Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkJC
Jul 6, 2010
Yeah the point is to keep your inbox for stuff that's truly new and requires your attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lexicon
Jul 29, 2003

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.
Oh ok. So under that workflow, something in the inbox implies it needs dealing with (whether unread or not)? And archived stuff is dealt with?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
It's like mail on your desk vs old stuff that's filed away but kept for record keeping or whatever.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

japtor posted:

It's like mail on your desk vs old stuff that's filed away but kept for record keeping or whatever.

Well my desk is hosed up then. :smith:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

PaganGoatPants posted:

Well my desk is hosed up then. :smith:
...I just realized my desk really is like my inbox :negative:

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
Still 100,000+ to go for me on Mailbox. Does anyone know how it plays with Sanebox filtering? And also, are messages that are hidden or moved by Mailbox also hidden/moved in Gmail's web interface?

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Idea for an app, I want to know if it exists.

It basically allows you to specify when your phone goes from silent to not silent. Could this be done?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

NZP posted:

It basically allows you to specify when your phone goes from silent to not silent. Could this be done?
So like timed mute-profiles? You'd need to jailbreak, unfortunately.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

NZP posted:

No, not in an App Store app. Your best option for that would be the limited functionality that exists in DnD.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

NZP posted:

Location and calendar-specific profiles have been a shortcoming on iOS since its launch and I seem to bring it up every month. Other phones have done it for ages.

Apple's aware of it.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Question Mark Mound posted:

So like timed mute-profiles? You'd need to jailbreak, unfortunately.

Even the jailbreak options for this kind of suck.

Give us more control over DnD, Apple!

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

bobfather posted:

Even the jailbreak options for this kind of suck.

Give us more control over DnD, Apple!

There used to be a Cydia app called MyProfiles or something like that. It was what I used when I switched from Blackberry to iPhone many years ago. Not sure if it's still around, but it did some nice profile related items in terms of alerts.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
HBO Go just got an update that supports AirPlay, which is pretty cool. Maybe a native AppleTV app is next?

Lexicon
Jul 29, 2003

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

wyoak posted:

HBO Go just got an update that supports AirPlay, which is pretty cool. Maybe a native AppleTV app is next?

Yup, this is inevitable. It's pretty clear that HBO wants to wring as much money from the current cable cartel, but with an eye to switching over to things like Apple TV as it becomes increasingly obvious that's the future.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Has anyone played with the Sleep Cycle app? I don't really trust the reviews in the store.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

obi_ant posted:

Has anyone played with the Sleep Cycle app? I don't really trust the reviews in the store.

I love it. It's one of the only apps I've actually paid money for.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

obi_ant posted:

Yes, many goons use it.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

obi_ant posted:

It's good.

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Whenever my body starts to feel sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead.

obi_ant posted:

I've been using it for the last month and I like it.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Pretty cool to see Jet Blue finally updated their app to add mobile boarding passes.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

obi_ant posted:

I've been using it for the last couple months. I don't think it made it any easier for me to wake up like they say it does, but I still like using it just to monitor how well I sleep. Having a record of this stuff has helped me get to sleep earlier.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Can anyone recommend a good stats calculator? Calculator# looks good, but I thought I'd get some recommendations before purchasing it.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Yes, many goons use it.

How does it cope when you're sleeping with somebody else? Does it pick up their movements?

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Thirteenth Step posted:

How does it cope when you're sleeping with somebody else? Does it pick up their movements?

Just keep the cat on the other side of the bed and you should be fine :newlol:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I've just bought it. I wonder if having a memory foam mattress will make it work better or worse. They're less bouncy so it might prevent it picking up my wife flailing around and jerking all her limbs in the middle of the night which would be better from a data capture point of view.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe
Yeah I tell my girlfriend not to jerk anything while we're in bed because it might ruin my data collection.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Thirteenth Step posted:

Depends on where you place the phone and how much your bed transfers movement, I suppose. I'm sure you'd get very different results between a traditional spring mattress and a memory foam mattress.

mattress chat

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I tried tumblr for the first time and made an account through the app. I skipped the part where you choose an avatar because I figured I'd just choose one later.

Now as far as I can tell there's no way to actually change your avatar in the app? Even after making an avatar through the web version, in the app all I ever see is the default pic. Any way to change this?

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I'm sure you'd get very different results between a traditional spring mattress and a memory foam mattress.

mattress chat

Actually, the phone should be placed close enough to the sleeper that the mattress doesn't make all that much difference. Memory foam deforms more near the sleeper than a conventional mattress, so it can (and does, in my case) pick up higher amplitudes in its measurements.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Minidust posted:

I tried tumblr for the first time and made an account through the app. I skipped the part where you choose an avatar because I figured I'd just choose one later.

Now as far as I can tell there's no way to actually change your avatar in the app? Even after making an avatar through the web version, in the app all I ever see is the default pic. Any way to change this?

Log out of the app, close it completely and log back in. It works sometimes.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

the kawaiiest posted:

Log out of the app, close it completely and log back in. It works sometimes.
Bah, hasn't done anything yet. I can't believe there is literally no option in the app to change your avatar, beyond a single tease when you create your account. Or if there is, it is stupidly well-hidden.

What's the status of the Awful app? I really miss it since they changed the forums software. :(

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

Minidust posted:

I've noticed this bug too. The app seems to be aggressive about caching avatars for some reason.

I'm not sure why the app doesn't have any account management features at all, but it is kind of annoying.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Minidust posted:

Bah, hasn't done anything yet. I can't believe there is literally no option in the app to change your avatar, beyond a single tease when you create your account. Or if there is, it is stupidly well-hidden.

What's the status of the Awful app? I really miss it since they changed the forums software. :(
It was updated pretty much immediately after the changes to the forums, and the app continues to get better and better. You want this thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3510131

Why don't you just change your tumblr icon from safari or a pc or whatever?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

randyest posted:

It was updated pretty much immediately after the changes to the forums, and the app continues to get better and better. You want this thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3510131
Huh, is it possible for an iPhone to just "miss" an app update somehow? My pages in the app just never load. Oh well, I'll take it to the appropriate thread, thanks for the link!

randyest posted:

Why don't you just change your tumblr icon from safari or a pc or whatever?
I've done this and the app still just displays the default.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Minidust posted:

Huh, is it possible for an iPhone to just "miss" an app update somehow? My pages in the app just never load. Oh well, I'll take it to the appropriate thread, thanks for the link!

Sounds like you have the old app. Pokeyman took over development because OHIO didn't have time to work on it anymore. He had to submit it as a new app because there is no way to move an app to a different App Store account.

I believe the old app should have prompted you to download the new app at some point, but I was already running betas of the new version by then so I honestly can't say for sure that it ever happened. You're not the first person to miss the switchover.

DarkJC
Jul 6, 2010

Minidust posted:

No, the app changed authors and you probably didn't download the new version.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Minidust posted:

I've done this and the app still just displays the default.
I'm having a hard time figuring out why you care what your own avatar looks like to you? Maybe I just don't understand tumblr?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Diabolik900 posted:

Sounds like you have the old app. Pokeyman took over development because OHIO didn't have time to work on it anymore. He had to submit it as a new app because there is no way to move an app to a different App Store account.

I believe the old app should have prompted you to download the new app at some point, but I was already running betas of the new version by then so I honestly can't say for sure that it ever happened. You're not the first person to miss the switchover.

DarkJC posted:

No, the app changed authors and you probably didn't download the new version.
Well this is fantastic! Feels great to have the app back. Apparently AppShopper considers it an update to the original app, which is where my confusion lied. I got an update notification via AppShopper, and when I didn't see an update in the actual App store I assumed I had updated already and AppShopper was just slow on the draw.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Mailbox isn't updating for me today. Wonder if its server woes on their end. Doesn't their server play middle-man or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Feenix posted:

Mailbox isn't updating for me today. Wonder if its server woes on their end. Doesn't their server play middle-man or something?

It's been updating just fine for me.

• Locked thread