Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?
The great thing about this game is that there's always some event going on. Until this bracket event started up, I hadn't tackled the standard map in weeks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Honestly, I would prefer it sometimes if they had a couple day break. That said, this game also tends to give out daily prizes which is awesome and gives you a reason to play, instead of just aiming for some elusive leaderboard ranking 7 days away.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
What the hell is up with the coin pricing? It is 0.99 for 100 and $5.49 for 505. You would figure there would be a discount for buying more.

Also is there ever any bundle deals?

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life
Is it just my phone/rom or are there fairly long loading times on this game? It takes quite a while for the game to boot, and then switching any screens I almost always get a second long loading with the orange cube in the middle of the screen. That pretty much ruins a phone game for me.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
I haven't played the game yet, but did you know texel is actually a place? It's an island here in the netherlands:

https://maps.google.nl/maps?q=texel,+netherlands&hl=en&sll=53.099553,4.808668&sspn=0.343019,0.891953&t=h&hnear=Texel,+North+Holland&z=11

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

SaucyLoggins posted:

Is it just my phone/rom or are there fairly long loading times on this game? It takes quite a while for the game to boot, and then switching any screens I almost always get a second long loading with the orange cube in the middle of the screen. That pretty much ruins a phone game for me.

I'm running it on a fairly decent gaming rig, and it pegs my CPU temp about 6 degrees Celsius higher then any PC game ever has. I assume that's because it's not using any GPU power, which is fine. At any rate, I have the exact same load times, so I think that is server communication instead of actual load.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
As figured I'm getting crushed in echelon 2. I think I'm gonna shoot for 8th place so I can get the 5 pixite. I don't stand much of a chance to get the mucapoors and I don't need the common guy clogging up my box. I hope the next event is this fun.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
I've been getting way more points for pvp wins than I feel I should, even with no 2x frenzy activated. It shows you a preview of the amount of points you'll get for a win when you pick which of the 3 opponents you want to fight, right? I've been getting a couple hundred more points than that when I win - what else is a factor?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

retro sexual posted:

I've been getting way more points for pvp wins than I feel I should, even with no 2x frenzy activated. It shows you a preview of the amount of points you'll get for a win when you pick which of the 3 opponents you want to fight, right? I've been getting a couple hundred more points than that when I win - what else is a factor?

The box above it you get a bonus for your current streak count per fight.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

No, the box above it is a bonus per echelon. Higher echelons give higher bonus points. The last of 3 battles will have an extra fight for a win-streak bonus.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
Nevermind. Sef 0/0.

God Damn Dam God fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 27, 2013

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?
So, so close to first place in echelon 1, but the guy ahead of me is a loving beast. Mid-day, he was 60,000 points ahead of me; now I'm at 111,000 points to his 130,000. Every time I start to catch up, he boosts another 10,000 points or so.

Gave it a good shot, though, and at least I'll get my first epic out of this. Guess I shouldn't be greedy :)

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Got two Zalmoxis and enough Laqip to make this Isiratuu. Fun fact: an Isiratuu already exists -- it's that multi-legged lizard rare that evolves from Arwia. Weird.

I guess I'll keep the two epics separate from now as the stats are pretty good (the one in the photo is 39/40). I started the event with about 160 nux bits and I think I have like 30 left. Decided to go all out today and see if I could snag first place!

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Finished first in my bracket, but I only made it to echelon 4. Still it was fun to struggle in the early ones only to smoke the competition on the last day.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I just hung back today. I managed to get another mucapor and finished the ranking with a bronze crown. My last 2 echelon were crazy. People throwing around 200k+ score like nothing. Oh well I still had a lot of fun.

Kroagnon
Jun 17, 2004
Kroagnon's SA Forum Account (Happy Birthday BIOTCH)
So in four days of playing I made it into echelon 1, and of course was completely outleveled. Still managed to finish 7th though. Here's my dilemma, I've got a Mucapor with a SEF of 1 and just evolved another one from the base guys, the two Mucapor are way better then every thing else I have though, I should wait to fuse them until I get something that would replace the extra one, right? Kinda wish I had three now.

Also, now that the pvp is over what do we use the bits for besides bosses?

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

retro sexual posted:

This is before the fight:

This is after I win it:

I was on a 6 win streak, so this was for win 7. It says i'll get 32 points for beating him, plus (I'd have thought) 250 points for winning the set of 3 (for a 9-win-streak). Instead I got 282 for that win.

Seems like a bug? This was happening constantly, so with 2x frenzy bonus I was getting 600 points per matchup all the time

Teslavi
May 28, 2006
Ridiculous.
Pretty sure that's just the Echelon bonus. When you're going for the 3rd win in a set, there are two icons there, and you get your second reward separately.

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
I had been doing pretty well all day until about 5 hours left when I ran out of leafs and was pushed into 3rd by only 4k points. I then said "ah gently caress it" and take my three Mucapors because I'm not spending money on this to buy bitters. And shortly after the event ended I realize I could have used my Texi to buy bitters and rocket past 2nd and 1st easy since they appeared to have given up with 5 hours to go. Now I have a Brasus with 4/5 SEF and a Mucapor with 4/5 SEF.

I get the feeling that they were only for that event, is that the case or could they show up randomly for pixite? I just need one Brasus :saddowns:

And if anyone was like me and wondered if pixite trading actually could get you elites; yes, yes it can. I got a Neversaw (he's the green Wolverine in a cloak), which is one of the lamer looking ones but seems pretty bawlla nonetheless.

After playing this as much as I have I'm pretty disappointed this isn't just a full fleshed out card battle style game. There's no trading and the 1 energy per 3 min limit is absolute murder. A hour and a half for full bp is fine but with how quickly you go through energy 5 hours is just too much. The game would be way more fun without it but then I guess it's just another way to get people to dump money into it.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

retro sexual posted:

This is before the fight:

This is after I win it:

I was on a 6 win streak, so this was for win 7. It says i'll get 32 points for beating him, plus (I'd have thought) 250 points for winning the set of 3 (for a 9-win-streak). Instead I got 282 for that win.

Seems like a bug? This was happening constantly, so with 2x frenzy bonus I was getting 600 points per matchup all the time

No I think the way it looks onscreen is right. You got 32 for the base win and 250 for your echolon bonus giving you your 282. You should have seen an extra red hovering points amount on 3rd/9th etc fights in a row at the top. I know I sometimes did when I was paying attention.

It's the only way the system could work to hand out the prizes it listed for 8 zillion points etc. I just about managed 50k and that was mostly hovering in the mid echolon ranges after barely playing the last couple of days due to not having the nux or the will to spend money to compete properly.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Free Drinks posted:

I get the feeling that they were only for that event, is that the case or could they show up randomly for pixite? I just need one Brasus :saddowns:

After playing this as much as I have I'm pretty disappointed this isn't just a full fleshed out card battle style game. There's no trading and the 1 energy per 3 min limit is absolute murder. A hour and a half for full bp is fine but with how quickly you go through energy 5 hours is just too much. The game would be way more fun without it but then I guess it's just another way to get people to dump money into it.
So far most event units haven't repeated. However this week's event does feature a return of what used to be "event"ish units (the Hollyfly --> Witchberry line) so it's possible in the future you'll run into them again. Not only that, but I think the dungeon has some past units I've never had and you can get those from similiths. I keep everything just in case. As for the energy cooldown, etc -- that's just the norm in these kinds of games (except for Fantasica I guess). If you could play whenever you wanted you could just power level yourself in a day anyway.

I'm impressed. The two new dungeons are different than what we've seen before. Even though D.O.T. only really has 3 event types so far (mob raid, PVP, special dungeon) they do seen to find ways to keep it fresh. I tried the first 3* level of the magic dungeon and got owned. :saddowns:

For those who haven't played special dungeons, you can now get doxite and similiths. Similiths are my favorite thing ever. They are a very rare drop after a battle and work sort of like pixite/doxite, except that they will build you the fighter that dropped it. If you're strong enough to do the later dungeons, this means you can potentially win rares from drops.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

See, I knew we'd see the return of some old units! Haven't seen a Kaveh in a long time. Clocks, you said the recent eagle drop fused into an existing rare? That's dumb, especially cause I give Arwia's all the time.

Anyone notice the new features? You can now build in increments of 100, and you can view unit stats during battle. There also seem to be gold/silver/bronze crowns at the top of the band screen. Wonder what those signify?

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
It also marks new units and will group units together when you build like ikuppi x10.

The crowns indicate placement during events. The last event awarded a bronze crown for placing in the top 2000.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

No, just that there are two rares named Isiratuu in the game, which is pretty weird.

I see the same crowns I always see - they appear once you've won one once. Or are there others? And I didn't know about the 100 build, can use that on the 150 pixite I have stored up. It's actually a "build all, up to 100" button which is awesome.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
I wish there was a way to sort the cache (by name, and by quantity in your collection already)

Seraji
Oct 28, 2007

Please wait while custom title and avatar loads...

I was looking at some people in the top 10 and this is their setup. I don't understand, anyone know why they have a load of useless units?

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Any tips on how I should format my troops for the event dungeon? I want fast guys not high magic guys right?

mcpringles fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 27, 2013

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

Yeah, high agility for today and supposedly, high wisdom for tomorrow. The auto button didn't do a great job choosing my band, so sort by agility (desc).

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I didn pretty well on the last event but this just crushes me. Guess they're normally oriented towards high-level players.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I wiped on road 3 of medium tier, but I went back and cleared it again. I think this is my limit. I'm just gonna farm medium tier stages 1-2 for the doxite and hopefully get a rare swordlion to go with my swordrat.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

/\/\/\ This. I tried road one on tier three for grins and got my rear end handed to me on the first battle. Made it to mission four on tier two, then wiped, and spent the next hour trying mobage' other games to get coin to replace all of the GLU I lost. Farming doxite is pretty fun, though, I've already upgraded a couple of the commons, though they suck pretty hard. I won't lie, I bought 20bux worth of that stupid currency during the PVP event so I could upgrade SWORDCAT, but I have to say, the rare it turns into is pretty badass.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I can do up to mission 4 without any trouble but on level 5 these epic enemies start wrecking me even with my rare 970 agi centaur.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah 2-4 is the road block for me. A team of epics just destroys me. They move way too fast and have a 70% odds to destroy a monster. I was one step away :(

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Haha what?

I'm on 2-5 and I've never been hit once, but I guess I've been playing more than you guys. I anticipate being able to finish the 2* missions with no difficulty. I tried 3-1 and about 3-4 fights in half my fighters were dead so I exited out. Those 3* dungeons are brutal.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
For me it's just that my fastest monsters still attack after the enemies and they 1-shot me with their spell 80% of the time. Not a lot you can do.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah most my fastest monsters only got about 700-800 speed . The epic are faster than that so they are picking off my team. Hopefully I can get one :3:

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

I can't beat the last easy stage.

I was checking out the leaderboards and the top ranked guy is level 523. How do people level so fast? He's gained at least 5 levels since this afternoon.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

They buy lots of bitters. Those are 100 energy, so about 6-7 fights each. They're most likely doing the 3* dungeon which gives slightly more experience as well.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
I think we need to agree on whether it's a rat a cat.

Also, I need more friends for that achievement, if you guys can, could you add braww24 to your friends list, please :allears: ..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Is there any reliable way to farm the invite code rares? I currently have a 1/5 sef hydra sitting in my inventory and if I can't realistically upgrade it I'm gonna dump it eventually.

• Locked thread