Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

Tom Cruise <3 Katie Holmes.
Katie Holmes <3 Tom Cruise.
:yaycloud:
Post pictures of things you just bought [modedit: and please say what they are you silly goose]. Because everybody loves pictures. Because sometimes we like to make spontaneous buys. Because we are materialistic bastards who live vicariously through other people's purchases.

If you feel so inclined, commentary on your purchases is usually better. Words are worth a thousand pictures. [modedit: seriously at least a hint]

Don't leech images aka Google image search copy paste laziness.

http://imgur.com/ is pretty good.

Previous Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3341748

Thread Starts Here

I've read Breakfast of Champions and Slaughterhouse Five so far and I like his style.

The first two TPBs of Fatale, a noir/horror type. Pretty drat good so far.

I don't even smoke. I just like fire and playing around with something in my hand.

A common fragrance but this stuff smells amazing. Very non-offensive. Only downside is it doesn't last very long (on my skin, 3 hours maybe).

Somebody has a new favorite as of 13:32 on Mar 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

The Giant Bomb Quick Look piqued my interest. :)

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918
My old bag finally fell apart after years of use, so I bought...

... an almost identical one because I love these bags.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

So I bought Tomb Raider for myself but my girlfriend has taken over and at time of posting is 48% of the way through. I myself am 10% since it didn't particularly grab me.

So instead have a peek at my fancy keyboard and mouse.

Actually the laptop more recent than the Kb+M so might as well include that too.

Kaskitew
Dec 28, 2012
Oh hey, I'm a shopaholic; allow me to show off the weird poo poo I buy!

I bought a pair of these in mid February, but I just got them in the mail this Friday. I.. don't know what I was thinking when I bought them, rather than "ooh, red!", but they're warm and make me like three inches taller, so I'll take them! My only problem is that I am a shy person to deal with, so being stopped on the bus and asked where I got them is spooky for me.

The mail guy also brought this to my door, which excited me greatly. While I do have the cheaper $20 version in four volumes (this one was $80, because I didn't want to get fancy and get the $140 textbook, dual language version), as well as the Wade Giles romanization, I really wanted this one, as the cover sleeve art for all three books are simply beautiful. I like to think to myself that the $20 version will be the one that I actually read, the Wade Giles version will be the one that I will read to a lesser extent, and this version will be my shelf jewel that I don't read, but will sit on my bookcase and look beautiful.

I saw this baby at a local used book store, had a heart attack and bought it without even feeling bad about throwing $80 at it (it usually goes for $120 online). I haven't even opened the first volume, as it is an absolute monster (split into four volumes, each volume packing 600 pages of pure text), but I will.. hopefully get a stab at it this summer.

Finally, I just bought this from amazon on Saturday, as it was only $5 with free shipping. Apparently, this is one of the greatest recordings of Holst's Op.32, but we'll see if it competes with James Levine's recording, which of course I have a copy of.

A little bit about me: I am a book worm, a part time flute player, and a history major, so I spend a lot of money on books, collecting CDs, obscene boots and other silly articles of clothing, and video games. I also bought a copy of Super Puyo Puyo awhile ago, because SFC games are forever cheaper than SNES games, and the art cover was cute.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Tomkat posted:

I've read Breakfast of Champions and Slaughterhouse Five so far and I like his style.
I just re-bought this because I loaned my copy out and never got it back. You're gonna love it!

I just bought a forged bottle opener. It's awesome.

qball
Aug 1, 2002

You could go and have a bite, and you'd still be hearin' that one.
Gibson J-45 Purevoice.

I've been wanting a J-45 for a while and I found one I really click with.

I'm going to play the hell out of it.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

qball posted:

Gibson J-45 Purevoice.

I've been wanting a J-45 for a while and I found one I really click with.

I'm going to play the hell out of it.

That looks nice. Since I'm a newb I got this guitar chord poster. :smith:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I got tired of smacking my receiver to make it work so, after 12 years of this Sony I replaced it with an Onkyo TX-NR414:

I also picked up a GoGroove FlexSMART X2 because I'm tired of burning CDs for my car.

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

If the squirrels figure out a way to get these seeds, that copper roof will be mighty convenient when I add electricity.

See goons. This is what happens. 10 years ago, I'd say things like, "Let's get drunk and get in fights whooooo!" and now I say things like, "We really need a bird feeder out there on the big tree."

I bought a bird book too.

Help me.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I traded in a bunch of DVDs to my local music/movie store on my trek towards going completely HD, and got two great blu-rays in advance of their release dates this Tuesday:

Only watched Sound City so far, and it's FANTASTIC. Grabbed Life of Pi after all of the Oscars, and I'm usually an easy go for visual spectacle.

Jeff Goldblum IRL
Nov 29, 2006

The greatest trick Coyote ever pulled, was convincing the world that he exists.

Ramagamma posted:

So I bought Tomb Raider for myself but my girlfriend has taken over and at time of posting is 48% of the way through. I myself am 10% since it didn't particularly grab me.

So instead have a peek at my fancy keyboard and mouse.

Actually the laptop more recent than the Kb+M so might as well include that too.

Why is the rear end of your RAT mouse missing?

uptown
May 16, 2009

This top

This dress

Some other crap. Went clothes shopping yesterday. I really want a new pair of winter Sorels (these ones) but winter ends in a few months so I might just wait til next year, just in case I decide I don't like them anymore during the course of the year.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

I've been wanting to read this for a little while now, and just managed to find a nice cheap copy at a used bookstore.

Also got a CD in the super cheap bin, but I don't know what it is because it's entirely in Russian. And it's music from the 60s and 70s. It reminds me of GTA IV.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jeff Goldblum IRL posted:

Why is the rear end of your RAT mouse missing?

I just find it more comfortable without the rear end.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's

Bucket Joneses posted:

I got tired of smacking my receiver to make it work so, after 12 years of this Sony I replaced it with an Onkyo TX-NR414:

Be careful with this one. I have one and the HDMI out port no longer works as far as I can tell. I got it last year so about 8-12 months of owning it. There are a lot of issues with them if you search around, but when it did work, it was awesome.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.

Reverse macro adapter, didn't intend to buy it but I was looking for something else and it was so cheap. Hopefully it will turn some of my old unused lenses into not completely terrible macro lenses.

What I was looking for was an adapter so I can use M mount lenses on my m4/3 camera. This one came in at a hefty 1/10th of the price of the almost identical Voigtlander version. Could have bought it cheaper but decided to buy it from a non-Hong Kong seller and get it this month.

cbubbles
Mar 15, 2007

I'm soooo into you
Been on a bit of a comic kick lately, got the following:

Superman Red Son

All New X-Men, got the first 8 issues (what has been released so far).

and some spark plugs, motor oil, and a motor oil filter for my motorcycle (which aren't quite exciting enough to be pictured here)

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

These two shirts which I've been loving from Milk-Tee

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

LTBS posted:

Be careful with this one. I have one and the HDMI out port no longer works as far as I can tell. I got it last year so about 8-12 months of owning it. There are a lot of issues with them if you search around, but when it did work, it was awesome.

Well that's certainly disconcerting. Maybe I'll get a warranty through Square Trade or something.

If the HDMI-out dies then this thing is virtually useless to me :(

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Noni posted:

If the squirrels figure out a way to get these seeds, that copper roof will be mighty convenient when I add electricity.

I don't think electricity works that way.

EDIT: Well, if the perch is isolated from the top part, I guess you could apply a voltage to one, ground the other, and hope the squirrels touch the perch and the roof at the same time.

Skeleton Ape has a new favorite as of 23:43 on Mar 11, 2013

Ferretten
Jun 13, 2006
behind tired eyes, behind tired eyes, he is waiting. and knowing our destinies.

Shirt

Pedant

Eyeliner pen

Dead hare (x2)

Glass eyes and lead ear liners.

Ferretten has a new favorite as of 00:49 on Mar 12, 2013

TheOnlyStarFish
Apr 22, 2010

"And the fucking pants. Goddammit, the fucking pants. again. If there is anyone on this planet who likes those fucking pants other than you 3 people, they’re probably 5 years old and laugh at anything random."

This was finally back in stock on Amazon, now I don't have to pay some crazy amount to people selling it second hand.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Ticket to this show, yay! There are so many good bands coming into town lately, I don't know how I'm going to afford it.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

In honor of the new album coming out and Tron Legacy being awesome as gently caress. Do not give a gently caress how monster is overrated so no I'm not a music snob, just a nerd.

MEsean
Aug 29, 2003

Tickets to see Turquoise Jeep in May.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

A year of being able to watch Netflix in Korea... $70
Its a VPN service.

Awesome Capris

My favorite moisturizer.

A Fujitsu Primergy MX130S2 Server
Whitesheet

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Not quite /just/ bought, but recently. Tickets for this show, for which I'm incredibly excited.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

MEsean posted:

Tickets to see Turquoise Jeep in May.

Uggghhhhh I'm so jealous.

I like to dance, too, Flynt Flossy.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

New saddle for my road bike.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

I love this movie so much.

And this

e: yes, I know, I have terrible taste in music.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Just bought this, which isn't the best video card in the world...

...but it may just be the nicest looking. It's like a stylish old point-and-shoot camera, where most video cards look like something you'd see attached to the interior of a douche-y teenager's car.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
That thing is the Mini Cooper of video cards, it's so stubby looking.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

Got a new job, needed two pairs.

Enjoying these this evening to celebrate my new employment

Grilling these for dinner with a little lime and cilantro

Downloaded this a little late, but drat if it isn't fun.

Internet Cliche
Oct 18, 2004
Ninja Robot Pirate Zombie
Just bought tickets to see

&

in Asheville NC on St. Patrick's Day.

It's going to be a riot, but I know I'm nowhere near cool enough to be in attendance. :negative:

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
A new 29er bike

And a new to me Used camera and lens

Very happy with both

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

the kawaiiest posted:

e: yes, I know, I have terrible taste in music.

Coincidentally, I just got this to replace an old and busted copy:

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Internet Cliche posted:

Just bought tickets to see

&

in Asheville NC on St. Patrick's Day.

It's going to be a riot, but I know I'm nowhere near cool enough to be in attendance. :negative:

If you guys post pictures of musicians please tell us who they are. I somehow guessed that the top one was Nick Cave even though I don't know his work. But I'm at a loss for the other artist.

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar

New guitar stuff!

Also some more guitar stuff (thin picks since I'm just left over with tons of >1mm picks from an assorted set) and the Contigo AUTOSEAL travel mug which has been pretty great so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Ran out of my Chanel allure homme sport cologne (which I really liked) the other day so to mix it up, I purchased this classic:

I love it. I haven't used the stuff in a few years so it's nice to switch back to something I knew I'd enjoy on an almost daily basis.

• Locked thread