Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Mister Chief posted:

Has a reboot ever had a sequential number?

Troll 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Friday the 13th? :v:

The only one I can think of prior to this is Doom 3.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Highlander 3 rebooted Highlander 2, if that counts.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
Evil Dead 2 maybe?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Cleretic posted:

There's no excuse for 4, and 3 might have been the slow start of the 'gently caress coherency, let's just make references to everything' that Seltzer and Friedberg picked up and ran with, but 3's maybe the last quality parody movie that was made. I don't remember the aliens plot and the Ring ripoff gelling particularly well, but at the very least actual jokes were made.

Black Dynamite was the last quality parody movie.

Also, discussing Scary Movie Series continuity and canon is pretty funny.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Dissapointed Owl posted:

CHICKEN AND WAFFLES!?

THAT'S IT!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

Friday the 13th? :v:

The only one I can think of prior to this is Doom 3.

There's the entire Quake series, which rebooted itself with each sequential release: the first one was gothic-techno-fantasy, the next space marines vs. alien cyborgs, the third was deathmatch only, and the fourth rebooted second installments Strogg war.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MikeJF posted:

Highlander 3 rebooted Highlander 2, if that counts.

I wouldn't really call that a reboot. They just ignored it. Its been a while since I've seen Highlander 3 but I believe they still worked off the assumption that the first movie happened.

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

Dissapointed Owl posted:

And out of all the parody movies coming out this year, the only one that looks like it's going to be any decent is The World's End.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mister Chief posted:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Cleretic posted:

There's no excuse for 4, and 3 might have been the slow start of the 'gently caress coherency, let's just make references to everything' that Seltzer and Friedberg picked up and ran with, but 3's maybe the last quality parody movie that was made. I don't remember the aliens plot and the Ring ripoff gelling particularly well, but at the very least actual jokes were made.
I don't know why, but this is my favorite gag/joke in Scary Movie 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzuooxKRfyg
Its so simple yet for some reason it makes me laugh every time. Leslie Nielsen as the president was also great. Another of my favorite gags in that movie was this:

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

Dirty Hairy. Only Harier.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

schwenz posted:

Dirty Hairy. Only Harier.

He's Going to Take a Bite Out of Crime!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dog Police! I Don't Know Where You're Coming From! Dog Police! Nobody Knows Who You Are!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That better be in the drat soundtrack.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
He's Ready To Sniff Out Crime!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Prepare For A New Breed Of Cop!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
This Cop Is A Different Beast!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
This Old Dog's Learned New Tricks!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Were-Cop? There cop!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Call Off The Dogs And Call In The WOLFCOP!

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

Wanna see Wolf Cop on a Law and Order show with this guy . . .

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
So is that Vampire 2: Prosecutor, Vampire Prosecutor 2 or Vampire 2 Prosecutor wherein he gives up his bloodsucking ways and joins the bar?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yodzilla posted:

So is that Vampire 2: Prosecutor, Vampire Prosecutor 2 or Vampire 2 Prosecutor wherein he gives up his bloodsucking ways and joins the bar?

All of the above. That's what's so brilliant.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

muscles like this? posted:

I wouldn't really call that a reboot. They just ignored it. Its been a while since I've seen Highlander 3 but I believe they still worked off the assumption that the first movie happened.

Every part of Highlander continuity ignores Highlander II. If only it could collide with Highlander: The Source and both movies would be obliterated from existence in the blast of anti-continuity.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

achillesforever6 posted:

I don't know why, but this is my favorite gag/joke in Scary Movie 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzuooxKRfyg
Its so simple yet for some reason it makes me laugh every time. Leslie Nielsen as the president was also great. Another of my favorite gags in that movie was this:

Yeah, those both echo'd Airplane! + Hot Shots! and therefore were awesome. ZAZ is in there somewhere, crying for help to get out!

Irish Taxi Driver fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 14, 2013

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Scary Movie 3 and 4 were, as a whole, just as reprehensible as 1 and 2 were, but the odd ZAZ quality gags made them miles better. Some have been mentioned but there are a few others. One that I liked in Scary Movie 4 was the quick bit where the two characters try to steal disguises from two villagers from "The Village" by yanking them into a bush and beating them up. After a scuffle the two villagers come out of the bush unharmed and walk away brushing their shoulders having kicked the main characters' asses.

There is indeed quality comedy there that wants to get out but is just covered in poo poo.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Is that man escaping from Yellow Submarine?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
It's like the only rule for that movie is that there can't be a single second on film where someone isn't talking. I've never heard so much unfunny bullshit being blathered out of actors' mouths before holy crap.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Darthemed posted:

Is that man escaping from Yellow Submarine?

Joey Pants was in that movie. 1994 must have been a poo poo year for him.

So was John Rhys-Davies

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It really does seem like they filmed the movie as though the robot doesn't speak, watched it, decided it wasn't funny in the slightest, then got Joey Pantoliano (is that his voice?) to "punch it up".

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It really does seem like they filmed the movie as though the robot doesn't speak, watched it, decided it wasn't funny in the slightest, then got Joey Pantoliano (is that his voice?) to "punch it up".

The IMDB credits are pretty scant, but Joey Pantoliano plays "the Father". Don Peoples is the voice of the Robot "Golddigger". It looks like they got another actor to actually play the robot, but that's not that rare, like Darth Vader as David Prowse's body with James Earl Jones' voice.

Edit: Oh God, Joey Pants was the associate producer of this movie!

I found a video review by Obscurus Lupa Presents. It's worse than the cover lets on.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 14, 2013

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Also no way in hell is that '94. It looks like it's from the 70's.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Based on the first poster, try to figure out what the premise of the movie is. Once you've decided on a plot or gimmick, check out the second poster for the answer.

is it just me, or was 'TIT' drawn before the rest of the graffiti?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I like how they didn't even attempt to roboticize the voice to actually make it feel like it's coming from the robot. It sounds more like someone doing a lovely Jerry Lewis impression as an alternate commentary track on the DVD.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Darthemed posted:

Fred Armisen?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Darthemed posted:

[/spoiler]

Chef!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Darthemed posted:

It's just you. Tagging was very popular at the time of the movie.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Yodzilla posted:

It's like the only rule for that movie is that there can't be a single second on film where someone isn't talking. I've never heard so much unfunny bullshit being blathered out of actors' mouths before holy crap.

This video is exhausting to listen to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aga.
Sep 1, 2008

Darthemed posted:

I thought I was just being racist thinking that looked like Lenny Henry, but no, he was actually in a Hollywood film somehow.