Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerc Kasha
Apr 18, 2007

kloa posted:

Yea, I'm surprised it doesn't say how to. Just extract it to the Addons folder.

Don't do this, only official files should go into the 'addons' folder unless you want to cause yourself trouble down the line. Mods should use 'mod folders' which are: @ModName which have an addons folder inside it.

So it should look something like this:
SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@CBA_A3\addons

in the case of the no blur fix it will use a DTA folder instead of addons though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasonF
Aug 22, 2005

these bitches r kicking me?wow wook wookfuk u

This is pretty much what happens when goons make their own missions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJEPf_0d0sw
This is why we can't have nice things.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Arma 3 ‏@Arma3official

If you come across civilian snakes in the #Arma3 #Alpha, report it to our Feedback Tracker at http://feedback.arma3.com pic.twitter.com/pFywQIqe4b

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Oh hey it's my favorite rear end in a top hat on the bi studios forum:
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?119587-They-better-have-female-soldiers&p=2329384&viewfull=1#post2329384

Why would you be against female character models? But of course, putting spergy poo poo into the game is far more important.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
because he's a wanker, all he ever does is complain.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
No but you see ~*MY IMMERSION*~

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

If the women don't see hulkred on a one-in-five chance, then's it isn't realistic enough, because they're always mad about something, amirite?

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003
uh this is serious first tier warfighter poo poo. we don't all have time while we're in THE poo poo to be powdering our boobs or whatever it is women do

Age of the Atomic Mom
Oct 15, 2009

It won't be a realistic enough game until I can get pregnant, give birth, and raise a child in Stratis. And then see the father get shot in the head from a sniper 2km away. It just won't be enough until then. Equality.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
put forward the question in the Goons in Platoons sub forum... betting there are some stories in there.

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Also how to I host a server with my user-created scenario. I saved it but when I go to create a new server only the two co-op scenario's are there...

Save as -> export to multiplayer missions

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Rocksicles posted:

In fairness he was actually 'on the side of the angels' in the "Better animations?" thread, but yeah otherwise he's a resident curmudgeon, sperging is the norm for him.

I will say this though: if the Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires thread is anything to go by, "I want to have a barbie doll I can dress up durr" would be an even bigger success for Arma 3.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
If anyone has pedals and hasn't tried this yet, do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R60LoGA-sKI

It was posted a couple of days ago, but I finally bothered to hook up my Driving Force Pro and helicopter flying is now awesome. If only I had a Track IR. :3: I bound lean to the pedals as well, but haven't tried it out yet.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

MrOnBicycle posted:

If anyone has pedals and hasn't tried this yet, do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R60LoGA-sKI

It was posted a couple of days ago, but I finally bothered to hook up my Driving Force Pro and helicopter flying is now awesome. If only I had a Track IR. :3: I bound lean to the pedals as well, but haven't tried it out yet.

I just wish BI would make a crosshair that didn't move with your view so you could aim without centering and locking TrackIR. That's awkward enough to do that I generally don't bother hooking up TrackIR if I expect to fly a helicopter with weapons mounted.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
seriously dressed up in full kit, they all look alike.

I consider myself a sperger about tactics and i know more than a whole bunch about the military and only play on ACE/ACRE servers, i have trackir and all the gadgets.

I'm also in a very milsim clan, composed of active and ex armed forces players.
I don't care if there is a girl model. if they move a bit quick, or a bit slow. if you can't cook nades yet, or if the TO helo FM is implemented.

They have FINALLY after 10+ years given us something to work from that works as advertised.
The mods will do most of the rest.

BI giving out and an open alpha at discount for the full game and millions of testers was a stroke of genius.

I wish 1C had done it with Cliffs of Dover.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 11, 2013

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ralith posted:

I just wish BI would make a crosshair that didn't move with your view so you could aim without centering and locking TrackIR. That's awkward enough to do that I generally don't bother hooking up TrackIR if I expect to fly a helicopter with weapons mounted.

What do you mean? maybe i'm stoned but i didn't follow that. I haven't had an issue with my trackir yet. Works flawlessly.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I think he means the crosshair stays centered on the screen as he looks around, even if the helo's gun stays fixed forward.

Ralith, that'd be a good thing to suggest to BI, however that is best done.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Ralith posted:

That only happens with aircraft that have head mounted displays, otherwise the crosshair does stay centered.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
so its the chain guns not moving with the reticle?

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

These are, by far, the most brilliant photographs that I have ever seen, and you are a GOD AMONG MEN.
Toilet Rascal
I finally made it onto a server last night (Rice something-or-other, a Wasteland server) with a group of about 8 people on Blue who were working together and accomplishing objectives.

Oh my god. I haven't ever had a gaming experience like that before. The situations that emerged during gameplay were absolutely unlike anything that I've ever experienced in a multiplayer game. Our opposition weren't as organized as we were, since most of the other players were "independent," so it was kind of like fighting with insurgents. At one point, we were at our 'base' with a bunch of weapons and we were ambushed by three skilled snipers. Someone dropped a smoke grenade to obscure us from the snipers, but somehow a bad guy made it into our 'base' and killed a bunch of us before we got him. The whole scene was just so awesome, with all of the communication and the calling-out of enemy locations.

I've never had so much fun sitting in the passenger seat of an armored vehicle before, either.

Wow.

Just wow.

Edit: also, sniping a sniper from 500 meters. Wow.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Arma is organic in a way other shooters arn't.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it'll be better later when the kestrel and range finders com into it.

taking shots at 900 meters with wind and bullet drop is brilliant.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah, ArmA is great as a coop milsim, but treating it like a more complicated game of Battlefield without defined objectives is even better, for my money.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~
This game is amazing. I have no idea what I'm doing half the time and I'm still loving it.

pretend to care
Dec 11, 2005

Good men must not obey the laws too well
I can recall playing Ghost Recon 2 with my roommates back in the day and all working together to fight the skinnies, and literally pysically beating on one of my roommates who would always load out with a loving M42 instead of a silenced rifle during the night/hostage missions and get us killed.

Looking forward to co-op missions that give me that same feeling.

edit: that same feeling minus bum rushing someone in the next room to slap them.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

the black husserl posted:

I don't have a mic so I can't play with the goons yet but I've had good luck playing COOP Headhunters in random pubbie games. About 1 in 3 feature people using tactics and working together, worth a shot.

You can play without a mic just fine. The in game chat is perfectly serviceable. Just hop in mumble so you can hear everyone else and you'll be fine.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Btw if you need a cheap mic, grab the Zalman clip mic for like $8 on Amazon. I've been using it for close to 3 years and sounds fine.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Mederlock posted:

That only happens with aircraft that have head mounted displays, otherwise the crosshair does stay centered.

That's cool, but I'd imagine real life Ka-60* pilots have some way of knowing where their cannons are pointing. The way it's working now is pretty janky, but I'm sure they'll get around to addressing it.

I'd think there should be some kind of aiming pip (as part of your helmet display) that stays pointing ahead instead of moving with your view.

*or whatever that thing was in the helicopter showcase

pretend to care
Dec 11, 2005

My Microsoft Lifechat 3000 headset microphone (don't laugh) works in Windows, Steam, Mumble, PS3/360 and literally everything else other than Arma 3 in-game chat.

Any ideas? It's not that big of a deal except for the occasional pub server I might join drunk.

libersyber
Jan 15, 2009
Is anyone having problems connecting to multiplayer games today? I played this game for 7 hours yesterday but today I keep getting "connecting failed" error message when trying to join ANY game.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Wikipedia Brown posted:

That's cool, but I'd imagine real life Ka-60* pilots have some way of knowing where their cannons are pointing. The way it's working now is pretty janky, but I'm sure they'll get around to addressing it.

I'd think there should be some kind of aiming pip (as part of your helmet display) that stays pointing ahead instead of moving with your view.

*or whatever that thing was in the helicopter showcase

Edit:

Don't get me wrong, I agree totally, and hopefully they do figure it out.

pretend to care posted:

My Microsoft Lifechat 3000 headset microphone (don't laugh) works in Windows, Steam, Mumble, PS3/360 and literally everything else other than Arma 3 in-game chat.

Any ideas? It's not that big of a deal except for the occasional pub server I might join drunk.

Double check that the microphone is set as the default recording device in Windows 'sound' settings. That's all that comes to mind

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 11, 2013

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
So far, I love this, but it's starting to become unplayable with some script or something constantly running turning everyone into birds.

pretend to care
Dec 11, 2005

Mederlock posted:

Double check that the microphone is set as the default recording device in Windows 'sound' settings. That's all that comes to mind

Yeah, it is. I can find literally nothing to explain that push-to-talk does not register anything in the in-game chat through the mic. It is beyond weird.

But it is an alpha. Oh well.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
loving hackers should have their fingers cut off

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Crigit posted:

You can play without a mic just fine. The in game chat is perfectly serviceable. Just hop in mumble so you can hear everyone else and you'll be fine.

Alright I'm gonna do this tonight hopefully we can get some real tactics going ooorah my fellow brother-sisters in arms oorah.

kloa posted:

Btw if you need a cheap mic, grab the Zalman clip mic for like $8 on Amazon. I've been using it for close to 3 years and sounds fine.

Okay its not so much that I don't have a mic that I think my partner might strangle me if I was shouting "FUCKER AT 100 METERS" or whatever I need to stay alive.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Rocksicles posted:

Oh, he's one of those. I note the work orders in his signature. It's in alpha.

Actually, this annoys the poo poo out of me generally among 'power users' of products. They can literally be made to sign disclaimers about the operability of prototype software, and they'll nod and nod, but the split second something isn't to their liking they go loving mental.

He just sounds like the garden variety sperg dickhead that behaves like the game is made for him and only him.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
Can't play more than 10 minutes before some guy named azwakapawn (I think) joins and everyone turns into birds. Not really sure if it's related to him joining or not though either, I've joined a server and been alone and suddenly turned into a bird.

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.
I'm all for female models and voices being in the game but I'd rather BIS use their limited resources on other things for the time being.

Maybe sometime after the retail launch where BIS is working on DLC / Expansion content, but for now it's best to have them working on other parts of the game that need a little TLC.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Oh man, FaceTrackNoIR now supports IR LED tracking! FreeTrack has been pretty much discontinued and the latest version never worked right on my webcam, so this is amazing news for me. I can't wait to actually be able to use head tracking again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

Rocksicles posted:

loving hackers should have their fingers cut off

Play with goons. Problem solved. Alternatively, find hackers who are more funny and less obnoxious. I think herding goons together is easier though.