Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorgo Primus
Mar 29, 2009

We shall forge the most progressive republic ever known to man!
Nah, Populism would have me putting forwards the name "President Hitler Von Lowtax" and Takanago putting forward "Juan Alfaro" or something; and generally we'd have an hour or so in IRC with the two of us coordinating ideas and timing to boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Rurik posted:

I just hope the RNG will favor Vargas, though at this point Ratzinger and Wizardo would be fine too. Wait... is this how populism works? Somebody mentioned Cretan populists presented so awful choices that their opponents agreed on "compromise" that was the real goal of the populists all along.

Sounds like a conspiracy to me! :sax:

Throwing in another vote the the bloated Kyoon fanclub.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Voting is still up?! Count me in as another Kyoon supporter!

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
I vote for Kyoon Presidente.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Vote Kyoon 2013!

:sax:

AnoMouse
Feb 13, 2012
I'll laugh so drat hard if Kyoon wins this.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
With over a page of bandwagoneers, :sax: is now firmly in the lead. Will he have the chutzpah to take down the dread RNG? Find out in the next episode of "Tropico: The Goony Years"

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

AnoMouse posted:

I'll laugh so drat hard if Kyoon wins this.

It really would work, since Tropico would be ruled by an insane person controlled by a shadowy cabal- just like any good collaborative LP should be played :allears:

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Kyoon please

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Another vote for :bandwagon: Kyoon / Leftist Author / Installed by CIA. :bandwagon:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Oh god, this is going to be just like the Sims Medieval Let's Play where half of the characters were shoehorned-in pop culture references.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Rurik posted:

I know I called Ratzinger and Wizardo bad gimmicks. But this is even worse. :negative:

I just hope the RNG will favor Vargas, though at this point Ratzinger and Wizardo would be fine too. Wait... is this how populism works? Somebody mentioned Cretan populists presented so awful choices that their opponents agreed on "compromise" that was the real goal of the populists all along.
I just wanted to say how much I agreed with this. Thank goodness for the RNG.

Bandwagoning is a terrifying thing. I'd like to believe there were other people who thought this was a really silly (in a bad way) idea, but it looks like people are swept up in the momentum of the thing.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Kyoon is the goddamned worst, and incredibly lame.

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

i wasn't going to vote but on the strength of those last two posts I say Kyoon for president.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
ITT we complain about how gimmicky and unfunny the various names on parade are and watch them win.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
It's at times like these, when the Bandwagon not only flies off the rails but crashes into an orphanage as well, that I would bring down the Goonocracy and restore the Wiztatorship/Wizarchy if I could. But I digress. That wouldn't have made this thread as fun, would it now?

Still changing my vote from Wizardo to Ratzinger, on the account that I just don't get the Kyoon joke. Quite frankly I don't think I would've found it that fun even if I did get it. And besides which, were I in this "Kyoon's" place I'm not sure I would've enjoyed having my nick bandwagoneered on the sake of a nasty(?) joke.

I thought my Communist Rebellion/For the People idea with timetravellers from the Union of Rome was kinda fun (not to mention rare, since everyone seems to reference the Crete LP rather than Hohenzoller). But, y'know, whatever. The Goonocracy/Bandwagon has spoken and all that! I, however, vote Ratzinger for Pope Presidente!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Luhood posted:

And besides which, were I in this "Kyoon's" place I'm not sure I would've enjoyed having my nick bandwagoneered on the sake of a nasty(?) joke.

Were you in Kyoon's shoes I would hope that you would be seeking professional help.

Just... just read the SAclopedia entry. All will be made clear.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Luhood posted:

And besides which, were I in this "Kyoon's" place I'm not sure I would've enjoyed having my nick bandwagoneered on the sake of a nasty(?) joke.

I am quite sure the Pope would mind more about us using his name than Kyoon would.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

YF-23 posted:

I am quite sure the Pope would mind more about us using his name than Kyoon would.

A world in which the Pope is a goon (and therefore might find out about this) would be...interesting, to say the least.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Voting is still going right? If so, joining the Kyoon / Leftist Author / Installed by CIA :bandwagon:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Heh, I voted for Kyoon before the bandwagon started :smuggo:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

What is in a name? That which we call el presidente by any other name would oppress just as much.

Seriously, Wiz could do his thing even if we named him El Penis Grande. Don't worry, guys.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

And besides, Vargas already has had a shot at being dictator, let Kyoon have his place in the sun.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004
Necesitamos un partido Condorito.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
I hope y'all people complaining about silly votes keep this in mind when we decide whether or not to hold elections. :colbert: Clearly, finicky voters cannot be trusted to decide the fate of our dear Presidente.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Luhood posted:

Still changing my vote from Wizardo to Ratzinger, on the account that I just don't get the Kyoon joke. Quite frankly I don't think I would've found it that fun even if I did get it. And besides which, were I in this "Kyoon's" place I'm not sure I would've enjoyed having my nick bandwagoneered on the sake of a nasty(?) joke.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3533768

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Luhood posted:

Countless goons have said it already, but you really need to read Kyoon's SAclopedia entry, and hang around GBS more often, because when a Kyoon thread goes up, it's magical :allears: Hell, I even check the Gas Chamber once in a while just in case I've missed one of his threads.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Naming El Presidente after any goon seems a bit off. I am, however, half-tempted to switch to SlothfulCobra's suggestion.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

Rurik posted:

I know I called Ratzinger and Wizardo bad gimmicks. But this is even worse. :negative:

You realize Vargas is a dumb gimmick too, right? Getúlio Vargas was the real-life dictator of Brazil. People are just voting for him because of an error in one of the Paradox WW2 games (I forget which one), in which he is incorrectly listed as a communist.

Given the choice between three dumb unfunny gimmicks and a dumb funny gimmick (Kyoon), I know which one I'll vote for.

Alternatively, people could stop caring so much about something entirely meaningless.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

My personal bandwagon is "anything but the boring-rear end Wizardo name".

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Viscardus posted:

You realize Vargas is a dumb gimmick too, right? Getúlio Vargas was the real-life dictator of Brazil. People are just voting for him because of an error in one of the Paradox WW2 games (I forget which one), in which he is incorrectly listed as a communist.

Given the choice between three dumb unfunny gimmicks and a dumb funny gimmick (Kyoon), I know which one I'll vote for.

Alternatively, people could stop caring so much about something entirely meaningless.

The dictator in the LP of Tropico 3 was named Voodoo Pizzaman. Voodoo Pizzaman. And his in-game avatar was a dead ringer for Baron Samedi, of Live and Let Die/actual Vodun fame.

He comes with the game. He was selected out of a large group of actual dictators and a small number of original characters who are all pre-built for you in character selection. Other original characters include "Gabriel," who is a Russian operative with a fake mustache, a female gangster from Las Vegas, and "El Pollo Diablo." All of these characters make a return in Tropico 4.

If you (collective you) think you need to take Tropico seriously, you're doing it wrong.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Haven't had time to sit down and count yet, will try to do so tonight - also wouldn't mind if either Sniper or Magrov counted for me.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

Wiz posted:

Haven't had time to sit down and count yet, will try to do so tonight - also wouldn't mind if either Sniper or Magrov counted for me.

I'll do it. I'm at work, so there's nothing better to do. Also, it's just a bunch of :sax: votes since the last tally.

Edit/Update: Easier than I thought. Vote tally spreadsheet

Top 4 names:
Kyoon: 57 Votes
Joseph Aloisius Ratzinger: 28 Votes
Getúlio Vargas: 25 Votes
Wizardo de Paradox de Pytheid de la Creta: 20 Votes

Top 6 Backgrounds:
Leftist Author: 55 Votes
Man of the People: 34 Votes
Fortunate Son: 20 Votes
Born in the Purple: 18 Votes
Booze Baron: 12 Votes
Pop Singer: 11 Votes

Top 6 Rise to Power:
Installed by CIA: 57 Votes
Communist Rebellion: 24 Votes
Religious Appointment: 19 Votes
Bought the Elections: 15 Votes
Heir Aparent: 15 Votes
Elected as Fascist: 13 Votes

Nothing else had more than 10 votes.

Magrov fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Feb 25, 2013

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince

Viscardus posted:

At least it's a gimmick that fits the setting. Yeah I know it's meaningless, so whatever really.

NihilCredo posted:

My personal bandwagon is "anything but the boring-rear end Wizardo name".

This is the first time I actually notice how bandwagons are a thing in these LPs. AzeriEU had tolerance, AzeriVicky "Our Jews". And now this even before Tropico LP even began. Sure it's fun when everyone's excited about something I find funny. But my inner manchild is irritated when I find it unfunny. :v:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Wiz posted:

Magrov beat me to it. I swear I'm not being lazy. Also do you want banners?

Goddamn do people love Kyoon.

Gorgo Primus
Mar 29, 2009

We shall forge the most progressive republic ever known to man!

sniper4625 posted:

Magrov beat me to it. I swear I'm not being lazy. Also do you want banners?

Goddamn do people love Kyoon.

Still waiting on mine. :colbert:

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Changing my reptillian "vote" from Illuminati actor "Ratzinger" to Last-Prophet Kyoooooooon.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Kyooooon :sax:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
The bandwagon-bitchers have persuaded me. Changing my vote from Ratzinger to Kyoon.

kyoooooooooooooooooooon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

SlothfulCobra posted:

What is in a name? That which we call el presidente by any other name would oppress just as much.

Seriously, Wiz could do his thing even if we named him El Penis Grande. Don't worry, guys.

Changing my vote to El Penis Grande

• Locked thread