Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Hi Tony,

Weird request, but is there any way you can get Steam keys for the Brothers in Arms and Call of Juarez games? Both series are on Steam.

Thanks!
~The Machine~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dianekwon
Sep 1, 2012

Not_Log posted:

This will probably never happen, fyi. EA is pushing origin even at the cost of sales.

Well, Dead Space doesn't come with an Origin key either.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

dianekwon posted:

Well, Dead Space doesn't come with an Origin key either.

I bought this Dead Space Dual Pack and both Dead Space 1 and 2 came with Origin keys:

http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Space-Dual-Pack-Download/dp/B0091UOX1W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361493146&sr=8-1&keywords=dead+space+pack

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
EA tries very hard to make as many of their recent games as possible plug into Origin, but I don't think that pack actually requires it, or at least it would be weird if it did. If you buy Dragon Age or Mass Effect on Steam you can plug the CD key into Origin and it will work, but that's different from it being an Origin key, I would say. At least we should make the distinction for the sake of games like Syndicate and Mass Effect 3.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
I just bought dead space 2 and plugged the amazon key into origin. I've done that with a few ea games.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

By any chance has Guild Wars 1 gone on sale any time in recent history? I keep thinking it should be possible to pick up that game for dirt cheap now but it still seems to be pretty expensive. If not, any chance of it going on sale at any point in the future?

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Tony - Does Amazon sell any Steam-activated keys for Arma II: Combined Operations?

workingdogv1
Jul 10, 2001

:catdrugs:
Oh cool, Saboteur download on sale? Yoink.

For others: http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-40490The-Saboteur-Download/dp/B004BA5EOC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_vg_2

Oh, and you can register it on Origin, which I really don't mind these days.

workingdogv1 fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 22, 2013

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

workingdogv1 posted:

For others: http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-40490The-Saboteur-Download/dp/B004BA5EOC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_vg_2

Did they ever fix the problems with ATI/AMD cards?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Male Man posted:

Maybe? Worked fine on my iMacintosh made by Apple computer featuring ATI graphics running Windows 7.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Male Man posted:

That fix was basically all the PC patch contained, there's still heaps of bugs in the game.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

The new Tomb Raider coming out in 2 weeks is 33.74$ with the CAGROCKS code: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007VFHGZ4/

Haydez
Apr 8, 2003

EVIL LINK
Unless I'm bad at reading:

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD [Download]_-_3.49
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 HD Revert Pack [Download]_-_2.49

doesn't look like the price got updated? It's still $6 :(

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Party Plane Jones posted:

That fix was basically all the PC patch contained, there's still heaps of bugs in the game.
The beta patch, numbered 1.3 or something? I could never get that to install properly. The main menu would keep saying 1.0 when I launched the game.

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Tony, my man. Would you be so kind as to price match the Steam version of Hearts of Iron III with the Non-Steam version?

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

WilltheMagicAsian posted:

Tony, my man. Would you be so kind as to price match the Steam version of Hearts of Iron III with the Non-Steam version?

Those both appear to be $14.99. Perhaps Tony worked some hidden magic.

Rainier Wolfcastle
Oct 27, 2007
I was hired to lead, not to read

workingdogv1 posted:

Oh sweet! Thanks for posting this. With the CAGROCKS promo code it`s $3.74

Not Steam but I think I`ll grab it if I can register on Origin

Edit: After purchasing I`m being subject to a security check that can take up to 4 hours. I`ve never experienced this before.

Rainier Wolfcastle fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Feb 23, 2013

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

WilltheMagicAsian posted:

Or get it through the Steam version in the Indie Gala bundle for around $5 ?
Edit: Oh, Amazon version is the HoI3 collection.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

workingdogv1 posted:

Grabbed this one, thanks Tony! Great, if flawed, open world game, probably the only one where I did optional stuff just because it's fun. Fun to blow up Nazis, that is :black101:

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
People interested in getting blops2 during this free weekend can get it for $30 with the CAGROCKS code as Amazon is pricematching Steam. However, people following this thread may want to invest in this for less than $23!

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

All the arms we need are for hugging
Tony, anyway to match Newegg's price on Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm?

Nevermind, looks like NE's sale is gone now. :(

OhSnapGangsta fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 23, 2013

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
Apparently a number of people are using up the $15 credit they get for Bioshock Infinite and then canceling their pre-order, which is pretty scummy.

Hey Tony after making headway in the Alamur/Rhode Island mess see if you can magic up some deal on Everyday Genius: Squarelogic for your next trick. I'd ask for steam keys but it's been pulled from there after the rights went back to the devs and half a year on there's still no sign of it returning to the store.

iloverice
Feb 19, 2007

future tv ninja

Cass posted:

Apparently a number of people are using up the $15 credit they get for Bioshock Infinite and then canceling their pre-order, which is pretty scummy.

Hey Tony after making headway in the Alamur/Rhode Island mess see if you can magic up some deal on Everyday Genius: Squarelogic for your next trick. I'd ask for steam keys but it's been pulled from there after the rights went back to the devs and half a year on there's still no sign of it returning to the store.

Hey, you know what? I'm no Tony (I'll never be that handsome) but you're in luck. I bought Everyday Genius: Square Logic when it was available on Steam and bought an extra one as a gift, just in case. I was going to SteamGifts it to a goon but since its not in the store anymore, I can't do that and I still have that gift. So, I'll give it to you. I don't hear of many people wanting this game so enjoy! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/iloverice/

edit: VVVVV This dude. He's a good dude.

iloverice fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 23, 2013

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
That would be amazing :stare:. There are probably people who'd pay several times the price for it or trade some new game for the thing though, just to have a title on their account that you can't get in the store anymore. I added you but if you'd rather chase the big bucks then it's cool.

edit: iloveiloverice, thanks again :allears:

Tokyo Incident fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 23, 2013

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

The End.

Cass posted:

Is that happening on Amazon or someplace else? I ask for non nefarious reasons.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

ManlyWeevil posted:

Is that happening on Amazon or someplace else? I ask for non nefarious reasons.

Was on Amazon, but they've changed it now so you only get the credit when the game comes out.

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

The End.

Crashbee posted:

Was on Amazon, but they've changed it now so you only get the credit when the game comes out.

Yeah, that's how it should be. I'm glad it's fixed, I can go back to not paying attention.

dead monkeys
Aug 22, 2005

hehe i'll teach ya the ropes kid
would a kind US good be able to help me out and buy 2 copies of this I will send you the cash on paypal or buy you something on steam if you prefer

http://www.amazon.com/Days-of-Wonde...=ticket+to+ride

edit - All sorted thanks

dead monkeys fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 24, 2013

Jale
Nov 6, 2005

dead monkeys posted:

would a kind US good be able to help me out and buy 2 copies of this I will send you the cash on paypal or buy you something on steam if you prefer

http://www.amazon.com/Days-of-Wonde...=ticket+to+ride

I can help you out, sent a PM.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Heya AmazonTony, I found a problem today using the onetime CAGROCKS code. I went through to purchase the standard copy of AC: Revelations for $11.99 and added the code which gave me a $3 discount. I then realised I needed to change my credit card details so I updated the details and came back to the buy screen and saw that it was back to the $11.99 price. I entered the code again but this time it wouldn't let me apply it saying the code is invalid.

I get it's a onetime code, I just didn't think it'd mark it off against your account until you completed the sale. Just thought you should know.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Crashbee posted:

Huh. I always thought that the digital thing was pre-purchasing, not pre-ordering. As in, it's completely justified for them to tell you to gently caress off if you want to cancel.

Basically I'm sad I could have cancelled my Guild Wars 2 waste of $60.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Hey Tone bone, big fan of your work. Would really love to see a deal on Dead Island Riptide or Metro Last Light now that they're both pretty close to release.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Crashbee posted:

The way they did it this time was weird, they gave you an immediate $15 2k credit within 2 days of setting up a preorder, and then an additional $15 credit when the game was released. Usually everything comes in within 24 hours of game release and not before.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Is there a steam version for the Victoria II DLC: A House Divided? I purchased this http://amzn.com/B006VFRCOA just now and I guess it'd not redeemable on Steam.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

ChikoDemono posted:

Is there a steam version for the Victoria II DLC: A House Divided? I purchased this http://amzn.com/B006VFRCOA just now and I guess it'd not redeemable on Steam.

Victoria 2 possesses zero Steam integration, and the only way to get a Steam version of it or its DLC is to buy it on Steam itself. Same goes for Hearts of Iron III, IIRC, if anyone was wanting to get the pack that's on sale.

I believe there's a way to modify the registry so that the AHD installer thinks the retail version of V2 is installed. If you copy the game from steam to a separate folder, and do that registry trick, you should be able to install the expansion over it. I can't for the life of me find the exported registry key to make this easy or instructions on how to make it work.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Feb 24, 2013

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Victoria 2 possesses zero Steam integration, and the only way to get a Steam version of it or its DLC is to buy it on Steam itself. Same goes for Hearts of Iron III, IIRC, if anyone was wanting to get the pack that's on sale.

That's weird, could have sworn that the Paradox Seas Bundle from a while back came with an AHD steam key.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

TurninTrix posted:

That's weird, could have sworn that the Paradox Seas Bundle from a while back came with an AHD steam key.

Did it? It seems doubly weird that the AHD now doesn't come with one, then. I seem to remember CK2 being the first Paradox-developed game to offer Steam as the primary platform with all sources other than GamersGate offering Steam keys.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Victoria 2 has been in Indie Gala with a Steam key like twice I think.

Julien
Jun 26, 2007

Meanies only take NO
for an answer!

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Did it? It seems doubly weird that the AHD now doesn't come with one, then. I seem to remember CK2 being the first Paradox-developed game to offer Steam as the primary platform with all sources other than GamersGate offering Steam keys.

One of those Paradox bundles that Amazon had in January definitely had Steam keys for both V2 and AHD because that's how I got them on Steam. Maybe Amazon is just out of Steam keys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

workingdogv1 posted:

Something to note is that i believe this game is region locked on Origin. I got this at some point last year from the Amazon store and while the download and stand alone launcher is fine, the Origin client didn't like the activation code. The only reason i could figure is that it's because i'm in the UK and my origin client is set to UK or whatever.

• Locked thread