Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roara
Nov 14, 2012
Red (Val Aman, leaving a Tea Party in the Woods)

An army of trees, lead by a mad, red-clad woodsman... or, Red wondered, was she a woodswoman? The point is, she's cut down a few trees in her day, and now they were helping her fight wolves. She almost regretted cutting those trees down, but Val Aman winters were not pleasant, and they needed the firewood, so it wasn't really something she could take back.

Still, she'd make sure not to cut these trees. Unless they were traitorous trees, and they intended on selling her out to the wolves. That'd be pretty absurd, though!

Deciding that she wasn't just going to sit around and wait for the wolves to get her, she lead her treeman army in the direction she heard... felt the wolves' howl. Assuming her adventures in wonderland weren't over just yet, maybe they could add more strange troops to her already unusual army. Certainly, if her powers - still unknown to her - continued working, the forest would be filled with strange creatures and other surreal things, whether they were loyal to their creator or not!

D: Phantasms +2 (Continue creating phantasms with her ability, preferably ones that are loyal to her, but in general, she's going to fill the forest with surreal phantasms as she travels towards the source of the wolves)
M: Hallucinations -2 (Some of the phantasms might not be so loyal, or their existance even desirable)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie #246
Apr 26, 2003

Murr rgghhh ahhrghhh fffff
Daveron (Arandia, The Order's Keep)

Daveron clapped on of the men on his back, a grumpy smile (if there is such thing) forming on his face. "Good haul, Ed." Ed grunts in response, and continues counting the money in front of him.

Daveron looks through the men in the Order, and even nods to those who don't seem to follow his tenets as closely as he'd like. Eventually he selects on a special few, and has a secret meeting among them.

"You lot, you'll be the men of the order with the power of your word. My own word has carried me thus far, and so hopefully will yours carry you to even further greatness."

Using +2 Truth and +2 Bad Luck to make a smaller group of the guys loyal to me (since the guys less fond of legitmized looting probably wouldn't care much for this) the Speakers of Truth. The name is a bit of a fancied up twist of how it actually works. Basically, these guys go out and find some hotspots of questionable legal activity (grey enough that a raid by the Order would look like a bunch of heroes), fleece the guys into where the goods are stored, who the names are of the people involved, that kind of thing. Those being interrogated by those guys feel compelled to say everything truthfully that they can, and those that fail to do so suffer some calamity of bad luck.

The proceeds of these endeavors will be split 50 percent renovating the keep (and the men' pockets and whatnot), and 50 percent sent to Ilvis as retirement slush fund.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Edo (Eosia, Imperial University of Eisos)

With Stavos' approval you turn your power to try and change Ajikan before he has a chance to speak, surprise and alarm written over his face at the comment of removing his magic power. Edo reaches into to Ajikan and can see inside him a spark, something that Katinos had but the others, with a few exceptions, that you've worked on have not had. So you metaphysically reach in and snuff it. At the same time together with Stavos you take the obsidian he handed you and meld it into his body. With a sample to work with it's a bit easier for you and with Stavos' aid changing his body is even easier. When you are done you look upon Ajikan. He looks slim, fit and possibly attractive, were it not for his black obsidian flesh with curious white markings lining it like full body tattoos. Odd, as you didn't add those in yourself and you were the conduit for Stavos' power.

Ajikan blinks for a moment, stares at his hand and then immediately drops to the floor on his knees. He is actually shivering physically as he looks up at you with despair and terror in his eyes. "What did you do." He whispers. "Please, change it back...please..." The look in his face is...haunting. While part of Edo would be satisfied to leave him like this, the greater part of him, that part that is compassionate and the source of his healing power refuses to leave him like that. So Edo reaches out and tries to return the spark that he extinguished to him.

Suddenly something rushes through Edo like a river of hot water. Magic is literally flowing into and through him, as he reignites the spark of magic within Ajikan. A little stronger than before no less as well. But it's not just power that flows into Edo, it's understanding. Knowledge of how magic works and how to use it. Suddenly all of the terrible and wonderful things that can be done through the arcane arts are crystal clear to Edo along with the realisation that destruction is quicker and sometimes easier than to build or to heal. While it hardly excuses the way the Magisters act, you begin to understand a little bit the reasons why they do what they do, as well as why magic is so carefully regulated.

Success all around. Additionally Edo gains the Divine Trait Magic [+2], possibly to his displeasure.

Andra (Arandia, Coltain)

Despite the fact that Andra was not being especially charming in her use of language, the offering of a dead giant serpent and thus an end to the destruction plaguing the fisherman did a lot to motivate them. A group of the fishermen come after a while and assist Andra in dragging the carcass to the town. It does however take a while and by the time it gets to town is beginning to smell a bit. Not wanting to leave it any longer to rot, Andra makes the suggestion that since it ate all the town's fish for a time, the town should eat it. The poetic justice of this is not lost on the people and everyone starts working on stripping it to the bones and eating it. Andra notices Baros taking one of its huge teeth, but he doesn't seem to be acting suspiciously about it and waves awkwardly, holding the tooth as large as him in his other while balancing awkwardly.

Success. On a side note feeding the town the serpent and letting them take in part of its accumulated Belief will have some interesting effects down the track. But you'll find that out later.

Octagon (Val Aman, Val Setin)

You are lead to a number of stores, however only one offers you the antidote to the poison. The fact that this alchemist knows enough about his art to make a counter-agent to something he has created makes you feel confident that he is the right one to buy from. Just as you go to buy it, the spider noble whispers a question to you.

"Does he have something to counteract my venom?"

Curious, especially since it might be relevant should you displease her and she bites you Octagon asks. The owner wonders about the spider and is taken aback when it crawls out from your collar and onto your shoulder. "A Wraithwood Recluse! You are playing with death itself ser." He replies sombrely and pulls out a single stopper with a dark purple-red liquid. "Should it bite you, drink the entire bottle." He says and puts it with your poison and antidote purchase, assuming that now Octagon would want one.

"Drink it. I will give you a kiss, and it would be a shame if you died." The noble says seriously, giving Octagon the impression that she's not kidding.

Success, you find the best person to buy from.

Ilvis (Arandia, The Order's Keep)

Ilvis finds a gap and hammers the coin in with the hilt of her sword. The horse tries to move, but it seems like its back cannot move properly. Shortly Ilvis notices the coin stuck in a place where the gap was to allow movement of the horse.

You jam up the horse. It can't move properly now. It looks at you irritably.

Civar (Arandia, Har River near Harvan)

Civar makes merry into the night with his people, trying to include Aideen and make her feel more comfortable. It seems to work a little bit and you notice that after a while she seems to have gathered a crowd of children around her and is telling a story. It's not a nasty story, or a story of loss, but a simple story that a mother would tell her child as a way of teaching them about the world. There's a look of happiness in her face, but there's still a touch of sadness in her eyes.

Kovar (Taless, Over-Sellos)

There are blank stares at first when Burd and Kovar return to Sellos. Kovar is the more recognisable of the two, already being somewhat bearded due to his cultivation of a vagabond image, but people soon realise (after Kovar mentions Burd by name) who his companion is. The reaction to this is unsurprisingly initially shock and wariness. After a while people seem to accept that Kovar is mostly the same, but Burd's transformation still unsettles them a little. Despite this, Kovar has more than a few people express some curiosity in his 'special training program'.

Later that day Jusep comes to speak to you. He hadn't seen Burd and your change and he pauses for a moment, his eyes going wide in surprise. Then he shrugs and speaks; "Don't know what you're eating boss but I'd like some if you'll share." He says and pauses for a moment collecting his thoughts. "I need help. Barbara has been watching your lessons and practising on her own." Jusep says with a look of desperation in his eyes. This doesn't seem that bad so you smile and with a little laugh ask him why that's so wrong. Jusep turns deadly serious at that comment. "Yes, but she's good at it, I mean really good. You need to help me, Kovar, I need to be better so I can fight her properly. She asked me to help her spar and I said yes but oh god she'll beat me I know it!" He says, and then noticing the raised eyebrow adds; "I mean physically beat, as in hurt me, not that she'll win. I don't really care if she wins or not as long as she's happy about it."

Mazir (Elysian Sands, Elysia)

By the time Mazir had said "TAKE MY MARK AND SEAL OUR BOND AND ONE DAY THE SANDS WILL CASCADE UPON THE WORLD!" most of the crowd were cowed into submission. He could feel it in him, a rush of power as they accepted that their fates would be bound to him.

So it was when he uttered the words, 'sands will cascade upon the world' the very air around him whipped into a fierce wind. It gathered around Mazir like a tornado of sand, blacking out the world for a moment before he felt himself lifted by something. As the wind subsided and the last bits of sand began to fall into place Mazir realised that it had constructed a throne. The throne looked like it was made of wood and while he held the sand in place it felt and acted like wood. But it was made of sand instead.

The crowd grew even further hushed and awed as Mazir tested his control, forming a an arm as large as three people out of sand and controlling it from afar. Then a thought occurred to Mazir and he sent forth a great sand storm. People cried out in pain and surprise but after a minute it passed, and everyone present had a glowing green symbol of Mazir's power carved into their chest by the sand.

Success. Also Mazir gains the Divine Trait Sand [+2]

Degowin (Frozen Wilds, Northward)

The Huntmaster tends to the seeds, but his art is with the cold itself and not with life. Degowin finds that while he has changed the seeds, he has not changed the nature of the plant itself. The current crop will grow hardily in the ice and snow, but the seeds they produce will not have that trait.

The real problem that Degowin discovers is that the hunters he changed like the cold, while their families cannot survive in it. This is causing them to have to live apart and a number of wives have come to you, asking for you to help them so that they do not have to stop living with their husbands. Their expectation is likely that you will undo what you have done to the hunters now that it is not needed, although none say anything as such and are very careful and cautious around you still.

Failure, but only just.

Adam (Taeless, Under-Sellos)

The mines which always seemed so expansive to you once, now seem not that deep at all. Truthfully Sellos still had a great amount of wealth untapped, both in metals practical, precious and in stones and gems of all kinds. Well, the tunnels would do for temporary housing at least. Hovels could be made and in a way, the tunnels were like a kind of street. But they were not very well planned and they meandered. It'd be an organic way to build a town, but if Adam wanted to make a more ordered, structured settlement that truly showed off Dwarven craftsmanship then likely it would just be a temporary measure. Either way it would do for now at least, anything larger would take years to carve out and to truly civilise. In a way, the Dwarves were exploring into the underground like frontier explorers. It made it easier to understand the current situation when Adam could relate it to past experiences. Certainly it helped him explain it to others.

Success, you can make other hovels down tunnels to create streets and pathways. This will help create a sense of space and privacy for people which will alleviate some issues.

Lilian (The Great Sea)

"If we return you, what would stop you from simply being captured again?" The woman asks reasonably, looking out of the window to the sea. "I can return you if you want, but I am also offering you the chance to learn to use and control your powers more. Have a think about it. You're not truly a prisoner here, but I think you will find we are offering you an invaluable opportunity. Besides, I am sure we can find some way to allow you to speak to your family." She adds with an attempt at a friendly smile. You get the expression she normally wears a much sterner expression however.

Red (Val Aman, Spinewoods)

In the Spinewoods that bordered on the Val Titanus mountains there was a party of travellers walking through the woods. There was a lake further in where a specific flower grew, it was a potent remedy for many ailments of the chest and it had been a cold and damp winter so far. Val Haysus would need many more flowers to keep up with those becoming ill. The day was unusually clear and bright, although still cold and the woods were mostly quiet and calm. A few deer and stags here and there as well as the odd rabbit were their only company in the forest. As they neared the lake though the wood seemed to grow darker and the air grew thicker. Shadows began to form around them and the herbalists grew a little afraid. Sadly they were right to do so as shadows darted out, living darkness and dove into them. The five herbalists dropped their baskets and screamed in pain as their bodies twisted and changed. When it was done the five of them stared in horror at each other, for they had become some monstrous combination of wolf and man. Yet the change of their minds was not yet complete and the Wolves, or the essence of them barked loudly in their heads.

The red one comes. Blood, death, run before she catches you.

Red had been very pleased by the dragon. It was a bit larger than a horse but had good hearing, sight, sense of smell and importantly wasn't a wolf. She'd made sure. But there was a wolf, or more out here somewhere. She'd heard screaming so she knew that they had to be nearby. They'd managed to catch some poor victim, or victims. She had to redouble her pace and Red urged her mighty dinner tray steed to run faster. It was pretty close to the ground but it could run faster than the silly horse with a horn, people should never underestimate silverware after all. Then she caught a glimpse of them, some things that looked like people but had been taken over by wolves. Now they were corrupted and would come to try and kill her. Although, not if she could kill them first.

The poor herbalists however saw the mad girl, axe in hand, clothes in tatters riding on a silver tray and with the forest running behind her. They no longer doubted the voices in their heads and ran as fast as they could.

Success, you created both allies and enemies for yourself, fitting in with your delusions. Additionally Red gains the Divine Trait Wolves [+2] as she is starting to change the nature of wolves themselves.

Daveron (Arandia, The Order's Keep)

Well you created a special group, but sadly they did not seem to have any greater powers than the others in your order. Although they were loyal, they were elevated only in name and not in ability.

Failure, you don't manage to imbue them with any greater ability than they already had.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Kovar - Over-Sellos

Kovar laughs gently, "So you need some help to keep up with her?" He ponders for a second, "Well, in terms of things that will take effect right this moment I could repeat the transformation Burd underwent. It would certainly leave you able to help Barbara spar, and do so well. There are other possibilities that are less drastic, but they'd take far longer. Also, you know I've had my eyes on you as a potential lieutenant since your encounter with Fel in the volcano. So I certainly wouldn't say no to the opportunity to help you become the best soldier you could be."

"What do you say?"

If Jussep assented, Kovar would once more attempt to repeat the feat he had with Burd, to reach into the flame within himself and share it with Jussep with the intent of using it to forge Jussep into a fitting lieutenant in this new army he was building. This meant not only sharing the flames of strength to enhance his body, but sharing some of the general's power of insight as well. He wanted Jussep to be able to assist him in commanding and teaching the men, and if it would help him teach Barbara and strengthen their bond all the better.

If Jussep agrees, Kovar will try and change him in a similar way as he did to Burd.

Strength[+2] - To change him in the ways that Burd was changed.

Divine Strategy[+2] - To share some of that divine insight with him, so he'll be better able to act as a commander and a teacher.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Kovar (Taeless, Over-Sellos)

There was an almighty rip as Jusep suddenly grew, even taller than yourself and Burd, standing at around a full 8 feet tall. At first for a moment you thought everything was successful until you realise his eyes aren't glowing. Jusep is noticeably perturbed by the fact he's now a almost a full 3 foot taller than Barbara. "Hmm, I don't know if this is going to go down well." He wonders and excuses himself, going to find a sheet to dress himself in before Kovar has a chance to comment. An hour later Barbara storms back with the somewhat sheepish looking Jusep.

"Look at him. Look at him!" She yells at the top of her lungs, her face livid with anger and showing absolutely no concern for any kind of discretion or discipline. Burd who is watching on seems mildly surprised and...possibly amused. "How am I supposed to spar with him now? You need to fix this, either undo what you did to him or do it to me as well!" She screeches into the air, starting to draw attention.

Failure, but it was a close thing so I decided to go with an amusing interpretation. Basically you made Jusep too big and failed to give him any special abilities. This is denoted by the lack of glowing eyes.

Wilhelm (Arandia, Minburg)

The man and kid were like Wilhelm, kind of beetle-like with carapaces and on the man, a big horn. The woman is more like some a cross between a bee or a wasp. The most curious thing is that even though the woman is still to human minds a woman, to the bug part of Wilhelm she's not. She's not the queen, and you're not even sure if she can reproduce any more actually. But the weirdest part of all is that Wilhelm is pretty sure he could make more bugs...somehow. There's an urge for a moment to tinker, to specialise offspring to be suited to tasks, but that's put aside as you continue to teach them how to work with the insects.

In the end each seems to have a different affinity, being able to talk to a kind of insect, but not any others. The woman can talk to the bees, the man the ants and the kid, disconcertingly enough, seems to get along with wasps just fine.

Success, they each have a speciality.

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 19, 2013

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Wilhelm - Minburg

Uh oh. Now he had people in his head. This was probably a bad thing, because he really did not like talking to people. Though if they could speak to him, then they would also be able to speak to what were previously his private companions. Perhaps they would even listen to each other for what was needed?

Wilhelm calls out to the changed folk of Minburg to meet with him, and upon arrival he begins quizzing them and asking questions for what they are capable of doing. The ease of the communication through the mind- It was an odd thing that made him slightly more understanding and empathetic with the citizens of Minburg compared to his usual self.

After most of the gatherers arrived he began teaching them how to communicate with their less-brained, yet still important, brothers and sisters of miniature size.

Using Insect Lord +2 and Master Beekeeper +4 to teach people how to communicate, help, and get help from the actual insects in the hive mind. I dunno if Crotchety -2 would play into this because people in the hive mind would probably have a greater understanding of his usual hostile demeanor, but if it does hammer that on too.

Roara
Nov 14, 2012

Atop her faithful if unusual steed, Red saw strange human/wolf hybrids. Wolfmen, she considered calling them. This was strange, though. Were they another hallucination - did they only exist in her mind? However, something about them felt all too real. She could almost taste their wolf-like nature... but, why were they part man as well?

She considered that, rather than just being wolves, maybe they were humans with some wolf in them, or perhaps wolves with some human in them. She didn't like the idea of killing humans - that's what wolves did - but she didn't trust wolves that could masquerade as human!

As she chased them, she considered what she ought to do... then, she realised, this all must obviously be a dream. Wolfmen weren't real, and neither were treemen or dinner tray steeds. That would even explain why she knew things without any explanation, like that wolf's howl earlier!

Since it was obviously just a dream, and obviously her dream, she could do whatever she wanted! And, right now, she wanted to split the wolfmen safely apart into wolves and men. That would be easier to deal with!

Of course, when all you have is an axe...

If Red reaches the newly-created wolfmen, she'll try to literally cut the wolf out of them with her axe, but she'll attempt her main action regardless of whether she manages to hit them with her axe, misses them, or even if she never actually catches up! In the last case, she might just swing in their general direction, rather than actually trying to hit them.

D: Phantasms +2 (Her imagination says they should split when she cuts them with her axe, even if her axe doesn't necessarily touch them. In other words, she's trying to turn her ordinary axe into some spiritual exorcism weapon)
D: Wolves +2 (She made wolf-spirits that could combine with humans. Now she's trying to uncombine them!)

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Andra (Arandia, Coltain)

Andra beams as she sees the townspeople feasting on the Serpent, knowing that this is a perfect plan that will not go wrong ever and that there is no possible way that this will backfire. She waves to young Baros, and then makes a show of going over to him to thank him for his help and to praise the hard work he clearly put into the harpoon and otherwise give the kid bragging rights for the next few weeks. It's the sort of thing that'll make his apprenticeship go more smoothly, she hopes.

Then there is food and drink and more drink and storytelling and celebration and still more drink. Unfortunately for Andra, the booze doesn't seem to be hitting her the way it used to, but that's no reason not to try, right?

Later, when the people of Coltain have gone to bed, Andra finds herself wandering the streets, pensively. Shrugged off magic, killed a sea serpent, apparently doesn't have to breathe anymore, hardly sleeping... she pokes her arm a few times to make sure she still feels human. Something is changing, and damned if she knows what. Why her? Why not someone else, someone more deserving? Maybe... she flashes back to the naval combat, the assault on the pirate fleet where she led so many good young men and women to their deaths. Maybe it's penance, somehow. Or maybe it's something else... she just doesn't know. She's no scholar, no magician, no one wise in the ways of fate.

Maybe that's what she needs.

As the sun comes back up, Andra is still wandering the street, looking to see if there are sages or scholars or someone smart that she can consult with.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Kovar - Over-Sellos

"If that's what you desire." Kovar could feel that it would be difficult to finish the changes that had not occurred to Jusep, at least until the current ones set in and stabilized. With that knowledge in mind he decided to transform Barbara as well. After all despite local feelings, he had grown up around woman soldiers and commanded more than a few in his day. Unlike Taelos, there was no taboo against female soldiers on Mirn where the only real legally or culturally enforced distinction was between commoners and nobles.

"I will make you his equal so that you may better reach your maximum potential." So, he reached within himself and attempted to fan the flame that lay within Barbara. Just as Burd, he would make her into the best soldier he could, and if it helped the traits breed true should she and Jusep decide to settle down, well all the better.

Trying to do to Barbara what Kovar managed to do to Burd, transform her into super-soldier, aiming to get her to a similar height to Jusep to make things easier for them.

Strength[+2] - To help her grow and become stronger/more hardy.

Divine Strategy[+2] - To help give her a soldier's instincts and the discipline to survive in battle.

Cacto
Jan 29, 2009
Edo, Imperial University, Eosia

The entire sum of human knowledge about magic tears through Edo's mind as he restores Ajikan's power; it's only by luck that he manages to halt the flow without passing it on to Ajikan too. The effect on Edo, however, is enormous. His vision spins as his memory kicks into gear, suddenly 'remembering' spells for a thousand different purposes, triggered off everything he sees.

He knows that by moving his hand in a curious fashion he could cause the walls to tumble. He knows a hundred ways to kill the two magisters using only a few common household products. He knows that if he ate a green plant with red leaves he could transform into a tiger, although he does not know what a tiger is. He knows that dangerous creatures can be summoned with the right pleas, and some can be bound as servants. He knows how to cast healing magic, weak as it is, but even stranger, he knows that life can be restored to the dead if one has strong enough will. And he knows that the dead can be forced into eternal slavery with a sacrifice of blood.

All around him he sees spells and the potential for spells. The magisters glow softly, their clothes and jewelry studied with enchantments and the echoes of spells once-cast. He sees the echoes of their spells. But more than anything, he sees the rules of magic under which they are yoked; an entire society of mages defined by what they don't do. There is no stigma of blood magic or summoning on these men, and the cruelties they inflicted with magic are balanced by the good.

Edo staggers, overwhelmed, falling to his knees and then sitting on the ground, his eyes closed. When at last the torrent of knowledge subsides and he feels once more at peace, he opens his eyes to see the world anew.

He no longer sees all that is possible; the magic that entered him has shaped itself to his mind, and there is merely a subtle glow to magical potential that responds to his focus, rather than clamouring for his attention. It sits alongside the vision brought by his lifecarving, more of an addition rather than a replacement.

"That was very strange," Edo says to the two magisters. "That didn't work as I expected. I think I took in magic from you, Magister Ajikan, even as I gave it back. I feel like for just a moment I knew everything there was to know about magic. Now that's passed, but... maybe I should just show you."

Edo mutters a few words in a language he does not know and a chair flings itself against the walls, shattering into pieces. Then he mutters a few more words in yet another language, and a chair leg bursts into flames. He extinguishes it with a gesture.

"Do you know why it might have happened?" And then Edo remembers why he's there. "Have I passed the test?"

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Civar Kit'An (Arandia, Harvan, north road)

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Andra (Arandia, Coltain)
... looking to see if there are sages or scholars or someone smart that she can consult with.
I woke up to a bueautiful blue morning and a persistent sneeze. *Achoo* The memory of Aideen, comfortably telling stories to the kids brought a smile to my face, though. She seemed to be *achoo* recovering well. Someone must be thinking about me, that was the only explanation for my *achoo* sneeze. It certainly had nothing to do with the copious quantities of *achoo* merrymaking last night.

I would have like to stay and travel with the Tia'Cha for awhile, but I could not forgot that sense of chaos to the North. I worried at it in every spare moment like a loose tooth and I knew I would have no peace until it had been dealt with. As we headed back to meet up with Eisner (Ilvis) I realized that I hadn't yet made anything for Aideen, even though she'd helped make my new forge hammer.

I began collecting components as we travelled and binding them into a web, followiing my new instinct for Order to merge each to each as a greater whole. The outer rim was formed from a scrap of nail that had fallen off a Tia'Cha wagon-house. Quickly hammered into shape by a few taps of my hammer. A bit of thistle fluff from the riverside was added to the sound of a butterfly's flight and formed the keythreads on which the others hung. Spider's silk, decorated by bits of ivory scale I had left over from making a loving father's belt knife formed the rest. As I was almost finished I spotted two brilliant blue feathers dropped from a bluejay beside the road and hung from the hook because they took my fancy. Finally, I pricked my finger and dripped a tiny drop of my blood onto it, to bring it lasting potency and make it easier to channel my sense of order into the delicate traceries.

Making Aideen a Dream catcher, divine action
D: Order +2 - to bring her dreams a sense of order and relaxation
Tinker's Treasure (my magic hammer) + ?
Poor -2 it's made out of things on the side of the road
I think it might make her dreams more orderly and relaxing. Since I'm using my hammer as well, it might also enhance her talent for prophecy (truth) over time. Or whatever.

If I can move at the same time as taking an action, not related to traveling, I'd like to start heading for Eosia. It would be awesome if this took us through the mountains. If I can't, that's fine. Either way, I think Puppies on his metal horse will be able to catch up to me and my mule cart.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Ilvis (Arandia, Harvan Duchy)

The conversation with Aideen still fresh in my mind, I sigh in frustration and give the coin another tug. Nope, still stuck. (chat with Aideen below if you're interested)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16QWPYMCfvVuD0dWpWcpuqeJ9XUNCLffXy8I1FLfZAT4/edit?pli=1

"Oh come on! Damned thing is stuck."

Climbing aboard the mechanical horse, I steady it as best as I can as it hobbles awkwardly around the yard apparently expressing displeasure.

"Whoa there, whoa now. Have to see about actually giving you a name some point, can't just call you 'Hey you' all the time now can I? And for that matter just how the hell is it that you even have moods and expressions in the first place? Well enough I suppose that Civar went the extra mile and gave you eyebrows I suppose."

Once it settles down I begin the careful, deliberate, and careful process of prying the coin out with the point of my sword.

"Come on you bastard, get out of there. I know I saw a slot around here and a clever fellow like Civar probably doesn't do things by halves. See if I can do this without losing a finger or two..."

Brushing my fingers against the coin, I reach out with my mind in the hopes that Civar is still out there and listening.

Civar? Are you out there Civar? I kind of feel like an idiot to say this, but I thought I saw a slot for one of those coin things on the back of the mechanical horse, and now it seems to be just a bit stuck. There isn't a release switch or catch I should be using is there?

Yeah I got nothing to really throw here afaik, I guess I could try the following to try and get the coin out and if that works push it back into place again. Maybe I can call Civar for advice via the communication ability and have him talk me through it?

+2 Sacred Sword: Really just gotta use the tip here to slide under there and push it out. Try be careful and not cut my drat thumb off or something.
+4 Martial Training: Well, part of a soldier's life (as Dad tells it) is the part that comes after y'know with the drinking and the singing and so forth. There's also the looting and burying your dead and Dad and his pals did have a couple recommendations to make on how to get shiny bits of thing out of other things.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Octagon - Val Aman, Val Setin

Octagon makes a note of this alchemist's name, and shop. He'll have to return here another time, to refil his private stocks. He pays the man for the poison and the pair of antidotes, including a little extra in order to ensure a healthy business relationship. He's not quite sure what to make of the Spider Noble's request, but it's probably best he waits until he's somewhere less public. It wouldn't do to suffer a siezure or black out in the middle of the street.

But first, he had some things to take care of. Primarily, the first thing any good spy does when he arrives in a new city; establish contacts. Nothing a bit of listening and glad-handing shouldn't take care of.

Once that is over and done with, he procures a reasonably price but quite private room at the local inn, with no questions. Once he's alone with the spider noble, he pulls from his satchel the Recluse Venom antidote. Unstoppering the vial, and inhales the bitter scent and makes a face. "I'd ask you what you intend, but I suspect I would only be annoyed by your coy non-answer. And you'd bite me anyway." He gives the spider a look. He can already anticipate her wry response. Smart-rear end.

He swallows the contents of the vial in one sip, grimacing. "Why do the antidotes always taste awful?"

Using Discretion [+4] and Espionage [+4] to establish some contacts within Val Setin; people whom he can turn to for information on the cheap, or who are willing to look the other way for coin, whichever direction that may be.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 22, 2013

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Civar Kit'An (Arandia, Harvan, north road)

Puppies are dicks posted:

Ilvis (Arandia, Harvan Duchy)

Civar? Are you out there Civar? I kind of feel like an idiot to say this, but I thought I saw a slot for one of those coin things on the back of the mechanical horse, and now it seems to be just a bit stuck. There isn't a release switch or catch I should be using is there?

"You did what? Oh, wow, that's awesome. Have you tried pulling it out? Uh, huh, well I know how much you big strong knights love swinging your swords around, but I suggest you try that before unsheathing your sword. I'm honestly not even sure if the horse can be cut by swords. You might want to apologize to him first too. You saw what he did to that other knight. Have you named him yet?"

Still making the dreamcatcher, as per above

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Mazir- Elysian Sands

Mazir was pleased with his new power, and the new found devotion of his new flock. Such fear and submission brought joy to him, and it only magnified when he began to manipulate the sands to his whims. As he sat on hi throne, he thought and was silent for several minutes. Finally he stood, and let his throne dissolve behind him.

My new followers he said You have chosen to embrace a new path, but we are still surrounded, this city needs also to submit to my rule and power, its people kneeling to my. Only then can we plan on moving out into the rest of Elysia. Gather your arms, for this night is not yet over, when the sun rises, this city will have a new order! Report to my lieutenants, and they will coordinate what positions for you to go to, while our foes sleep, we will march and we will be victorious. Once we receive this bounty, those of you who perform the best will be rewarded! Perform your duty to the best of your ability and all will be well! Try and sabotage this effort, and I will feast upon your soul!!!

We're taking over the town!

[+2 Charisma] I'm firing up my new followers with a speech, they may fear me, but hopefully I can give them a bit of a moral boost.

[+4 Intelligence] Planing out with my lieutenant when to go and how to best seize control. Utilizing their skills and the other skills of our news followers as best as we can.

[+4 Magic] I'll be using my magical attacks to help the coup wherever my people need it to.

+2 Divine Sands Using my new found powers of controlling the sands, I'll use the very element of Elysia to help take over this city[/b]

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus (Eosia, Eisos)

Beltheus nods, and says to the bartender, "If you find someone, send him to me. I'll be speaking to my friend here.", and he gestures to the man he's singled out. "Be so good as to buy him a drink, please."

Drink in hand, he goes to the two men, and focuses on the larger. "Friend", he says, his voice honey, "I have a deal that may be of interest to you, if we could speak. . .privately?" He smiles, and the smile is like ice, brittle and cold. "I think you'll find it's in your interest to agree." The words have a hint of threat, but nothing overt.

<Man> "What sort of interest?" The man replies and you suddenly notice there are daggers visible you couldn't see a moment ago. He's not holding them or anything, but you're now aware that they're there.
<Beltheus> "Something that can give you power over others, wealth, if you want it, luxury. Something you'll miss out on if you try to use those weapons you're holding."
<Man> "I'm not *holding* anything stranger." He says with a straight face, bringing his hands up. Given the way he does though you get the impression he could grab the daggers in a flash should he need to.
<Beltheus> Beltheus smiles. "Of course not. But let me ask you. What do you want? If you could have anything, what would it be?"
<Man> "For people to stop asking me stupid questions." He says bluntly in response. "What's your game stranger? What do you really want?"
<Beltheus> "If you wish to be direct, we can be direct. My name is Beltheus. I find myself in a new position, one of importance, and I need an assistant. I think you may be suitable. Are you interested? I can make it worth your while."
<Man> "Fine, how much are you paying me and what am I doing?" The man seems to think you're hiring him for something illegal. Not too far from the truth in a way.
<Beltheus> "You will recruit for me. You'll find individuals willing to swear loyalty to me. Individuals who don't let their sense of ethics get in the way of doing what they have to do. In the event that I require them for something, I will communicate with you and you with them. You will speak for me. Your word will be mine. As to what you get, you get their service when I am not using it, you get the power to decide their fates, and you get a piece of my power, as well as enough wealth to keep you more than comfortable. Is this satisfactory, or do you need more?"
<Man> "Is violence involved?" He asks matter of factly.
<Beltheus> "It may be. Is that a problem for you?"\
<Man> "No. I like violence." He says with a slight tightening of the lips that might be a smile, perhaps.
<Beltheus> "Good. Myself, I neither like nor dislike violence, but it can be useful. IF you like it, feel free to indulge. I have no objection to those who serve me having their own hobbies."
<Man> "Fine. Show me some real gold or whatever and you have a deal. I'm not gonna work without proof you can pay." He says bluntly.
<Beltheus> Beltheus takes out a single coin. "Here. You see that dice game in the corner? If I'm familiar with the rules, the best throw is triple ones, is it not? Put down a single coin and roll triple ones on a throw, you get fifty back? Take the coin and play. Let this show you that I can provide for you."
<Beltheus> (Using Demonic Duke to influence his throw so it comes up triple ones)
<Man> "A single coin? We're done." He says starting to turn away.
<Beltheus> "Fine. As I said, I admire your directness. But I'm not such an idiot to bring money here. IF you want it, you'll have to come with me."
<Man> "Okay. Try anything funny or betray me and I'll kill you." He says flatly.
<Beltheus> Beltheus takes him to his home.
<Beltheus> "If you will wait a moment, I will get your pay."
<Man> "I'm coming with you." He says without even asking for a reply.
<Beltheus> "Fine. But do not be alarmed by what you see."
<Beltheus> Beltheus calls the imp to him
<Man> The man seems surprised, but not alarmed.
<Man> "Didn't realise you were a wizard." He replies with a wary look.
<Man> "I can throw one of these before you finish a spell." He adds.
<Beltheus> He addresses the imp. "On the street of the artificers, by the broad palm tree, is the shop of Hekhet the jeweller. You will go into his shop, under the counter, where he keeps his stones, and take two rubies, and then bring them back here to me."
<Beltheus> "You shall do this without being detected"
<Man> The imp comes back about half an hour later, two sizeable rubies in each hand.
<Man> The creature gives them to you and backs away, grovelling piteously.
<Beltheus> "Good, now go out of my sight until I need you!"
<Beltheus> "Is this sufficient payment for now?", he asks the man.
<Man> "Well, you've proved you can pay I suppose." The man says with a shrug.
<Beltheus> "So your orders?"
<Beltheus> "Then let us begin. Swear your service to me, and I will give you what you need to carry out my instructions." He holds out his hand.
<Man> "Fine. I swear to serve you as long as you continue to pay me." The man says in a tone that clearly says he doesn't care about this one bit and will break his word if you stop paying him.
<Beltheus> "Two rubies a month?"
<Man> "I can pawn those off I guess." He agrees non-committaly.
<Beltheus> Beltheus summons his power. The oath was sworn, the contract agreed to. It is time. (Using Demonic Duke to bind him to me and transform him into a demon.)

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Wilhelm - Minburg

Little thoughts nag at the back of his mind as he ushers those that he regards as new family members on their way, and Wilhelm wonders whether these things are part of whatever has done this to him or if they are actually his own thoughts. How could a field know if the grasses there are naturally there or if a farmer has sewn seeds for his own purposes? Was there something of a higher power experimenting with him, and in turn making him perform experimentations of his own?

There was no way to know for sure and it certainly felt good, but at what price did this youth, vigor, and new insight come?

It was all terrifying to what used to be a man who had surrendered to his mortality long ago.

He needed time to think to himself, and so he left his family-folk to keep everything running in his stead.

Going to go explore the Gindarr Jungle. I guess Hivemind Usurper +2 would help me scout out quickly by being able to tap into the local fauna, and Insect Lord +2 comes with the ability to fly and bug senses.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Degowin - Northward

The Huntmaster spent the next several days assisting with village tasks by day, finding it felt good to be needed, and quizzing the Elders and Tanjan about magic and lore of the North. The Giant and Godsheap were already known to him, and the haunting song that now permeated the Cave. It was other magics of the North he was seeking, to subdue, ally, claim, or destroy.

When the Hunters returned he summoned Tanjan and had the villagers begin a fire. He then began a ritual intended to reverse the cold-resistant effects, and explain a new ritual that would return them during the first frosts next winter. Hot ashes were applied to the hunter's foreheads, they were brought close to the fire and allowed to adjust to the warmth...

Having Tanjan's ice magic and my Divine Cold +2 to alter the enchantment on the hunters to allow the cold-related effects to remain dormant until the winter returns. Basically hacking in a ritualistic on/off switch.

After talking with Hikaizer I guess I should add in Sound Control+2 to make this a repeatable ritual involving an invocation of my power, preferably by Tanjan or a successor thereof.

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 22, 2013

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Notice:

A number of players want and need to do some time-skip actions, so to avoid a massive headache on my part in a few updates I'm going to time skip. Make sure you've got something in mind for your character that will take some time, a month or two, and have that ready for when I give warning that the next post will be a time skip.

Red (Val Aman, Spinewood)

Red tried to cut the Wolf-ness out of them with her axe and succeed. Unfortunately she also cut the person-ness out as well and the Wolfman died.

Gurold is dead! The crazy woman cut him apart. What's going on shitshitshit gotta run faster-

The wolfpeople all whine in fear and then one by one change from wolf-people to looking like actual wolves. Then they run away faster than even your silverware can go. It seems you'll have to track them down later once they stop moving. Or send one of your loyal court members after them.

Failure. You're terrorising the poor wolfpeople.

Andra (Arandia, Coltain)

You visit a herbalist, who is somewhat awed by your visit and professes to be confused by your presence. You're healthy, remarkably so, so what could his remedies do for you? After Andra explains that she wishes to know if she is still human the herbalist pauses for a moment, before coming to a sudden realisation.

"The humours!" He cries and rushes to one of his books. "The body is balanced by a number of fluids, the humours are the fluids that dictate the balance. Hmm...bile is hard to test but I've got an elixir that will cause you to make phlegm and blood is easy to test."

Unsure about it, but wanting to know the truth the herbalist feeds you the potion. While you wait for it to have an effect the herbalist brings out a thin and sharp knife. "This will hurt a little, I apologise." He says, but Andra reassures him she can deal with a 'little bit of pain'. So he cuts Andra and you wait to see what happens.

What does happen is that no blood comes out, and Andra's body is filled with glittering star-like radiance. The herbalist utters a small profanity under his breath at the sight.

Now we know what the default blood of a +4 total character is!

Kovar (Taeless, Over-Sellos)

Fortunately Barbara does not sprout a glorious raven black beard. Unlike Burd, yourself and Jusep she seems to emphasise and increase her feminine attributes, while at the same time becoming stronger. As such the new Barbara has some very lovely curves and is well endowed in certain locations. Her frame is not wrought with the same large and defined musculature as the three men, instead remaining attractive but with a sense of solidity and strength that is more subtle.

Unfortunately she experiences exactly the same tragedy of clothing as the others and her glowing eyes narrow at Kovar dangerously. You get the impression that had you not helped engender a greater respect for authority into her that she probably would have slapped you then and there. As it is, Barbara blushes furiously and grabs the nearest sheet to cover her dignity. Then she drags Jusep off by the arm who sighs and says "it was nice knowing you boss" as he is dragged away.

Later you hear that their sparring match was very impressive, although no one will actually admit to watching. Jusep winces from time to time but seems very pleased about something the next day.

Success, your power enhances masculinity and femininity while granting extra strength so Barbara does not look look like a freak.

Edo (Eosia, Great University of Eisos)

Ajikan seems a little stunned at what happened. "Yes, I think I have learned some things as well." He says rather weakly and stands, with a little help from Katikos. "I should rather think so Lord Edo, although I do think it shall take some time to convince the other Magisters of what has transpired.

Lord Edo? You weren't a lord but before you can finish telling Ajikan how wrong he is, he cuts you off. "Only God...or a God, can do what you have just done. No mortal art can still or breathe life to the gift, we can only trap it. It might not please the priests, but if you are not a God then you are close enough that the difference does not matter."

Civar (Arandia, near the Order's Keep)

Aideen seems somewhat surprised when you present to her the dream-catcher and explain its purpose. Surprised and quietly grateful, for her dreams have often been difficult and painful for her. "It is a very considerate gift Civar. I have spoken to the women here, and we have agreed. I will travel with you longer, assisting you in whatever it is you do. It seems I am bound to your destiny somehow, so although there is a place for me among the Tia'Cha I shall wait until I claim it. I hope this does not trouble you." She says softly as she considers the strange device. She strokes part of it and it seems to almost thrum with a soft power, and she smiles a little and places it among her meagre belongings.

"We have been given a horse and a wagon to make our travels a bit easier." She says, gesturing to the gifts from your people.

Success, also you're given a vardo to sleep in and horse to pull it. Mostly for Aideen's comfort than for yours.

Ilvis (Arandia, the Order's Keep)

As you try to pry it out, the horse seems to bend forward slightly loosening the coin a little. You pry it out and hold the mangled piece of metal in your hand. It still seems to be active, despite all appearances, a mark of the workmanship.

Success.

The 'kiss' is, as expected a bite by the spider. There's a slight tingling as the venom enters your blood, but the antidote seems to counteract it. The merchant sort of stares at you as if you are insane and then coughs politely, hoping you'll leave the store. For the rest of the day Octagon searches for contacts and makes a few networks, some good groundwork but nothing concrete as of yet. As the evening passes however you begin to feel a little ill and go to your room at the barely reputable inn you're staying at.

When Octagon wakes up he notes two things immediately. He is firstly, upside down and likely on the roof unless someone has somehow glued all the furniture in the room onto the ceiling. Secondly he is in a gigantic spider web. Panic runs coldly through him for a moment as he realises he suddenly has six more limbs than he used to and his legs seem to have become a large abdomen. There are also two roughly human shaped cocoons stuck to the web. Additional realisations immediately follow. This is not your in room. There is a double bed. You are some kind of horrific cross of a spider and a man. There's another spider-man thing on the web with you (that seems to take up essentially the entire room).

"Well, this is all rather surprising isn't it? You have quite the appetite though." The spider noble, or whatever she is now says with a small laugh, then marvels at one of her new hands.

Success. Additionally a number of things happen to Octagon. Spider-Whisperer [+2] becomes Spider Lord [+2], Octagon gains the Divine Trait Toxins [+2], the Quirk Monstrous [+0] and finally, his drawback changes to Man Eater [-2]

Mazir (Elysian Sands, Elysia)

Your newly converted followers seem to fight with extra zeal and desperation, capturing a great deal of the town. Most of the resistance is slain in the first night of fighting, with Hartun, Zel and yourself managing the influx of souls. Each time one of your followers slays someone their mark glows brightly for a moment and a small change seems to come over them.

Eventually though you and your forces trap the last remnants of resistance in a series of caves and they surrender, begging mercy in exchange for their service and obedience.

Success. You can rename Elysia and the Sands now if you want, given you have essentially control over it.

However you're using too many traits. If you use one of your Divine Traits, you can only use either:

Other Divine Traits,
or One other Mortal Trait

I've been choosing the most appropriate one so far, but I've warned other people about this and soon I'll apply downshifts to actions where I need to pick the right trait. You've done well so far, but not so well you could afford that penalty. If you've got any questions about this ask in the OOC thread, PM me or ask me over IRC.

Beltheus (Eosia, Eisos)

The man was quite shocked when Beltheus revealed his full demonic glory to him, although he did have enough wits to try and attack you which was, while disrespectful, probably going to be useful when you converted him. Fortunately his attack lands him within easy range and you grasp him with your hands, binding him with your fell magic. As he struggles against the ephemeral and intractable shackles binding him you carve a demonic symbol into his chest with your fingers. Had he not been gagged by your magic his screaming would have attracted the neighbours as well. You finish the whole affair by reaching into his body and tearing out his heart, and soul, with your hand. He bleeds extremely profusely for a moment, before the flames of hell claim his body.

His soul tastes of murder and other violence, a dark and murky sensation filled with a haze of anger and contempt. It gives you power, yet you will need to return it, in a way, to the man and so channel your power through it. The already blackened thing is excised of all that was good and merciful in it. Then you plunge it back into the man who contorts in an obscene manner, as your power and his soul transform his body to match his now twisted mind. His body is a dull black and the tough leathery skin is cracked, leaving the violent crimson rage contained within him to bleed through a little to infect those around him. An extra pair of arms erupt out of his back as his entire frame bulges from increased strength and size. Twin horns and terrible teeth adorn his head, while his feet have changed into cloven hooves of hellish brimstone.

His voice rages like a fire as he speaks. "I am reborn my Lord Beltheus. I, Arhuon, Lord of Wrath and Bloody Murder pledge my loyalty and service to you." He looks at the rubies near to him, and picks them up. They seem to blacken and begin to melt, such that a gemstone can, in his hands and he roars a terrible laugh and eats the filthy liquid gem. "Such pathetic trinkets mean little to me. Blood and skulls are all I care for now. I shall assemble an army of servants in your name, and prove that I alone am most worthy of your power and glory!"

You begin to consider it might simply be easier to burn down your house than to clean it at this rate, given that hell is not particularly kind to the furnishing and decour.

Success, you're created your first lieutenant. He'll gather some servants and souls on his own, unless you give him more direct orders. As you gain power he'll gain power as well, like all your servants, but you can elevate him higher than others should you wish once you have more lieutenants. Hell has a rather competitive and mobile hierarchy after all.

Also since you didn't provide a name, he named himself.

Wilhelm (Arandia, Minburg)

You loose yourself in the jungle, learning about its insect ecosystems and bringing some under your control. New to you are beetles who are more useful in moving large things around, or larger than ants can easily manage anyway. Make them larger and they could be very good beasts of burden you suppose. There are silk moths as well, which could help you provide clothing for the town. Both are more difficult to control, due to their individuality and lack of a collective mind. Aside from these Wilhelm also discovers a number of colonies of ants, a different species of ants which has an acidic bite that 'burns' and multiple hives of bees and wasps.

As Wilhelm brings a number of his new converts and specimens home he begins to hear a multitude of voices in his mind. Many more than before. In fact you realise it's been quite a few days since you left. The town welcomes you back in your mind and you suddenly realise that most of the remaining people in the town have changed as well in the tendays of your absence. Those left seem to be waiting for their transformations as well. Your farms are now much greater and more productive than before at least, with the new helping hands and guidance of the now transformed townsfolk.

Success, you discover most of the species in the jungle, although you can't control all of them easily yet. In addition, like Adam most of your town has converted to your followers now.

Degowin (Frozen Wilds, Northward)

Other towns had other magicks, and while some little of it was known to the wisemen of Northward they could not answer in any great detail. One town on the coast, Whiteshore, specialised in water magicks and controlling the creatures of the sea. Greyrthon further north was known for its keen hunting hounds, which were almost pure wolf and controlled by its hunters through shamanic magic. Their focus was limited though, compared to Tanjan even before his elevation to Degowin's disciple.

The ritual they devised however was simple, invoking Degowin and requesting that he lend them his aid. It worked on those who had yet to receive it, and deactivated it on those who had received it already. As it was the middle of winter and the days and nights were cold and prone to frost, none of the town were really want to decline the boon.

Degowin also feels a strange tug when they ask, and are granted either by him or Tanjan the blessing. He can also hear a small whispering voice, the words of the person asking for his blessing. In a few days the hunters return again with a respectable bounty of meat for the village. Strangely though, none are eager for fire to cook it and simply eat the meat raw.

Success. You have created a ritual that can be invoked to give your followers a small blessing and also discovered the beginnings of prayer. Also, your people develop a taste for raw flesh while it is active. Partly because of Degowin's own nature there, but also because fire is unpleasantly hot with his blessing.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Andra (Arandia, Coltain)

"Okay." Andra stares at the glittering radiance for a few moments. "That ain't exactly fuckin' normal, now is it?"

So. That answers the 'am I still human anymore' question pretty damned succinctly. Andra is pretty sure that, nope, she's not. What she is is another thing entirely. She reaches out, taking the small knife from the herbalist - betting he's still too shocked to actually try and stop her - and promptly starts cutting away the skin of her left pinkie finger.

See, if the glowy poo poo stays finger-shaped, then clearly she's a glowy-energy-being wearing a person's skin, whereas if it all falls out then, well, gently caress it, she'll call herself Andra Ninefingers from now on.

One thing's for sure, she's doing away with the armor. It only protects internal organs that seem not to be there anymore, so gently caress it, it's uncomfortable.

Yeah. Not really a dice action so much as the beginnings of a psychotic break that will probably traumatize this poor herbalist guy for the rest of his life, but still.

Roara
Nov 14, 2012
Red (Val Aman, Spinewood)

Red stared blankly at the wolfmen as they turned into wolves and ran away. After a few moments, she managed to comment on it, only saying, "Well, that was unusual!" She wondered if she ought to do something about wolfmen running free, or, frankly, about the one that didn't get away.

She also felt a little bit of regret. These clearly weren't the wolves she was after - the wolves she was after were after her as well. This pack wanted nothing to do with her, and ran away when she got near. They didn't exactly deserve to be slaughtered. However, even though she felt regretful, the thought of apologizing to the wolfmen was... not pleasant.

The mad godling looked around for a lieutenant. If she was leading an army, she had to have one of those, right? Someone who would always complement her thoughts. Someone who could turn to her for leadership, but someone who she could always turn to for advice, as well.

Also, ideally, someone who could explain what was going on. She was still certain this was a dream, but nothing was working out how it ought to in a normal dream!

D: Phantasms +2 (Creating a wise and useful lieutenant)

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
Lilian - The great seas

She closed her eyes as she thought about what was said. She could go home yes, and she could be captured..and with what the lady had said there were more like her.. "Nay I think I shall remain then, there is a risk that I could get attacked at home, and that would be putting my family in danger." she'd rock her body from side to side as her thoughts kept processing. "Someone who may know how to better control their powers then I, no less.. Okay, I've decided, I'll stay until I can fully control mine."

Standing up from her bed she'd place her finger on nose in thought "Did you happen to claim a sword that belonged to me, before I was brought to the arena? It was quite important..also where are my manners" she'd flash a small smile as she fluidly performed a graceful curtsy "Lilian Grandpré, nice to meet you. We're on the ocean right? Would you like me to demonstrate my gift a bit?"

Cacto
Jan 29, 2009
Edo (Eosia, Great University of Eisos)

Magister Ajikan's assertion that Edo's powers makes him a god makes Edo uncomfortable; one of the reasons the people of Blackwater were enslaved so freely was because they didn't worship Valamnis. Although they were now nominally part of the official faith, the people of Blackwater approached Valamnis with the same attitude of untrusting appeasement they did the empire more generally. The original gods of his people were long forgotten, existing only as tales and sayings unmoored from context. Facing the church after only just fighting with the magisters didn't strike Edo as a good time.

Edo stands and begins to pace. "Has something like this ever happened before? I don't know what to do - I don't live in the sky or anything, how could I be a god?"

As he sits there, feeling thoroughly sorry for himself, Edo focuses his mind on his newfound understanding of magic, seeking clues for an alternative explanation. Perhaps there was some other way his powers could have come about, some kind of spell not even Ajikan knows.

Using Divine Magic +2 to search for any rituals, spells or magical artefacts that can harness or provide divine or divine-like powers.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
Adam and Kovar - Under- Sellos

quote:

Kovar: Once he had finished with Jusep and Barbara, one of his trainees quickly seeks him out to inform him that Adam had returned from some sort of scouting expedition. Realizing that he needed to confer with the dwarf and share the results of his discovery, Kovar heads down into the cavern.

Kovar: The general walks into the hovel he had been to before, though now he is nearly seven feet tall and rippling with muscle not to mention his eyes were now glowing pools of light, and in the sudden rush of events he had forgotten he was wearing not but a hastily fashioned loin-cloth.

Adam: Adam, as nature would have it, has his back turned to the entryway, eyes poring over a crudely drawn map of the so far discovered Under-Sellos. He scratched his head in confusion as to why people were whispering Kovar's name, and called out. "Oh hey. Hope everything is going well with you and Barbara. What did you do to her anyway, all of the dwarves seem to be quite excited to see you today."

Kovar: "Some of that might be explained if you turned around."

***Kovar’s voice is even deeper and more commanding than it was before, but it is still distinctly his voice.

Adam: "Why would I need to turn aROOOOOOOOOOOH STONE BALLS!" He stumbles, tripping over his feet, and falls into the table, cleaving it neatly in two as he slides away from it into the wall out of instinct.

***Kovar gives a deep laugh. "Yes, it appears you're not the only one experiencing physical changes anymore."

Adam: "What in the blazes of earth happened to you! Are you... are you in there?"

***Kovar looks to find a seat, but most are sized for dwarfs and would be awkward for a normal sized man, much less someone the size that Kovar is now. "I am indeed, I'm stronger for the change as well."

Adam: "Exactly..." he starts, rising slowly. "Exactly what is it that you have done to yourself. Have I infected you too? Or is this something new?"

Kovar: "I had a theory, but it turns out it was incomplete. Also, do you have any sort of chair or stool that I could sit in without breaking it?"

Adam: "Uh... I only just refitted the the place.. You can try sitting on the stove if you like. It's not on."

***Kovar attempts to sit on the stove which groans slightly under his weight, but seems to hold. "Well. I think you could already guess the beginning of my Hypothesis, namely that we change those who follow us, as you so amply demonstrated with Under-Sellos."

Adam: He starts to speak, then his face turns a rather beet red, and he turns his head away, coughing. "Ah... well.. That's... Ahem. Wait... that still doesn't explain why you're now a walking giant of a man."

Kovar: "Ah yes, well it turns out it's a two way street. Just as we change them, when they follow us they change and empower us as well."

Adam: "Ah." He says, still looking away. "But.. that's a wee bit risky. Doesn't that mean that we should pick our follower..." he coughed a little, the words leaving a dry taste in his mouth. "Followers... carefully? What about other beings like us? What about each other? This is bloody confusing."

Kovar: "Well, I'm not sure where Thanadroin falls on this, but we have no way to test what happens when one of us follows another. As a side note, we really need to pick some sort of word for whatever we've become. As to the specifics of what happened to me, I wanted to see if the change done to the others could be controlled and shaped. I assume you know Burd?"

Adam: "The Brane's boy? The lad with the dodgy ankle? Aye. I remember him well. Strange eyes that one. Couldn't lift an axe ta save his life but he'd bloody die trying. Why do you as...... oh. You changed him didn't ya?"

Kovar: "The townsfolk have spirit, but there are too few of them and there are some things you can normally only learn by fighting and dying. In order to try and minimize casualties the townsfolk would need to not just be soldiers, but the finest soldiers to ever walk the earth. Burd was falling behind and so he agreed to try and experimental training program."

Kovar: "Let's just say that at this moment he looks at lot like me, and is probably the best soldier on the planet.

Adam: "Well.. I'll be. You gone and created an... an..." with his head still turned away from Kovar, he scratched his ginger beard, playfully plaiting a knot. "A.. something. Got's a word in ma hed... Cannae get it out... Ah. Probably nothing. So what are ye go'in do naeow?"

Kovar: "Well, I'll continue training the townsfolk there are quite a few volunteers to be changed as Burd was, but it remains to be seen whether the rest will alter naturally as when the miners became dwarfs. Then, it'll be time to try and get the other towns to swear fealty in exchange for protection. With my current appearance I think they'll be more ready to believe that the old powers won't hold forever."

Adam: He turns for a second, a protest on his lips again, then sharply looks away. "AAAAh.. Ahem.. Hang on a moment. You're making it sound more like they need protection as a threat. We still have not heard of anything like other people like us anywhere. No reason to think it has started now."

Kovar: "You felt the tear in the west, do you think the old kingdoms will even know of it much less be able to stop it?"

Adam: "I... We... We don't know what that is yet. And as far as I've noticed. We haven't made any effort to find out. Maybe that's what we need to do. We need to actively go find these 'others' that you keep banging on about."

Kovar: "We also need to be careful. We're not exactly inconspicuous you and I. What happens when some Taelossian noble sees the change you cause as a disease to be burned out or me as a mule to make him better soldiers? I agree it would be worthwhile to seek out others, but going ourselves is far too dangerous."

Adam: "Well... my idea of selling our wares is still in place. I want to invite anyone willing to learn to come and learn from me, as you are offering people protection from whatever other forces are out there. But, truth be told, Sellos is a small place, and for the Ore in my body I am no city builder, much less a leader. I mean, I've only just about managed to room everyone comfortably now. I...don't know how to make it any better than it already is!"

***Kovar sighs. "You know I'll be happy to help you in any way I can..." he pauses for a second, "Why won't you look at me?"

Adam: "NO REASON! NONE AT ALL! NOTHING!"

Kovar: "Then look at me!"

Adam: "I.. I..." He bites his lip, then mutters, "Only if you put something a little bit more than a loin cloth on... please.."

***Kovar looks baffled for a second. "Oh. Is that all? I'll never get used to the prudishness of Taelos. Anyhow, for the moment that's a tad difficult seeing as how they don't make clothes big enough for me."

Adam: He sheepishly points to one of his aprons on the side. "Tie two of those together. Wrap it around yourself, and really, don't bother returning them. We need to make you something to wear."

Kovar: "I do have to ask why seeing me like this has you so uncomfortable? I mean, it's nothing you haven't seen in a mirror more or less." Kovar asks as he rummages for the aprons.

Adam: "Aye... you're right. But I'd rather not have people waving it about in my hovel like they own the place! Besides." He seemed to shrink a little on the inside, "you're forgetting that less than a moon and a strange fiery sky ago, I was a shut in that didn't want to leave his bed in fear of what the neighbours think. Some things never change. Now..." He says, glancing from his side. "I need...to start spreading the word of Sellos to all that will listen, and you need an army. Also, I need someone good at building... under... ground... somehow."

Kovar: "Calm down. Try one of the exercises I taught you when we started our mutual training."

Adam: He closed his eyes, his mind already wondering to his old smithy - now with Extra Thadorin - and silently watching the fires light up... "Calm... Smooth. Fire. Metal."

Kovar: "Good. Now let go of all the tension all the worry knotted up inside, let it out with a deep exhale, and we can talk about what we need to do."

Adam: "Aye. Talk. Need. I... I am here."

***Kovar sat down once more. "So, what do you need from me?"

Adam: His eyes slowly opened, now slightly glazed over. "Focus... a plan... an idea... a structure. I need to learn how to plan out an underground city. And I need people in it. But I don't know how to go about that"

Adam: "What do you need from me, Kovar?"

Kovar: "I need weapons, armor, supplies, but most of all I need your support. We are something new, and we need to stick together through thick and thin."

Adam: "If ye ask, I can provide. Way I see it... We can't fail if we work together, aye?" From his glazed state, he smiled, extending a short hand. "I don't think we actually shook on this yet lad, so why don't we make it official. Partners? Buddies? Brothers?"

Adam: "You, Me, And Thadroin against the world eh?"

***Kovar looks pensive for a moment, "There's a tradition where I come from, a way for us to be brothers in more than just name, if you're willing?"

Adam: He looks over, and takes a breath.. "Aye... but not just us. If you want to take it that far, then Thadroin becomes one of us."

Kovar: "If you insist, but make sure he knows that this would be a sacred oath, there is none more important to a Mirnian."

Adam: "Aye. I will. But I think... I think you two should talk it out some."

Adam: "Have ye spoken ta him since the incident with the chisel?"

Kovar: "I spoke with him for a time after you left, but not since then. As you might imagine I've been busy."

Adam: "Aye.. aye.. well have a word or two. He's one hell of a lad. Wouldn't have gotten this far without him. Also.. are you going to leave my hand just hanging here, or are ya gonna shake it with them club palms of yours?"

***Kovar grabs the dwarf's hand in a firm grip, his larger hand entirely swallowing up Adam's smaller one. "Indeed. Now why don't we talk about city building. I think I might be able to help."

Adam: "Aye. come. I'll show you around the place. Give you a feel of what I've discovered. I need ta figure out how to draw up some long term plan fer it."

Kovar: "I think my power will be able to help there. Also, we need to find more time for our training. You're doing well enough with a wooden ax that once you learn to relax a bit deeper it'll be time for a real one."

Adam: He figeted, as he led the larger man through Under-Sellos, nodding in greeting to passersby. "Aye, that might be true, but real weapons are sharp, pointy, and liable to cut my beard off if I wield it wrongly

Adam: Can't we just stick with wood for a little while longer?"

Kovar: "For a short while yes, but you need to trust me more. I wouldn't let you handle a real weapon unless I thought you were ready. Plus, I think the training is good for you. You have a tendency to be... wound up tightly and learning how to let go of the worry and the stress is good for you."

Adam: "The bloody hell is that supposed to mean? I am the walking avatar of bloody peace and calm! You got a lot of nerve coming into our homes and giving us this Big Man speech!"

Kovar: "Breath deeply, exhale the anger and the tension." Kovar responds in the same calm tone he uses in training. "It's a two way street, I trust you to guide me on how to smith and to not give me tasks I'm not prepared for. You need to trust that I'd do the same for you. More than anything I want you to succeed, to be able to carry on this tradition that is so dear to me. Trust that when I say you're ready to train with a real ax, you're ready."

Adam: He grimaces, closes his eyes again. "Calm. Smooth. Metal. Fire. Be calm... I am calm.... Trust. Fine. But for now. Under-Sellos. What do you think?"

Kovar: "I think it has much potential. This city could become one of the wonders of the world, with time and effort."

Adam: "Aye.. but not without the resources, or the people... or a general plan. It's going to take me years at the very least.... longer than my own lifetime."

Kovar: "I also think that you already have most of the knowledge within you to make it that. It's also an open question how long you and I will live, it might be a year and it might be forever."

Adam: He scratched his head. "Well... I dunno. According to Thadroin.. we might have some control over that too. Heck, I'm not sure what part of this world we don't have control over. Being whatever the balls we are with no clue as to why isn't helping." He frowned, looking down the makeshift streets. "But At the very least, I want to make sure that my people are happy. If I focus whatever energy...I have on that, then I cannae go wrong, eh?"

Kovar: "A good start. What say I show you what I mean when I say I think you already know how to plan the city. If you've got something to draw with in your hovel we can start work right away."

Adam: "Well, I borrowed some chalk and a board from the Langs to draw with. We could use that..."

Kovar: As he leads Adam back to the hovel he explains. "Based on what you've told me about your change you have an intuitive understanding of the rock and stone. I think you'd know how to cut the city out if you were there in person, but we need to harness that intuitive knowledge consciously."

Kovar: "So I want to try and help you get into the same deep state you are in for training, so you can see the city in your mind and then draw it out on the chalk. If I'm right, as you do you'll be able to actively control your intuitive knowledge of the stone to make a basic outline that is structurally sound."

Adam: "Well... aye.. that sounds fair... but I'm not building a mine... I'm trying to make a plan for a city. Isn't that a wee bit different?"

Kovar: "That's where I can help, I'll try and guide you through the city to help shape it. However, I'll only be assisting. This is meant to be a dwarven city, and I think deep down you know what your people need to be happy."

***Kovar's trust in Adam is obvious.

Adam: "Aye... Aye... I... Calm, smooth. Metal. Fire... I will let you guide me. Just... well.. if we're going to do this... I'll need to do it on something a bit more stable." He enters his Hovel, grabbing a chisel and hammer, and moving to a smooth side of his wall. "I am no artist, but I can etch like the best of them. So I just follow your words, aye?"

Kovar: "Yep. Let me know when you're ready."

Adam: "Metal.... fire.... Ready."

Kovar: "You're in your forge, you safe and warm and relaxed. Not take a deep breath. In... 2... 3... when you exhale let out all your worry and tension and stress. Out... 2... 3..."

Kovar: "You're deeply relaxed, and ready to channel the part of you that knows the rock and stone like it was your own flesh. Can you feel it?"

Adam: "I can feel... I can feel last night's dinner at the back of my throat.. but... I can sense it... somewhere... I think.... It' part of me, but I don't know how strong it is. NEver.. reached for it... before.. I can feel it."

Kovar: "I want you to reach out for it, embrace it, channel it, guide it. Tell me when you are ready to use it."

Adam: He closed his eyes, and for a moment, there was nothing. Then, with a breath, he reached out a hand and touched the wall. It was like before, when Kovar had tried to show him how to sense his surroundings. Everything was there beneath him. The stone. The Earth. The land below. the mountain above. Thadroin. It was there. He couldn't maintain a strong grip on it, but Fel and Thadroin's memory was sowed into his own flesh, and it echoed in response. "Yes... yes I.. I think I can... not strong. But there..."

Kovar: "Now, see in your mind a city. A place for your people to live and grow, a feel the part of you that caused this change in you and the others, it knows what you need to thrive, use those feelings to draw the city in your minds eye. Do you see it?"

Adam: In his head, somewhere, a bustling metropolis came. Oh high strong, fortified structures. Of dwarves mining below, and protecting from above. Of His people, living in harmony. Of a place to call home. "Yes... I.. I believe I do..."

Kovar: "Now, let the image in your mind mingle the part of you that knows the stone, then let it flow through your hands, onto the wall."

Adam: "Wait..." he said... "Not yet... Send someone. Fetch Thadroin. If I pull this off, I want him to see it too."

There was something strange about this feeling, coursing through him. Besides the calm, strengthening peace he had come to reach from Kovar’s teachings, he had always understood that what Kovar taught him, and what he felt when he put on his ‘public speaking’ voice, were vastly different. Yet it had never occurred to him to try and call out for both at the same time. Yet here he was, in the home he created with his own two hands from stone. Surrounded by metal and ore and friends and family and the people who mattered to him.

It was strong stuff. It was potent. It was... good.

Somewhere inside him, he reached for his own core. The source of strength he had found himself accidentally calling for when he spoke to his people, only this time he attempted something new. The stone before him was strong and well built, and felt cool to the touch of his hand. He drew from this too, combining the feel of the stone before him, and the hardened core of his very being. A being of stone, asking stone to accept him.

He didn’t understand what he was showing nor how it was working, but he knew it was worth more than all the ale in Bravant.

Seeing Adam begin to etch, Kovar walks behind him and places a hand on his shoulder. The general focuses inwards to the fire within himself. He did not intend to transform Adam, rather he wished to use that flame to help light the way for the dwarf, to help make sure that this new city would not just be defensible on it’s own, but also have the potential to interlock with a surface city to become a nearly impregnable. In the final analysis though he was merely illuminating possibilities for Adam, the dwarf would have to decide whether or not to take them.

"You seem to have changed Kovar." Says Thadroin as he walks into the hovel, apparently unconcerned that Adam was furiously etching something onto a wall while in a deep trance.

Kovar is standing behind Adam, an arm on his shoulder concentrating, "I certainly have. Adam called you here, but he's a bit preoccupied at the moment."

“Aye. He and yeself be changin', an' a'growin' into ye powers."

"You sound as if you know what those are?" Kovar tries to hide the suspicious tone in his voice.

"Nay, I donnae ken where ye be goin', only that th' path ye walk be stretchin' afore ye longer than ye know."

"And for you?"

"I be bound to Adam's fate. As I said."

"Indeed, and soon perhaps to mine as well if Adam has his way." Kovar is silent for a moment as if deciding whether to continue. Finally he says, "Anyhow, he called you here because he wanted you to see this, but I think he would be even happier if you helped, do you think you can?"

"To plan a city? Nay, I donnae ken such a thing be in my power and wisdom. But to guide others, speak for 'im. These be things I can do."

"Even if it was merely symbolic, I know he would be grateful." Kovar is clearly a bit begrudging, but he knows that this is what Adam truly would want.

"If ye think so. It be no trouble for me t'remain here." Thadroin watches as Adam continues to single mindedly focus on his work.

Action: Alright. Reaching into my dwarven heritage of stone and mining and area, to create a planned and detailed map that would he could start working on as Under-Sellos starts to get bigger. Then the recruitment can begin. Oh yes.

Kovar:
Divine Strategy[+2] - To help illuminate the strategic possibilities for Adam in the design of the city.

Weaponsmaster[+2] - To help guide Adam into the trance where he is able to channel his dwarfy knowledge.

Adam
Dwarf (Divine) [+2] - Reaching into himself, he attempts to find the energy that would bring about this miraculous idea

Calm and composed +2 - Its hard work trying to keep yourself from losing your cool, or a good grip on a power you still don’t understand. Best thing to do is to hang on and soldier on like a pro.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus

"Excellent. Rise, Arhuon. Find others who will serve you and me", Beltheus laughs. "Together, we shall be a force like the world has never seen. We shall extend our reach throughout the universe and make the heavens themselves tremble! But be careful. Remember to wear a disguise if you enter into the world of men. Now is not yet the time to make the rest of the world aware of us."

He turns to the imp, cowering in a corner. "Clean this place up! It's getting disgusting." Then he goes over to his bookshelf and pulls down a world map. Laying it out on the desk, he puts his hands on it, trying to force his power through into the map, so that it can highlight the locations of other souls who might make good candidates for corruption...those individuals with a demon's heart. Because, he knows, like calls to like.

Trying to create a map that will show me where other candidates for demonhood are. Demonic Duke +2

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Octagon gets a look of blank shock as he stares at the scene that has unfolded before him. He looks between the Spider... Lady?, the bodies, the web, his own body, the Spider Lady again... By the end, he's clutching his own head with a wide-eyed stare one might expect to find on someone who has completely snapped. It takes him several minutes before he manages to form sentences again.

"How...? When? Did you? This...!"

But it's several minutes more before he manages to form anything resembling a clear and coherent question, as opposed to a sort of babbling.

"Ok... we need to... leave. As soon as it's dark. We can't... stay here. We take the bodies with us. We can't leave anything behind... where is my satchel?"

Octagon's body seems operate on instinct, prying one of the bodies from the wall and securing it to his abdomen with a bit of silk. The way this comes so naturally to him disturbs him on some level, but all he can think about is damage control. The webbing will have to stay, there's no cleaning all that up. Let them wonder where the tennants of this room disappeared to, if anyone bothers to care.

It's late into the evening by the time Octagon and his eight-legged companion emerge from the room, each one carrying a body on their backs. They'll find somewhere quiet to dump them, once they've... no. Musn't think about that. Safety is paramount. He needed to find somewhere dark. Somewhere secure...

I'm going to try to find somewhere Discrete [+4] suitable to hide out and establish a... lair? Nest? Sure. Somewhere a Spider Lord [+2] (on a budget) might live. Criteria include: Defensible, private, only occasionally trafficked. Perhaps there is an old Undercity beneath the slums, or smuggler's tunnels we can appropriate for ourselves.

For my own reference:

quote:

Octagon, the Spider Lord

I'll find a GOOD picture, just you wait.

Mundane:
Espionage [+4]
Discretion [+4]
Poisoning [+2]

Divine:
Spider Lord [+2]
Toxins [+2]

Foible:
Man-Eater [-2]

Quirks:
Monstrous [+0]

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Feb 26, 2013

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Civar Kit'An (Arandia, Harvan, north road, a wagon)

"I'm delighted that you'll be traveling with me for a while longer. You've been a huge help and the road ahead will only be getting rougher. I'm even more delighted that you've made friends with some of the Tia'Cha. They're some of the most generous people I've met, and I've met more than my share."

Aideen and I traveled North out of Harvan on the old war road. Eosian's being Eosian's, they'd built a massive and sturdy road straight from their capitol to Harvan when they attacked. Although this should have given the various Dukes, Warlords, Princes, and Oligarchs of Arandia years of advance warning, they were all too busy killing each other to pay much attention. When Harvan fell in a single bloody night and the others started realizing what was happening, it was already too late. Eosia was able to pour an incredible amount of supplies that kept their smaller number of well disciplined soldiers in top shape via their great road. Understandably, when the Dukes of Harvan resumed their control over the city, maintaining the war road was not something they were interested in. Nevertheless, the Eosian's knew how to build a road right, and although there were cracks showing along the edges, it was still wide enough for three wagons to travel side-by-side.

Heading north in search of ~adventure~ (and demons eventually). Maybe I'll find some trolls or a cruel and erratic count in need of a hammer enema to straighten him out. I like the idea of being a wandering god, so I think I'll try to continue by habit of only staying in one place for a few actions and then moving on to the next area.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Ilvis (Arandia, the Order's Keep)

"Oh come on Daveron, don't lag about! I swear you're worse than Lisbeth when it comes to packing for a trip and leaving on time. I mean honestly, what have you even got to bring exactly?"

Hefting the saddlebags on his horse experimentally, I roll my eyes at the completely unsurprising slosh.

"It's all booze anyway. It's not like we can't find any on the road. And enough with the special orders already, look I'll tell you what we can do-"

Spotting one of the non-oaf knights of the Order hanging about in the courtyard, I startle him amidst his morning wash with a hearty shout.

"Hoy! You still got your coin then? Hang on to it and stick around here so we have a line home just in case things turn wrong or something comes up. We'll stay in touch."

Climbing aboard the unicorn, I lock my sword into place alongside it's glistening sword-like horn and grin as it begins to glow.

"I might have a Ser Wilhelm and all right now, but to be honest with you I'm still worried as hell that my mum's right around the corner with some sharp questions having recognised this armour or my voice somehow. Staying on the move, wrongs to right, people to save, monsters to kill. That's what being a knight errant is all about isn't it?"

Watching the blazing light waxing and waning as the unicorn tosses its head, I give in to the hunch and nudge it along the general direction of the brightest light.

"Now I remember generally we're to meet up somewhere along the north road, but let's see where fate may take us eh?"

As I understand it, zombie246 is going to pack up on his own horse and we'll both generally head northwards after Civar in search of trouble along the way. If/when we hit the timeskip I'd like to use +2 Sacred Sword/+2 Justice to give that knight errantry thing a whack, go about slaying evil buggers and saving towns or so forth. For now though, could I maybe use the same to douse for Things That Need Smiting? I mean there's got to be evil bastards, maidens trapped at the bottom of wells, or villages under threat of uh... dire locusts along the way right?

As long as some of the Magic Coin enabled dudes are around we can stay in touch with the Paladin dudes and give orders from a great distance presumably, so I think we're good. I've still got mine in my pocket, and it's apparently operational despite being slightly mangled so there's that.

Zombie #246
Apr 26, 2003

Daveron (Arandia, the Order's Keep)

Daveron grumbles at those Paladins present, and simply offers, "If poo poo hits the fan, you know what to do." He claps one of the members on the back, "Follow your tenets well, and you'll all be rich."

He grabs his things, and heads with Ilvis. Along the way, he keeps and eye for opportunity.

Traveling with Ilvis. If bandits pop up (which random roads in the wilderness are sure to have), Daveron's going to +2 Bad Luck them and +2 Truth them into finding their stolen goods while seriously harming them at the same time (then presumably executing them in the name of the Order.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Degowin - Northward

Degowin had grown withdrawn. A slight surplus of food and the other changes had made the people cheerful. Sometimes they sang songs. Degowin left them to their own sickening cheerful displays and made himself a snow-lair some distance outside. After a few days, when Tanjan came to check in on him, Degowin announced his intent to go off into the wilderness for a time.

Going to wander further North. See what there is to see. Maybe using Master Hunter[+4] if only for travel through woodlands.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
OOC: Sorry for a lack of posting on my part, I've been super busy this past week with competitions, I'll have something up tonight or tomorrow.

oTHi
Feb 28, 2011

This post is brought to you by Molten Boron.
Nobody doesn't like Molten Boron!.
Lipstick Apathy
Aldrain (Eosia, Great Library of Eisos)

Aldrain wanders back to his quarters, still pondering the presence in the Archives. Thinking about its 'words', he flips through his books, looking for the word, or equivalent of 'transfer', and 'know'. Picking another book off the shelf, one that he had not had a chance to read, he slowly traces the rune for 'transfer' and 'know' over the cover, attempting to find points where the two runes could be linked together. As he traces, he concentrates on the contents of the book flowing through his body, seeping into his mind.
If I'm to spread knowledge, then I need to be its master first.

Using Sigilry +2 To draw the rune and channel the knowledge and Scholar +4 to comprehend the meaning, as Aldrain is very familiar with books and learning in general.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Andra (Arandia, Coltain)

The problem is that Andra has trouble doing a lot of damage to herself. The knife is designed to make small and sharp incisions and even then all Andra can do is tear the skin a little and try to pull it back. In the end she does not manage to cut her fingers off, nor does she cut away all the skin on her finger either. Instead the glowing light seems to bleed for a moment before beginning to evaporate into the air. Judging from the movement of the specks in the air before they disappear entirely, the herbalist seems to accidentally be breathing it in. On a brief inspection you notice he is looking a little strange and does not seem entirely...there, at the moment

Red is just considering what sort of person would be right to help her when she is tapped on the shoulder. She turns around and is surprised to see a human sized Rooster, standing in a pair of very nice boots. It is also wearing a nice belt admittedly and a fine leather jacket along with felt hat. The Rooster bows slowly and clears its throat a little. “You called for me, my lady?” He asks in a rich and intellectual sounding voice. Red is admittedly not sure exactly what it is that makes someone sound smart, but the Rooster has it. “If there’s some way I can help, please let me know post-haste.”

Success, you’ve made a lieutenant. The Rooster only knows what you know so far, but it’s able to put things together that you haven’t and is more consistently observant than Red is.

Lilian (The Great Sea)

The woman considers this for a moment. "We are still within range. If you know where you left it, and can describe it in detail we may be able to retrieve it. Such a thing is within our power and skill, although we quickly approach the edge of our range to do so. You may want to wait until after to demonstrate your powers over wind." She suggests prudently. You can't imagine you're too far from land then if you're still within range, their vessel most have been travelling down the river Tae, through Val Aman to the Great East Sea. If you're already at see then either you were asleep a long time, or they travelled very quickly. It seems you won't have long to ponder what to do at least.

Edo (Eosia, The Great University of Eisos)

Edo quickly searches through his sudden knowledge. He can't think of anything to tap into 'Divine power', in fact in magic you are not even sure such a thing has ever existed. As for his spoken question, Ajikan responds to that slowly, as though considering his reply even as he spoke.

"Who is to say? No one has ever seen a living God walk among men. The Emperor claims lineage to the Sun God of course, but, the Sun God has never walked upon the world either. I wonder if that strange phenomenon at the new year's eve had something to do with all of this.

I'm not going to tell you whether you succeeded or not on this check. This will be a general stance on plot relevant questions.

Adam & Kovar (Taeless, Under-Sellos)

What Adam creates is not really a map, so map as a very intricate and detailed model. Kovar has seen Adam work before, but mostly for practicality or in metal for axes. The detail of the model is frankly, quite astounding. The model is divided into a number of cutaway sections to allow one to see inside it. Primarily the shape is kind of like a diamond, a large space in the centre connects all the various tunnels and walkways, as well as providing a way to transport goods up and down easily through mechanisms. Merchant quarters and stores go near the top, but not directly at the top which has about half of the guard and armaments of the city so as to be quick to defend in a siege. In the middle are most of the living quarters and the workshops that don’t relate to stone, gem or metal. Lower down those workshops are close to the tunnels that lead to the mines. Finally, in the very centre of the city is the quarters of Adam and the municipal offices and halls.

Clearly Adam would need to explain many of the details as they went along, but the model would be enough to allow people to start mining out the mountain for their home. It would take the Dwarves many years to finish it, but it would be a marvel once they did to be sure.

As long as they could figure out the scale that is.

Success, you won’t see the true results of this for quite a while though due to the nature of building a full underground city.

Beltheus (Eosia, Eisos)

The map did not go exactly as you had planned, but in hindsight what you have might possibly be more useful. The map you’d sought to change had burned pitch black in an instant, but the leather remained just as supple as you had hoped. For a moment you were angered, outraged that it had not done as you wished and you readied your power to burn it to ashes. But as you did, the flames leapt from your hands, instead tracing red hot lines across the parchment. It showed you dots of people around your area, showing how corrupt their souls were. It had more precision, but was not as wide in scope if you could not travel somehow.

Success, but your original action was a bit beyond your general power at the moment so I gave you something I hope is equally useful. Think of it as being like the Marauder's Map from Harry Potter.

Surprisingly as Octagon suspected, he managed to quickly find some unused catacombs under one of the old cathedrals. For a city that is not that notably religious Val Setin likes building a lot of cathedrals. Perhaps it is their love of stern architecture and hideous creatures that drives them to build them. At any rate when one can clamber up walls, it is relatively easy to circumvent the barred doors preventing regular access, and the door with a lock.

The catacombs are dark and dusty, but that doesn’t bother Octagon as much as it would a day ago. He finds it easier to move by noting the movement of air in the crypts than he does through his eyes.

Success, you found an unused catacomb. It should serve your needs, for now at least.

Civar, Daveron & Ilvis (Border of Arandia and Eosia)

Civar and Aideen meet up with Daveron and Ilvis on the road north to Eosia. Unsurprisingly they do not encounter any bandits, Daveron’s order has taken care of any bandits that might be in the area. Even if they hadn’t, you are sure that by now none of them would not know about Daveron and Ilvis. They would be sure to avoid you if you were around. So you reach the Eosian border without incident. There is a lone guard station with a small patrol who look at you as you approach. One side is Eosian, the other side Arandians from Harvan. The Arandians seem to recognise Ser Daveron at least and wave at you as you get closer.

Degowin (The Frozen Wilds, The Bleak Mountain)

Tanjan nods as if understanding your reasons for not wishing to remain. “Take the Frostborn with you my lord, they are pathetic enough without moping about their fate when they think you cannot see. If you need me, or need to speak to me throw your voice into the winter wind. I will hear your words.” He says simply and once you make to leave, returns to his work. He had been working on some kind of elixir, made from frozen plants that were crushed into a liquid and kept just above freezing point.

The journey to the north would have been miserable for a normal man, but for Degowin he did not notice the blizzard particularly aside from a slight increase in difficulty in seeing where he was going. Eventually he came to a great mountain, with two paths going along two passes to either side of it. One would lead to the east and the coastal town of Whiteshore, with the other heading further north and west to the town of Grerythorn. Or Degowin could climb the mountain to see if anything lay atop it, or to make something up there if he wished. He could even simply climb it to enjoy the silent view of the ends of the world if he wished.

Aldrain (Eosia, The Great Library of Eisos)

Although it takes a little experimentation both with lexicon and syntax, Aldrain eventually stumbles across the right combination of runes to perform the task he wants. The books he had reading, treatises on language and proto-language were your first attempts at its use. As you etched the runes upon the cover of the tomes, the pages and lettering glows softly as it seems to flow into your body. Travelling like a warm current through your fingers and up your arm and spine into your head, the knowledge of the tomes contents slowly distilling into your mind. As you finish absorbing the last tome, Aldrain realises in a startling epiphany that he did not even use the runes this time, he had simply put his mind to the task and copied the knowledge from the book.

You sense an approval in your mind as you follow this realisation through that you could copy this into the minds of others. Whether or not this was truly what the library had intended is something that Aldrain is frankly not very sure about, but whether intended or not you feel both approval and excitement. The library, as you have come to associate the awareness as, seems to want you to take in the knowledge of all the books here so that should it burn down it won’t be lost. Although it’s obvious that if you yourself died there would be equal risk, the library seems to dismiss that concern for...some reason you can’t quite make out.

Success, additionally Aldrain gains the Divine trait Knowledge [+2]. As a warning as one of the most broad traits, DCs for some actions will be higher than other people. On the other hand, you have the power to force me to spontaneously have to decide on any world detail you desire. Please don’t abuse this too much for the sake of my sanity.

Jimmy4400nav / Mazir: I’ll add a small update for you if you post tonight or tomorrow morning.

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 27, 2013

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Andra (Arandia, Coltain)

"Okay, so that didn't work. Hey, you all right? Look, I'm going to think out loud for a minute. If you have anything to say, just feel free to jump in." Andra leans up against the herbalist's workspace counter, shrugging at the man's slightly vacant expression.

"See, I'm pretty sure I'm not human anymore. Because, well, humans breathe and sleep and get drunk and have blood in them, and none of these things appear to apply to me any more. So the question becomes 'what am I,' followed by 'am I something that is too dangerous to exist?' And since you're all spaced out I'll just hafta think of an answer on my own, I guess.

"My current working theory is that I'm turning into something else. Like, I heard stories of a thing... goalie? No, golem, that was it. Golems. Tireless metal-people things. So I suppose I could be turning into one of those, but it seems backwards, right? The changes are all happening internally, whereas I imagine that if I was gonna turn someone into a golem I'd start with the external changes first. Like, give them the metal skin so I'd know they wouldn't get hurt, then start working on changing all the squishy inside bits. So I'm probably not a golem.

"I know I used to have blood, that's the bit that's messing with me. I bled enough, that's how I know. You know I don't even have most of my old scars anymore? Oh, yeah - I meant bleeding from getting cut, not the way you're probably thinking of, you turkey. I used to get cut and bleed, and now I don't. Means clearly something is changing.

"The bit that worries me, though, is what if the glowy poo poo is, like, my... I don't know, my life force or something? What if it's burning up? Like, I'm super-tough right now because I'm getting a year's worth of healing crammed into every minute but by this time next week I'll have used up a hundred years' worth and it'll burn out? I could, like, have all the glowy poo poo evaporate and just collapse into a puddle of skin or something. Ugh. That is gross. I wish I hadn't just thought that. Ew.

"....well, you're not being any drat help, now are you?"

Nenji, I'mma try and catch up with you on IRC - if this guy has anything Interesting or Useful to say, she'll stick around and chat with him, but otherwise Andra's going to go out and get into more trouble. We'll see, one supposes.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Degowin - The Bleak Mountain

Degowin came to the mountain. He did not care for the Coastmen, nor the Grers. The mountain seemed a challenge, though. Degowin would master it, and ascend to its icy summit.

Degowin will use mortal +4 Strongman and some passive/innate effects of cold to climb the Mountain. The Frostborn come along for the ride.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Mazir - Elysian Sands

The last of the resistance had crumbled, the people were subdued. The last of the wretches had fled to the caves, begging for their lives. Pitiful.

Worms! Mazir yelled into the caves. I accept your surrender, come out and join the rest of the people. You will receive my Mark, and you will serve!

With the last of the resistance moped up, Mazir looked over his new lands, the Sands were his. He'd keep the name, is sounded......right to him.

Looking to his left, he saw the long queue of people slowly walking to the platform established in the center of the town. Many of the converted tribesmen were branding the surviving citizens with the Mark. To his right, were Hartun and Zel, they had slowly changed, managing souls seemed to be having an effect on them. The three of them would have to train sometime later on, to hone their magnificent abilities.

My loyal companions Mazir said You have done well, get some rest, our victory was grand today, yet our work is unfinished. This was but the first step in our dream. We will bring the sands to the world, and we will feast upon the souls of those who resist its glorious advance.

Standing in an empty lot, Mazir picked up a handful of sand, its small bits poured from his fingers. Clutching his fist, Mazir thought aloud A monument, a dedication to this ideal is needed, a Temple of the Sands....Yes

Raising his hands, Mazir began to channel his new magics to erect a new structure, one born purley out of the sands:

I'm creating a temple out of sand.

[+4 Magic] Using my magic to help hold the sands in place as is is brought together to form the structure.

Divine: +2 Sands Using my ability to manipulate the sands to create a temple of sand in the town.

Zombie #246
Apr 26, 2003

Daveron (Border of Arandia and Eosia)

Daveron, grunts as he lowers himself off his horse, stumbling onto the ground, and slowly pulling himself up off the ground with a groan. "Must not be drunk enough," he mumbles to himself, pulling up his flask, and taking a swig; he brushes some dirt off of his Order badge as he walks over to the guards.

"What can I do for you," he gestures his flask to the gaurds, offering some to them. He turns to Civar and Ilvis, and waves them over to him to join in in the conversation.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Octagon shoves the now-desiccated bodies into an alcove. Appropriate, considering this was their intended purpose. Some part of him knew that, before long, these catacombs would be brimming with the dead, if he didn't find somewhere else to dispose of his... left-overs. The thought of eating another human being became less strange with each passing hour. Soon, he was forgetting what it was to be human. It was getting hard to think of them as anything but... animals. Exceptionally clever prey.

To avoid dwelling on the subject of his new-found appetite, Octagon sets to work converting the catacombs into a proper lair. It isn't long before the pair of spider-creatures have covered the catacombs in a layer of sensitive, sticky webbing. The ease with which he performed this task was not something he cared to dwell on either, for the moment.

Once this was accomplished, Octagon decided that he was going to need some information. Normally, he'd have merely asked around or put some coin into the right people's hands. But he no longer had time for the Right People. Or indeed, the freedom to move about without causing a panic. So instead he would need to creep in the shadows. He would need to snare someone important... or at least, someone who would be sure to know something. People go missing all the time, after all. Even the important ones. A trip into the Cathedral above, during one of the darker, quiet hours... perhaps he might find some poor soul, lingering about, that he might ply for information.

Using my Spider Lord [+2] senses/strength/WEBS! and temporary paralytic Toxins [+2] to capture me an important cleric/priest/minister/bishop and dragging them down into my lair for interrogation. Someone with a bit of clout, or can at least point the way to said someone. Not eating them. Yet.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Kovar and Adam - Under-Sellos

quote:

Adam: It was only after he was done, and had stepped back to admire his work, that Adam realised that he had been holding his breath near the end. His eyes came back into focused, and he inhaled greatly, clutching his heart, his chest heaving. He stared at his creation, and shuddered. "Alright... that definitely felt different. Wh... w..by the core of the world, this is impressive."

Kovar: "It was indeed impressive. I'm glad the techniques I've taught you proved so useful."

Adam: "I'm glad I didn't open my eyes to see that all I had done was play hopscotch with myself. My... darn... This.. this will take forever to build."

Kovar: "Indeed, and when finished it will be glorious."

Adam: "But..." he said, spinning around. "It won't matter, if I don't have the people to build it with. Looks like I'm going to have to try recruiting crafts men after all."

Kovar: "Indeed. Perhaps we can combine our two endeavors. Once I visit the other towns and attempt to recruit them you can send searchers for craftsmen in my wake."

Adam: "Aye... and I can train crafters as the like... but it's their choice. And they must know what they'll become if they do. I say the plan to have us make more items and sell them is a good one eh?"

Kovar: "Speaking of items, I think I might benefit from your services."

Adam: "Oh... tell me more..."

Kovar: "Well, if I am to visit these towns, convince them that I can keep them safe in the time of coming uncertainty, I will have a greater impact if I am wearing something a bit more impressive than two undersized blacksmith's aprons."

Adam: "Hm... you'll need some drat fine armour then..."

Adam: "I haven't made one in a while... but it would be good practice with my hands. Give me a while, " he says, stretching his arms. "I should be able to make something strong enough to keep your new body in check."

Kovar: "It need not merely be strong but impressive as well, awe-inspiring if possible."

Adam: "Awe inspirng. Well I did just build a city from my heart, so I think I should be a ble to manage a bit of Armour Kovar..."

Kovar: "I was wondering if I would be able to assist you at all. After-all, I've spent quite a bit of time with your forge, and it would seem an appropriate continuation of my teaching helping you if your teaching could help me."

Adam: "Hmm... well, actually, you would. It needs to fit you aye? Well, armour is a funny thing. I ken tell ye tha' Only you and you yerself can make it the perfect fit. It would be a bloody good idea ta get ye opinion on me work too. So Aye. Stay.. We can build it together."

***Kovar gives a broad smile. "I wonder what will happen if I attempt to mix my power with the metal as we work it?"

Adam: He paused, his eyes narrowing. "What... like... combining? Would that... would that work?"

Kovar: "Well I was able to change Burd and the others from a distance by focusing my power on them. Might it be possible to do the same to the armor? I've yet to test its effects on inanimate objects."

Adam: "Aye... Well.. either that, or ye'd make the metal impossible to meld as it would be too strong..."

Kovar: "True, but I suppose we'll find out."

Adam: "Alright then lad. Let's get to work. Forge was warm anyway."

Kovar: "Excellent. This is your area of expertise so I will let you take the lead. Let me know how I can assist."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oTHi
Feb 28, 2011

This post is brought to you by Molten Boron.
Nobody doesn't like Molten Boron!.
Lipstick Apathy
Aldrain (Eosia, The Great Library of Eisos)

Aldrain closes his eyes and revels in the feeling of the new knowledge sitting in his mind. Yes. This is the way. Aldrain stands up, and walks back towards to library shelves, his steps more spry than they had been in years. As he walks through the shelves, he touches the spine of each book, and repeats the Rune of Transference, being careful not to miss any. This will surely take days, but the result will be worth it.

Using Sigilry +2 to cast the spell, and Knowledge +2 to help like attract like.

• Locked thread