Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Calico Heart posted:

Finally! I've been using the site with a foreign-sounding name for ages now and hadn't been the victim of any horrible racism! Phew. I don't want to hobble together an ugly image capturing the whole conversation, but I commented on a post about Kentucky electing to ignore any Obama gun enforcement laws. Being unfamiliar with state/commonwealth law, I asked whether this was a move in the direction of succession or whether it was akin to that. My post began with "Forgive me, but..."

I got a :smuggo: reply from Gideon Mawet, starting with Well, :airquote: (foreign name) :airquote: and ended with as far as forgiving you, isn't that a Muslim name?

It's not. It's Arabic. After a while without posting (and him mentioning me several times talking to other people), he said "Guess he went back to Pakistan".

Ganna ask him if I can assume he's an Israelite based on his name.

Edit: He is hitting on someone in the thread by making fun of Islamic prayer. BEHOLD:

https://www.teapartycommunity.com/rdaurne77/status-id_302425/
That thread is horrible, Gideon really doesn't know when to shut up huh?

edit: Top of thread? Remember to PM for IRC access.

Wiggly Wayne DDS fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!
:siren:SOURCE OF JPEG ARTIFACTS FOUND:siren:

Here's an image that was shared on TPC. I did not screenshot this, I just saved it and uploaded it to imgur as-is.

e: Link: https://www.teapartycommunity.com/photo/153003/539741_10152061088915288_959190346_n/userid_66083/

Vienna Circlejerk fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 6, 2013

Stoic Madman
Dec 4, 2004
This title space left unintentionally blank
Well, I burned my first account with HP Lovecraft quotes. They apparently don't like to be reminded of the lurking horror in the Pacific.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

:siren:SOURCE OF JPEG ARTIFACTS FOUND:siren:

Here's an image that was shared on TPC. I did not screenshot this, I just saved it and uploaded it to imgur as-is.

e: Link: https://www.teapartycommunity.com/photo/153003/539741_10152061088915288_959190346_n/userid_66083/

Hahahaha!!

OH GOD A BOOK! LOOK OUT! The president READS BOOKS!

EVERYONE DOWN! He's got a BOOK! He's GOING TO READ!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Spacedad posted:

Hahahaha!!

What would a foreigner see and understand about true American ways?

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

etalian posted:

What would a foreigner see and understand about true American ways?

For those who don't read books, the word 'post' means 'after.' :rolleye:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Stoic Madman posted:

Well, I burned my first account with HP Lovecraft quotes. They apparently don't like to be reminded of the lurking horror in the Pacific.

Did you point out that Obama is Nyarlathotep? That probably would have bought you some more time.

Stoic Madman
Dec 4, 2004

Spacedad posted:

Hahahaha!!

OH NOES! He might learn things that aren't in the Bible!

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Spacedad posted:

Hahahaha!!

But what's really funny (and the reason I was posting) is the half bit of text at the bottom. Instead of saving images out of their browsers, they are screencapping the images and uploading the screencaps. That's where all those artifacts are coming from.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Apparently that 'OH GOD THE PRESIDENT IS A BOOK READER' freakout happened in 2010 and I wasn't privy to it.

It's seriously making me laugh so hard that I'm having trouble typing at the moment.

duck hunt
Dec 22, 2010
After calling the president Taliban, I haven't earned the tea party stripes to not be told:

"I hope you starve to death waiting in line for your Obama handout."

Is there some sort of beat down initiation I missed?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

duck hunt posted:

After calling the president Taliban, I haven't earned the tea party stripes to not be told:

"I hope you starve to death waiting in line for your Obama handout."

Is there some sort of beat down initiation I missed?

But don't GOP Red states demand the most government handouts and also practice the most tax evasion?

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

But what's really funny (and the reason I was posting) is the half bit of text at the bottom. Instead of saving images out of their browsers, they are screencapping the images and uploading the screencaps. That's where all those artifacts are coming from.

Even better.

"Right clicking lets you save images, grandpa."

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Spacedad posted:

Even better.

"Right clicking lets you save images, grandpa."

It's even better to do this and use the jpeg artifact filled image to hide a 'lil heavily pixelated goatse in the pictures.

Stoic Madman
Dec 4, 2004

ReidRansom posted:

Did you point out that Obama is Nyarlathotep? That probably would have bought you some more time.

Well poo poo. Didn't think of that. Oh well. I'm new at this, chalk it up as my newbie flub.

duck hunt
Dec 22, 2010
Is befriending the illustrious Wicket Williams raise a red flag?

I just want to study this one guy for my deep cover troll accounts.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Parallax Scroll posted:

"theres already a law against all of that and guess what it didnt come from government."

These people want to be the Taliban. Just replace Islam with Christianity.

There's people like them in every country. In the middle east they are the Taliban. In Greece they are Golden Dawn. In Japan they are militarism revivalists.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Spacedad posted:

There's people like them in every country. In the middle east they are the Taliban. In Greece they are Golden Dawn. In Japan they are xenophobic nationalists.

I love the :ironicat: how they post image macros about muslim extremists when they have so many things in common such as hatred of gays and xenophobia.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

etalian posted:

I love the :ironicat: how they post image macros about muslim extremists when they have so many things in common such as hatred of gays and xenophobia.

"The only moral authoritarianism is my authoritarianism." ~Literally every authoritarian ever.

Stoic Madman
Dec 4, 2004
It scares me that I'm starting to be able to think like a Tea Partier.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Stoic Madman posted:

Screencaps, please? I don't know if you can tell from my avatar, but I'm kind of an HPL fan.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Stoic Madman posted:

Breathe man breathe. Tea Partiers have no self awareness. You're not completely lost to us yet

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Spacedad posted:

"The only moral authoritarianism is my authoritarianism." ~Literally every authoritarian ever.

The other side is scary despite having exactly the same beliefs.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Stoic Madman posted:

I'm having a blast. Every night I log into a fantasy world of mythical figures, trolls, and mindless beasts who want to kill everyone, all viewed from behind the eyes of a character who doesn't exist. :black101: :krakken:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Not to mention pretending to be a woman to get goooooold

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

But don't GOP Red states demand the most government handouts and also practice the most tax evasion?

That's not tax evasion, that's patriotism. Everyone knows the sixteenth amendment was never passed.:911:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

duck hunt posted:

Is befriending the illustrious Wicket Williams raise a red flag?

I just want to study this one guy for my deep cover troll accounts.
Whicket is actually kind of a low-level enemy. Selaty is kind of tough to get friended, but the guy who's such a belligerent rear end that he will go out of his way to tell you he won't friend you is Guzda. He's basically the End Boss. Once you're on Guzda's friend list you've pretty much beaten the game.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Stoic Madman posted:

Don't worry - you're no different from the detachment of an FBI agent who tries to 'think like a serial killer' to catch one.

Also these people are extraordinarily predictable.

etalian posted:

The other side is scary despite having exactly the same beliefs.

It's base tribalism.

They hate the 'other tribe' because the 'other tribe' is just a mirror of their own faults. (Or a projected image of their own faults.)

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 6, 2013

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Alright which one of you is Ricky?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
^ We're all ricky. We're everyone on this site. It's been abandoned now for weeks, the world's longest running metatroll. :aaaaa:

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
So it logged me out and now I can't log back in. Did they finally ban me?

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN
I posted a picture about the slippery slope from homosexuality to beastiality and I was threatened with a ban. This site isn't nearly conservative enough.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Hazo posted:

Whicket is actually kind of a low-level enemy. Selaty is kind of tough to get friended, but the guy who's such a belligerent rear end that he will go out of his way to tell you he won't friend you is Guzda. He's basically the End Boss. Once you're on Guzda's friend list you've pretty much beaten the game.

I've collected a notorious troll hunter and one of the three Selatys, but I haven't leveled up nearly enough to go for the other two or Guzda yet (in fact, I may have blocked him right away to shield myself. I don't remember). I'm getting there though, just takes some grinding.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's why he banned me!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Ahahaha that's awesome.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Hahaha gently caress yes.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

HollisBrown posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's why he banned me!

Sorry. Felt bad about that. By the way his message reads, you might be allowed back on? Maybe you're just on probation? Or did you get the white screen IP ban?

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

monsieur fatso posted:

Sorry. Felt bad about that. By the way his message reads, you might be allowed back on? Maybe you're just on probation? Or did you get the white screen IP ban?

It's all good man that was the funniest thing I've been a part of in a long time. No I don't get he white screen I just can't log on, just tells me my password/username is incorrect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Maybe he'll go try to punch the dude out.

The argument at the Piggly Wiggly ought to be epic.

• Locked thread