Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Under 2 months till the 2nd anniversary of the last book being "done".
Do you know where your author is?

At least he has stopped giving bullshit updates on it's progress. That which is unwritten can never be wrote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Fog Tripper posted:

Under 2 months till the 2nd anniversary of the last book being "done".
Do you know where your author is?
... The depths of a diabetic coma?

That or face-first in a trough of buffalo wings.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

SpaceMost posted:

... The depths of a diabetic coma?

That or face-first in a trough of buffalo wings.

Did you mean trencher of wings?

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Before her, the tavern boy set a heaping trencher of sizzling capon wings, coated in a rich Southron sauce of vinegar, butter and ground peppers. The dish was known as "Aurochs wings", after its village of origin, Aurochs, set deep in the Darnish steppes and itself named for the beast of burden which its people reared since the days of the First Men. Though famished, Sensa eyed the wings with perplexity and protested demurely, "Sorry, I do not eat aurochs."

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Well yeah, you technically don't eat things taken rectally.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
prude.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Since I'm a glutton for punishment, I recently reread adwd and noticed something I hadn't before: when Theon is wandering around Winterfell at night he bumps into a suspicious hooded character that seems rather out of place, somehow. My gut says it's someone from Stannis' crew, but looking around the internet it seems everyone's convinced it's some stupid "Theon Durden" bullshit. What do you shitdicks think?

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
His name was Robert Baratheon.

His name was Robert Baratheon.

Bulletproof Tiger
Nov 2, 2010
I forget what the timing was on this, could it have been Mance or one of the spear wives sneaking around, or were they not at winterfell yet? I think the theory that Theon might have been killing some people and not remembering might be true, but I doubt he was hallucinating strange figures.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Bulletproof Tiger posted:

I forget what the timing was on this, could it have been Mance or one of the spear wives sneaking around, or were they not at winterfell yet? I think the theory that Theon might have been killing some people and not remembering might be true, but I doubt he was hallucinating strange figures.

"Abel" is specifically mentioned playing music in the feast hall when Theon bumps into this guy, and he gets "recruited" by a spearwife shortly thereafter in the godswood.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

CainsDescendant posted:

Since I'm a glutton for punishment, I recently reread adwd and noticed something I hadn't before: when Theon is wandering around Winterfell at night he bumps into a suspicious hooded character that seems rather out of place, somehow. My gut says it's someone from Stannis' crew, but looking around the internet it seems everyone's convinced it's some stupid "Theon Durden" bullshit. What do you shitdicks think?

Maester Luwin possibly? I mean we never actually saw him die did we? Wouldn't surprise me since no one has actually died in this series since ASOS.

edit: Oh and the Martell kid that got roasted.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
It was Luwin, but he's dead. Jon loving Ygritte on the south side of the wall broke the enchantments, and the dead rising mojo has started spreading. When the undead army (never) arrives it's going to roll right through without stopping because the magic is gone. Melisandre will try to resurrect him and he'll suck all her life out and turn into an undead vampire king or some poo poo.

The irony is that Jon's role as the Prince who was Promised isn't to marry Dany, it's to stop her because she's crazy and going to burn the world.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Contra Calculus posted:

Maester Luwin possibly? I mean we never actually saw him die did we? Wouldn't surprise me since no one has actually remained dead in this series since ASOS.

fixed, being the helpful lad I am

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Contra Calculus posted:

Maester Luwin possibly? I mean we never actually saw him die did we? Wouldn't surprise me since no one has actually died in this series since ASOS.

RIP Pretty Pig.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20

IRQ posted:

RIP Pretty Pig.

That which is pork can never die, but rises again, flavorful and juicy.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I wonder the rating of ADWD when they reach that season.

Where is the penis rating?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Is boobs singular or plural? It's all even numbers.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Arbite posted:

Is boobs singular or plural? It's all even numbers.

It would be, since GRRM didn't have his way with the costumes in Qarth

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

General Battuta posted:

It would be, since GRRM didn't have his way with the costumes in Qarth

As soon as I got to the part of that book where GRRM describes in exquisite detail the boob dress he put little 13 year old Dany in I knew I was reading a piece of seminal literature

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Be fair. Time has passed since the beginning of Game of Thrones. Dany is at least 14 when she arrives at Qarth.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Beyond sane knolls posted:

Before her, the tavern boy set a heaping trencher of sizzling capon wings, coated in a rich Southron sauce of vinegar, butter and ground peppers. The dish was known as "Aurochs wings", after its village of origin, Aurochs, set deep in the Darnish steppes and itself named for the beast of burden which its people reared since the days of the First Men. Though famished, Sensa eyed the wings with perplexity and protested demurely, "Sorry, I do not eat aurochs."

The Aurochs wings was served by a maiden of 10 and 8 years. Her legs clad in the traditional short and revealing small pants of her homeland. Each cheek of her pert and firm buttocks hung halfway out of the pants. On her half jerkin which exposed her soft and supple tummy was the embroidered sigil of Lord Hüter, a wide-eyed brown owl on a white field.

Maester Martendale could not take his eyes off the ample bosom of the serving wench, and found himself drooling lustily. "Another ale, m'lord?" Martendale shifted his glance to see her name tag pinned to her half-jerkin. "Yes, Tami. And 50 more wings."

"A tankard of ale and 50 wings. Would you like them Dornish Hot again?"

"No" he said shifting his greasy sauce covered hand to place it on hers, I wish to live dangerously. Make them Turduckyen Conquest Field of Flames."

(I was writing this as I received a probation for promoting A Game of Bones)

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
At least in your case something other than you is preventing you from writing.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

sbaldrick posted:

gently caress, now I have to buy this horrible thing because I know about it. Thanks alot.

Your sacrifice was not in vain, brother.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
$0.08 in the bank :toot:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Oh man, I can almost taste the Thunderbird.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I'm with you in the spirit of advertising bro, but remember the Hamsterdam clause works for us more than against us. Speaking of which, we need more readers for the audiobook section. If any of you know some internet famous LPers or something like that who'd add some notoriety to the project then ask away. Or something.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Oh man, I can almost taste the Thunderbird.

What's the word? Thunderbird.

What's the price? 20 purchases of your erotic novel about dick and poop jokes, twice.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

:argh:

Also, these better be in the book now.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Maester Martendale eating at Lord Hüter's is free game.

All of my chapters are north of the barricade and can't work him in.

e: SaviourX, what are you doing?

SaviourX posted:

That's like the best Corman movie too. So low budget baller.

And if you're going to post Game of Thrones stuff, we'll whip up some terrible Game of Bones posters for y'all to gaze at, too!

I just got booted for that, you silly person.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Mar 4, 2013

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson
I came out to my first friend about writing Game of Bones today. We soon had this exchange:

"I refuse to believe this is real"
"It's real, and it's spectacular"

Now she wants to help read the audiobook.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Good. She can start with chapter five.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Maester Martendale eating at Lord Hüter's is free game.

All of my chapters are north of the barricade and can't work him in.

e: SaviourX, what are you doing?

I just got booted for that, you silly person.

That which is probated may never die.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
But rises again, firmer and more shameful.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah, seriously have her read chapter 5. Straight-up right off the bat insanity is always a good way to start.

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

AGoB authors: take a look in the inbox of the email you use to communicate with me and you will find updated financial information about AGoB sales!

Also: lemoncakes, etc etc

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I never got on that mailing list google doc thing because I'm bad at computer.

Does my bank account have enough to buy an SA banner ad yet? Because do that.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

thornghost posted:

AGoB authors: take a look in the inbox of the email you use to communicate with me and you will find updated financial information about AGoB sales!

Also: lemoncakes, etc etc

Who-weee! I'm gonna buy some Carlo Rossi tonight!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Shageletic posted:

Who-weee! I'm gonna buy some Carlo Rossi tonight!

poo poo, we've made that much?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

That's a nice pile of money! I'll be treating myself to a bottle of Laphroaig

after spending my share on a ski mask and gloves at the store beside the liquor store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

That's a nice pile of money! I'll be treating myself to a bottle of Laphroaig

after spending my share on a ski mask and gloves at the store beside the liquor store.

Watch out for ski mask police!