Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
5000 euros each, after almost 130 days... and legally they're supposed to go back; from an Ivan Buchta interview:

quote:

Ivan and Martin returned home to the Czech Republic on Jan. 17, 2013, greeted by friends and family. Now in the weeks that have passed, the Buchta clan has grown with the birth of their daughter; however, while back in the safety of their families, the investigation into their alleged espionage during the holiday in Greece is not yet closed.

"As far as I know, the investigation should be closed at some point, and date of the court hearing should be established after that," Buchta said." I have no idea when this happens and what would be the further development. Although it certainly won't be pleasant to go there, we will respect all the decisions of the Greek justice. We have nothing to hide and I hope the truth will come out and the court will dismiss the charge of espionage."
According to the first DayZ standalone video blog, Ivan actually designed the swamps in Chernarus Plus while jailed.

EDIT: "Lacey, move half a klick, northeast."

Karel Mořický posted:

quote:

I suppose CfgIdentities could contain a spoken name sample.
You suppose right ;)
FURTHER EDIT: some insight on Arma 3 design according to Jay Crowe, particularly in explaining the fact that his forums sig calls Arma 3 infantry-centric:

quote:

It doesn't mean we only deliver an infantry game; rather, it means we pick infantry as a starting point, and everything else we do - helicopters, tanks, UAVs, scuba, whatever - needs to be mindful of this 'core' gameplay. We're simply not a big enough team to do everything to the level of fidelity we'd like, so we need to focus on making a consistent core platform that we, and the community, can build upon.

In the past, we've hurt ourselves by not thinking carefully about the dependencies new features have with each other. To some extent, some early decisions in Arma 3 risked making the same mistake. Someone has a passion for something, so a feature is bolted on without appropriate consideration of the 'big picture'. Now, I can't say Arma 3 will fix these problems entirely, but I hope the ship (HMS. Splendid) is steering in a new direction.
"Assets and technology promoting, supporting, and balancing diverse infantry-based gameplay are the primary focus" and "Refined controls and animations focused upon fluidity of movement" were nice little bullet points.

Chortles fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Hoooolllyyyy shiitt, we may be less then 2 and a half months away from release

http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B005ACLLPG/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/276-7757099-2203765?qid=1360967565&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Feb 19, 2013

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
As with a bunch of people on the BI forums, I am... skeptical, though we're supposedly going to have an official announcement before the end of this month.

EDIT: Whadya know, Bohemia Interactive is onboard with Sony for the PS4! (Their logo is to the right of Ubisoft's which is in the lower left of the picture.) Also, have a possible Arma 3 gameplay report from a purported long-time player and focus tester!

Highlights of improvements:

quote:

Controls:
The (default) controls got a little more complex since Arma 2 but they do make more sense now.
I think the Space key for actions does make it easier for using actions although, it seems that if you look at, for example, a vehicle to board it but you have a higher priority action like the self heal, you still need to go through your actions menu. My suggestion would be to have a way to make actions from objects that you are currently looking at with higher priority then the player's character self actions.
I also like how the new kneel/prone/stand keys work now, this was actually made simpler by assigning the 3 actions to only two keys (Z and X).

quote:

Movement/Animations:
The movement is smooth and character reacts better then ever to user input.
I found that it is still hard to move through buildings doors though, not so much as in Arma 2 but still the doors seem to be smaller then they should.
The diversity of animations is fantastic, since I'm quite used to Arma games it was pretty easy for me to get used to them, but for new players an extensive tutorial may be needed on the stances modifier.
I'm a bit unsure about the tactical pace yet. Might have some more feedback after getting more time to use it. But the idea is great, you can still fire while moving a little faster then normal walking speed, with the disadvantage of having a very poor accuracy.
Like in previous Arma's, there seems to be no option to make your character walk by default other then when inside a mission, you can double tap the Shift key, although I think there should be an option so you don't have to double tap Shift everytime you start or load a mission.
I also like the feature that forces you to walk when tired but I think the character does get tired very quickly, more then what I would expect, especially when only carrying a rifle, pistol and vest.
It seems you no longer are able to switch from Standing to Kneel and Kneel to Standing while running.

quote:

Graphics/Visuals:
The game visuals are fantastic, the lighting looks great and more colorful then ever.
I got the impression that the vegetation doesn't have those rough changes like in Arma 2.

quote:

Overall I'm quite impressed with the current build of the game and the effort to make it more user-friendly did pay off.

Chortles fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Feb 21, 2013

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
WHAT THE--

quote:

Master Server List
\hostname\country\numplayers\maxplayers\gametype\mapname

publicip: 81.0.236.114
publicport: 2302
privateip: 192.168.34.93
privateport: 2302
icmpip: 81.0.236.6
hostname: Raedek on I see the forums!
numplayers: 7
maxplayers: 7
gametype: COOP
mapname: Stratis
Also, a previous sighting, and according to "jerry hopper" on the BI forums, "gameversion is still : 0.5.101892"

Chortles fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Feb 21, 2013

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Mederlock posted:

Reflex sights are superior for CQB, you're not going to want to use the tiny backup reflex on an ACOG unless you really needed too. The funny thing about what you said regarding 'realism gamers' is that those who are milsim 'realism gamers' are going to be the ones that want the optics for the reasons you cited (the military mostly switching to ~3-4x sights, etc). Using irons or reflex sights is for the sake of making the gameplay more fun for the players involved (ie. actually having the chance to see the enemy that just killed you, instead of it being some dude in a bush at 700m with magnified optics) , not for sticking to the ~realisms~ and immersion~

edit: Chortles - When the big announcement comes out this month I'll completely overhaul the OP with the info you've provided and any new information that we become privy too in the near future.

Sights are not necessary for CQB (at least in real life) even red dot sights are far too slow for fighting inside houses, and if you need a sight to hit something 10 feet away you have no business kicking in doors. There is a very narrow range where its too far out for sighting down the barrel and close enough for 4x optics to be cumbersome, and the advantage of 4x optics for ranges over 100-200m makes the choice an absolute no brainer.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jarmak posted:

Sights are not necessary for CQB (at least in real life) even red dot sights are far too slow for fighting inside houses, and if you need a sight to hit something 10 feet away you have no business kicking in doors. There is a very narrow range where its too far out for sighting down the barrel and close enough for 4x optics to be cumbersome, and the advantage of 4x optics for ranges over 100-200m makes the choice an absolute no brainer.

Again, I understand that in real life 4x optics with an integrated reflex sight mounted on top is the far superior option, but in the game it makes things really easy against the AI specifically and unfun for the player on the receiving end of being sniped from 500-700m away with magnified optics.

:siren: Also, fairly big update, Arma 3 will be using the steamworks API and will require Steam to play it. This is pretty great news. The pubbie tears are amazing in this thread.

http://www.bistudio.com/english/company/developers-blog/356-arma3-steam-dev-blog

Edit: just one fine example of the pubbie rage http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?146633-Arma3-NOT-for-me-(

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 21, 2013

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
As long as they make the modding and expansions seamless I'll be happy. I just remember all the goons playing ArmA2 had issues making the expansion and vanilla work together and then mods were a pain. I was happy with my CD version because of that.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The reason why was because of all the different distribution methods they used having issues with cross compatibility. Only working with one main distribution method will smooth things out a lot in this regard.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Steam Workshop for mods and stuff would be amazing.

Snuffy the Evil
Oct 9, 2012
What's with the outrage over Arma 3 being a Steam exclusive? I'm seeing a lot of teeth-gnashing, wailing "steam is bad no sale wargh" sentiment, but none of them actually seem to have a legitimate reason. Hell, some of them think Steam is terrible because it automatically keeps your games up to date. I can't even begin to understand.

e: ahaha, Jesus these people are furious

Snuffy the Evil fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Feb 22, 2013

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
Don't worry, they have their own 26 page thread to complain about steam now.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

:munch:

I suspect that there's nobody mad who wouldn't improve the community by their departure.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

hailthefish posted:

:munch:

I suspect that there's nobody mad who wouldn't improve the community by their departure.

This is one of those issues prerelease where the opposition is petty and mostly comprised of people who will definitely buy the game eventually anyway. If the game has proper mod support, and better mod support, especially if there is a workshop, then there isn't really any big issue with Steam. It really is a non issue, and for me personally, it has actually made me more interested in the title than I previously was.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Snuffy the Evil posted:

because it automatically keeps your games up to date

It sometime interferes with mods when it updates, with IL2 especially since the exe was basically a cracked exe at the time in HSFX. Really the only gripe I have with Steam and it occurred a grand total of one(1) time. An issue that wouldn't even occur if it was a Steamworks game, since Steam is already handling all the mods.

They really should let non-steamworks games opt out of updates though. Since even when set to not update...running the game forces an update check.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ToastyPotato posted:

This is one of those issues prerelease where the opposition is petty and mostly comprised of people who will definitely buy the game eventually anyway. If the game has proper mod support, and better mod support, especially if there is a workshop, then there isn't really any big issue with Steam. It really is a non issue, and for me personally, it has actually made me more interested in the title than I previously was.

The guy in charge of Steam patch deployment absolutely hates Steam because Bohemia deploys dozens of lovely intermediate patches in between their giant half-gig patches and changing that system to accommodate Steam would be a bitch for him.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bondematt posted:

It sometime interferes with mods when it updates, with IL2 especially since the exe was basically a cracked exe at the time in HSFX. Really the only gripe I have with Steam and it occurred a grand total of one(1) time. An issue that wouldn't even occur if it was a Steamworks game, since Steam is already handling all the mods.

They really should let non-steamworks games opt out of updates though. Since even when set to not update...running the game forces an update check.

No, it doesn't. You just go into the properties and turn off automatic updates. There may be a few games that force it(?), but Arma 2 definitely does not update when you have that setting checked. Also, re: mods, I've heard from people who are actually involved in the modding aspect of the game that there won't be issues with updating and such, especially with the delta updating that Arma 3 is supposedly going to be utilizing.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Mederlock posted:

No, it doesn't. You just go into the properties and turn off automatic updates.

Interesting, at the time the only way to stop it was to go into offline mode, or just not launch through Steam at all. The automatic updates feature did not change the forced update when clicking play, it only made it so it wouldn't start updating on it's own. This was literally years ago though.

And yeah, like I said: Being Steamworks it is a non issue for Arma 3.

Edit: It appears other games still have the forced update on play issue.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/302315-Steam-updating-the-game-DESPITE-me-telling-it-not-to

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Feb 22, 2013

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Xeno, ACE Team Leader re: Domination missions posted:

Oh, I haven't seen anti domina posts for some time (or I didn't notice them, not following this forum closely anymore) :D
Don't worry, I won't get SteA3m (domina is abandoned anyway) and I won't hand out permissions to port it to A3.

You just have to fire up the editor and build the MP mission/mode of your dreams, very easy. Just takes lots of time.

Xeno
I wonder what this means for ACE3? :ironicat:

One of the things that got lost to most in the wake of the Steam announcement:
BE ADVISED, OPFOR IS TACTICOOL (weapon reveal! Real world similarity)
A glimpse at BLUFOR and terrain (and the Mi-48 Kajman/"Hamoc"?
A BI dev was probably thinking "U MAD?" when coming up with this

Vulcan
Mar 24, 2005
Motobike
All this talk about keybind presets, I sure hope they make it easier to remap the keys and dont lock any keys out from remapping because of some stupid preset.

Am I the only one that uses the same keybind scheme for every FPS ever made since Wolfenstein 3D? Keeps it simple- especially with that little thing called muscle memory

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Vulcan posted:

All this talk about keybind presets, I sure hope they make it easier to remap the keys and dont lock any keys out from remapping because of some stupid preset.

Am I the only one that uses the same keybind scheme for every FPS ever made since Wolfenstein 3D? Keeps it simple- especially with that little thing called muscle memory

The presets are there just to make things easier for greener players to the Arma line of games. You're still going to be able to modify your controls to your hearts desire.

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen

Bohemia Interactive posted:

It will be possible to run Steam in Offline mode, and still play the game (with the exception of online services obviously, including multiplayer itself).
So does this mean that offline LAN multiplayer is out? Flashpoint and Arma have been a staple in our LAN parties, and not being able to continue with Arma 3 would be a bit of a bummer. Still, it is pretty much the only negative thing I can find in that announcement and far outweighed by Steamworks. gently caress Six Updater forever.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sniper Party posted:

So does this mean that offline LAN multiplayer is out? Flashpoint and Arma have been a staple in our LAN parties, and not being able to continue with Arma 3 would be a bit of a bummer. Still, it is pretty much the only negative thing I can find in that announcement and far outweighed by Steamworks. gently caress Six Updater forever.

Hard to say, although I don't see why they would remove it entirely. Time will tell I guess

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
At least one modder doesn't try to rage his way into getting BI to back down: As far as details on the implementation:

Dwarden;2300068 posted:

so let put flat out some claims to death

1. STEAM adoption will not block any possibility to use 3rd party tools (let say sixupdater)

2. STEAM adoption will not replace content hubs like armaholic

please see Skyrim and Civilization 5 modding

3. i/we do fully understand the concerns about STEAM offline mode issues (login/LAN etc) and we will try improve / tweak that as much as possible

4. try guess what games and which developer is one of main reasons STEAM has now differ byte delta patching ? :)

5. arguments about chance something being stolen because it's easier to upload them to STEAM ... well i bet if we adopted e.g. Desura it would be same argument all over again, there was always someone trying steal our and mods content since 2000 so i guess that's moot point
I so, so love #4 just twisting in the knife for the anti-DayZ crowd...

EDIT:

Chortles fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Feb 22, 2013

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011
Madness. Still, it will be a shame if Addon makers quit making stuff over something so inconsequential.

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Dilettante. posted:

Madness. Still, it will be a shame if Addon makers quit making stuff over something so inconsequential.

Not one of the super spergs is going to quit over steam. Whether they like it or not they'll have to deal with one form of digital distribution or another with everything within the next few years. If anything it's going to be ARMA3 that brings them into the fold, mostly because they can't possibly resist NOT trying to mod it to be even more ridiculously milsim than it already is.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Dilettante. posted:

The only ACE/ACRE person to have said anything negative about the steam integration that I've seen is Xeno, and this ":qq: well I won't let anyone port it" seems to have been specifically about Domination rather than about ACE.

I'm not that worried. :shrug:

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
The main problem with the steam auto update is the fact that it isn't uncommon for updates to be broken or break mods. ARMA is one of those games where everybody uses mods on their servers (we ran a bunch of mods in ARMA 2). If steam updates and breaks poo poo, we suddenly won't be able to play any of the missions that rely on the broken content. In ARMA 2, I remember the occasional "don't patch" warnings that went out when the ARMA2GOONS servers purposely held back on an update.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Nalin posted:

The main problem with the steam auto update is the fact that it isn't uncommon for updates to be broken or break mods. ARMA is one of those games where everybody uses mods on their servers (we ran a bunch of mods in ARMA 2). If steam updates and breaks poo poo, we suddenly won't be able to play any of the missions that rely on the broken content. In ARMA 2, I remember the occasional "don't patch" warnings that went out when the ARMA2GOONS servers purposely held back on an update.

Rarely do mods break with patches in ArmA. I remember running day one or two OFP mods years later on OFP:Resistance 1.96 with no problem. What it adds up to is that they're big man children who don't trust steam because they have invested way too much time into a loving game.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Nalin posted:

That situation already exists with A2/OA as a great many people have it on steam and it automatically patches.

OA steam patches rarely break mods since usually by the time the patch is out on steam it's been out for manual installation for a while, and as a beta patch for a while before that. This is a pattern that might change in the future. And generally mod compatibility with patches hasn't been that much of a problem as long as the server and client version of mods are compatible. So you may still see SixUpdater in use even if A3 supports the workshop.. but.. that's already the situation so...

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
The tears flowing, the gnashing and wailing and demanding, one forums user claims to believe that the BI forums' Arma 3 subforum represents "a fairly accurate cross-section of ArmA's players as a whole", another forums user calls the CEO's own firsthand response "blatant lies" and even directly complains about why the dev who wrote the devblog was picked to be project lead in the first place (complaining that that project lead had "drove TKOH against the wall at least as far as I got it") and a forums moderator (the CWR2 modder) threatens to up and go Galt... hell, it overwhelms the "development blog & reveals" thread after a mod warns to redirect further Steam talk to the Steamworks thread, getting the devblog thread locked.

Say hailthefish, could you save me some of that :munch: ?

Oh, it gets better: the BI CEO was revealed by Rocket in an Australian interview to be executive producer of the DayZ standalone, while the CEO said:

Maruk posted:

we simply do not see any other feasible way for our company at the moment than focusing on Steam as the sole platform for Arma 3 and our other upcoming PC games. We are aware of some negative consequences but this the best we can do concerning Arma 3 and games beyond.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
God, that one mod who's complaining is nuts. He hates all of the people who bought the game just to play it and never make addons. The worst part is that he's the Project Lead for the Cold War Rearmed 2 project (that's the Operation Flashpoint total conversion). If that rear end in a top hat refuses to port to ArmA III he's a damned fool.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

LP97S posted:

God, that one mod who's complaining is nuts. He hates all of the people who bought the game just to play it and never make addons. The worst part is that he's the Project Lead for the Cold War Rearmed 2 project (that's the Operation Flashpoint total conversion). If that rear end in a top hat refuses to port to ArmA III he's a damned fool.

Yeah, its one of the best mods ive ever seen for Arma 2, it would be a damned shame. It may be one of the few mod teams that could bring quality cold war era weapons and vehicles in a neat package to A3, which would be awesome to supplement the near future stuff that'll be in the game.

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 23, 2013

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
Is there a way to download Cold War Rearmed 2? I got all excited when I heard about it but I haven't been able to find a download for it anywhere.
EDIT: Found the demo as soon as I asked.

I'm pretty excited about how smooth the infantry combat is looking in these videos, in Arma 2 close quarters combat is so janky and it'll be a huge improvement, I hope.

Gooch181 fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 23, 2013

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gooch181 posted:

Is there a way to download Cold War Rearmed 2? I got all excited when I heard about it but I haven't been able to find a download for it anywhere.

You can install it very easily with PlaywithSix, or you can install it in 6Updater by finding the mod @CWR in the modlist

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
There's also the OP of the BIS thread.
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?139742
Try the fr and de servers first, they're usually faster.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

LP97S posted:

It gets worse -- he was one of those who didn't agree with the high-tech/"future warfare" aesthetic back when it was revealed in 2011.

W0lle posted:

There's something I should point out because some people obviously get it wrong:

I never said I will not move on (or adapt) to Arma3. In fact, I already prepared a pretty huge Mod for it. The folder structure is set up, even very basic configs written, I had talks with some of the required people. Even a 'release plan' aka what comes first was done. Then 'full steam ahead' came.

No one can say I'm not willing to adapt. I would have agreed the stupid SciFi setting, at least until 'normal' units were available.

But I will not use Steam, not after the experience I made with it some years ago (I wrote about that 2 days ago). In short: A software which removes complete folders on my computer without asking for confirmation is unacceptable. And I don't care if that was a one time screw-up, nor what gone wrong and where. I don't care how solid Steam works now (or not), alone the possibility that I lose data again will not make me deal seriously with Steam again.

gammadust posted:

- Community impact on its identity (given so many valued members willing to quit the scene - justifiably so - while impoverishing it in the way and changing its fundamental character)
Don't worry about that, there are millions - read again: millions of new Modders ahead. The few not 'adapting' will not matter. :rolleyes:
I wouldn't say these 'valuable members' will leave, many of them just don't migrate to Arma3.
And not even him being a forums moderator will spare BI his 'wrath':

W0lle posted:

Play offline with the requirement to check once every 30 days if the conditions haven't changed and I sell my soul to Valve. See #1007
Besides that, this developer blog is pure PR, nothing else.

What I wonder, has whoever is responsible at BI for this brilliant decision checked first to what lovely conditions their customers must agree to play Arma 3?

I doubt it. That would have been too much work.

After reading these Steam TOC I'm even more disappointed from BI. Never I have thought they would betray their loyal fanbase that much in order to save some time and money. And yes to me this betrayal.
Someone veers right into saying something they shouldn't have said, yet at the end they get it all too well:

MemphisBelle posted:

This is the by far most reason that makes me disappointed about BI as well. 12 years of loyal fanbase membership will facepunched and thrown away. ArmA CWC, ArmA and ArmA2 have always been special Games for Special people.

I don't hate steam. I actually think it is quite a good possibility to handle my games. The only different, from my point of view is, that ArmA don't fit into this steam universe. As someone here already said, we cant do anythings against this. BI will push it through and we will only have the choice to either take it or leave it. That´s why I voted with yes. I want to see whether my concerns are warrantable or not...One thing will happen for sure, the BI Community will never be the one I´ve entered 12 years ago...in June 2001, when I purchased OFP...thats really too bad
Oh, and the thread is not only locked by a different moderator, but a user got permabanned for apparently creating a shitload of alt accounts with which to spam the "will you buy Arma 3 (Steam exclusive)" poll in the thread.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Hahaha yeah, they're games for "special" people all right.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Pardon my ignorance, but isn't ARMA 3 set, like, now? Technology and militarization of the next few years? Why is he referring to it as 'sci-fi'? Is he just that deluded and trying to distort the actual historical scope of the game or does it genuinely introduce absurd technology?

I wasn't under the impression it wasn't Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter-style 'here are some military projects that are currently blue-sky thinking concepts at this point, so we set the game a few years in the future so we could overlook that'.

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma
The setting of ArmA3 is basically 5-10 years in the future. No lasers, ray guns, teleportation etc. - Simply a logical extrapolation of today's technology, and tomorrow's possibilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

DrAlexanderTobacco posted:

The setting of ArmA3 is basically 5-10 years in the future. No lasers, ray guns, teleportation etc. - Simply a logical extrapolation of today's technology, and tomorrow's possibilities.

I assumed that. I just mean, it's not like active camo from Ghost Recon or poo poo like that. It's just 'here's the slightly better equipment we might be using', right?