Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cats on the beat
Jan 31, 2012

Hewlett posted:

I think my favorite is the later-season Deep Space Nine theme, where it turns the normally somber theme into a fanfare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORp0T6zYByM

Truth, it's composed by klingon Aaron Copland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011
Birdemic 2:

Where to begin?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It looks like it's trying too hard and the shittiness of the first one that made it so endearingly crap will probably now be accompanied by knowing winks at the audience.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

It looks like it's trying too hard and the shittiness of the first one that made it so endearingly crap will probably now be accompanied by knowing winks at the audience.

The Birdemic guy honestly thinks people love the first one, if I remember correctly.

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

Considering this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXOM16xwxCU

was the first trailer, I think that's an accurate assessment.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Never mind, wrong thread. :smith:

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!
I dunno, I support a guy who calls himself "THE MASTER OF ROMANTIC THRILLERS(tm)". At least he has enthusiasm for his work.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
I think he knows exactly what he's doing. He wouldn't include that "Who needs talent" quote if he was unaware how lovely his movies are.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Three random posters.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
:stare:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

What the gently caress.

Also, I'm fairly certain that Bruce Willis shot comes from Looper.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Is that concussed looking guy behind Bruce Willis supposed to be Channing Tatum?

Edit: is that James Franco? Also, that girl's proportions are doing my head in.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Is this one of those foreign painted posters?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Vagabundo posted:

Yes, precisely. I can't think of a single instance where that poo poo has worked. Bad movies are only funny if they weren't made to be bad.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

The MSJ posted:

Is this one of those foreign painted posters?

Probably.

However, someone HERE has it labeled as an "unused promo poster". Also, on that page, they link to the original source here, where it's described as the following:

quote:

This comes to me from a reported former designer at one of Paramount’s art agencies…thanks to him for forwarding this along! He’s not entirely sure what the purpose of this poster was, but it was some sort of promotional artwork. I know we’ve been seeing a lot of the photo-realistic posters, but this one is pretty unique and interesting with a real artistic flair.

Check out this poster exclusively for the first time right here on GeneralsJoes!

That person is a moron. There's no drat way that was created by anyone directly connected to the production of that film.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Mar 13, 2013

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

AndyP posted:

Birdemic 2:

Where to begin?
Wow the cast must be glad to hear that David McKendry of FANGORIA thinks they have no talent.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Mister Chief posted:

Three random posters.

I must have this poster. So good, and keeps true to the original poster's style.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Suzuki Method posted:

I must have this poster. So good, and keeps true to the original poster's style.

Yeah. That's almost too nice. Lets bring back this thread to a neutral level of quality

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah. That's almost too nice. Lets bring back this thread to a neutral level of quality

I almost gagged when I realized what this was supposed to be.

The Rock looks like a fat mess. How do you screw things up so fundamentally that you end up making The Rock look like a fat mess.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

LesterGroans posted:

The Rock looks like a fat mess. How do you screw things up so fundamentally that you end up making The Rock look like a fat mess.

He looks like melted Big Show.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Mister Chief posted:

Three random posters.

This is fan made? It's gorgeous.
Have they done any others?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lizard Combatant posted:

That's a mondo poster.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

Der Shovel posted:

Yes, precisely. I can't think of a single instance where that poo poo has worked. Bad movies are only funny if they weren't made to be bad.

I liked The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra :shrug:

Although that had honest jokes in it, one-liners and setpieces and physical comedy and stuff. Maybe that puts it in a different category than something that's just really sloppy and cynical?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Lizard Combatant posted:

It's a Martin Ansin joint.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Hey, the only good mondo artist. Well too bad mondo posters are a huge cocktease to create artificial demand and drive up the price even though they're super easy to print thousands of.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Mondo Posters: Cast Collages Now And Forever

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Mondo Posters: Cast Collages Now And Forever

Except for the poster that I originally posted which features a single character.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Is Taxi Driver his only poster which doesn't have every character with a speaking role crammed in there?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Young Freud posted:

What the gently caress.

Also, I'm fairly certain that Bruce Willis shot comes from Looper.

They took Bruce Willish right out of a promo shot of Live Free or Die Hard.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Mr. Squishy posted:

Is Taxi Driver his only poster which doesn't have every character with a speaking role crammed in there?

I remember his Bride of Frankenstein poster being really good too.

Edit: ah, here it is.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

They took Bruce Willish right out of a promo shot of Live Free or Die Hard.

To be honest, he's been wearing that jacket for awhile.

Looper

A released still from G.I. Joe Retaliation

He must really like that jacket.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Bruce Willis needs to get out of actions movies, jesus. I liked him in Moonrise Kingdom as it was finally something different.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Young Freud posted:

To be honest, he's been wearing that jacket for awhile.

Looper

A released still from G.I. Joe Retaliation

He must really like that jacket.

Man, Bruce Willis' face is imploding.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Wait, I just remembered...

Pulp Fiction.

He's been wearing that jacket for almost twenty years.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Vintersorg posted:

Bruce Willis needs to get out of actions movies, jesus. I liked him in Moonrise Kingdom as it was finally something different.

I think he forgets that he's capable of more than shooting things. I miss funny Bruce Willis the way I miss funny Tom Hanks. :(

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dick Trauma posted:

I think he forgets that he's capable of more than shooting things. I miss funny Bruce Willis the way I miss funny Tom Hanks. :(

You miss The Whole Nine Yards???

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

cats on the beat posted:

I was going to rush to the defense of this image, because I thought it might be a cool woodcut. But it appears to be inked to look like a woodcut. :eng99:

March movie of the month has a great poster:

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

Why don't you go get a glass of orange juice and spill it all over yourself like a big dumb baby

Holy poo poo.

Someone got paid to make this. That's the first thing that always pops in my head when seeing terrible movie posters.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!!?!?!

gently caress that movie was just about the most unfunniest thing ive ever watched. The only, only scene I laughed at was when Spade was sleeping on a couch and watches some mom breast feeding and he's like, "why is this turning me on?!".

gently caress Sandler - I guess it's cool you're making sure your friends have cash and aren't going broke but jesus, write something good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

Holy poo poo.

Someone got paid to make this. That's the first thing that always pops in my head when seeing terrible movie posters.

Oh god, not only is it an awful poster but now I'm aware that Grown Ups 2 is coming out :negative: