Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Ryen Deckard posted:

I felt very similar, with Gearbox in my mind being the company that developed HL: Opposing Forces, Borderlands, and Brothers in Arms.

What I didn't realize until after this game was released, were just how many duds and mediocre games Gearbox has actually released. They were doing a great job making themselves the "gamers company" up until this release, when the facade dropped.
I've bought three Gearbox games: HL: Opposing Force (which I enjoyed), Borderlands (which I thought was ultimately really boring) and Borderlands 2 (which I felt was barely a step forward from the first game, also boring) so my faith in Gearbox hasn't exactly been strong. Still, even after DNF I had no idea they could gently caress up a game so badly; how hard is it to screw up something so simple and drat near perfect for a game as Aliens? Something like that nearly creates itself; you have to be actively making a bad game for that to turn out the way this game did.

Thankfully I paid no money to play it, but a friend of mine did. This was the first game he has ever gotten a refund on. :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Other bigger problems aside - I still laugh every time I remember there's a red dot scope attachment for the pulse rifle in this game. It's goddamn hilarious.

Mr. Studley
Apr 17, 2007
C'mon, video game previews are obvious fellatio no matter what the source. You can't really blame that on just Kotaku being Kotaku.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Grimey Drawer
Do they have two teams or something? It seems they make either a)standard gearbox game or b)DNF style

This feels so much like DNF in terms of how bad it is to play. What is going on with them?

Then again it feels like the last lovely BIA game was made by completely different people to the first two which I really enjoyed.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
So... why was the Obsidian Aliens RPG canned again?

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

PonchAxis posted:

This is why I hate previews for games and why games journalism is a joke. That whole article is just a dude fawning over the game saying the aliens are even scarier in the game than the movie. Like the biggest issue with this game is the whole xeno ai/animations and how easy they are to kill.

But couldn't he essentially be right, considering the demo shown wasn't any near representative of the final game? The demo shown to the press could basically be all rainbows, frolicing bunnies and super model blowjobs, even if the final game was anything but.

Yes, game journalism isn't exactly something proud, but in this case it seems like Gearbox really went out of their way to hoodwink people.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Revitalized posted:

So... why was the Obsidian Aliens RPG canned again?

SEGA is made of dumbasses?

From what I've been able to dig up, they wanted to consolidate their money behind Rebellion for AVP10. After that flopped commercially, and got panned, they decided to consolidate everything behind Gearbox and Colonial Marines.

Oh, and it was finished. So they gave up a completed game to make this.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Feb 13, 2013

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Rookersh posted:

Note it was ALREADY DONE according to Obsidian guys.

Is Obsidian under a gypsy curse or something?

I don't have a lot of business experience, but if SEGA was willing to completely eat the cost of development for a finished game to preserve the core brand then why the hell did they let a massive bomb like this out? They could have packed it all in two or three deadline extensions ago.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

cafel posted:

Is Obsidian under a gypsy curse or something?

I don't have a lot of business experience, but if SEGA was willing to completely eat the cost of development for a finished game to preserve the core brand then why the hell did they let a massive bomb like this out? They could have packed it all in two or three deadline extensions ago.

Obsidian is the whipping boy of the gaming industry, they got stiffed with New Vegas, with Neverwinter Nights 2, with Knights of the Old Republic 2, with Alpha Protocol, and I wonder how they're going to get stiffed with the South Park game.
Even if their games are buggy and generally unpolished, there's always something absolutely outstanding about them. Typically the story and the world creation, but NwN2 had amazing combat, as did KotR2, and Alpha Protocol was just leaps and bounds ahead of any other game when it came to figuring out the choice and consequence fad, which honestly, still hasn't even approached a shadow of what that game accomplished, Mass Effect is like child's play compared to that title's adapting plotline.
Their games have some lovely and unfinished aspects to them, but there's something to be said about a developer that takes its limited resources and time (which has been the Obsidian way, since their inception it seems like) and makes at least one part of their game absolutely incredible and worth playing for that portion of the game alone.
Compare this to most industry turds that are just all around garbage, and it's astounding that once again, Obsidian gets stiffed, but Gearbox is allowed to sweep this garbage under the carpet until SEGA gets so pissed at them that they slap some poo poo together in what was probably less than a year, push it out the door, and call it a day.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
Executive and Marketing heads don't know poo poo about video games except for final sales numbers, so when it comes to supporting an RPG (dead genre) or FPS (That's the same genre as Call of Duty right? money money money) they will always take the side that's 'supposed' to get more sales.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
All the same, it is kind of perplexing that with their last Alien IP based first person shooter failing and Obsidian's name getting huge traction from New Vegas they didn't consider dusting off the Aliens: RPG concept instead of throwing it to another mediocre first person shooter developer.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Scrree posted:

Executive and Marketing heads don't know poo poo about video games except for final sales numbers, so when it comes to supporting an RPG (dead genre) or FPS (That's the same genre as Call of Duty right? money money money) they will always take the side that's 'supposed' to get more sales.

Considering the success of KotR2 and New Vegas, Obsidian taking on existing, famous IPs has been a proven method, I think the South Park game will only reinforce that. I think New Vegas was already released for a decent amount of time before their Alien RPG got released, so I don't hold much stock in that theory.

^What he said.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Is it just me or is there like no released screenshots or footage of the cancelled game? I mean for a game that was in a "finished state" anyways...

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Revitalized posted:

Is it just me or is there like no released screenshots or footage of the cancelled game? I mean for a game that was in a "finished state" anyways...

There was footage released relatively recently, actually, within the last year or so. Long after it was cancelled, I should note. I have no idea how true the 'finished' statements are.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
Aliens: Colonial Marines getting a lower score than Duke Nukem Forever is genuinely unfair to the game. ACM actually has some decent competitive multiplayer (if the players controlling the aliens know the controls and are able to walk around on the ceilings and pounce on people), and last night I played the first three levels in co-op with three other goons and actually had a good time with that as well.

If you are expecting a cinematic experience that is like a sequel to the movie Aliens, then no, this game does not deliver at all, but if you want Left 4 Dead/Call of Duty in SPACE then actually the game seems to be doing OK.

Also not once did I see an alien or a mercenary giltch out and do a crazy animation or have an enemy become oblivious and ignore the players or anything like that. We were playing on Ultimate Badass difficulty and it was genuinely tough. The fights with aliens were like Left 4 Dead (except where the zombies effortlessly climb or jump over obstacles and climb on the walls) and the fights with mercenaries were like Call of Duty Modern Warfare. It was unremarkable but solid and the fact that they are aliens and the environment looks like places from aliens and you are firing pulse rifles gives that added Aliens fanboy pleasure. On max settings the textures and lighting and shadows looked fine except for one or two low-res computer screens here and there. The walls and signs and characters and objects etc had no problems.

Also there was a hilarious moment where I climbed into a powerloader and then one of the other players meleed me several times. (Yes, there is friendly fire.) My character calmly opened up the power loader, climbed out of it, and then died screaming. It was the only bizarre moment we experienced and it was absolutely hysterical.

This game should not be getting good review scores, but giving it 4 out of 10 is people being butthurt over it not meeting their expectations. The actual gameplay seems no better and no worse than fighting zombies in Left 4 Dead and shooting Arabs/Russians in Call of Duty, so unless things are going to go horribly downhill in a level or two, this game is simply disapointing, rather than the steaming pile of crap some people are calling it.

your evil twin fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Feb 13, 2013

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The difference is that Randy Pitchford, once again, made a point of bullshitting, and hyping his game to the point of no return. They're asking for the lovely reviews, it's only just desserts after seeing a video like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhBlO_AXgvs , and then comparing it to the final product, listen to what he says throughout the video, the claims he makes, how visibly excited he is about a game he knew, even back then, was utter poo poo.
It's a joke, gently caress this game, it's just a shame it didn't get even lower scores to punish Gearbox for their brash stupidity.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

zVxTeflon posted:

Piece of poo poo Aliens: Colonial Marines whos story makes no goddamn sense is canon but the jury is still out on Prometheus which was amazing? gently caress them.

"I believe in this, just because!" -said a character that was a professional career scientist, was literally the entire premise of that poo poo movie. If you like Prometheus, I don't know what to tell you. Even this terrible game had a better story line. At least Colonial Marines gets away with it on being a game, so a poo poo story is kinda expected anyways.

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

Your mama was a snowblower

your evil twin posted:

Aliens: Colonial Marines getting a lower score than Duke Nukem Forever is genuinely unfair to the game. ACM actually has some decent multiplayer, and last night I played the first three levels in co-op with three other goons and actually had a good time with that as well.

If you are expecting a cinematic experience that is like a sequel to the movie Aliens, then no, this game does not deliver at all, but if you want Left 4 Dead/Call of Duty in SPACE then actually the game seems to be doing OK.

Also not once did I see an alien or a mercenary giltch out and do a crazy animation or have an enemy become oblivious and ignore the players or anything like that. We were playing on Ultimate Badass difficulty and it was genuinely tough. The fights with aliens were like Left 4 Dead (except where the zombies effortlessly climb or jump over obstacles and climb on the walls) and the fights with mercenaries were like Call of Duty Modern Warfare. It was unremarkable but solid and the fact that they are aliens and the environment looks like places from aliens and you are firing pulse rifles gives that added Aliens fanboy pleasure. On max settings the textures and lighting and shadows looked fine except for one or two low-res computer screens here and there.

Also there was a hilarious moment where I climbed into a powerloader and then one of the other players meleed me several times. (Yes, there is friendly fire.) My character calmly opened up the power loader, climbed out of it, and then died screaming. It was the only bizarre moment we experienced and it was absolutely hysterical.

This game should not be getting good review scores, but giving it 4 out of 10 is people being butthurt over it not meeting their expectations. The actual gameplay seems no better and no worse than Left 4 Dead and Call of Duty (depending on whether you are fighting aliens or humans) so unless things are going to go horribly downhill in a level or two, this game is simply disapointing, rather than the steaming pile of crap some people are calling it.

Eh, I'm sticking with the shitpile assessment...MP is really buggy, even with the update, we've gotten dropped games here and there, weird freezes and disconnections, and during the survival mode three aliens got stuck in the ceiling and just screeched and thrashed in the room, also a TON of movement glitches in SP...the sewer sequence was the most unintentionally hilarious game of redlight/greenlight I've ever seen.

It's not the worst ever, but it's really loving bad.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I said come in! posted:

"I believe in this, just because!" -said a character that was a professional career scientist, was literally the entire premise of that poo poo movie. If you like Prometheus, I don't know what to tell you. Even this terrible game had a better story line.

Prometheus had Michael Fassbender, Aliens: Colonial Marines didn't.
Case closed, Prometheus wins.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

JebanyPedal posted:

Prometheus had Michael Fassbender, Aliens: Colonial Marines didn't.
Case closed, Prometheus wins.

Michael Fassbender has the sexiest head of hair.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I said come in! posted:

"I believe in this, just because!" -said a character that was a professional career scientist, was literally the entire premise of that poo poo movie. If you like Prometheus, I don't know what to tell you. Even this terrible game had a better story line. At least Colonial Marines gets away with it on being a game, so a poo poo story is kinda expected anyways.

The character in question was wrestling with their duty as a scientist and their faith as a human, which was the entire premise of that pretty good movie.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
Calling it now: A:CM DLC where you go to the planet from Prometheus and find the life support pod thing with the dead Engineer inside. :aaa:

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."

JebanyPedal posted:

The difference is that Randy Pitchford, once again, made a point of bullshitting, and hyping his game to the point of no return. They're asking for the lovely reviews, it's only just desserts after seeing a video like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhBlO_AXgvs , and then comparing it to the final product, listen to what he says throughout the video, the claims he makes, how visibly excited he is about a game he knew, even back then, was utter poo poo.
It's a joke, gently caress this game, it's just a shame it didn't get even lower scores to punish Gearbox for their brash stupidity.

Hmm, that's a fair point. I guess Gearbox deserve to get the low review scores as punishment for outright lying.

But as an actual useful indicator of the quality of the game in its own right, 4 is plain wrong. It's not the game I was hoping for, and I regret paying full price for it at launch, but I don't actually regret owning it. If anyone is a fan of Aliens I'd say it actually is worth picking up for cheap in a few months, primarily for the multiplayer, and also to perhaps go through the campaign once with a friend or two.

goku im piss posted:

Eh, I'm sticking with the shitpile assessment...MP is really buggy, even with the update, we've gotten dropped games here and there, weird freezes and disconnections, and during the survival mode three aliens got stuck in the ceiling and just screeched and thrashed in the room, also a TON of movement glitches in SP...the sewer sequence was the most unintentionally hilarious game of redlight/greenlight I've ever seen.

It's not the worst ever, but it's really loving bad.

Huh. I played 2 or 3 hours of multiplayer last night and never had any disconnections or people getting stuck in anything. And I had a great game of Extermination where I kicked arse as a marine and then as an alien I tore everyone to shreds as well, despite not being levelled up at all. So yeah, I had a blast.

your evil twin fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Feb 13, 2013

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

zenintrude posted:

The character in question was wrestling with their duty as a scientist and their faith as a human, which was the entire premise of that pretty good movie.

Sorry but no, I don't buy that, and the entire movie just completely falls apart once you start questioning all of the stupid things the characters did. It required that you make way too many assumptions, like it being possible to find a planet based on a drawing in a cave.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Sorry but no, I don't buy that,

No, no, no, what do you mean you don't buy that? That's the premise of the movie. That is the movie. There's no...there's no buying. That's what that character is. I don't...

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

JebanyPedal posted:

Obsidian is the whipping boy of the gaming industry, they got stiffed with New Vegas, with Neverwinter Nights 2, with Knights of the Old Republic 2, with Alpha Protocol, and I wonder how they're going to get stiffed with the South Park game.

I probably shouldn't try to speak for them but I really doubt most of those were considered "getting stiffed" with something by the developers.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

your evil twin posted:

Hmm, that's a fair point. I guess Gearbox deserve to get the low review scores as punishment for outright lying.

But as an actual useful indicator of the quality of the game in its own right, 4 is plain wrong. It's not the game I was hoping for, and I regret paying full price for it at launch, but I don't actually regret owning it. If anyone is a fan of Aliens I'd say it actually is worth picking up for cheap in a few months, primarily for the multiplayer, and also to perhaps go through the campaign once with a friend or two.

Perhaps in four years it will go the way of Daikatana and its expectations and hype will somewhat be separated from what it actually was and it'll just turn out to be astoundingly mediocre, but that stain is still going to be there and for now, it's just a fact that factoring in what a game was marketed as and presented as is an important thing to remember when assessing the final product. It's not like A:CM was marketed as a budget shooter by an indie developer, its faults are a lot less excusable.
Remember, people are paying 50-60 dollars (or even more, if they're getting the CE), for a product that was advertised to be far above the quality of what it actually is.

Assessing the situation anymore goes into the whole discussion of why most pre-release marketing for videogames should generally just flat-out be regulated by some board that measures the legitimacy of what is shown and what is actually being produced, since it's so blatantly hosed up at the moment. (look at all the doctored screenshots, the scripted preview videos, etc.)
It's pretty sad that this industry is so infantile when it comes to its pre-release materials and marketing that you look at the marketing for films, music, books, any other loving thing under the sun, and it's not nearly as malignant as the PR for videogames.

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

your evil twin posted:

Huh. I played 2 or 3 hours of multiplayer last night and never had any disconnections or people getting stuck in anything. And I had a great game of Extermination where I kicked arse as a marine and then as an alien I tore everyone to shreds as well, despite not being levelled up at all. So yeah, I had a blast.

Just curious, what are you playing the game on? I don't expect this to be a cohesive experience spread over the consoles and the pc.

All my experience at this point has been on the pc.

EDIT: I'm under the impression that the Pc version really didn't get much love, Sega cancelling the US version of the collectors edition proved that.

goku im piss fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Feb 13, 2013

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The worst thing about Prometheus is that it derails every thread the instant someone mentions it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

goku im piss posted:

EDIT: I'm under the impression that the Pc version really didn't get much love, Sega cancelling the US version of the collectors edition proved that.

Everything I've heard indicates that the PC version is the best looking, and running, version of the game.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

JebanyPedal posted:

Perhaps in four years it will go the way of Daikatana and its expectations and hype will somewhat be separated from what it actually was and it'll just turn out to be astoundingly mediocre, but that stain is still going to be there and for now, it's just a fact that factoring in what a game was marketed as and presented as is an important thing to remember when assessing the final product. It's not like A:CM was marketed as a budget shooter by an indie developer, its faults are a lot less excusable.
Remember, people are paying 50-60 dollars (or even more, if they're getting the CE), for a product that was advertised to be far above the quality of what it actually is.

Totally agree with this. Would also say that review sites that offer up numeric scores are basically acting as consumer guides, and the feeling of disappointment as a videogame consumer is pretty bad. I played it a bunch on XBox, and it's arguably the worst game I've played in the last decade by 'virtue' of being so glitchy and broken and horrible-looking.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Heti posted:

I probably shouldn't try to speak for them but I really doubt most of those were considered "getting stiffed" with something by the developers.

In the case of KotR2 and New Vegas, it was the typical issue of contracted developers being pressured into releasing their games in less than ideal states with hasty milestones and deadlines, New Vegas is especially heinous with the bonus payment situation and how, despite the game raking in absolute tons of cash, Obsidian was denied additional benefits because an arbitrary number prevented them from satisfying some pathetic terms in a contract.
Alpha Protocol was also generally rushed by SEGA, with a lot of the QA work being too little, too late.
Don't even get me started on how poo poo Atari was, that company is a whole other league of poo poo.

EDIT: Or are you arguing definition here, because I meant it in the sense that they were essentially screwed over.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

Calling it now: A:CM DLC where you go to the planet from Prometheus and find the life support pod thing with the dead Engineer inside. :aaa:

Don't forget the surprise twist where you find Captain Janek! It turns out he was harmlessly ejected from the Prometheus when it crashed into the engineer's ship and placed himself in hypersleep until help arrived.

BrandonGK fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 13, 2013

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

Everything I've heard indicates that the PC version is the best looking, and running, version of the game.

I have no experience with the 360 and PS3 versions to compare gameplay and graphics to other than videos, but for the engine it's running on it looks the best. But it's also not a very resource intensive game either. Small installation footprint, I have it running in maxed settings on a quad-core phenom 2.8, 8 gig of memory, and a GTX 560 ti, not a single frame-rate drop, but the graphic and physics glitches are pretty bad.

The lack of facial animation makes all the characters look like they're mumbling, the melodrama is completely hilarious as it combines with the lifeless expressions. The lighting at times hints of something better, but most of the time it's really too bright, and the animations mixed with the object detection glitches really take you out of the sinister atmosphere the game is trying to build.

The closeups with the aliens themselves show that they were trying to make some really great models, but again, the glitching and the weird and simply stupid AI just shits all over it.

eh.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

your evil twin posted:

If anyone is a fan of Aliens I'd say it actually is worth picking up for cheap in a few months, primarily for the multiplayer, and also to perhaps go through the campaign once with a friend or two.
Given the overall reaction to the game, unless the multiplayer is really good, there won't be much point in buying it a couple months down the track for that, unless you have a dozen buddies who're still in to it enough to play it with. I don't expect it to have the legs of Mass Effect 3's multiplayer by any stretch, and I don't see Gearbox borrowing Bioware's model and pumping out free multiplayer DLC's and weekend events to try keep the multiplayer community alive.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

pixelbaron posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LGRjl-QCIs

Has this been posted? If not it's worth a look.
Wait, hold on, did I just see a DNF jump animation? Starting at around 0:50. That looks like the DNF jump.

Then another video showed an NPC exchanging gunfire with a mercenary while there were at least a couple of solid walls in between them, and I was reminded of the Nightfire PC port, from seeing some of that LP. Alerted enemies will just magdump into the walls repeatedly trying to get at you. I had passed it off as a weird parallel until I read a post in this thread that reminded me: Gearbox was responsible for the Nightfire PC port too! Responsible in a very direct manner, even, since they apparently rebuilt the entire game on a completely different engine.

Instead of a list of design standards, does Gearbox in fact have a list of dumb poo poo and flaws that they have inexplicably mistaken for features?

everyone posted:

Canonicity stuff
I maintain that only acceptable headcannon is skul-gun. Now, this thread caused me to have a look at the very silly Aliens 3 THE GUN game on Youtube, and I do believe I saw some guns in the heads of those bizarre blue cyborgs. Draw your own conclusions.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Xenomrph posted:

I dunno, I had a blast with Hell's Highway, and that's seemingly regarded as the "worst" in the series. I've only played that one so far, but I do have the others on Steam and I'm looking forward to giving them a shot at some point.
All the BIA games are good if you like melancholic tactical squad-based shooters. Highly recommended simply because they're original. Haven't played 'em in years, so not sure if they've held up...

rizuhbull fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Feb 13, 2013

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Im going to derail this sad funeral for something else. Back in AVP2 the game we had some fleshed out baddies, Rykov the Russian PMC literally dragged himself from death valley and Eisenberg resorted to cannibalism to survive. Im a bit fuzzy on the docs story as his was the most vague, what exactly happened to Dr. Eisenberg before the game? I seem to remember the alien end game hes stuck to a hive wall with his arms and legs missing cause those are synth replacements. But I dont remember someone fill me in.

GameDevJoe
Feb 23, 2011

popewiles posted:

If only it were possible to make that gif the thread title.

Should be:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Gaj posted:

Im going to derail this sad funeral for something else. Back in AVP2 the game we had some fleshed out baddies, Rykov the Russian PMC literally dragged himself from death valley and Eisenberg resorted to cannibalism to survive. Im a bit fuzzy on the docs story as his was the most vague, what exactly happened to Dr. Eisenberg before the game? I seem to remember the alien end game hes stuck to a hive wall with his arms and legs missing cause those are synth replacements. But I dont remember someone fill me in.

If I recall correctly Eisenberg was part of a research expedition studying the Xenomorphs on that planet, and their outposts were overrun, so for a few days (or maybe weeks?) he was basically trapped inside of a room surrounded with the corpses of his other team members with aliens outside and had nothing else to eat. Also I guess he got almost killed by one? I can't really remember.

• Locked thread