makes the FT events feel more organic this time around.)

You have to separate two things - the few lines when you first talk to a character, leading to the "do you want to spend time with X?" question, are always context-sensitive. There seems to be much unique dialogue for very specific points in the story for them, but it's only two or three lines.

The scenes themselves are rarely context-sensitive, and in the very few cases they are the game takes special precautions to prevent you from seeing them when they don't fit.

Gideon020
Apr 23, 2011

Because now you only ever see them with mobiles I guess.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Cell Phone is the Japanese nation pastime.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
I almost commented that Sonia's whole scene seems written as if no murders had occurred yet, but then I re-read it and realized that the "no murders" context was effecting how I was interpreting the things she said quite a lot. Chock-up the appearance of context-sensitivity to really clever writing?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Gideon020 posted:

Because now you only ever see them with mobiles I guess.

Yeah, I figure that Japan should have one of the highest saturations of cell phone usage in the world, what with them being so tech obsessed as they are.

Sonia has really continued to grow on me, especially with her mix of overly formal way of speech and informal word choices. Hella and Tomfoolery indeed. It must be a pain to translate, though.

I was surprised to see such a large vote for Nagito even though people probably should have figured that he was unavailable to spend time with since he was busy cleaning the shed. It's partially why I didn't vote for him, the other reason being that I don't really find him all that appealing.

Anyway, I figure that we're due for the first murder sooner rather than later, it's been an incredibly long setup time.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

orenronen posted:

Even I... was once powerless. But now... now is different.
Throw away your past self. It means nothing.

Well that's very convenient for you, isn't it game? :colbert:

So not only is there one deus ex machina explanation but two, either Togami was memory-wiped like everyone else or he really just shut out the past and refuses to acknowledge it, out of pride or something.

edit: I think it's really funny that Sonia's knowledge of Japan seems to all come from pop-culture, moreso that she'd actually expect their situation to play out like a TV drama.

HoneyBoy fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Feb 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So I assume that Novoselic is, like, pseudo-Luxembourg or something?

• Locked thread