Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Hey eurogoons, guess what? Ghostlight finally has Devil Survivor: Overclocked in manufacturing and will probably have it out by the end of March. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Wow, Fire Emblem Awakening is out of stock everywhere in my area. Yikes. I hope it sells incredibly well so Nintendo doesn't have any more excuse to keep IS from churning out more games, like, oh, I don't know... ANOTHER ADVANCE WARS?

Please? Dear God please? Nintendo, I will love you forever if you give me another Advance Wars.

But anyways, yes, Fire Emblem, I gotta find me a copy somewhere...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hazdoc posted:

Wow, Fire Emblem Awakening is out of stock everywhere in my area. Yikes. I hope it sells incredibly well so Nintendo doesn't have any more excuse to keep IS from churning out more games, like, oh, I don't know... ANOTHER ADVANCE WARS?

Please? Dear God please? Nintendo, I will love you forever if you give me another Advance Wars.

The digital version is by far the easiest to find. Otherwise I've heard check Targets and Best Buys.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

ImpAtom posted:

The digital version is by far the easiest to find. Otherwise I've heard check Targets and Best Buys.

I want the physical cart, though. And our nearby Target is out. The nearest Best Buy is way out of the way, I'll just wait till Gamestop restocks. I'm very pleased it sold well, though, it means there will probably be people to spotpass at my local mall.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I bought my physical copy more on impulse because I found a copy at the store. In hindsight I would have preferred the digital version. It's just the game and a fold out instruction sheet like in Mario 3D land.

Does the DLC transfer to a download copy if you purchased it on a cartridge version? I might give the physical version to a relative.

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

Did it actually sell well or did Nintendo just not print very many copies, expecting a lot of people to buy it from the eShop? From what I have heard it's a little of both, at least.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Laser Spider posted:

Did it actually sell well or did Nintendo just not print very many copies, expecting a lot of people to buy it from the eShop? From what I have heard it's a little of both, at least.

they had some weird distribution problem, from what I heard. It arrived really early in Canada and several days late in most of the US

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Hazdoc posted:

I just bought Fire Emblem on Target's online store last night and posted a link a page ago. Probably still available.

Edit: and nope, they're gone now... Wow.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 21, 2013

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Hazdoc posted:

IntSys has been working basically nonstop since the 3DS launch. They've put out two downloadable puzzle games (Pushmo/Crashmo), a Fire Emblem, and a Paper Mario in 2 years. They're just now getting to the point where they can sleep again.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

they had some weird distribution problem, from what I heard. It arrived really early in Canada and several days late in most of the US

Well thanks for breaking my heart.
:suicide:

Artix posted:

IntSys has been working basically nonstop since the 3DS launch. They've put out two downloadable puzzle games (Pushmo/Crashmo), a Fire Emblem, and a Paper Mario in 2 years. They're just now getting to the point where they can sleep again.

Yeah, but its been AGES since the last AW. I have been waiting all these years, dreaming of the day I would see another AW. Ok that sounds a bit weird.

But yeah, I just want another Advance Wars. I think you might have noticed that I really like that series.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I think we're likely to get another advance wars, I just wouldn't expect it till next year at the earliest if it even happens at all.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Handsome Ralph posted:

I think we're likely to get another advance wars, I just wouldn't expect it till next year at the earliest if it even happens at all.

Here's hoping to an announcement at E3 of one in development. And more info on Smash Bros!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Well I'm not sure what to believe, the regular online site for Target says Fire Emblem is in stock, but the mobile version says it's out of stock. :psyduck:

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Wow I've never played a monster hunter game before, but this demo suuuuuuucks. Or more aptly these controls suck, the underlying premise is probably fine. Is this just capcom being capcom and it's meant to suck to make it scarier/more challenging like their excuse for all the old resident evils.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Is there a video of the Nintendo Direct?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

pandaK posted:

Is there a video of the Nintendo Direct?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z3_0moL1FQ

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
Ok so I'm diving into the Monster Hunter demo blind, never played the games at all before.
I am confused as hell with the controls and I'm not doing so well.
Edit: I always forget the built in Manuals that you can read from the home screen. :downs:

Pegnose Pete fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 21, 2013

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.
Here's a general break down of the controls for MH:

Circle pad is move while D-pad controls the camera, there's a virtual d-pad on the screen that also controls camera and a picture of the monster you're fighting that when pressed "focuses" on the monster.

L - Hold down to get into the item quick select while your weapon is sheathed, use Y and A to scroll through them. Tap once when not focused on a monster to swing your camera behind you. When focused one tap will orient the camera towards the focused monster, two taps will orient it behind you.

R - Hold to sprint when weapon is sheathed, when unsheathed it's weapon dependent, a block for SnS or lance, switch weapon variants, charge hammer and so on.

Y - Use Item. Sheath weapon.

X - Unsheathe weapon. Basic Attack. All weapons have a "unsheathe attack" that is generally pretty powerful if you pull out your weapon while moving.

A - Secondary attack, different moves that can be used to change combos up. X + A usually also perform a unique attack.

B - Dodge/evade. Your best friend! You can also use it while sprinting with monster nearby to do a superman dive, which has tons of invincibility frames but leaves you open afterwards.

Start - Usually another special attack, not sure if it still is on 3DS though.

Select - Open your menu, will not pause the game!

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem

gobbledygoat posted:

Start - Usually another special attack, not sure if it still is on 3DS though.

On the top right of the touch screen there is a button for the special attack, or kick if your weapon is sheathed.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I hope Guild02 makes it here and we actually get all of the games this time. The Godzilla like one sounds cool.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Rexroom posted:

Hey eurogoons, guess what? Ghostlight finally has Devil Survivor: Overclocked in manufacturing and will probably have it out by the end of March. :toot:

They were supposed to be out today and about five or six other times. What the hell is taking them so long? I hope NOE handles EO4 and future SMT stuff themselves.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They were supposed to be out today and about five or six other times. What the hell is taking them so long? I hope NOE handles EO4 and future SMT stuff themselves.

That's just how Ghostlight is. I appreciate them, but they need to get their asses in gear.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

If anyone has finished Virtue's Last Reward and wants to read some very spoiler-heavy Q&A from the game's creator, go here:
http://virtueslastreward.com/media/

(You may need to put in your age the first time, then re-click that link).

From there, go to Interviews, and Interview #4. It's very similar to the Q&A he did for 9-9-9 (which was full of great information). He's very frank with his answers, mostly. It really gets me pumped for the third game.

(Just finished VLR today, it was great.)

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
So with the impending release of the Zelda Oracle games on the VC, who hoping it will be running in GBA mode so we can get the GBA shops?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

bpc908 posted:

So with the impending release of the Zelda Oracle games on the VC, who hoping it will be running in GBA mode so we can get the GBA shops?

I'm hoping they just romhack it to enable the shops in GBC mode because GBA mode is broken as poo poo because they can't do full software emulation for it yet and use portions of GBA hardware left over in the 3DS and that's why the Ambassador games can't be suspended.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Chinook posted:

If anyone has finished Virtue's Last Reward and wants to read some very spoiler-heavy Q&A from the game's creator, go here:
http://virtueslastreward.com/media/

(You may need to put in your age the first time, then re-click that link).

From there, go to Interviews, and Interview #4. It's very similar to the Q&A he did for 9-9-9 (which was full of great information). He's very frank with his answers, mostly. It really gets me pumped for the third game.

(Just finished VLR today, it was great.)

quote:

Q30: What prompts Dio to pull a knife on Clover?
And why leave her and Tenmyouji alive after handcuffing them?
Why not kill them with his knife, instead of risking them being found?

Well, originally Dio was planning to do something even more messed up to Clover, but our president said NO to that idea for ethical reasons, so that scene was cut out.

:stare:

I'm glad somebody understands the concept of restraint over there

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Ahaha MH3U explicitly states that it's not compatible with the Circle Pad Pro. Welp, time to practice my claw :suicide:

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Karthe posted:

Ahaha MH3U explicitly states that it's not compatible with the Circle Pad Pro. Welp, time to practice my claw :suicide:

The full game is, only the demo isn't

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Just played the Castlevania demo... I'd still prefer another game from IGA's team, but it's well done for what it is. If you're a fan of Lords of Shadow or other modern action games in that vein, and you don't go in expecting another SOTN-style game or an old-school platformer like CV3 (which the devs keep using as a point of comparison, even though they're nothing alike) you'll probably dig it.

I'd make a thread about it but I'm sure there are more knowledgeable CV fans who'd do a better job.

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm hoping they just romhack it to enable the shops in GBC mode because GBA mode is broken as poo poo because they can't do full software emulation for it yet and use portions of GBA hardware left over in the 3DS and that's why the Ambassador games can't be suspended.

Enabling "GBA mode" for the few GBC games that support it (the Oracle games, Shantae, one or two random obscure games that don't matter) is very simple and doesn't require you to emulate the GBA at all.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm still a little disappointed that the GB emulation on 3DS has no support for GBC/SGB Palettes or borders. That seems like such a relatively small thing to implement.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Before the 3DS was released a Nintendo rep said that SGB support would be up to individual publishers to implement as they saw fit, but I don't think a single game has supported those features, not even in Japan, so either no-one cares enough to bother with it or the Nintendo rep was full of crap.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Karthe posted:

Use the virtual d-pad on the right side of the touch screen, it works really well as a camera control for your right hand. Also use the monster lock on a bunch which is crazy useful as well. It's like night and day for me when I figured out the lock on system for the game and now I'm sad that the 3ds version doesn't come with any options for online play because it is surprisingly pretty and runs super well.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's also worth noting that in the final game you can change the size and placement of all the virtual buttons on the touch screen, too.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Vince Videogames posted:

Use the virtual d-pad on the right side of the touch screen, it works really well as a camera control for your right hand. Also use the monster lock on a bunch which is crazy useful as well. It's like night and day for me when I figured out the lock on system for the game and now I'm sad that the 3ds version doesn't come with any options for online play because it is surprisingly pretty and runs super well.

Yea the monster lock enabled, making hitting L center the camera on the monster instead of just behind you, is great. Makes it really easy to play, and the virtual dpad wasnt too bad either. I didn't have any control issues like I had on my PSP.

But yes, the missing online play is a real bummer. The game is way more fun with other people, I would buy it for certain if it had it. After playing the Wii one I don't think I can go back, it almost makes me want to buy a WiiU for it.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
Nintendo release a new Puzzle Swap piece for the US. It's Brain Age: Concentration Training.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

PlushCow posted:

Yea the monster lock enabled, making hitting L center the camera on the monster instead of just behind you, is great. Makes it really easy to play, and the virtual dpad wasnt too bad either. I didn't have any control issues like I had on my PSP.

But yes, the missing online play is a real bummer. The game is way more fun with other people, I would buy it for certain if it had it. After playing the Wii one I don't think I can go back, it almost makes me want to buy a WiiU for it.

I know it centers on the monster but I still wish it was a real lock on. A friend of mine told me I'm not hardcore enough to play monster hunter if I'm complaining about lock on so hey theres that.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Before the 3DS was released a Nintendo rep said that SGB support would be up to individual publishers to implement as they saw fit, but I don't think a single game has supported those features, not even in Japan, so either no-one cares enough to bother with it or the Nintendo rep was full of crap.

I'm going to have to go with the "full of crap" option myself. They didn't even bother to do anything with the link cable. Not to mention the Super Gameboy only worked in monochrome outside of a couple games that actually had color information. With how much :effort: was put into the emulator, I wouldn't expect the Oracle games to allow access to the Advance shop.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
When I said "full of crap" I meant that the Nintendo rep had no idea what he was talking about, because no non-Japanese Nintendo reps ever do. I doubt he was lying about what would/wouldn't be possible, he was just clueless.

RE: link cable support, that stuff is legitimately difficult to emulate in any circumstance and orders of magnitude tougher to replicate than the GBA flag or SGB support or whatever, so it's a lot easier to forgive.

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

Once in a blue moon Nintendo will actually put effort into Virtual Console releases. I'm reminded of Pokémon Snap on the Wii, for example, which had a hack that would let you save pictures taken in-game to the Wii's message board and then send them to other people. I think it had some sort of :psyduck: restriction where you could only save one such picture per day, though, so that just makes the thing even more mind-boggling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

PonchAxis posted:

I know it centers on the monster but I still wish it was a real lock on. A friend of mine told me I'm not hardcore enough to play monster hunter if I'm complaining about lock on so hey theres that.

Yeah I have no idea either. Just tried the demo and I think the no lock on is a big pile of crap too. I also didn't think the game was interesting in the slightest either but I have no idea if it's just a lovely demo or if Monster Hunter is just not for me. I'm guessing it's the later.

I'd probably be totally fine with no lock on if the game had a dual-analog control scheme, or mapped camera to L and R instead. But wow do I not like the control scheme of the game.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 22, 2013

• Locked thread