Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

"Zat pumpkin, he was like ze son to me! And now he haz been eaten!"

The DLC dialogue continues to astound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

SC Bracer posted:

Those names for the legacy characters... I don't know how I feel about them at all. Julia and Julius are absolutely improvements over Yuria and Yurius for example, but "Ced", not to mention "Larcei" and "Ulster" are kinda confusing. Oh well, at least I know how to spell these things now.

Well, for Ayra's Kids, the problem was that it was eventually deduced and confirmed that they were named after St. Lachtain (ラクチェ) and Scathach (スカサハ)... the issue being that the girl was named Lachtain, and the guy Scathach. If you didn't do something about it, you might run the greater risk of annoying or offending Irish folks or anyone passingly familiar with Irish mythology. The names given are as good a solution as any (I would have done similar in such a position), and largely keep the Irish/Celtic themeing of the Isaach folks intact.

"Ced", though... that one left me scratching my head.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Endorph posted:

"Zat pumpkin, he was like ze son to me! And now he haz been eaten!"

The DLC dialogue continues to astound.

"Vegetables have souls, ya darn baby killers!"

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So is it just me, or is the experience grinding map not available on its own? I was going through the DLC menu to get the next bunch of character DLC, and I only see "The Golden Gaffe" and "Golden Pack," no mention of the second map in the pack.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Artix posted:

So is it just me, or is the experience grinding map not available on its own? I was going through the DLC menu to get the next bunch of character DLC, and I only see "The Golden Gaffe" and "Golden Pack," no mention of the second map in the pack.

Yes, that seems to be the situation (as noted by Vincent on Serenes itself).

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

E: nevermind, misunderstood the question

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Honestly? The EXP map doesn't... actually give much exp at all, and it's big enough that even if you're killing an entombed every turn you're not likely to get them all.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

Honestly? The EXP map doesn't... actually give much exp at all, and it's big enough that even if you're killing an entombed every turn you're not likely to get them all.

It's about one level a kill which is pretty reasonable for a low-effort grinding map.

I don't really like the cheat maps. They're the only ones I wish I didn't buy although the dialogue is *hilarious*

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The maps themselves are pretty boring, but hey, the dialogue alone makes it worth it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The EXP yields even from the level 30 entombed taper off pretty quickly for characters on Hard who've been through more than one promoted class. It's very good for getting units caught up; it is not very good for teaching your Avatar a bunch of level 15 skills.

On Normal difficulty, the internal level cap is lower, so it should work better there.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Considering it's the only way to grind on Lunatic, I feel like it's more "Pay $2.00 to have a crutch for Lunatic" above anything else.

Also, Lunatic is actually lots of fun once you get past the grind (Chapter 2). I'm actually managing to use Donnel, he's 2 levels away from 10 and becoming a wrecking ball yet again.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

It's about one level a kill which is pretty reasonable for a low-effort grinding map.

I don't really like the cheat maps. They're the only ones I wish I didn't buy although the dialogue is *hilarious*

As others said, it's better for getting folks caught up, which makes sense, though I wonder if CoY 2 and 3 aren't better for that on hard and lunatic.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The EXP map is basically for the beginning and middle game of Lunatic. The 1st Yore map scales and those mage assholes can double most of your team members (at least 3 of them have 20+ speed).

You are not using the Yore maps for beginning characters on Lunatic.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

The Iron Rose posted:

As others said, it's better for getting folks caught up, which makes sense, though I wonder if CoY 2 and 3 aren't better for that on hard and lunatic.

Cheetah7071 posted:

Micaiah - gives an important skill and is the best grinding map on lunatic for characters level 40-60 or so
Entombed Heaven - practically the only way to grind level 1-40 characters in lunatic. Not actually faster than doing skirmishes if in normal or hard

Micaiah is CoY3 and Entombed Heaven is the EXP one.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Pasteurized Milk posted:

"Vegetables have souls, ya darn baby killers!"

"Foul creatures! Regurgitate those stolen vegetables.... Ew. Wait, no don't"

(Paraphrasing Sumia's dialogue)

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tae posted:

The EXP map is basically for the beginning and middle game of Lunatic. The 1st Yore map scales and those mage assholes can double most of your team members (at least 3 of them have 20+ speed).

You are not using the Yore maps for beginning characters on Lunatic.

You can, but it's slow going. For levels 1-5, you can beat on the troubadour and sometimes grab a kill on a low hp enemies. Sometime after that, depending on the character, you can start taking more risks. The EXP map is obviously better, but it's not impossible to grind CoY 1 the same way it's impossible to grind the random risen encounters.

EDIT: VVVVV You are the best. The best. Now I don't have to summon every team to find out that there are no dragonstones to be found.

Roguelike fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 22, 2013

RocketDarkness
Jun 3, 2008
I made a list for all of the currently-available Spotpass teams and what they have to sell. For those that are looking for some of the more esoteric weapons and can't buy them in shops.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

RocketDarkness posted:

I made a list for all of the currently-available Spotpass teams and what they have to sell. For those that are looking for some of the more esoteric weapons and can't buy them in shops.

Sothe:

Silver Sword
Levin Sword
Silver Bow

RocketDarkness
Jun 3, 2008

Tae posted:

Sothe:

Silver Sword
Levin Sword
Silver Bow

Thanks, added. I'll do my best to keep it up to date. :)

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

RocketDarkness posted:

Thanks, added. I'll do my best to keep it up to date. :)

Micaiah is:

Brave Sword
Brave Lance
Brave Axe
Hammer
Killer Axe
Micaiah's Pyre
Physic

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

2nd Battalion
Talking about great dialogue, Severa has slightly grown on me after reading her mom support and part of her Kjelle one

Severa-Kjelle C is essentially

S: Uggg, cover your self up when training, no one want to see--holy poo poo those are some mighty fine abs
K: The tickets to this gun show are free :smug:
S: What! I totally was not staring at your wonderful rock hard abs!

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Man, Cynthia is so batshit that even her father (Henry) was frowning (how often do you see that!) and saying, "No, kid, this is too much."

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

SpaceDrake posted:

Well, for Ayra's Kids, the problem was that it was eventually deduced and confirmed that they were named after St. Lachtain (ラクチェ) and Scathach (スカサハ)... the issue being that the girl was named Lachtain, and the guy Scathach. If you didn't do something about it, you might run the greater risk of annoying or offending Irish folks or anyone passingly familiar with Irish mythology. The names given are as good a solution as any (I would have done similar in such a position), and largely keep the Irish/Celtic themeing of the Isaach folks intact.

"Ced", though... that one left me scratching my head.

Maybe they were going for Cedric? Definitely would benefit from some Irish history/language buff to weigh in on this, I'm just going "eh that's a name i guess".

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Man, Cynthia is so batshit that even her father (Henry) was frowning (how often do you see that!) and saying, "No, kid, this is too much."

Henry frowns? I don't believe it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

booksnake posted:

Maybe they were going for Cedric? Definitely would benefit from some Irish history/language buff to weigh in on this, I'm just going "eh that's a name i guess".

Ced isn't a terrible name, this issue is that Sety is named after the same dude that Forseti is named after. It's just kinda weird that it's inconsistent like that.

e: Leonardo sells:

Iron Sword
Iron Bow

(He's still the worst.)

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 22, 2013

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
The Black Knight sells:

Brave Axe
Brave Lance
Brave Sword
Silver Axe
Silver Bow
Physic

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Color Printer posted:

Henry frowns? I don't believe it.

Or the closest thing to a frown he ever does, but yeah.

Anyway, I can't wait until Celica's SpotPass team comes out and I can buy all the Celica's Gales I want.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sephiran sells

Brave Axe
Hammer
Bolganone
Thoron
Rexcalibur

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!
Nephenee sells

Iron Lance
Steel Lance
Javelin
Bronze Axe
Iron Axe
Hand Axe
Iron Bow
Steel Bow
Killer Bow

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Brom sells:
Bronze Lance
Iron Lance
Steel Lance
Javelin
Killer Lance

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I just got Severa just now, and holy gently caress lady, just pick an emotion and stick with it. gently caress.

Also don't be a dick to Virion, he's a nice guy.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Edward:
Bronze Sword
Iron Sword

:flaccid:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I just got Severa just now, and holy gently caress lady, just pick an emotion and stick with it. gently caress.

Also don't be a dick to Virion, he's a nice guy.

Man, she's really mean to her mother. "Chrom, Chrom, Chrom! That's all you care about! Well guess what, I don't care about you or your stinking Chrom!"

Lon'qu was also like "...WOMEN :sigh:" in his C support with her.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
alright, FINALLY beat the game just now on Normal/Casual

The question now is am I ready for Lunitic/Classic? If I stop playing now to go back to other games I want to get back to I will be in no condition to play on lunitic; well I am always going to play on casual, I don't want to restart a mission just because someone died on what was going to be the last turn. I suppose I can at least bootstrap myself to Chapter 5 for now then leave it be.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Man, she's really mean to her mother. "Chrom, Chrom, Chrom! That's all you care about! Well guess what, I don't care about you or your stinking Chrom!"

Lon'qu was also like "...WOMEN :sigh:" in his C support with her.

Man, I really can't blame her for that. loving seriously lady, you're married and so he is and you refuse to even talk to him.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

NextTime000 posted:

The question now is am I ready for Lunitic/Classic? If I stop playing now to go back to other games I want to get back to I will be in no condition to play on lunitic; well I am always going to play on casual, I don't want to restart a mission just because someone died on what was going to be the last turn. I suppose I can at least bootstrap myself to Chapter 5 for now then leave it be.

There's a pretty big gap between normal and lunatic. Heck, there's a pretty big gap between Hard and Lunatic. Literally the only character that can take more than one hit in the prologue is Fred.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

NextTime000 posted:

So wait, Lunatic Casual, or Classic? Either way, did you curb-stomp the vast-majority of normal? If not, probably not.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Just beat the game on Hard/Classic and I sacrificed myself at the end, can anyone tell me what happens if you choose the other choice? Also I'm guessing Chrom and Lissa eventually find you since you're still in the world. Anyway the game is loving awesome and now I'm thinking of starting a new playthrough on Lunatic. Also RIP all of my dudes that died along the way. I can't imagine playing this on Casual.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

PonchAxis posted:

Just beat the game on Hard/Classic and I sacrificed myself at the end, can anyone tell me what happens if you choose the other choice? Also I'm guessing Chrom and Lissa eventually find you since you're still in the world. Anyway the game is loving awesome and now I'm thinking of starting a new playthrough on Lunatic. Also RIP all of my dudes that died along the way. I can't imagine playing this on Casual.

You can replay the last stage for the other ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I picked a really bad time to click on this thread. Oh well.

• Locked thread