Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.

Masonity posted:

They don't disappear the same way Chelseas would.

Why are Chelsea voting for the measures then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Xeno posted:

People still buy Liverpool shirts :)

They're considered a big club.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Xeno posted:

People still buy Liverpool shirts :)

That's because Liverpool are a big club.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

julian assflange posted:

"Mancini demands that all players have a centrally decided Recommended Retail Price"

decided by Levy imo

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Pissflaps posted:

And he's absolutely right.

Well yes except not about the part I was quoting and talking about. Of course clubs have every right to fleece Mancini and his oil barons for every last penny they can. FFP is still a sham and these rules are so laughable I wouldn't even call them rules.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Der Shovel posted:

Well yes except not about the part I was quoting and talking about.

Well yes um ah except we were both discussing the same linked article.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Modus Trollens posted:

decided by Levy imo

Nah there would be a built in 'hard bargain jesus christ you're killing me here' margin for Levy

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Chelsea will be in real trouble if/when Abrahmovic leaves. We can see already that they're struggling to keep up with United and City, and teams like Tottenham are starting to catch up to them. Whilst they have a worldwide fanbase now, many of those have either come of age or starting following Chelsea when they have been successful - a few seasons outside the top 3 (or even 4) will see those fans lose interest.

People thought he would leave when they won the CL. What happens if he sticks around for another 10 -15 years or when he sells he sells to some other billionaire sugar daddy.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Fists Up posted:

People thought he would leave when they won the CL. What happens if he sticks around for another 10 -15 years or when he sells he sells to some other billionaire sugar daddy.

If he sticks around for another 15 years?

We're gonna have to train more managers.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Fists Up posted:

Obviously if he sticks around Chelsea will be fine, though they'll probably drop back to third with occasional title challenges.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

FullLeatherJacket posted:

If he sticks around for another 15 years?

We're gonna have to train more managers.

How long does it take for a burned bridge to rebuild itself? There's talks now of Mourinho returning and I reckon in another couple of years, he could just do the full Grant/Scolari/Hiddink/AVB/RDM/Benitez cycle again too

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
You missed out Ancelotti.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Still don't understand why he sacked Ancelotti.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

euroboy posted:

Didnt kiss the ring.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Lot 49 posted:

You missed out Ancelotti.

oh for fucks sake

It's like a revolving door isn't it

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

euroboy posted:

Roman wanted to transition away from the old guard. It was a dumb move but at the same time Ancelotti would've played kept playing Malouda and Anelka every match.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

willkill4food posted:

Roman wanted to transition away from the old guard. It was a dumb move but at the same time Ancelotti would've played kept playing Malouda and Anelka every match.

If this was the case why did he sack the manager that began to upset the old guard?

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Carlo was fired because he won 0 trophies in his second season. Nothing to do with the ~old guard~.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Chelsea were doing pretty well for the first half of that season, and then they started dropping points in the second half and then at the end Carlo was sacked. Most Chelsea fans I know of point to the sacking of Ray Wilkins for causing disruption at the club, although don't know how true that is.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Ninpo posted:

If this was the case why did he sack the manager that began to upset the old guard?

Because avb was supposed to phase out drogba, cole, lampard and terry without upsetting them and without any drops in form.

Simple eh?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Gorn Myson posted:

Chelsea were doing pretty well for the first half of that season, and then they started dropping points in the second half and then at the end Carlo was sacked. Most Chelsea fans I know of point to the sacking of Ray Wilkins for causing disruption at the club, although don't know how true that is.

I don't know if it "caused disruption at the club" but the form and performances took a near instant nosedive.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

quote:

An HMRC winding-up petition against the club has been dismissed in a matter of seconds on Monday morning...
Further to the statement released by the club on Sunday evening, Notts County can confirm that the winding up petition brought against the club by Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs has been dismissed.

The petition was dismissed in a matter of seconds at a hearing in London on Monday morning.

loving hilarious. Apparently it was for missed PAYE but the chairman is adamant we've not missed a single payment for a very long time, and apparently the hearing agreed.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

The Mash posted:

How long does it take for a burned bridge to rebuild itself? There's talks now of Mourinho returning and I reckon in another couple of years, he could just do the full Grant/Scolari/Hiddink/AVB/RDM/Benitez cycle again too

Roman wakes up, he goes to the shower, but Claudio Ranieri is already in there.

It turns out the entirety of 2004 to the present day was a Russian groundsman's opium dream.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The next step is surely to get in all of them at the same time as co-managers.

And Dennis Wise as DoF.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2013/feb/15/leeds-united-new-owners-ken-bates

The Guardian had a story today about Leeds' new ownership group that gives a decent glimpse into their financial operations. For the extremely tl;dr version: there is no single sheik benefactor to turn them into Manchester City, their overall plan is try to stumble into the PL and get the TV windfall but without spending big money to try and get themselves there, and they're looking for someone to buy about 30% of the club.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
In news that will surprise no-one, Arsenal have announced a profit of £17.8m in the club's latest half-yearly results, the club now have £123.3m in cash reserves, up £7m.

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 25, 2013

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

That profit is pretty much entirely down to the sales of RVP and Song since their match day income is down due to having fewer home fixtures? So I guess whilst it IS profit, its not exactly the best way to do it. Not that a City fan should comment on any of this stuff I acknowledge.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TheGoatFeeder posted:

That profit is pretty much entirely down to the sales of RVP and Song since their match day income is down due to having fewer home fixtures? So I guess whilst it IS profit, its not exactly the best way to do it. Not that a City fan should comment on any of this stuff I acknowledge.

Well, we wouldn't have posted the profit but for the RVP deal, but I think our in / out for this year balances out (RVP and Song out, Podolski Giroud and Cazorla in). Nacho probably brings us into the red for transfers this year.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

blue footed boobie posted:

Well, we wouldn't have posted the profit but for the RVP deal, but I think our in / out for this year balances out (RVP and Song out, Podolski Giroud and Cazorla in). Nacho probably brings us into the red for transfers this year.

Ah ok, fair enough then, thanks.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

All the players that came in were paid up front as well, which reduced the price by a lot of money if I understood correctly. I think it said in there somewhere that Arsenal owed other clubs around £8m in transfer installments while other clubs owed Arsenal around £45m, with Nasri, RVP, Fabregas and Song as the majority of that.

Still no sight A £7M Profit on the bench, but maybe A £123.3m Cash Reserve will break into the team soon?

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

euroboy posted:

maybe A £123.3m Cash Reserve will break into the team soon?

Stuff all the notes between the posts and ditch the sczezz

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Barca still owes money for Song and Cesc god dammnit

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I hope they can find a sympathetic bank or regional government to help them out until they can stump up the cash.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Vegetable posted:

Barca still owes money for Song and Cesc god dammnit

you can put it in the small print when you sell wilshere

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Modus Trollens posted:

you can put it in the small print when you sell wilshere

Not sure why Stoke will care about that.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I got my first statement through from the arsenal fanshare scheme today. It has now got 85 full shares which while only being a 0.14% stake still represents £1.3m of fans money which isn't too bad for something that hasn't had much publicity since it launched.

marcadia
Sep 13, 2005

How much have you put into it? Does it entitle you to attend board meetings etc..?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I got my first statement through from the arsenal fanshare scheme today. It has now got 85 full shares which while only being a 0.14% stake still represents £1.3m of fans money which isn't too bad for something that hasn't had much publicity since it launched.

If you get a call from an uzbeki number don't answer it.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

marcadia posted:

How much have you put into it? Does it entitle you to attend board meetings etc..?

Not alot yet, only started a direct debit recently. If you want you can go to the AGM but obiously as there are more people then full shares names are drawn out from those who've said they want to go. The goal is to get enough of a stake as to have a fan rep on the board but that'll be someone from the arsenal supporters trust rather then random fans going to board meetings and doing wanker signs under the table at ivan gazidis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Not alot yet, only started a direct debit recently. If you want you can go to the AGM but obiously as there are more people then full shares names are drawn out from those who've said they want to go. The goal is to get enough of a stake as to have a fan rep on the board but that'll be someone from the arsenal supporters trust rather then random fans going to board meetings and doing wanker signs under the table at ivan gazidis

Just checked out the site and read it requited the person to be a UK resident and has a UK bank account, is there a way a overseas supporter to join in?

• Locked thread