Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Pierzak posted:

...is that Lord Yuna?

Well, that does bode well, I'm sure the new church is truly benevolent and definitely won't turn out to be a bunch of Destroyer-worshipping/duped cultists :v:

EXACTLY, religion has never been the primary evil in a JRPG ever. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Pierzak posted:

...is that Lord Yuna?

Well, that does bode well, I'm sure the new church is truly benevolent and definitely won't turn out to be a bunch of Destroyer-worshipping/duped cultists :v:

I had fun running through the update trying to see how many people I recognized. I recognized Rex from Avalon Code, Silabus from .hack//g.u., Yuna from Breath of Fire 4, Maria Traydor from Star Ocean 3, Shelinda from FF10, I think Ben from Parasite Eve, and a couple of other familiar looking characters that I can't place.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Omnicrom posted:

I had fun running through the update trying to see how many people I recognized. I recognized Rex from Avalon Code, Silabus from .hack//g.u., Yuna from Breath of Fire 4, Maria Traydor from Star Ocean 3, Shelinda from FF10, I think Ben from Parasite Eve, and a couple of other familiar looking characters that I can't place.
You and your newfangled next-gen games :corsair:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Omnicrom posted:

A few Suikoden stars of destiny, and young Eve from Parasite Eve too.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Omnicrom posted:

I've basically just been grabbing character art from random JRPGs that I have played or at least kinda remember playing at one point for the town NPCs.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.

Crowetron posted:

I've basically just been grabbing character art from random JRPGs that I have played or at least kinda remember playing at one point for the town NPCs.

And, uh, speaking of which, a lot of them need some work clearing out the stray pixels. I honestly don't mind backgrounds in dialogue portraits, but I guess not everyone feels that way.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Camel Pimp posted:

And, uh, speaking of which, a lot of them need some work clearing out the stray pixels. I honestly don't mind backgrounds in dialogue portraits, but I guess not everyone feels that way.

I noticed that. The transparency didn't work quite right. I mostly use the transparency to make the jaggies on the edges of the actual game sprites less noticeable, so I probably don't need it for the NPCs. I plan to fix that, and also go back and fix the jpeg Talkin' Heads in the first few updates. I just missed my self imposed deadline yesterday so decided I had to get the update up!

Transparency is something I never used before this LP, so I'm still kind of messing around with it. Everything's fixable, at least!

Edit: In fact, that's probably what I'll do tomorrow, and just put off Thursday's update till Saturday? Because it is buggin' me, and I'm no good at deadlines anyway.

Crowetron fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Mar 7, 2013

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Think about "deadlines" for an LP only if you're working from an extensive backlog, I would say. :v:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm surprised the statue even does something when you pay 100G.

Is it the inn replacement, or are there cheaper inns?

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Glazius posted:

I'm surprised the statue even does something when you pay 100G.

Is it the inn replacement, or are there cheaper inns?

There's a statue in town that's free. There is literally no reason to use the statue in the sanctuary.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

There is at least one town I can think of off the top of my head that only has a statue in the Sanctuary, but generally there are no inns. Full heals from statues are free and have always been free previously, so the Sanctuary one is largely just there to drive home the point that there's something sleazy about the Chosen.

By the way, I fixed the NPC portraits, will get to the jpegs in the first few updates sometime soon.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
They're doin' a pretty good job of establishing this religion as slimy. I've seen a bunch of different takes at it, and though the Lunar series feels... more simplified than a lot of other JRPGs, it's pulled off well.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Episode 9: Roll Dem Bones

Yeah, so the dude with the character portrait is Ronfar, shockingly enough.

Cool Dude FMV
Ronfar's Jazzy Theme

: "What do you want with this Ronfar guy anyway? Y'know, he's kind of a deadbeat."

: "Heh, I can't believe he was ever a priest for Althena. But I'll tell you where your guy is if beat me in a game..."

: "'Cause the only truth I've ever found..."

: "...lies right here..."

: "...with THESE!"

: "...are you friggin' kidding me?"

: "This guy is AWESOME!"

Well, there's no stakes if we lose, so HELL YEAH

: ""So what will you bet? Even or odd dice?"

: "I'm bettin' odds!"

We roll the dice, and...

: "I guess Ronfar's secret past is gonna stay that way...unless you're willing to try again."

: "You bet I am! Evens this time!"

: "Uh...okay."

: "I bet now you're ready to..."

: "Keep rolling, dice man! I got this!"

: "Oookay."

SEVERAL HOURS LATER

: "Jeez-a-loo, kid, I really oughta start betting something against you."

: "Wait, maybe if I go Evens twice in a row...!"

: "We lost Hiro. Let it go."

: "Okay. We give up, I guess."

: "Come on back anytime you wanna make a wager."

: "Just...not today. Because drat, kid."

: "Wait a minute! I just figured out the secret to success in gambling! Just keep playing until you win! It's so simple!"

: "Haven't you figured out I'm using my super-lucky dice?"

: "More like super-LOADED dice, if you ask me, you big cheater!"

Lucia begins to collapse.

And Ronfar, being a gentleman, fuckin' hip-checks Hiro outta the way to catch her.

: "Tell you what...let's get out of here. She can rest at my place, and so can you. Come with me!"

: "..."

: "I totally coulda won this time, Ruby."

: "Sure ya could have, sweetie. Now we should probably follow them."

Luckily, we already know where Ronfar's house is, so we can just head on up there.

: "I was in such a hurry to get that poor girl into bed I must've missed it! Well, let's see what pearls this oyster has to impart, shall we?"

We already found this letter last time, but here it is again for completion's sake.

: "Ronfar; I need to speak with you of an urgent matter. I will return when I have completed the day's work. Take care, friend. --LM"

: "Well, well. I was wondering when he was going to stop by and say hello."

Ron gets all pouty and goes inside without us.

: "Hmmph! He could have at least told us what 'LM' stands for!"

Ronfar's bachelor pad...kinda blows, to be honest. But it does have a bed, so it beats Gwyn's house at least.

Either the curse's effects or getting worse, or poor Lucia's pain threshold is just plain running out. Either way, ZOPHAR does not gently caress around when it comes to purple electric death curses.

: "You want me to call upon the Goddess Althena..."

: "Pretty much, yeah."

: "Well, buddy, I hate to break it to ya, but Althena and me have gone our separate ways."

: "'Althena and I'."

: "BUT BUT BUT THE GUYS AT THE SANCTUARY WERE ALL JERKS AND WE'RE BROKE AND THEY HATE YOU LIKE WHOA FOR SOME REASON AND"

actually we just have to talk to him again :ssh:

: "I parted ways with The Chosen long ago, buddy, and I can't lift the curse on your friend."

*the front door opens loudly*

: "What's this? Another visitor to Casa de Ronfar? Must be my lucky day today!"

Cue the music, boys

: "Ronfar! Where are you, friend? Do you have...company?"

: "I don't smell any scented candles or off-brand wine, so I figured it was cool."

: "I'm not strong enough to fight Leo, but we can't run away and leave Lucia!"

: "I take it you've met my over-achieving friend, but why are you so afraid of him? Tell ye what...you stay here, and I'll go see what he wants. And calm down! Geez."

: "You pee on my floor, and all three of you are out on your asses."

Luckily, Leo didn't hear any of that, despite these walls being clearly paper thin.

: "I see you still haven't learned to knock."

: "I go wherever the Goddess wills me, old friend. Knocking is below me."

: "So what's the 'urgent matter' that brings you to the den of thieves also known as Larpa?"

Hiro and Ruby mash their faces against the wall to listen in.

: "I never suspected it would assume the form of a human female. That was my first, and last, mistake."

: "The Destroyer disguised as an innocent girl? That's...that's pretty heavy stuff, Leo."

: "Did you hear the shock in Ronfar's voice, Hiro?! He's gonna turn us in! We're dead meat on a stick!"

: "Did you hear something, just now?"

: "I have a rat problem."

: "Rats? This deep in the desert?"

: "Kangaroo rats."

: "Oh, that's adorable. But anyway..."

: :ohdear:

: :barf:

gently caress da police

: "Er...thank you, Ronfar. I shall resume the search tomorrow. The Destroyer will be found!"

: "Ronfar, I have another request to make of you. I wish for you to rejoin Althena's Chosen."

: "The Goddess needs your skill and strength, Ronfar, just as you require her guidance."

Ron says nothing, and slowly turns away.

: (As I expected, Ronfar. When you are confronted with truth, you cannot bear to face it.)

Leo begins to leave, but Ronfar calls after him.

: "You will have to tell her to forget about me, Leo. She's too good for me and we both know it."

: "You judge yourself too harshly, Ronfar. You gave your utmost, and although you failed..."

: "...she managed to survive. You must let go of the past, Ronfar, and embrace the future. I shall be at the Sanctuary until morning. Come and see me if you change your mind."

Well, THAT was awkward. We should probably go thank Ronnie for not selling us down the river, though.

: "We were like brothers...and I lied to him, just for you, stranger."

: "But I lied on a strong hunch that you are doing what you think is right. I can see it in your eyes. You don't believe that girl is a Destroyer at all."

Why didn't we get a spin-off about young Ronfar and Leo running around, solving mysteries or whatever? Like A Pup Named Scooby Doo, but on the fuckin' moon!

: "But there's something I just don't understand, buddy, and I need you to explain it to me."

: "WHY do you believe in Lucia's innocence? Why are you willing to risk your freedom and your life?"

: "And where the gently caress did you get a face tattoo at your age?"

: "If you don't want me to rat you out to Leo, you'll tell me the answer!"

Hiro's a good kid, so there's only one answer :colbert:

: "Well, I found out right away that Lucia needed to meet with the Goddess Althena."

: "But she's a stranger in this world, Ronfar. She doesn't know anything, or anyone. She was willing to look for the Goddess all alone, and there's no way I could let her do that."

: (I think I'll leave out the part about how blindingly beautiful she is.)

Pictured: Hiro's entire character summed up in one line.

: "I can't really explain it. There's just something about Lucia... Leo thinks she's the Destroyer, but he's wrong. Lucia has come here from the Blue Star to SAVE our world, not to destroy it."

: "You're doing a noble thing, Hiro. Very noble indeed."

: (If only I had been so noble with Mauri. If only I hadn't failed her. If...if only I hadn't left her... all alone...)

You can run, Ronfar, but you will never escape your TRAGIC BACKSTORY!!!

: "Okay, Hiro, here's the deal. We're playing the dice again. Win, and I help you and Lucia."

: "Lose, and I give you the boot from Casa de Ronfar and deny that I ever met any of you."

: "You might think it's chance, buddy, but I call it fate. Are you ready to roll?"

: "Hiro, forget about it! We know that Ronfar's dice are loaded!"

: "No, Ruby. These dice only roll straight and true."

: "Also, shut up."

Can you guess which is the right answer? it's either :ssh:

: "Hiro, you won! I guess those dice weren't loaded after all!"

: "I knew the key to gambling was persistence!"

: "Luck is with you today, buddy. I'm yours on a toss of the dice. To lift the curse, we'll need a statue of the Goddess, and there's one in the Sanctuary."

Wealthy young man-about-town Ronald Far is, in actuality, Batman?!

NEXT TIME

NAP!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Ronfar once gambled all the fucks he could ever give on a single dice throw.

Depending on your point of view, it was the only bet he ever lost.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ronfar seems like a pretty cool dude.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
The whole cast is all sorts of wonderful, but I agree that Ronfar and Leo are definitely the coolest especially at the beginning of the second disc

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Before this LP the only contact I had with this game is from watching other people play it back in college, and Ronfar saying "Lady Luck, be high!" is still seared into my mind.

Also, this segment?

quote:

: :barf:
Comedy gold. In fact you're doing a great job on the "extra" inserts. :allears:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Before this LP the only contact I had with this game is from watching other people play it back in college, and Ronfar saying "Lady Luck, be high!" is still seared into my mind.

It's "Lady Luck, be kind!"

You've been mishearing it all this time.

Do...do you need to sit down

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

It's kind of weird looking at this game again, especially since I can directly compare it to the original. The original didn't have any inner monologue or anything like that, and without inner dialogue Ronfar's angsting come off and... kind of odd.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Oxxidation posted:

It's "Lady Luck, be kind!"

You've been mishearing it all this time.

Do...do you need to sit down

My life is a lie! :cry:

But seriously, it's mostly just weird that I can remember (er, kind of) a voice clip I heard maybe a dozen or two times ten years ago. Memory, WTF?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

My life is a lie! :cry:

But seriously, it's mostly just weird that I can remember (er, kind of) a voice clip I heard maybe a dozen or two times ten years ago. Memory, WTF?
I can't read the word 'Submit' without hearing Ansem from Kingdom Hearts. Repetition makes something stick in your head.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
:10bux: says he was still playing with his loaded dice, he just decided to help the guys out and wanted to still look like a gruff jerk. :3:

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
Leo's right about Kangaroo Rats. They are adorable, even when they're six or seven inches long and utterly panicked about being surrounded by people.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
My favorite battle quote from Ronfar is "Happy Hour!". The guy knows how to party.

Ayana
Jun 29, 2010

Hee-Ho!

Mehuyael posted:

My favorite battle quote from Ronfar is "Happy Hour!". The guy knows how to party.

Isn't that one of the things he says when he heals you?

Yeah, Ronfar is great. How often do you have a drunk degenerate gambler as your healer, especially one who probably has more divine power than everyone in the local shrine put together?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I believe "Happy Hour!" is one of his quotes for using an item.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Omnicrom posted:

As item quotes go, nothing made me laugh so much as "Sample my goods!"

God, I need to play this game again.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Omnicrom posted:

Nope, it's for casting Healing spells. Ronfar rules.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
"Happy Hour!" is still seared into my brain to this day.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

As item quotes go, nothing made me laugh so much as "Sample my goods!"

God, I need to play this game again.

Crowetron posted:

Nope, it's for casting Healing spells. Ronfar rules.

Ah, I got "Happy Hour" with "Sample my goods!" The point I was trying to make is that this game has the best lines for actions.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

Crowetron posted:

: "I go wherever the Goddess wills me, old friend. Knocking is below me."

These additions are wonderful. Lucia :barf:-ing was also great.

Mehuyael posted:

I can't read the words "Happy Hour" without quoting Ronnie.

Omnicrom posted:

Ronfar says "Good thing I planned ahead!" when using an item.

Dariusknight
Jul 8, 2012

Crowetron posted:

: "I totally coulda won this time, Ruby."

: "Sure ya could have, sweetie. Now we should probably follow them."

That right there, sums up Ruby's personality perfectly... pint-sized flying furry maiden aunt.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Oh man, Lunar 2. I remember renting this, pulling an all nighter playing it, then buying it the next day. I still have that pendant, and actually wore it once or twice to school because gently caress yeah, shiny poo poo, and nobody knew where I got it. I was a special kid. Great job so far, gonna be following both this and the Sega CD one with great interest.

Alkarl fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 14, 2013

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Alkarl posted:

Oh man, Lunar 2. I remember renting this, pulling an all nighter playing it, then buying it the next day. I still have that pendant, and actually wore it once or twice to school because gently caress yeah, shiny poo poo, and nobody knew where I got it. I was a special kid. Great job so far, gonna be following both this and the Sega CD one with great interest.

When I took mine to school I found out the black part of the pendant wasn't paint. Just some plastic bit that could fall out. But when I found that out we got it painted for real. :allears:

Those poor standees, though. They didn't deserve their fate. :ohdear:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Episode 10: Ronfar's Backdoor

Last time, we met a drunken gambler in a dank bar, went back to his house, and watched as he sent the authorities away. Today, we follow him in his secret cave.

Also, he wants us to bring the comatose girl.

: "...power...of...Althena...is...only...stop...Zohpar...whole...ahhh..."

: "But what else can we do, Lucia? Can you hear me?"

: "...I see...it...all so...very clearly...now..."

I'm willing to do whatever it takes to cure this curse, at this point. I can only transcribe so many ellipses!

Although it does still amuse me that Lucia is literally dying and we still make her walk her own drat self around. Ice cold, Hiro, ice cold.

And with that, Ronfar joins the party! Ron will being filling for Grandpa Gwyn as the party's resident Cleric, smashin' stuff with maces and throwin' heals around like crazy.

Since Ronfar was only planning a trip to the pub when he got up this morning, he is sensibly not wearing any armor or toting any lethal weapons. That's why we picked up that mace and spare leathers at the shop earlier.

Ronfar also starts with both Heal Litany and Calm Litany already learned. He also has Clean Litany (the blue cross), which cures status effects and Anger Dice, which...well, it's different. We'll talk more about that in a bit.

For now, we need to slip out the back and head into that cave.

Cave Tunes!

Being a cave, this brief little dungeon is boring, brown, and has very annoying music.

It's also crawling with slimes. I think this place is supposed to give you can chance to try out Ronfar, but he fights basically the same as Gwyn. And also, this is a JRPG, so every character is controlled in the same way. So, I dunno why this is here. Oh well!

Oozes are a minor step up from Slimes, and thus cause no real danger.

Let's try out Anger Dice on this bug!

: "Lady Luck, be kind!"

Ronnie throws his dice...

They come up a random number and then EXPLODE

That's some pretty sweet damage! And it counts as Magic Damage, so this Killer Fly is weak to it! But there's a catch. I lucked out here a got a really good roll (10). This will not happen often.

Damage from Anger Dice is calculated based on what number you roll. So you're basically at the mercy of the RNG. Sometimes you'll hit triple digits, other times you'll do exactly 1 damage. Most of the time, you can do more consistent damage by just running up and smacking the thing in the head. I'm sure you could probably do some sort of save state trick these days to turn Anger Dice into a murder machine, but ain't nobody got time for that. gently caress Anger Dice.

By the way, Killer Flies can inflict Poison, which is why Ron's green in the face here. Poison could be problematic, if they didn't just give us a character who can cure it via magic. As it is, nice try, bugsy.

This is a pretty nice haul. More than makes up for the cash we spent outfitting Ronfar.

The second floor of the cave has bridges.

It is very exciting, I assure you.

Those two rooms are all there is to the scenic Larpa Slime Caverns.

: "Say what?"

: "The cliff. We gotta jump it. To break into the church."

: "Y'know, when you put it that way, I'm starting to have second thoughts about this plan."

: "H-Hiro...please...let's just...just go..."

: "Yeah but--"

: "I. AM. DYING."

: "Point taken."

: "SAINTS ROW, BIIIIIITCH!"

Hiro follows after, while Ruby just flies down like an rear end in a top hat.

Finally, Lucia heaves her barely conscious self off the cliff, but at least Hiro is nice enough to catch her. Ronfar doesn't even budge.

Now we can head through the Sanctuary's rear entrance.

Our goal is the statue, so maybe we can just cut through the door to the south and...

WHOOPS! We can listen in on him through the door, at least.

: "I won't allow you to ruin all that the Goddess has helped us to create!"

: :cawg:

Let's get this done quickly and quietly before we get rumbled.

: "Goddess Althena, governess of all creatures, hear my plea and grant my wish. Shatter the curse which has enveloped the heart and mind of this delicate creature."

: "Shatter the darkness of evil with rays of holy light!"

The Statue shines and healing energies float down onto Lucia.

: "Was that supposed to--"

: "No."

: "This is impossible! The spell she's under is stronger than... Stronger than..."

: "Ronfar, talk to us! What's happening to Lucia?"

: "I...I've never failed to break a spell, except once when..."

Flashback Time

: "I just need a little more power! Hold on, Mauri!"

: "Fight, Mauri, fight! Stay with us! I won't let you give up!"

: "Aaaaaahhhhhh...!!"

: "I won't go through something like that again. I'll save Lucia, or die trying."

: "Snatch Lucia's soul from the jaws of darkness, and purify her heart with your holy light!"

: "Holy crud!"

: "Holy gently caress!"

And just like that, Lucia stands and looks around at her saviors.

: "Well, how about that?"

: "Sweet success at the hands of Ronfar! Oh, yes!"

: "Who's the Man? It's me, I am the Man!"

Translation: No more Plasma Rain :(

: "She's going to be alright..."

Ronfar is the best, btw

Then this dude has to walk in a ruin the celebration :mad:

: "Oh! I didn't know we still had worshippers in the Sanctuary..."

: *nods towards priest, makes jerk off motion*

: "...Ronfar?! Why in Althena's name are you desecrating this holy place with your presence?! Have you finally decided to give up your wicked ways and rejoin The Chosen?"

: "Pffft hahahahaha! Yeah, sure, buddy."

: "Alas, the Sanctuary is closed. I do pray you can wait until tomorrow morning to repent?"

: "Lucia, you can rest at my house with your friends. Let's go."

: "Yeah!"

Lucia actually has HP now! And she's not dying from purple lightning! Yay!

: "C'mon, Hiro, let's return to my homestead so Lucia can get her beauty sleep."

Now we can just walk right out the front door and amble on back to Ron's pad.

Also, it's nighttime now. This ain't Skyrim, so you'll have to take my world for it.

: "A very large, pale baby, but a baby nonetheless. Only the purity of Althena herself can restore the strength Lucia lost to the curse."

Now that I think about it, everything that's happened so far has all happened in one day. That is one crazy afternoon!

: "That's a good idea. We have a long journey ahead. Thanks, Ronfar...for everything."

: "Are you kidding, Hiro? It's me who ought to be thanking you."

: "What do you mean, Ronfar?"

: "Oh, nothing... I think Lucia has laid claim to the bed..."

Ron then looks around, picks a spot...

And does just that.

Hiro and Ruby shrug at each other.

Then they follow suit. Sleepy time at Casa de Ronfar.

NEXT TIME

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

BABIES :argh:

Also, I forgot this version has Ronfar already come with a decent bit of spells... and that his default Chance spell works totally differently.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Urgk, that cave music. I enjoy most of this game's soundtrack in some capacity, but THAT song is just awful.

I love the name Ochre Ooze. Every time I think about naming Slime enemies, those are always the tier-2 Slime names. Also those flies are amusing. Their tell for the poison attack is spinning around in place. :3:

Trying to remember if it was now or in a short bit that Ronfar makes an amazing comment about that priest. Something about if looks could kill.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Zeikier posted:

Trying to remember if it was now or in a short bit that Ronfar makes an amazing comment about that priest. Something about if looks could kill.
...then he's already been seen by Medusa? Dude looks undead.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
I feel the need to point out that the voice work in Ronfar's flashback is kind of haunting to me. Dude's got angst. Doesn't stop him from being awesome though. :allears: Really, I love the characters in this game, part of what keeps me coming back to it over and over again as the years go on. Also going to nth the praise for the extra dialogue, it's awesome and right in place for a Lunar game. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

It's definitely good to know, from Leo's dialogue earlier, that Ronfar doesn't fall into the usual "angsty hero" category of having a dead girlfriend he couldn't help -- because we know Mauri is still alive. :v: But, if Ronfar couldn't bear to face her after she recovered from her affliction, one must wonder how, precisely, did he gently caress it up...

• Locked thread